Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    Just a minor observation. My sim self is part of a woohoo club via the clubs and organisations feature and after he woohooed another member of the club, this unlocked the "had an affair" milestone and he now according to his milestones, he is apparently in love with said club member!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    Just a minor observation. My sim self is part of a woohoo club via the clubs and organisations feature and after he woohooed another member of the club, this unlocked the "had an affair" milestone and he now according to his milestones, he is apparently in love with said club member!

Is your partner in the game in the same club?
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member

His wife isn't in the same club.
  • Options

His wife isn't in the same club.
    Maybe that's the reason?
  • Options
    Simmer3550Simmer3550 Posts: 28 Member
    San Sequoia is mostly a shell with a few houses and lots.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited May 2023
    Meh, I just held my first slumber party in a household with a single parent and her son. It did not go well.

The goal for telling 2 stories from the sleeping bag did not tick off, the goal for 1 sim sleeping did not tick off - my sim slept but I don't know if the goal is for guests only - NONE of the guests slept at all. I asked them to set up their sleeping bags, which they duly did. Then they went off to watch tv.

When I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried, I even formed a club and made the only activity sleeping. Still they did not sleep!

Literally why i don't bother with sleepover events. My guests wont sleep!! I wish it worked like the sims 3 slumber party where at a certain time you get a notif saying "okay time for sleep!" and everyone auto places their sleeping bags and go to sleep. There is no way to use the prank during sleep overs if no one will sleep either!! I had to have my kid prank their parent just so I could see how the interaction went.
  • Options
    SimMommy05 wrote: »
    Meh, I just held my first slumber party in a household with a single parent and her son. It did not go well.

The goal for telling 2 stories from the sleeping bag did not tick off, the goal for 1 sim sleeping did not tick off - my sim slept but I don't know if the goal is for guests only - NONE of the guests slept at all. I asked them to set up their sleeping bags, which they duly did. Then they went off to watch tv.

When I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried, I even formed a club and made the only activity sleeping. Still they did not sleep!

I had this trouble the first time I had my sim have a slumber party as well. You have to have your host sim tell the others that it is bed time. You do it like you do when you ask them to set up the sleeping bags.

oh interesting, i never saw that option pop up. Is it in the chat wheel or do you click on your own sim?
  • Options
    lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    The milestones resetting issue still hasn’t been fixed, or even acknowledged (!!), over 2 months later. It blows my mind. Unless this bug is actually a feature, in which case I’m done buying Sims packs.
  • Options
    RockingBox158RockingBox158 Posts: 9 New Member
    It takes ages for bugs to be fixed. Dine Out is still broken and it's been that way for years.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    Hi @lucombre the milestones bug is one of the open bug reports for Growing Together at the official EA bug tracking site here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-resetting-disappearing/td-p/12394945

It does sound frustrating! I'm waiting for it to be fixed before I buy the pack.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    lucombre wrote: »
    The milestones resetting issue still hasn’t been fixed, or even acknowledged (!!), over 2 months later. It blows my mind. Unless this bug is actually a feature, in which case I’m done buying Sims packs.

Also called out in today's Laundry List.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    Any update to the Graduation ceremonies not working at all? lol, I know many have put in tickets on the EA bug report forum, but I have not seen any update about this feature, considering the pack released almost a year ago, it would nice to have updates.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    It takes ages for bugs to be fixed. Dine Out is still broken and it's been that way for years.

It really is kind of wild how long it takes for some features to be fixed. No shade to the team as Idk who allows them or when they are allowed to look into fixing things, but regardless it is quite ridiculous. It's really not that great of customer service in general. I know so many games with smaller teams that have had major bug reports from players fixed with in a week, sometimes the next day, and we are constantly left in the dust to wonder if a broken feature from an expensive pack will ever be fixed. I find it quite saddening.
  • Options
    Cleo60Cleo60 Posts: 27 Member
    I don‘t like that on every recreation lot only adults use the swings
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I've still not bought the pack. I can't justify paying full price for it. I bet its great gameplay but for full price it seems so lacklustre.

I feel the same and still waiting for a good sale. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I've still not bought the pack. I can't justify paying full price for it. I bet its great gameplay but for full price it seems so lacklustre.

I feel the same and still waiting for a good sale. :)

In my opinion even waiting for 25% off sale.Only paying 30.00 dollars is worth it!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2023
    Hey just wanted to say that I have reported the bug about milestones disappearing in rotational play when switching from one family to another and then visiting the first family (they disappear from the first family):
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GRO-Milestones-reset-when-switching-family-then-visiting-first/td-p/12613564
    I'm really upset this bug has gone unattended this long and that from the previous bug thread they only took one simple solution, ignored the rest of the situations and called it solved. So please me too if you have this specific issue. If you have another type of issue, it's adviced to start a new bug report.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    The milestones system is actually what stops me from getting this pack. If milestones don't stick when playing rotationally, I might get it afterall! Can someone confirm whether milestones are created for NPCs?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The milestones system is actually what stops me from getting this pack. If milestones don't stick when playing rotationally, I might get it afterall! Can someone confirm whether milestones are created for NPCs?

Simply going by what has been true of TS4 all along? I'd say no. Milestones probably don't affect NPCs. If they do, it would be a pleasant surprise, though.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    NPCs don't get milestones. Some milestones can be assigned retroactively when an NPC joins your household.
    The Bug where milestones are lost when your play rotationally is also still a thing.

Other than the ones for babys, milestones aren't too deep. There are rather few and some don't work at all because they have not been properly coded. Anyhow, the feature doesn't make sense as an EP feature as they won't be expanded upon with future packs, just like lifestyles. They should have made the core one's BG and the pack ones pack exclusive. They couldn't do that though as they already had the massive infant update as a freebie and needed the feature to fill the EP. Oh well...
    But then again they also dumped wants and fears after their in vast parts unneccessary overhaul and that was a BG feature. There's a theme there with unginished concepts that would have potential if done and expanded properly. You need to have a proper BG core and expanded upon it with packs. Adding new core features so late into the Franchise only works if cross pack compability ist fully provided. With the urge to provide free stuff on a regular basis, EA are apparently cutting down in the cohesiveness of older features.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    Hey just wanted to say that I have reported the bug about milestones disappearing in rotational play when switching from one family to another and then visiting the first family (they disappear from the first family):
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GRO-Milestones-reset-when-switching-family-then-visiting-first/td-p/12613564
    Thank you @musteni :)
    I'm really upset this bug has gone unattended this long and that from the previous bug thread they only took one simple solution, ignored the rest of the situations and called it solved.

100% agree, that was an annoying thing to do.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I am considering buying Growing Together but I am overly enthusiastic.

Con:
    - the world is not what I would like to play in at all, there is no fishing or nothing to harvest. If I want my sims to live by the water I would just go to Tartosa, the world from Eco living or Brindleton Bay. All these worlds are more interesting, more beautiful and offers more to do.

- I am not all that jazzed about playing kids younger that children. Toddlers are nice but I could just as well continue without them. I might love babies and milestones for them but I don't expect to do so. I am a homemaker in rl so I would rather send my sims to the jungle, fight the Mother or learn new potions. Setting up playdates is already my day-to-day-job. Don't get me wrong, I am happy about it in rl. This discussion is about what I want my pixel-people to do.

Pro:
    - I might be interested in the chemistry between sims but I know too little about how it affects the sims in order for that to be the only thing I buy and entire expansion for.

Also:
    I have pretty much all the packs so there is plenty of clothing and hairs to go around. A pack has to offer something that I really look forward to in order to make me go online and update all my mods.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    @SilentKitty based on your post, I'm not sure this pack is for you. (I love it-but I'm loving all the things that kind of leave you cold in the life stages).
  • Options
    @rebekah512

Thank you :) I sort of guessed that it was not a main pack for me.
  • Options
    Oh wow, it shows that I have been away for a while. Was reading up on the pack on the EA bug site and I had missed the rotational bug. That’s that then. Far to risky to add this to my game since I only play rotational.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-reset-for-uncontrolled-sim-who-is-visited/td-p/12613564/page/6