Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Life by You vs. Sims 5 (Rene)? Rod Humble and Paradox's Life Simulation Game

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited May 2023
    Cinebar wrote: »
    confuse here how is this related to the sims5 project rene???

It's a comparison thread. However, Unfortunately, EA isn't releasing much information about Project Rene. It's been months since we saw anything about Rene, and it was only building features and or furniture resizing etc. Rod Humble is releasing information about LBY almost daily and answering questions almost daily. I wish EA would be just as involved in letting their potential consumers know something as often.

I would love to read or see something about Project Rene and its progression but Maxis just won't let any info out like that whereas LBY and Paralives are updating us all the time.

As another has posted earlier, silence promotes distrust, and suspicion goes with it. Can't help but wonder what is being hidden. Is progress so slow that Paralives is speedy by comparison? Are there major problems gumming the works? Issues we can't even imagine? TS4 is nearly double the usual game age, so TS5 should have started development several years ago but the impression one gets from what little has been shared is that real work began relaltively recently, TS4 will be around for ages more, and 5 is a long way distant. Something very odd and unsettling about this. Little wonder Paralives and LBY are attracting such interest.

Oh, I definitely believe work on Renee started only recently. With talks early on about how "TS5 won't be made if TS4 fails", and how only recently developers were moved away from TS4, I would say they started preproduction maybe just a few years ago

Normally, preproduction on the sequel begins during the current game's release from what I've gathered online, which is why TS2 and 3 came 4-5 years after their predecessors
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    I personally think the sims 5 started a couple years ago.I remember Grant moved to another project.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    I'd suggest that Covid may have had a part in prolonging TS4's lifespan. I know a company like EA can afford to get their employees set up to work from home, but maybe they were not willing to pay all that. TS4 is easier to work on, so they pumped out kits and packs for it instead.

Games probably have different stages of development, starting where the concept is being formed, and leading to drawing the concept art and all that stuff before computers get involved, so who knows when they started. I'm just glad things are finally moving along with us getting another option. As I said in other posts, I never did buy Ts4 until it became free to play. TS3 is still fun for me, but it takes nearly 30 minutes to just load a save game. I'm really hoping LBY runs a bit more smoothly, and that they are better at fixing whatever glitches come up.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Life By You looks too realism. 😴
    I’ll stick with my Sims 4.😛😉
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited May 2023
    Interesting that 3/3 of Rene, LBY, and PL are going for a pattern customization/color wheel approach to Build Mode.

A strong condemnation of Sims 4's Build Mode customization in favor of Sims 3's.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    @simgirl1010 I don't have twitter. Would you mind asking on twitter or whatever if they plan on having auto roofing? My roofs are pretty bad without it. :#
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited May 2023
    Deleted. Wrong thread. @Horrorgirl6 could you delete your comment also. It's posted in the Paralives thread. Thanks.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    One thing the Sims has going for them is the Sims, they have charm, quirks and some form of unique personality. I haven't seen the characters from Life By You in action and interaction to be able to form an opinion about them. The Sims 4 has a drawback in at it's VERY sandboxy amd that it avoids most sorts of drama
    Peral wrote: »
    One thing the Sims has going for them is the Sims, they have charm, quirks and some form of unique personality. I haven't seen the characters from Life By You in action and interaction to be able to form an opinion about them. The Sims 4 has a drawback in at it's VERY sandboxy amd that it avoids most sorts of drama

I agree that Sims 4 is TOO sandboxy. It's sandboxy to a fault. I've heard Sims 4 being referred to as a "movie-making tool" rather than a game. It's spot-on.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sims 4 is sandboxy where it's bad to be to the point every character has to be micromanaged to do anything but talk or take care of basic needs. Sadly it's not a sandbox where one would hope like world creation/editing and build/cas customization.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 59 Member
    Interesting that 3/3 of Rene, LBY, and PL are going for a pattern customization/color wheel approach to Build Mode.

A strong condemnation of Sims 4's Build Mode customization in favor of Sims 3's.

Good! It's probably been said umpteen times, but Sims 4 has regressed in too many ways over previous titles and it absolutely did not have to be that way.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is sandboxy where it's bad to be to the point every character has to be micromanaged to do anything but talk or take care of basic needs. Sadly it's not a sandbox where one would hope like world creation/editing and build/cas customization.

Yes, exactly.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2023

I agree with that for the option mentioned are part of a sandbox and since Sims 4 does not really have them, I do not look at Sim 4 as a full-fledged sandbox. It is very limited in what it offers me and I will try any simulation that has those tools.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2023
    I don't know if you all have seen this video but I'm just now getting around to watching it. How to Manage Households in LBY. I'm so excited to see these features. So innovative and simple and easy peasy to switch characters in this game from one household to the other etc. And or to add a character and or to save your own you created at any stage in their life to be added later or somewhere else etc. That's a very good feature.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QS7PuhpCgU
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    Yes! Really awesome feature! I also love how you can get easily get rid of any annoying agents. B)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I'm interested in both but a little worried about the video requirements for LBY. Mine is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX970 Which I believe is listed as the minimum. No worries with my PC which is a fairly new build but I couldn't afford to upgrade my video card which works awesome with all my other games especially the Sims. (So at the time saw no reason to change it out)
    And now that Im not working anymore I doubt an upgrade for that will be a long time if ever coming. Especially at what the costs have shot up to. :o
    I guess I will have to wait and see what others say once LBY is in early release and being played. With all my time on my hands though it would have been nice to try it out in early release as well.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • RockingBox158RockingBox158 Posts: 9 New Member
    Is there going to be any new info on Rene anytime soon?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Probably not for a while or the next behind the sims video .Renee is in more of an earlier process that life by you .I don't even think they created the sims .

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Life by You is giving me all the store display items I wanted in Sims 4 that I could not get in an expansion all about retail in its base game. :*

Can't wait to see their clothing stores seeing how good the gym equipment selection is and grocery store object selection is. I swear what's next a bar with a pool table Sims 4 could never.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Life by You is giving me all the store display items I wanted in Sims 4 that I could not get in an expansion all about retail in its base game. :*

Can't wait to see their clothing stores seeing how good the gym equipment selection is and grocery store object selection is. I swear what's next a bar with a pool table Sims 4 could never.

Well I'm hoping Sims 5 will. 🎱 🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top