Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Congratulations on winning the established level for BnS 170 - Forbidden Love @pammiechick B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 171 - Four Square

@ForeverTuesday
    Go9JQTk.png
    I enjoyed your comments about the trial and error process you went through on this project, and very much appreciate what you said about how difficult it can sometimes be to recreate a real life lot/design aspect in the game, for a number of reasons. I liked your creative concept, plan, and ‘why I did this/that this particular way’ comments about the lot! Your plans and results aimed at the various needs, likes, and desired functionality matched to the families was nice. I particularly liked the design aspects of the varied sky lights (some being open), and placing them over the open stairway area would be a very nice rl dynamic aspect for adding an open and airy feel. The curtain divider in the blue bedroom was also clever & creative. I can appreciate what a huge project it is to create four different living spaces in one, and I think you rose nicely to the occasion on this one.

Suggestions: I know that this is not ‘policy’ for this challenge, so no points off for this one or anything, but I was so excited by the clever and creative design of the ‘L-shape desk’ created via tables/file cabinets/computers, I just had to test it in-game. Sadly, my Sims could not use the computers that were placed on the tables in this layout, so it would need to be adjusted. This said, even though no points off, I would recommend always playtesting your lots…. and the desk design was super-creative and real-life. I would also have preferred seeing the fencing/railing color by the stairs matching more closely to that of the stair railings.

Note: Even though you noted that the room submission you made is not judge-able due to being late, I did want to mention that it was my favorite kitchen/great room, and I would have loved to see it added to one of the 'apartments' in the challenge (unless it was and I'm not looking/comparing correctly). I thought it had an especially nice kitchen layout, design, and cabinet/countertop selection.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @ForeverTuesday
    s6M0U1F.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations on winning the starting out level for BnS 171 @ForeverTuesday B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 170 - Forbidden Love

@Felicia_Queens
    YNcX5cn.png
    You have designed a lovely home for Sandalio and Selene. The layout of the home is very nice, as well as functional, and the colors that you chose compliment the home nicely. I can tell you put a lot of thought into designing this home specifically for the couple. The den was especially nice; with the frog collection and caged space if it is ever needed. The exterior of the home looks great and the landscaping is well done. The trees and shrubs around the yard should give the couple the privacy that they require. It is a perfect home for a vampire and a werewolf.

Suggestions: The house seemed a little bit bare. Adding rugs, more artwork, or even upper cabinets in the kitchen may have added a little more interest to your home.

@az314
    mbIdXIe.png
    Aeternus Grove is a beautiful home for Sandalio and Selene! The exterior of the home looks wonderful. The fence, spandrels, and the landscaping add so much to the home as well as the windows that you have chosen for the “den”. The interior of the home is well done. The style that you have chosen to decorate with, suits the home well. You have added many nice little clutter items in each room, giving the home a nice lived in feel. My favorite was Selene’s private room, especially the secret entrance that you designed for it. Overall, it is a very lovely home.

Suggestions: I don’t really have many suggestions. One thing you could have done is have two spare rooms rather than three. This would have given you more space to add some toys for guests or perhaps a dresser.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @az314

kTOFs8F.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@az314
    0mKRqFM.jpg
    Selene Moon and Sandalio Villalobos are a beautiful couple. You have done an excellent job displaying their interests and wardrobe in your slideshow! I love the classic feminine look that you have given Selene as well as including her love for the color pink in her outfits. It is great that you have given Sandalio the outdoors trait. The couple will be sure to enjoy their nights together outdoors. Well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @az314

kTOFs8F.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations on winning the starting out level for your house and sims for BnS 170 @az314 B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 163 - Summer Designer Showdown

@KitelDesigns
    HNp35sC.png
    What a beautiful cottage you’ve created out of the unfinished shell you were given! I love all the nice landscaping and the wrap around porch in the back is very well done and pleasing to the eye. Good use of debug items for the landscaping to save on money, too. The spa looks nice under the tree and is inviting next to the pool. I found the colors on the exterior to be just right for the theme of the home. Loved the painting welcoming people to the home on the left. I love how small yet beautiful the dining area is. Nice focal point. The way you made the shower out of a sliding door looked great and so creative. Matches perfectly. The children’s bedrooms were cute and very age appropriate. And it will be fun for any sim to use the upstairs balcony. Overall, the home was nicely done! Great job!

Suggestions: Make sure you move the mailbox from the interior of the home. It was in the entryway. The interior walls were mostly bare on the first floor and sometimes might need a few more items on them for interest—think about what a family might need on them like a clock or a calendar. Also, you may want to fill in the bookcases with some objects like candles, books, or plants.

@Iampes23
    2OxfclW.jpg
    I love the brownstone look of the exterior! It reminds me of a Victorian but in a brick building way. The interior is a gorgeous Victorian theme throughout and is very breathtaking. And your use of golds with splashes of greens and reds is beautiful! I love the tapestry in the very fine dining room. When you go to the second floor, it is still very formal and beautiful. I especially love the green main bedroom. And your use of the wallpapers is elegant. The top floor is very cute for the kids. Love how you added a large bed under the bunk for more room. Such a great build!

Suggestions: For the exterior, I see you were sort of going for a brownstone—I felt the windows were too white against the brown brick. A tan might have been a better choice. Also, I liked the creativity of using the stone circle rug as stones, but if you use bb.showliveobjects cheat, you can find DEBUG flatstones (called Garden Path Stone) that will look much more natural. You can size them up or down to fit your needs. The top floor was a little different in style from the Victorian elegance of the other two stories and I would have liked to see it kept in the same period.

@zucchinionpizza
    6baNSdF.png
    The red façade on this home reminds me of a Greek sorority/fraternity house. Very traditional and nice. I really liked how you did the roofing on top—very interesting and creative! The pool in the backyard being like a Greek fountain was a really great idea and I liked how you had a way to descend stairs to the eating areas. Nice touch! The inside seemed modern and matched well. It looked like you used one of the paintings in the home for your color scheme which is a good idea. I liked the way you used the hallway upstairs as a common area for the family and the staircase was really nicely done and added to the features of the home.

Suggestions: I noticed the walls were fairly bare throughout the home. Maybe you spent all your money on the exterior? In order to save money, use bb.showliveeditobjects cheat to use many plants from there.

@coolsim9999999
    MSGUGmL.png
    I love the backwoods theme you used for this home. It’s very unexpected and unique! You really used all the color schemes well and I liked all the country yet primitive touches. The kitchen was my favorite with the wood stove and the copper piping. The primitive homey theme was well done throughout and made me smile. I loved your backstory for the home and it made sense with some of the modern elements mixed in with the old timey touches. The backyard had all the items you’d expect in the country and the tornado basement was brilliant. Awesome job on this!

Suggestions: When taking your pictures, have a sim enter the house then hit the tab button and press C to take photos. They will be in your screenshot folder in your Sims4 folder on your PC (if you use a PC). That way you can take good photos of the interior instead of trying to use the camera in build mode. In tab mode, press Q to move the camera up and E to move it down to adjust your angles. I would have liked to have seen a back porch to go along with the one in the front. I think your design would have benefitted from it. I could see a granny sim (back when this original home was built in the 1800’s) sitting on the back porch in her rocking chair. Also, use more greenery around the bunnies, trees, and water well. It’d be nice to see a bunny peeking out of a shrub. A rotting, old tree might have given a little more interest, too.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Iampes23
    TyqJrd1.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 164 - The Hawthorne Project XV

@Iampes23
    CZVn3ld.png
    I really like the curb appeal of the home with all the flowers, fountain and clay pots. The little tree shrub was a nice touch, too. I found many different elements to like here: the formal living area would be a great space for the parents to get away and read a book in a quiet place. The kitchen was my favorite space in the build—it has a homey, country vibe and the colors were well done! The kids rooms were perfectly made for them and the parents’ room looks lived in and well thought out. The backyard is a great place to entertain all the children. I liked the idea of the toys on a sandbox where they can create sandcastles, too. This is a wonderful home the Daniels family would enjoy! Well done!

Suggestions: Flat walls can make a house look boxy and plain in the architecture. Try to play with different levels by using house plans online or study more intricate sim builder designs for inspiration so you can rise to the next level in building. You have the talent! Create more interest in the dull places like the upstairs hallway by placing a painting or side table with a lamp and greenery or a candle and books. There also should have been a place for the family to eat outside. One less planting patch would have freed up an area for a table.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Iampes23
    TyqJrd1.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    WbaTz6s.png
    This is a wonderful space for Rockey to rock out in and workout, using his traits well. The best was the surprise InstaLarge drink on his dresser. He wants to grow in muscles! I liked the wall mural that popped against the black background and added interest. The gaming chair looks great and matches well. I liked the moon mirror which matched his personality, too! Well done!

Suggestions: I thought this was really a perfect room for Rockey. The only other thing I may have added was more posters on the bare wall that might have been in black and white or maybe a neon light and a bookcase or stacks for his collectibles. A tv and small couch might have fit as well.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @coolsim9999999
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 166 - Fall Designer Showdown

@icanhassims
    uM7gAPO.png
    The front of the home has a spooky feel, just right for the challenge. I like the interesting way you used the rectangle tower and it gives it a wonky type of aesthetic. The unkempt surroundings helps with the tone. The backyard has a graveyard and a small pond which is very dark. There is a smattering of red flowers peeking out of dark dead bushes which adds to the haunting beauty and a hint at blood. Love your choice of gloomy stone for the exterior. The greenish tint to the windows makes it very creepy. The entryway is a blood red color which gives shivers and sets a good tone for a vampire’s house. Each room is very dim and the colors are perfectly matched although different. I liked how you used red, green, purple and gray for different rooms but it all went well together. And the kitchen! Oh my! It’s a vampire pantry! Lol! Very creative! The upstairs bedrooms go together in a perfectly creepy Victorian way. You kept the theme of using different colors that really go well in a cohesive group. Very well done!

Suggestions: Along the tombstones, you could have used terrain paint or dead shrubs and weeds to overgrow the spot. It looks too clean. Also, instead of swans in the pond, having a hand or a skeleton rising up from the depths would have given off a more spooky tone.

@MaryKup
    53BzmbD.png
    This Victorian beauty has a quaint, witchy feel. The pumpkins and cute ghosts greet visitors as they approach the house. I like how the orange of the pumpkins pop off the gray exterior paint. The windows show a more spooky feel than what the ghosts let on. You used the cylinder of the challenge objects in a pleasing way! Love the wrap-around porch with many places for a spellcaster to sit and chat or study spells or garden. The paintings on the wall in the living area give this a haunting feel but also the whole decor shows we have a good spellcaster living here. Really appreciate the gray backdrop to the pop of orange and purple colors throughout and all of the space fits together nicely. The upstairs houses some cute rooms–my favorite is the teen room with the cute ghostie wallpaper, leopard print bed and fun pictures. All color coordinate fabulously. And then the spellcaster has their potion room, too, which is nice. Well done in every category. A spellcaster would be proud to live here.

Suggestions: I felt there were too many bare spots between things to do in the yard. You could use terrain paint to make a pathway about the yard and flowers to line them or rocks. A pond would have covered some of the area and you could put a lot of greenery around it. The bbq was by itself along the fence next to the patio chairs–a way to set this off would have been nice–either by using the patio tool or just using terrain paint and plants. Maybe an impish gnome or two could be peeking out of greenery around the garden?

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @icanhassims

mq1Rn5d.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    edited May 2023
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house for BnS 163 and also for BnS 164 @iampes23 B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the established level for your house for BnS 166 @icanhassims B)<3

Thank you very much for your awesome reviews of and suggestions for my house and my room @BuildnShare! B)B)
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 169 - Winter Designer Showdown

@iampes23
    azZ338L.png
    What a large, tudor family home you’ve created. I like the contrast of the black and white. Then you brought it through the living spaces where it really made a grand entrance with the columns inside. I love the black and while with accents of red through the home. You had a nice plan of space within the boxy shape you were given with good sized bedrooms. My favorite was all the wallpaper in the bedrooms. The grays really had a soothing effect in contrast to the walls of the living space. Really liked the outdoor pool area and place for a car with some flowers dotting the surroundings. Nicely done!

Suggestions: I think the black and white tudor wallcoverings on the inside made the look of that room a little busy. Maybe breaking it up a bit would have been nice–or maybe just having it on one focal wall would have been enough.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @iampes23

TyqJrd1.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house for BnS 169 @iampes23 B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 167 - Revival

@icanhassims
    n6yYW1k.jpg
    Wow. The gardens in the front just explode with color! The house is small and quaint–a nice cottage. The entryway gives off a homey vibe right away and you can tell Millie loves dogs as she has a stack of treats right there and a leash. The warm tones are very soothing and the living area goes right to the kitchen in a seamless way. Love the addition of the pantry in the country kitchen! I appreciate how you outlined all the heirlooms and I felt they fit the home perfectly. The little girl’s room looks like a dollhouse–so sweet! And she has her own vanity area in the closet. Nicely creative! The laundry area was especially realistic and had so much work space, too. The back patio is next level! Love all the flowers, statues, swans! What a nice place to hang out and play chess in! And Millie will love to do all the gardening there. All the trees and the fence with the rocks really outline the space quite effectively. Wonderful job!

Suggestions: You always use different colors so well that make them cohesive. This time with the gray kitchen and the yellow dining and living area, it seemed a bit out of place. Since it’s an open floor plan, they need to match a bit better.

@AlphaFFrog
    6OQk2wL.jpg
    What a gorgeous country cottage you’ve built! It sits simply among the backdrop of the hills surrounding it. The light wood walls, pinks and blue hues match idyllically in the living area. Love all the quaint knick knacks scattered about and the kitchen matches well with the other rooms. The laundry area is quite cozy and I like all the dried flowers hanging around. The guest bathroom feels like you’re in a country inn with the lovely ivy and the soothing purple and pinks. I love the use of debug for the yarn skeins laying on the floor near the chair upstairs. And it’s a good use of space for the large hallway as well as putting a chess table there. All the bedrooms are just right for each person–Millie, teen girl, boy child. Love the use of the sky for the wallpaper and dark wood in the boy’s room. The way you put the shower together in the main bathroom with the ivy is very creative and beautiful. Millie’s workspace overlooks the gorgeous surroundings and I appreciate the three heirloom items–they go well in the house.The outside is so amazing with the barn workshop and pond and nice bridge crossing it all. I like how you put the swingset under a trellis. And you used the debug stones in a perfect way for a path throughout. The chicken coup matches so well with everything else. You won’t be losing any chickens! Overall, this was such a great build! Well done!

Suggestions: On your next entry, make sure to put the lot name that you built your house on. Each lot has a name EA gave it. It’s so we know where you built the house. Also, take more pictures so we can see everything. I had to piece together that the workshop was the barn in the first set of images.

@JojoMOMSTER
    R7T0QLR.png
    Wow! I adore the stone pathway going around the home. It’s so well done, it looks realistic! The landscaping is beautiful and neat with loads of flowers dotting the area. The trellis on the side of the front wall looks really nice as well! I’m a bit surprised by the contemporary feel of the decorations since this is a cottage but it works as it’s the same throughout. The old timey fireplace matches well with the contemporary furniture in the living area. I love all the spaces just for Millie–her studio, craft room, and main bedroom–all different but tells a story about her. I love how the color palette matches the greenery in the hallway. Outside is so nicely landscaped and the porch with the veranda is lovely. I really like all the boxed flowers–perfect garden from the grandmother. The hexagon shaped areas enhance the look and interest. Then we get to the basement for the retro feel. What a fun place to entertain! The lounge really has a great 70’s vibe. It honestly looks like a real basement. Lots of wonderful elements. And it was great to see the home you based this on. Liked the story behind your heirlooms, too. Fun entry!

Suggestions: Just a few spots under the trees and under Patchy need a bit of terrain paint. You did it well around the home under the flowers. Watch your color choices in the dining room–the wall art seemed too loud for the rather neutral palette you had in the rest of the wall art. A pop of color is good, but it just seemed too modern for the space.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlphaFFrog

qm2avKA.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Sim Challenge

@icanhassims
    WSWddYK.jpg
    Millie and Missy are so cute together! I liked how the home showed that there was a beloved dog living there. And Millie’s upscale personality shines through her clothing! My favorite picture was the adoring look on Millie’s face when she was with Missy on the couch. Adorable!

@JojoMOMSTER
    mdyQ7M5.png
    Millie has SUCH a big personality! She’s very diverse and loves all kinds of different things which was very apparent in her home. She seems like someone who could get along with anyone. I really loved how you pulled her outfits together with the things she liked to do in the pictures. Well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER

TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@icanhassims
    vaB9EES.jpg
    Millie’s tastes shine through in this living room. Her love of dogs, the outdoors, and the finer things like the beautiful pictures, the refined placement of the furniture and the beautiful fireplace. She also brings the outside in with some greenery, too. A lovely place to spend time in.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @icanhassims

mq1Rn5d.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house for BnS 167 @AlphaFFrog B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the established level for your Sims for BnS 167 @JojoMOMSTER B)<3!

Congratulations on winning the established level for your room for BnS 167 @icanhassims B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 171 - Four Square

@zucchinionpizza
    j9r3uwF.png
    I love the different facade’s you had on each unit! They look wonderful like they came right out of an older part of a city. And each has their own color scheme to keep them separate. I really like the landscaping and the fairy sculpture for the black unit. I like how the kitchen is on a platform from the dining area. Love how you separate the child’s bed from the other bed with a staircase in the third floor bedrooms. Your strength is architecture! Nice study area on this floor, too, in each unit. The colors all coordinate well in every unit according to their primary colors. I like how the third floor opens to the downstairs floor in the living area. The back patios were really well done with each having something different–gardening, a pool, a quaint bbq area with loads of flowers and another bbq patio area with some garden pots. Nice job!

Suggestions: I didn’t see an area for a car which was specified in the brief. I would have liked to have seen a bit more artwork throughout all the units. Mostly they had just wallpaper and some lighting to fill in spots. We need more interesting items on the walls to break it up a bit. Also, the first floor of every until had almost the exact same decor (except for the vampire unit.). It would have been interesting to see different people’s styles in every unit.

☆ @ SerraNolwen ☆
    0k62FtG.jpg
    Beautiful facade of each unit–in a modern aesthetic that’s nice to look at and different for each unit which makes it interesting. Love how you included actual garages for most units and at least a parking space for one. All units color coordinate well. I love the different personalities you put into each unit–especially the teen room with all the trash and books lying around. Love that mural on the wall, too! My favorite unit was the end unit with the rose coloring. Beautifully done with the furniture. I also liked the orange decor in the third unit as well. And there was a science sim with lots of science things in the blue decorated unit. Very interesting! The backyards were adequately finished with something to do in each one–kiddie pool, gardening, bar area, and picnic area. Great job!

Suggestions: Needs to be more decorations–on the walls, maybe some plants or visually interesting things throughout. I saw one unit had some curtains but it would have been nice to see more curtains unless the unit was ultra modern which I didn’t see in the decor. Centerpieces for the tables would have been nice, too. I felt the two bedrooms could have been split into three. One of the rooms in every unit just felt too large and you had trouble filling the space.

@JojoMOMSTER
    dUr2OTu.jpg
    I love how picture perfect these units look. Like hey! There’s nothing STRANGE about these places! (Right in the middle of Strangerville ;) ). Each is decorated differently for the people’s personalities–especially love the cactus decorated one! And you’ve given a place for everyone’s cars to park. Like how there’s tumbleweeds and cactus growing in between the units as well. Wow. Love all your decorations! You’ve matched the pictures of the iconic muscle cars from Strangerville pack beautifully–the kitchen is spectacular! So cute how they have the baby’s toys everywhere. Love the next unit how they seem normal BUT they have literal skeletons in their closet! And all the Strangerville paraphernalia everywhere. Great job! The main bedroom is beautiful! My favorite is the third unit where the aliens live. It’s perfectly odd in a great way and there’s no doubt who they are with the fun things all around. I especially love the flying saucer lamp in the kitchen and the experiments in the office. Wonderful job!

Suggestions: I thought this was great–the only thing I would suggest is a bit more interesting things in the backyard of the aliens (but maybe they are trying to hide their identity?)

@Kiteldesigns
    vLwbDg0.png
    Love the facade and the different modern take. I love how you used curved landscaping tools for the plantars. Nice use of the garden stone debug item! I like how the garages look so real. The kitchens in each unit are very well done. Love those islands! Love the interesting use of colors in each unit–the black with the blues pop, the raspberry with the greens is soothing. Each unit had their own unique personality–one had kids, one loved nature, one liked moons and dark aesthetics, and the last one liked reds and modern items. I loved all the rooms that had teens because you could see their personalities. My favorite parts were the backyards. All different in their own ways and very interesting. I really liked the one with the gazebo in the back. You had lots of different decor elements in each one and it was really well done.

Suggestions: Since this was a late entry, maybe you didn’t have time to put any comments in your pictures. That’s helpful for judging for next time.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @JojoMOMSTER

TxNOV0G.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    T7CPdI7.jpg
    This was an interesting build. It was like a whole unit in one living space. You can see the people like fishing as there’s fish all over the walls. They also like primary colors and angles. There’s enough space for them to live here for sure. Anyone might like to just live in this triangular space.

3gHHX7s.png
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@coolsim9999999
    L0w2GeX.jpg
    You’ve created such a cool, interesting family! I liked how all their outfits matched each other in that they were some form of red, white and blue. Which also matched their living space. Each has a fun personality. I liked how the dad looked like a rocker and the son looked a bit geeky. The mom was so pretty and I liked the blue hair of the daughter. I liked how the mom looked like the responsible member with her glasses and nice clothing. Great job!

3gHHX7s.png
    KMpYnuR.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you for all the thoughtful feedback @BuildnShare
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 172 - Spring Designer Showdown

@madi_ruby
    You have designed a wonderful home for Skylar and Naomi. The landscaping is well done. You have done an excellent job with all the detail in the flowerbeds. The different rooflines on the exterior of the home are a nice feature to the home as well as the curved deck to the front entry. The interior of the home has a nice design and you have really done a good job of making this home feel comfortable and lived in, which is very nice for a family home. It is nice that you even added the DIY shelf with the family’s painted eggs. The nursery is especially lovely and I like the creativity of the towel rack in the bathroom. It is a beautiful home!

Suggestions: This looks great! One thing I would suggest is to place the windows in the kitchen and main bedroom in the center of the exterior wall. It just looks more pleasing to the eye.

@Pepper61
    uYHDWYc.png
    The home you have made for Sally and Owen is beautiful! The pastel flowers in the flowerbeds fit with the brief perfectly, and the different colors and textures of the exterior of the home suit the house well. The interior of the home is well done. The rooms are decorated nicely with plenty of artwork on the walls and little clutter items added throughout the home. You have used the color green well in your decorating style, and your placement of furniture works very well in each room. Great job!

Suggestions: Adding a tree, or something to give the front yard that little bit extra would have been nice. Also, make sure to add overhead views of your home as well as a few more pictures of all the rooms in your slideshow so the judges can get a good idea of the layout.

@kloving1970
    lSszlVt.png
    What a cozy looking home! The exterior shouts spring to me. The colors and textures of the siding work very well together. The landscaping looks great with all the flowers and the cute white fence as well as the swing in the backyard. I love that you even added a garden shed and filled an old tub with flowers. The interior of the home has a great layout and flows well. The colors and wall paper that you chose to decorate with look great in the home. All the little clutter items that you have added, as well as the cracks in the walls, really make this home come to life. Well done!

Suggestions: Just be careful when placing your furniture. I noticed a few items were cutting into the curtains.

@seaben
    IxN2KOY.png
    The farmhouse you have designed is lovely! The exterior siding choice is perfect for this style of house and the casual landscaping suits the home nicely as well. Creating a house that is an older home in the midst of being slowly renovated is a great idea and you have achieved this look nicely. The eclectic look of the furniture is a nice touch and I love the creativity of your closet/wardrobe design as well as the cabinet around the toilet in the bathroom. The nursery is cute and the bright colors will be perfect for a child. It is a beautiful home!

Suggestions: The living room looks a little bit awkward. Maybe changing the placement of the stairs and shrinking the hallway would have helped with this. Also adding patio blocks or stone terrain paint under the outdoor table would have looked nice as well.

@az314
    G5SMq6q.png
    You have designed a nice little house for the Spring Designer Showdown. The front of the home looks very nice with the deck and the wood pillars. Having a side grilling deck is a great feature to this home as well. The landscaping is simple but pretty and the siding looks very nice with the shakes near the peaks of the home. The interior of your home looks great. You have done a good job of incorporating the red throughout the home. The nursery is especially lovely, with the watermelon rug and the tree decorations on the walls. Very nice!

Suggestions: In your entry you didn’t specify if you would like suggestions; so I will just say that when creating your slideshow make sure to add overhead views of your home as well as a few more pictures of all the rooms so the judges can get a good idea of the layout.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @kloving1970
    2nd Place goes to .... @madi_ruby

CZaE7y9.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners! Everyone did a great job.
    image.png
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    @BuildnShare Thank you for the feedback, I totally forgot about the car part..
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 171 - Four Square

@Pinkusfamily
    FnGW1L2.jpg
    Fantastic work with Vacuous Green Townhouses! You have picked the perfect location for these, it’s as if they belong and they’ve always been there. Really like how you’ve brought suburbia to life with the colourful facades making each one unique. The driveways give them their own identity and it’s great they have their own back yards. The communal pool and childrens play area is a wonderful idea for the neighbours to get together and socialise. Beautiful interior design and layout of the four homes with all rooms easily accessible. You’ve given each one a character of their own with your choice of style and colour. What really impressed me about these houses were the curtain designs, very creative and they all look superb. I also liked the backdrop design of the third house bar, very cool area.

Suggestions: I felt the back yards were lacking a little in colour. Perhaps a few plants and pots might have brightened the areas up. Also when taking your pics for the slideshow make sure your mouse isn’t pointing on anything then the object won’t be highlighted with a light line around it.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Pinkusfamily

Td7Tvzj.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2023
    Congratulations on winning the established level for your house for BnS 171 - Four Square @JojoMOMSTER B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

edited May 2023
    Thank you very much for your awesome reviews of my room and my Sims for BnS 171 - Four Square @BuildnShare! B)B)
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png

edited May 2023
    Congratulations on winning the expert level for your house for BnS 171 - Four Square @Pinkusfamily B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @BuildnShare You make a fair point about the pictures and including the original plot. Lesson learned. Thank you so much for the feedback and lovely attention to detail :)
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 172 - Spring Designer Showdown

@Kiteldesigns
    daLSoiU.png
    What a pretty family home. Love your use of gables to line the roof and set off the front and back porch. Love the welcoming entryway and the dark wood colors offset the soft neutrals of the decor. The window sitting area is fabulous with the pillows. And there’s a cozy area for the family pet. Love the butler’s pantry and all the details in the architecture. You’re really coming along in technique. Your decor is getting better as well. Love all the pictures on the wall and you’ve placed plants in the right spots. Great use of clutter in the laundry area. Love how you used different colors based on the artwork! Upstairs is fabulous with so much personality you’ve infused in each room! Love how you include real closets that sims can use and ones where they can try on clothing. Love all the built-ins–especially the work desk in the child’s room. You’ve done a great job integrating the egg items where it all makes sense. The backyard looks so nice and welcoming. A great place to entertain. Well done!

Suggestions: Your build was marked as cc probably because you downloaded some artwork that makes it marked that way. If you can’t see your build in the gallery, this is why. Just click on the cc box in the gallery in game to find it. If you don’t want it marked then find the offending picture and remove it. ;) I felt the home overwhelmed the lot–should have a bit of space on the property on the sides and have a little bit of a front yard. Still would like a few more touches in the kitchen areas and maybe some clutter in the butler’s pantry like plates, wine bottles, books or candles.

@Beckablitz
    LlTVcbx.png
    Wow! The landscaping here is so wonderful! Really eye-catching! And I adore what you did with the paint for the mailbox! I like the interesting roofline, giving it a retro-modern look. The styling is just right. And you used one of the big wall lights as the address marker. Creative! I love the retro decor. I feel like I’m time traveling into the 70’s here. Great use of the egg items where you were inspired for the throwback feel of your great aunt’s home. Loads of wonderful elements! I especially loved the art project in the living area and the story to go along with it. Definitely looks like a great aunt’s home and 1950’s style architecture. Love the sideyard and the things to do along with all the flowers and greenery. Well done!

Suggestions: I would have liked to see you push yourself more in the architecture. You could have had a sunken living room which was very in style back then. There could have been a nice patio area as well.

@zucchinionpizza
    vCfh1Uu.png
    What a nice curb appeal you have! Love the curved areas where you have lots of flowers and plants. The architecture is very well done in an old Victorian style. This goes along with some of the easter egg items you were given and was a great inspiration. Like how you curved this around the old well and fountain. Very nice! Really love how the side patio branches out into the yard and it's seamless from the front. The yard is a wonderful place to entertain! Love the trellis outside along with the flower arranging area. This is a lovely home with a vintage feel. The wallpapers exuded a dark vibe which completed the look with the furniture. I like how you used the hallway for the computer area upstairs. Nice use of the easter egg bed and side table and how it went well with the decor. Nice job!

Suggestions: The nursery was a bit too small. I felt like you could have shortened the children’s room a bit to make more space in there. I couldn’t see much of the decorations in that room and that could have been a fun area to do more decorating in.

@SerraNolwen
    0k62FtG.jpg
    I found the architecture and exterior color choices to be very whimsical. I like the way you named the house which was a nod to the watermelon rug you were given in the easter egg. Very creative! Loved all the green and red furnishings and the vintage feel! Great nook for the piano and I liked how you had a storage closet with some random items that homes might store. Nice game room/sitting area! The nursery was a well done room with loads of space. Loved the vintage red and black bathroom as well! The old looking basement with many outdated items but fun things to do was a great idea. Outside is a wonderful patio for entertainment which looked great with the exterior. Great garden items and area for a toddler, too. Well done!

Suggestions: When showing your overhead shots, press G to turn off the grid lines so it’s easier for the judges to see. I noticed most of the furnishings had a vintage feel but that clashed with the modern kitchen. You stated this was a makeover, but usually those go along with the furniture itself, too. Maybe use cottage or farmhouse kitchen counters and with the modern counter you were given, it could have gone in a basement bathroom.

@coolsim9999999
    caExik6.png
    What a unique home! It looks like some bees would love to live here in this hive! ;) But it’s Flower Bunny who lives here so that makes sense. ;) You took on quite a challenge using curved walls because most things won’t snap onto it like the counters in the kitchen. The bunny has very eclectic tastes which you showed well. But it looks like a very fun place to live in! I liked seeing the bunny take care of her infant and everything matched really well. The outside looked just as fun as the inside with a toddler pool and playground along with bbq area and outside tables plus a fun slip n slide! My favorite room is the entertainment area. Love how the polka dot rug pops off the black flooring. Nice job!

Suggestions: The lights on the outside were placed a bit wonky. I don’t think you needed that many. Maybe use some terrain paint to show a little trail for the bunny to walk along outside from place to place.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Beckablitz
    Second place goes to .... @Kiteldesigns
    GD7FH4A.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top