Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #169 - Winter Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    edited May 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #173 – Friends from College

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Old Salt House

NEW LOT LINK: Old Salt House Rebuild (https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EA445954F6E311ED83C52BBD43B3CD4E )

LOT COST: § 9,000

GALLERY COST: § 215,909

TOTAL COST: § 224,909

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/717827962318274560/old-salt-house-rebuild

ENTRY DETAILS:

Since this is a home shared by 3 young creative professionals, I thought that it would be fitting to build it as an industrial-style, converted factory for them to live it up in the city. Aside from the 3 en-suite bedrooms with the requested creative workspaces, there are also various common areas to hang out in like the open-plan living/dining space, the basement home theatre, the back porch and the rooftop garden area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/tatselk

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

26b1a87a11d9b3ec741baec3c8eb465665e89f95.jpg

ec8e4aece70044512004bae52c3efc1fb85fe20c.jpg
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    edited May 2023
    ROOM OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #173 – Friends from College

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

ROOM: Industrial Home Theatre (https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1F5C13A8F6E311ED80C02BBD43B3CD4E )

GALLERY COST: § 22,557

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselksism.tumblr.com/post/717826996327022592/industrial-home-theatre

ENTRY DETAILS: Built it in an industrial style to fit the vibes of 3 young creative professionals living it up in the city. The challenge was to build a home theatre for movie nights. But I added a bar and some pub game objects to make this room more versatile.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

18e21ab76159c86125e2b06de69b9bef39975074.jpg

e5fea8456b7a2d3454a0c12f638e262f3687efcc.jpg

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    CHALLENGE #173 -Friends from College
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Mossy Lane in Britechester
    NEW LOT LINK: Brownstone for Friends
    LOT COST: $1000.00
    GALLERY COST: $210,493.00
    TOTAL COST: $211,493.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS#173-Friends From College
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to make an updated brownstone styled home. Each individual has their own private floor for their personal space and it is decorated to suit their style preferences and needs. The main floor and basement, as well as the rooftop deck and back porch, are shared spaces for everyone to enjoy together. The home's shared spaces are decorated with greys, blues, and yellows to please each of the home's occupants, while still maintaining a more neutral pallet. The private space is more specifically decorated to the individual's personal style. There is very little outdoor space which is common for this style of home, although I did add some garden boxes for the roommates, if they choose to dabble in gardening.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    dCU2vQv.png
    NftF36K.png
  • manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 218 Member

FORUM ID: manicpot8to

ORIGIN ID: manicpot8to

LEVEL:

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek

NEW LOT LINK:

LOT COST: 6500

GALLERY COST:191,032

TOTAL COST: 197,532

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/n45JtUw

ENTRY DETAILS: This house is a vintage Victorian with some modern upgrades. 3 bedrooms with ensuite office/workspace. (easily converted to a 6 bedroom. Enjoy amenities such as a gym and a home theater. Lovely landscaped lawn and lots of porches to relax on.

Not able to attach pics Too New

Facebook: @manicpot8to @channaportland
    Twitter: @manicpot8to
    28dul88f8gdo.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #167 - Revival

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • manicpot8tomanicpot8to Posts: 218 Member
    > @manicpot8to said:
    > CHALLENGE #173 -Friends from College
    >
    > FORUM ID: manicpot8to
    >
    > ORIGIN ID: manicpot8to
    >
    > LEVEL:
    >
    > SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor, Pendula View, Willow Creek
    >
    > NEW LOT LINK:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E00E6E98F74B11ED8BC8390639DD8D35?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=manicpot8to&max=50&maxis=false
    >
    > LOT COST: 6500
    >
    > GALLERY COST:191,032
    >
    > TOTAL COST: 197,532
    >
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/n45JtUw
    >
    > ENTRY DETAILS: This house is a vintage Victorian with some modern upgrades. 3 bedrooms with ensuite office/workspace. (easily converted to a 6 bedroom. Enjoy amenities such as a gym and a home theater. Lovely landscaped lawn and lots of porches to relax on.
    >
    > Not able to attach pics Too New
    >
    > Facebook: @manicpot8to @channaportland
    > Twitter: @manicpot8to
    > Sorry had to reupload i forgot the lot link.
    28dul88f8gdo.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #171 - Four Square

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #172 - Spring Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2023
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention Expert Entrants for #171
    Four Square

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg

Ll71I0W.png

We would like to give a very big warm welcome to our new judge @pammiechick

wutJ7DZ.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,092 Member
    Congratulations on becoming a BnS judge @pammiechick B)<3!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations on becoming a BnS judge @pammiechick B)<3!!

Thank you! <3 Glad to be here helping out! :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    You're very welcome, @pammiechick :):)!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #172 - Spring Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 369 Member
    @pammiechick Congratz being chosen as a judge for BnS
    edited May 2023
    Ll71I0W.png

The Sims 4 Gallery will be down for maintenance on the 30th. If you can, get your lots and sims uploaded before 6am Pacific Time on the 30th. If not, you'll be allowed an extra day to get your entries in.

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @pammiechick Congratz being chosen as a judge for BnS

Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2023

CHALLENGE #173 – Friends From College 

FORUM ID: SheriGR

ORIGIN ID: SheriGR

LEVEL: Master

LOT: Creative Roomies
    LOT NAME: Built on: Sandy Run 40x20 lot (Newcrest)
    LOT COST:  $2,500

GALLERY COST: $221,838
    TOTAL COST: $224,338
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Of course!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    PICTURE CREDITS: @juwels64 @FruitLoops40 @AlJay (AlJay2000) @Babewire

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOWhttps://imgur.com/gallery/PyvWqyi
    Facebook: SheriGR1: https://www.facebook.com/SheriGR1
    Twitter: SheriGr: https://twitter.com/SheriGr

ENTRY DETAILS:
    I went with a more edgy/modern overall feel to the lot due to the age and 'artsy' personalities of the students/new creative career Sims. I then added personality, career, and color touches in each of their private areas in the home. I created my artist space themed toward a female, and I incorporated painting setups, yellows, and tons of artsy-fartsy details in her living area. For the writer I enjoyed creating a space that would inspire me if I was writing, I made it more gender-neutral, and I chose sea-blue tones and water features and touches in that space. For the designer I made a useable fashion photo studio that's fed into by its own staircase to run a fashion consulting and photography business out of.

I have to admit, I can really relate to these three Sim personality and career types... but mainly the artist and the designer. I personally do web design, digital graphic design (along with having an art background before digital was a thing), plus photography, as my current career. So... I really leaned into what a dream (yet humble enough) space would be within my home for these careers! That's part of what I love about building in Sims... you can really create the space you would LOVE to have!! ❤️
    qHomvpa.jpg
    Pq2bD8w.jpg
    2i1pIpe.jpg
    x5ieZG2.jpg
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member

FORUM ID: ForeverTuesday
    ORIGIN ID: Mikaela1237
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor (Willow Creek)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/492CD458FE4311ED81E97694DD6E3071
    LOT COST: 6,500
    GALLERY COST: 197,151
    TOTAL COST: 203,651
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/15QJaNT

ENTRY DETAILS: I grew up in a Victorian house, which is where I drew some of the inspiration for this build. The wide hallways, open staircase, porch swing, and attic laundry room were all features of my childhood home. There are a number of different shared spaces in this build so the friends can spend time together, work outside of their individual workrooms, and entertain guests.

Highlights: Starting in the living room, the feature fireplace was pulled from my unfinished BNS172 build (that house never came together, but I'm so glad I was able to salvage the fireplace), while the shelves beside it were created for this build. Next, my goal with the media room was to create a mini movie theater and I'm so pleased with how it came together. My favorite part of the whole build is the little stump garden, which was also the very last thing I built! I found the stump in debug pretty early on and I'm so happy with the use I found for it. I also like that the outdoor spaces on that side of the house (stump garden and porch swing) are both calmer spots that are intended more for alone time, whereas the rest of the outdoor space is aimed more at socialization. Decorating a whole porch and large yard for adults was a bit of a challenge for me, but I'm happy with the different spaces I created.

Bedrooms: I had a few goals when creating these bedrooms: I wanted each to have a distinct feel in addition to the color, each workspace to be unique, and some additional interests or hobbies to be present. The writer's blue bedroom was first. I knew where I wanted the bed and, after creating that and deciding to close it off, I kept the rest of the bedroom very simple. I gave the writer the bedroom with the tower because I thought it would make a cute little traditional office space. The fashion designer's grey bedroom was next. I went with a more cluttered bathroom and workroom, and then a very minimalist aesthetic for the bedroom because I wanted it to primarily be a space to unwind and relax.
    I dedicated so much of the workspace to photographing clothes because sharing pictures is how the designer is going promote their brand and build a following. The last bedroom I worked on was the artist's yellow bedroom. I knew I wanted this to colorful and busy, with a workspace inside the bedroom. I imagined that the artist, like me, holds on to everything, so I put in a ton of storage space. I'm so happy to have finally found a good use for the bed with artwork on it. The tree mural by the bed was inspired by a real tree mural than an artist friend of mine painted in her apartment. Since the space was so bright and stimulating, I made the artist's bathroom a much calmer space so that can be where they unwind.

Other build notes: I decided to add a guest room because that's nice to have in any house or apartment and, in a house for three young people, it would be especially useful if there was a place for their parents to sleep when visiting. The laundry room was originally planned for the second floor, but I ended up wanting a little more space for the grey bedroom, so I moved the laundry room to the attic so that it could be the size I wanted. Fun fact: my childhood home used to have laundry in the attic and we used to find bats up there!

Final notes: There's a bug in this build where sims can't enter (or exit) rooms on the long side of the second story hallway (even if the walls are removed). I think this is most likely caused by something related to the open staircase, but I have no idea how to fix it. Because this makes the house unsuited for playing in, I did not thoroughly playtest the build, nor did I fix every issue I found in my general playtesting. On a happier note, this is the first time I've ever had a challenge where I didn't struggle to stay within the budget. Usually I get towards the end of a build and have to replace some items with cheaper ones and use all debug items for my landscaping.

sFJuWqb.png
    qWsXt4N.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Base game paintings in build were taken from a gallery upload by CaitlinAnywn
    TWITTER TAG: @starlitreader
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited May 2023
    CHALLENGE #173 - Friends from College

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert? (It's been a hot minute since my last entry)
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Isle of Volpe Park in Henford-on-Bagley
    LOT: The Power of Three
    LOT COST: 5,750
    GALLERY COST: 219,250
    TOTAL COST: 225,000
    SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Power of Three is a residential build inspired by the work of Frank Sim Wright. Commissioned by a talented trio of artistically inclined, forever friends from college, it features three private suites, along with just as many inspiring workspaces. Tailored to the specific wants of a down-to-earth writer, an aquatic-loving artist, and a fashionista from another planet, you'll find that The Power not only meets their individual needs, but so much more!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

5BDWac4.png
    7qzjEdq.png

SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert
    HOUSEHOLD: The Pillars of Creation
    SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: These forever friends from college just made the brave choice to live out the rest of their creative lives together. Commissioning a home where each can explore their art, The Power of Three is what came to be!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please.

MFo5XUb.png
    VNtFy5R.png
    Post edited by Rostri-Jodu on
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Granada Place, 30x20 in Oasis Springs
    NEW LOT LINK: Desert Dream Home
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4843205CFE8211ED8CB17694DD6E3071?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 5500
    GALLERY COST: 207 955
    TOTAL COST: 213 455
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/HsWKDXU
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to do a modern style home, with desert theme, taking colors to the exterior from the surroundings in the neighborhood in Oasis Springs. The first floor has shared areas: there is open plan kitchen, dining and living areas. There is a half bath for guests, and I also decided to make an extra bathroom in downstairs, since there was "space in the budget", it's nice and convenient. Downstairs also features a common "walk in closet" for outerwear and shoes, a Laundry room, and of course: the Media Room for having those movie nights. Upstairs, there are two sides with own stairways and there are small lounge areas. Upstairs is the separate suites for each resident: they have their own bedroom, bathroom and workspace and they also have their own balconies. Fashion Designer has two entrances to her workspace - this is because the other doorway can be used by her customers (that she is styling); so she can separate her personal spaces from her office/Workspace. Outdoor areas features a cute front yard with flower arranging table and a stall for organizing yard sales. Backyard has a terrace with outdoor cooking and grilling area, a bar, seating area, and outdoor dining area/patio. There is also a pool and sun loungers for relaxing. The backyard also has plant pots for gardening.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    SWzdv1m.png
    t916WjJ.png
    The Night views:
    ByhoDuH.png
    fvPfv7V.png
    Facebook: -
    Twitter: -
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: Friends from College
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/fi-fi/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AD251087FE8411ED88E07694DD6E3071?category=households&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/gPQELOI
    ENTRY DETAILS: George Bennett is the Writer, Kelly Drew is the Fashion Designer and Andy Spears is the Artist. They all share one trait: Green friend, so they are not only united by their creativity but also for their love for nature. More details, descriptions and photos in the Slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    XmqvyiI.png
    B5sTkYS.png
    Facebook:-
    Twitter: -

"Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    edited June 2023
    @BuildnShare --- In lieu of the gallery link, I put my screenshot under gallery link showing the price and hashtag.

ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #BNS173 - Friends from College
    FORUM ID: coolsim9999999
    ORIGIN ID: coolsim9999999
    LEVEL: Established
    ROOM: Media for Movies
    Gallery Link:
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6EC78E95F83011ED884AE0DC0F7E8224?category=rooms&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=coolsim9999999&max=50&maxis=false
    RAVVIBq.jpg
    GALLERY COST: §24,996
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/xXchTwM
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Three friends from college have decided to buy their first house together now that they’re beginning their careers in art, writing and fashion design. They each have a favorite color: yellow, blue and gray. Because movie nights are their thing, this media room will be perfect for their new home!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NA
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Z8BIgdG.png
    showing most of the room
    JhXq8Sw.png
    bird's eye view of the room
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

• LehuaLehua Posts: 48 Member
    Ll71I0W.png

The Sims 4 Gallery will be down for maintenance on the 30th. If you can, get your lots and sims uploaded before 6am Pacific Time on the 30th. If not, you'll be allowed an extra day to get your entries in.

So since the gallery is still down are we allowed an extra day?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top