Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In HSY, what happens with high school graduation if you have aging off?

Hello, I'm considering purchasing HSY but I have a quick question. I read that sims can only graduate after they age up to a young adult. What happens if you have aging off and they don't age up?
I have aging off and would like my sims to be in high school permanently. I read posts about this from July 2022, when HSY first came out, and some people were saying that if you have aging off, sims stay in high school forever (which is what I'm hoping for) but some people were saying that the school year is over after 4 sim weeks, and after those 4 weeks, your teen sims will just stop going to high school and stay home everyday (which is what I'm NOT hoping for).
So, what happens? Those posts I was reading were nearly a year old so I'm wondering exactly what would happen and if anything has changed in the past year or so.
Thank you for any information!

Comments

• Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 710 Member
    I have found that if I follow the sim to school everyday, they just stay in highschool indefinitely. If I send them to school alone, I get offered a chance to graduate early. I get offered over and over and over, until it becomes annoying.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Haven't hard about the 4 week graduation thing...

The graduation ceremony happens when your teen ages up. However, if the teen has A, is doing well in after-school activity, and has a skill maxed out (at least that's how the game says it is), they can graduate early. You get that offered at first, but you can do it through computer.

So no, they shouldn't graduate after 4 weeks.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I have found that if I follow the sim to school everyday, they just stay in highschool indefinitely. If I send them to school alone, I get offered a chance to graduate early. I get offered over and over and over, until it becomes annoying.

I have a fix for the constant graduate early notification. It's in the HighSchoolYear module of my callandvisittweak:
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=6
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen