Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Settings and Setup for a New Save

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Musing ‘aloud’ as it were on everything I need to get set for a New Save. Have I missed anything?

- House complete with basics, including thermostat, fire alarm, laundry, vacuum…
- Length of Lifespans set in Game Options and MCCC. Age of individual active Sims tweaked as required.
- Delete EA holidays. Replace with desired holidays in desired order.
- Order first set of Groceries
- and a set of desired basic Skill books
- Get through whatever Welcome Wagon…
- Make sure active Sims have job as applicable
- Disable Neighbourhood Stories (for now…)
- potentially plant first garden

- replace adjoining lots and community lots as suitable for location and story

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited May 2023
    as long as game options and neighborhood stories for "my households" and "other households" are checked and rightfully toggled

and any mods you might have are also toggled as should be

then no big disasters shall emerge

unless ofcourse you are vampire then yes you will need a roof to go under and maybe a coffin

might also be good to hit testingcheats on so you can teleport your sims if they get in buggy places and reset sim when they glitch

oh and also, you might have missed toilet or trash can or a door happens to me all the dang time maybe even stairs if theres multiple levels to the house
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Disable Neighborhood Action Plans if desired.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Have a back up of the save file!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Check your build to make certain you have all the lights you need. I sometimes forget those and the rooms are perpetually dark as a result.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Don't forget the trash can and mail box. I always forget those.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Disable Neighborhood Action Plans if desired.

This is the first one that comes to mind. I always have it turned off.

Other things to do for me
    - check on length of season and moon cycle
    - enable/disable fame (depending on your preference, mine is always off)
    - enable/disable wants and fears
    - enable/disable lifestyles (snowy escape)
    - enable/disable self discovery moments (extra traits from growing together)
    - enable/disable temperature effects on sims
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited May 2023
    In my save file I gave all my sims reputations, fame if it makes sense for them, pre set skills, lifestyles, character value traits, reward traits (both from the rewards store and aspiration reward traits if it makes sense), likes and dislikes, up to the max 6 CAS traits, weather preferences and clubs.

I also like to create exclusive club hangouts at community lots, VIP areas for celebrities where it makes sense, I give all lots some lot traits and challenges, all neighbourhoods preset NAP's, I modify every lot to support either a green, neutral or industrial eco footprint, and I like to place at least one restaurant and retail store in most worlds.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I don't know if you play rotationally or not but you might want to fix your aging settings to Active Household Only or off.

Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I import a bunch of my own Sims to serve as homeless townies to discourage the random generation of fashion criminals with blonde Afros and Japanese names.
  • grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I usually forget to place sinks.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited May 2023
    If you have expansion packs you may want to check the individual pack settings to disable things you don’t want ( example: I disabled being able to lose a job randomly for Growing Together. ).