Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @GraceyManor I see. Thanks for the link. :)
    I feel a song coming on reading "moons of Jupiter" there...excuse me while I fetch it. :lol: You know me. ;) #musicaltourettes Yay for switching to Steam girl! :star:

@MMX
    Even with a maxed out Handiness skill, Nicky is simply no match for the busted stereo and was given an unorthodox Cyndi Lauper makeover instead.
    ^Ha ha! :joy:

@MamaSimTee
    emorrill I'll look through the few I may have and see what I can do. ;-)
    <3 👍🏻

@Turjan Thanks for the birthday wish. :blush: (Guess I should say Happy Belated Birthday 🎉 to you as well. ;) ) Work is nice, I have kind and sweet coworkers. :) Yep, I'm still showcasing all the medieval cc awesomeness I found. :mrgreen:

@Brandontaylor It was fun reading about the Bunch's. :) I always give Judy a makeover. :lol: (Really I do for the whole family)
    Sometimes I wish I was more putting price tags up at work than mainly ringing out customers. :p Guess that's my inner introvert talking. :lol: There are days I just don't feel like interacting with anyone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Karritz
    It'll take a long time to load as internet speeds in Australia are woefully slow.
    ^I wonder if your internet speeds are as slow as the sattelite internet we have here (for now, until the better stuff comes in, which it can't come soon enough!) But still, it's terribly frustrating having slow internet! :confounded:

@ButterWafflesAR
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. It sucks that she had to spend her break being sick, but at least on the bright side, she was able let her body rest and heal without having to worry about falling behind a little or homework.
    ^That's totally what she said to me! :grin::lol:
    Your Monte Vista sim lady is pretty. :) I need to play in that world again. I loved it! <3
    Ethan looks like he's the only one freaking out, while his dad is like, "Nah, you're mom's got this. She'll be fine. Walk it off, honey."
    ^Ha ha! :joy:
    By the way, what does the AR stand for in your forum name? Arkansas? :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Stephanie became a writer; as she couldn't find a suitable job. She tried the fashion career, which was glitched.
    As well as architect career. XD

Screenshot-33.jpg
    Aww, what a great roommate! He cleaned up after her cat.

Screenshot-36.jpg
    Erwin and Stephanie are becoming quick friends already.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    Great updates everyone, I took a little break from playing s3,
    always needed now and then, will soon be back.

Happy simming all.
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    @emorrill Thanks!! I heavily based her on a sim I made months ago who I also had living in Monte Vista. I absolutely love that world. I just love how the sun leave this really warm color everywhere no matter the time of the day.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Sable is taking her Uni studying very seriously!
    nxvnh5fgd61z.jpg
    I love how at the coffeeshops, your sims can actually order! :blush:
    qr2l4j9vrnku.jpg
    Sable met this guy here, is name is Orlando I believe. I was going to have her ask him on a date, but unfortunately he has a girlfriend. :disappointed:
    ni3k2u59n3h1.jpg
    Somebody ordered pizza!
    vz4ghhkorzoo.jpg
    mxmgwxapr7a3.jpg
    Now I know why the maid never does his job... :unamused: He's always talking with Shannon!
    rnenleoxm9zk.jpg
    Everyone in the lecture is sleeping! :lol:
    mjcrbl3py5jp.jpg
    *teacher yells* "WAKE UP!" :lol:
    0npu64v60b36.jpg
    A rainbow! :smile:
    gporqqllj9mr.jpg
    8cqjsn0f92rk.jpg
    Yay! She passed her exam!
    zhcvvbksbwbs.jpg
    And Sable's University days came to an end...
    7dgsl61v8g0y.jpg

Happy Simming Everyone!

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @emorrill Thank you :smile: . Yes, we are just a week apart. Plus a few decades, of course :lol: .
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Hello all. The video finally went up and is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/zQW-OKrLaTs

In this episode there is plenty of things happening.

The video opens during the telling of a ghost story in the home of James and his family. Olivia is still with them but soon leaves for her home in Moonlight Falls. There is a party to send her off and most of the population of Mountain Lake showed up.

When Olivia arrives in Moonlight Falls she is in the Base Camp I built and placed in the world. The video does a quick look through this building. There are several other travellers staying there with Olivia.

After Olivia returns to her own home she settles back into the usual family mayhem. Their back yard is still crawling with townies at all times of the day and night, and an alien dropped in for a brief visit during the night.

There are two birthdays - Cindy's youngest twins, Donna and Debbie, become children. Donna is Cindy's heir. Generation 3 will begin after she finally ages up to Young Adult and gets married. Donna's birthday was uneventful. Debbie had an interesting event during her birthday celebrations. Hint: the name of the cake is The Birthday/Inferno cake. It shows both sides of its nature in this video.

One of the imaginary friend dolls became live and was transformed into a real sim. By the end of the video, the two little girls and the newly real imaginary friend are all children and begin work on their child skills.

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Turjan

Not sure I said Happy birthday to you, so hope you
    had a great one, happy belated one!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 Thank you :smile: . No worries, you didn't have a chance to say anything, as I only mentioned it in passing in one of my latest posts, and after the fact :wink: . And yes, I had a pleasant day :smile: .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I saw Rowan make this face when he was looking at the park fountain.
    IqDlg50.jpg
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Hello people, I didn't find much time to post or play so far this week because I was away on a work trip for most of this week where I used almost every mode of transportation possible except going by bus, car or bike... :P (Boat, local train, airplane, express train, subway, tram...)

@emorrill Thanks for letting me know you're enjoying my posts. ;)

@MamaSimTee Oh, thanks! I often think that my builds aren't necessarily all that special, but atleast the houses in the Sprottenham town where mostly meant to have a sort of "British brick house" inspired style. It's also a good while ago since I made those houses and have learnt a few more tricks of building since then.. Same goes with the prison, which is an even earlier, yet one of my more complex, builds. ;) The prison probably would have looked different and been easier to build if I had known about the "constrainfloorelevation" cheat when I built it...

@Turjan Thanks again. ;) Hmm.. "Did I get second thoughts about Gautes old friend?" Well, I.. I don't want sims relationships to fall apart, so I never liked him flirting with her in the first place, so it's not so much a second thought, but more of a .. If I do nothing to have him continue down that path (a.k.a ignore his wish to kiss her...) then, yeah.. I want them to remain friends, good friends, but not to be romantically involved. I suppose it could create an interesting story if he became romantically involved with his old childhood friend, but I don't want to see that...

On the other hand.. I want to see what the autonomy does, which is why they were allowed to flirt in the first place.. I didn't stop them from doing anything, but I didn't push to take it further either...

Town building was always fun, but that looks pretty dead now.. just as I thought I was starting to get the hang of it to make something slightly better than mediocre.. :P

@Brandontaylor Oh, well if Lily already had a longer life than originally supposed I guess it's not to bad. :P Thanks. ;)

Claires baby was called Olivia in my game, and it took a long time before I noticed she was even there, until I randomly saw this unknown toddler in the park one day.. which is probably why Olivia should technically have been older than she really is (perhaps atleast a young adult or maybe even an adult, though in my story she is still a teenager. I only sporadically had aging on in the early days.)

th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    Then I played, and this is what happened...

Chapter 21.4 – Sprottenham April 2023: Double birthday party.

A32z7K7.jpg

"The Frumpenheimer House" by night, peaceful and quiet on the outside...

9ii9Yi2.jpg

It's another month in the Jensen /Rasmussen household and the parents once more wake up in the middle of the night to the high pitched voice of one of their infants..

CND3aqz.jpg

Patrik seizes the moment to have a very early breakfast (or a late night meal depending on how you view it), leaving Solvej downstairs to take care of the babies.. Solvej is not very amused. ;)

anXWMes.jpg

They only a get a few short moments of sleep before it's up again to start the new day..

K5xjBkz.jpg

Having babies is a 24/7 job.. the always flirtatious Patrik still manages to keep a good mood between the parents, though..

ZFnGXgH.jpg

The twins birthday (Lillian and Silvia) falls on a saturday this year, so everyone will have the day off, except Solvej that doesn't have any fixed work hours. Solvej job is in the greenhouse, and the plants in there are in great need of some attention to pull weeds and harvest their growth...

n2OLAvB.jpg

It's a good thing then, that Solvej has such a green thumb. ;)

KKLYMi4.jpg

Now, Patrik likes green things too, however his kind is the one usually played sports on, as he decided to spend his time off watching the lates game of Simmerican foot-to-handball on tv. ;)

uryCYPp.jpg

Rune spent his morning sleeping in after staying up late over at Tatiana Marias house and didn't notice his father was up until after he finished his breakfast and cleaned up.. "Morning, dad.."

xxHmyHF.png

Solvej had delegated the task of inviting guests and fixing the cakes to the birthday party to Patrik. Since he kept evading caring for the twins, he had to do something.. Solvej wasn't any less tired than he was...

Self-imposed image limit reached, continues in spoiler. :P
    uX1x9WH.jpg

Guests begin arriving shortly after the invitation was sent out (as do the rain..), and the first guests to show up are Leo Xie-Luo and Elisa Meek. Most of the guests invited were kids that are friends of Rune. Leo is the oldest son of Jingguo and Dongmei and Elisa is an orphan living at the orphanage ran by the Westgård family (they have practically adopted these kids and made them their family).

yFoCku9.jpg

They're quickly followed by Karoline Gundersen and Samira Klinemann. Karoline is married to Kabelo Gundersen (birth name Kabelo Okalake, so he took her last name after marriage). They have one son together, Alexander Gundersen. Samira is the daughter of Chansa Klinemann (nee Beadoux) and Jørgen Klinemann.

5cp4NaK.jpg

Right behind them came Selma Vaddelmyr greeting Karoline with her best smile, but Karoline wasn't necessarily smiling in return..

gc3AOze.jpg

Someone else that wasn't smiling was Edny Sævik, the oldest child of the Sævik household. Her parents are Vetle Sævik and Oda Sævik, the latter unfortunately being in prison, so Edny sometimes has to take on the role of being the 'mother' of the household to help her father with caring for her two younger brothers....

tYFMmpG.jpg

Selmas daughter Jorunn was the next guest, greeting her mom as she arrived because it took a while for everyone to sort out who should enter first through the front door.. :P

lduLBUD.jpg

Leya was the second to last guest I caught arriving, not holding any grudges against Selma for what happened a couple of months ago. ;)

z6cromW.jpg

The last guest was Lars Erik Fikdsal, another kid that had recently been adopted by the Westgård family.

rdHyOEX.jpg

Tatiana Maria had somehow managed to sneak inside the house without anyone noticing. A future international super spy there, perhaps. :P

DtfmC3v.jpg

Solvej and Patriks living room is right up the stairs from the front door, but for some people its more natural to take the first door to the left and walk straight into their bedroom instead... It was quite crowded when Solvej went in there to pick up Lillian to celebrate her birthday.. Karoline had started an argument with Selma, and Leya was with Samiras father, Jørgen..

LVaS93O.jpg

"If Gaute can flirth with others, then so can I...."

dulsGG9.jpg

"...or maybe I shouldn't have done that. I better leave this party before somebody finds out..."

AeBC4CQ.jpg

Then the main event could begin, and Lillian was the first one to be celebrated. Though the guests didn't seem to care much. It was only her brother Rune and her father Patrik that actually cheered for her. Everyone else were more concerned with their own business.. but anyway, happy first birthday to you, Lillian. ;)

xuhBsBC.jpg

Welcome to toddlerhood. You'll probably get a little better dressed later. :P

j23y5v1.jpg

Then it's time for the second twin Silvia to have her celebration. Elisa and Samira had left in between here, and just like with Lillian it was only her father and her brother that actually cared enough to celebrate. I guess people on this day just wasn't in a mood for partying. :P

2CpbzBR.jpg

Happy birthday, young one. ;)

D4z8Nq1.jpg

Those red hair genes must be pretty strong, as all three kids that Solvej have given birth to have gotten the same hair colour.

bRZRs0W.jpg

----
    sbGTEOu.jpg

Yeah, people weren't to interested in partying at all, because by the time they sat down to eat the cakes even more people had left, and upstairs now it was really only Bodil that remained of all the guests...

ahvVdyX.jpg

The toddlers had located each their toy. Silvia with the doll house and Lillian with the peg toy box in the background.

q3aBAbP.jpg

Patrik didn't mind all the guests leaving so soon as he was still very tired, and so he suggested to Patrik (so that Bodil would hear it), that it was probably bedtime soon...

wGAzDxM.jpg

Oh, but the party had yet another guest, because I heard some laughter from outside.. I suspect that Gaute had spent most of his time there playing with the sprinklers in Solvejs greenhouse...

eqvXdqw.jpg

Gaute is very fond of children for a man that doesn't have the family oriented personality trait, as he rushes inside to cuddle with Lillian.

nBJmqQp.jpg

Solvej thinks it's bedtime and wants to put Silvia to bed, but Gaute was already there as well...

"Gaute.. please put down my child, so I can put her in her crib.. It's getting late and we all need our sleep..."

r4XKpJD.jpg

..but Gaute wasn't really listening, so Solvej had to pick up Lillian first.. :P

ltjSSQG.png

News ticker: Danica Tomren, "The girl from the Harbour Café", has now found a boyfriend in Lothar Marier, another one of the towns vehicle enthusiasts. He is the clever mechanic and engineer behind the local racers custom built cars. ;)

blxPMjk.jpg

Lothar Maier driving in a rusty old car that he sometimes drives in because it draws a lot less attention compared to his favorite ride...

etpQqkw.jpg

Back in Solvej and Patriks house it's bedtime for Lillian and Gaute and Bodil take the hint and head back home to their own house by Cliffon Park.

SAUqm7i.jpg

"Thanks for the invitation, we had fun."

The buffet table in the background was Patriks idea, however since both he and Solvej was pretty tired the entire time and all the guests left pretty quickly, there wasn't really an opportunity to make use of it.. so into the storage it goes, hopefully to be used some other time. ;)

Z9dkMO5.jpg

Bedtime for Silvia too.. nighty night, sweetheart. ;)

u2LfEGj.jpg

Finally then, the parents could make an attempt at getting some well deserved rest once more..

jfOQGjd.jpg

Rune didn't feel like going to bed just yet though, because, well.. there were monsters under the bed again...

tNVLuuQ.jpg

Pretending to be a king is much better... "I commandeth thee, monsters of the underworld.. yield! Yield and return to the dark depths from whence thou cameth!"

omI8viQ.jpg

The peace of the adults and toddlers bedroom didn't last very long, because Silvia needed to be fed..

eYjBQsz.jpg

Of course, that job was left to Solvej as all Patrik did was shout and curse and go back to sleep...

4rxnCij.jpg

Eat and be merry.. Silvias first meal all on her own. ;)

RAdKdVm.jpg

What comes in, has to come out.. with a smell that makes its way through every pore and is potentially lethal... :P

5BRyYTa.jpg

Downstairs Rune has successfully banished the monsters back to their lair so he can go to bed, and Solvej has put Silvia in her crib for the second time, and everyone can now finally asleep..

WEyiEFP.jpg

Well, everyone except one...

xNcKJYp.jpg

Good night. ;)
    th1das9.png
    edited April 2023
    Screenshot-48.jpg
    Stephanie was out for a jog when she spotted a 'For Rent' sign in front of a charming house. Curiosity piqued She takes a closer look. The house was just what she had been looking for - spacious, well-maintained and located in a peaceful neighborhood.

Screenshot-49.jpg
    Excited by the prospect of moving in, Stephanie quickly picked up her phone and dialed the number on the sign to schedule a viewing. Hunter, the landlord, picked up the phone and after a brief conversation, Hunter said he would come over right away to show her around.

Screenshot-50.jpg
    "Hello Stephanie,it's nice to meet you in person," Hunter said with a warm smile as he approached her. "Shall we get started with the tour?"
    "Absolutely." Stephanie said as she followed hunter into the house.

Screenshot-52.jpg
    "Great! Let's start with the living room. As you can see, it's fully furnished and gets plenty of natural light throughout the day," Hunter said as he led Stephanie into the living room. The room was quaint, painted with a clean white tone. And had plenty of space to maneuver.

Screenshot-53.jpg
    "And over here is the kitchen, which has been recently renovated with brand new appliances."
    ""This kitchen is beautiful!" Stephanie said, admiring the countertops.
    ""Thank you! We wanted to make sure our tenants have everything they need for a comfortable living experience," Hunter replied with a proud smile. "Now, let me show you the bedroom"

Screenshot-57.jpg
    After the tour, they stood on the back porch to go over lease information and such.
    "Its beautiful! I'm very interested in the home. What is the monthly rent on it?"
    "The monthly rent is $2,100, which includes water and trash, or for an extra 400, It would include the furnishings. We do require a security deposit of one month's rent upfront," Hunter explained.
    "That's very reasonable." Stephanie said. "And what is your pet policy. Would you allow a small cat?"

Screenshot-56.jpg
    "Yes, we do allow pets with a pet deposit and monthly fee. How about we sit down and go over the lease agreement so you can get all the details?" Hunter suggested. They went back inside and went over lease details. "I would like to fill out an application." Stwphanie smiled.
    "Great, I have an application ready for you right here," Hunter said as he handed her the paperwork. "Just fill it out and return it to me at your earliest convenience along with a copy of your ID and proof of income."
    I always make sure to thoroughly vet potential tenants to ensure that they will be responsible and respectful residents who will take good care of my property.
    "Once I receive all the necessary information, we can proceed with finalizing the lease agreement so you can start enjoying your new home as soon as possible," Hunter added cheerfully.
    As a landlord, there's nothing more rewarding than seeing my tenants happy and comfortable in their living space.

Screenshot-58.jpg
    Stwphanie filled out her application and then returned to her apartment to wait a few days to see if she gets approved.
    A few days went by and Stephanie got a response from Hunter.
    "Hello Stephanie,I just wanted to let you know that your application has been approved!" Hunter exclaimed over the phone. "Congratulations on becoming a tenant of our property! We will prepare your lease agreement and send it over for you to review and sign."

Post edited by GraceyManor on
    edited April 2023
    There is a hint of foul l***uage in this update and I'll admit that I changed the title from the one that first sprung to mind as it was a joke that was considered just a little bit to crude... I don't want to upset the prudes. ;)

Chapter 21.5 – Sprottenham May 2023: The botanists joke...

UBoreGO.jpg

Solvej and Patrik learns that just because their babies got older and became toddlers, things aren't really all that different yet.. They still require their parents attention to be fed... Immediately. Now. It doesn't matter then if it's in the middle of the night and mom and dad are terribly deprived of sleep...

tqJta0I.jpg

Lillian is in need of both a diaper change and food.. and as usual, Patrik does nothing and leaves it all to Solvej..

XgnZlQ0.jpg

Lillian learns to eat. :P I like these close up shots to show their faces.

uI5ljLX.jpg

Silvia works on a completely different schedual than her sister, she didn't even fall asleep, so Solvej might as well just take her out of her crib and play with her. Solvej suspects she's not going to get much rest this month either..

LJj5nHl.jpg

Solvej had to go back upstairs to look after Lillian, and there's no help in Patrik because he is still asleep, so... Silvia was then left on her own to do some exploring. Looks like she found herself a new toy...

thHxyUI.jpg

Cleaning is not the top priority right now.. Solvej instead wants to prioritize teaching the toddlers necessary skills as fast as possible, and she begins with most rewarding task, to teach Lillian to talk.. and the first word she teaches her is matchstick.. "They used to call me that when I was a kid" Solvej recalls, "..and I never really liked it. 'There comes matchstick Solvej' they used to say, because I was always tall and thin with freckles and red hair... I want to prepare my girls for what is probably to come, and I think the earlier I start, the better... Being a 'matchstick' is not a bad thing.. Don't play with fire, I'm just saying..."

5CA8cGk.jpg

When Patrik wakes up, he's just more concerned with whatever he wants to do, and goes to work out..

HUgO6mz.jpg

..until Solvej gets to tired and goes to shut off the tv to nap on the couch. "You watch after the kids for a while, I need to rest..."

0Uj0ry3.jpg

Unfortunately Solvejs rest was cut short when Lillian started to practice on the xylophone right next to the couch...

4cElEcp.jpg

Finally Silvia got tired. She had seen what mama did and wanted to copy her example. :P

Click the spoiler and get shocked (no, not really). :P
    2pErVuk.jpg

With the toddlers now upstairs (and Silvia napping) Solvej managed to squeeze in another small nap on their bed downstairs.. Also, since she thought she was pregnant a couple of months ago ("when she had 'something in the oven'...), and since she now has three kids with Patrik, she thought it was time they got married and became a proper family. Now about the pregnancy, she did take a couple of pregnancy tests to make sure. The first one was negative and.. the second one was too. So with somewhat mixed feelings she had to conclude that she wasn't pregnant.. a sigh of relief from not having to raise even more babies and toddlers, and a bit of disappointment that another new life wasn't growing inside of her...

q8O6ayw.jpg

She still hadn't given up the idea of getting married and did her best to find time to set Patrik in the mood to ask the question..

mRFn9tr.jpg

However, he was being a little difficult as if he didn't want her to get to close, almost literally as he kept rejecting her attempts to give him a good romantic hug.. She had tried a few times earlier to discuss the topic of marriage with him, but he had always appeared a little uncomfortable every time she brought it up. She knew everything about his reputation and his past, and how people had warned her not to settle with this man, but.. he was what she fell for, how could she not? The always idealistic and younger Solvej thought she could be the one to make it work... but now he was the father of her children, and she wanted to seal it properly.. If only he could stop being so evasive.. She had to keep trying...

ecEVDr1.jpg

Upstairs Lillian and Silvia were being cute next to Lillians new favorite toy, the xylophone. ;)

qzv0FCW.jpg

Patrik did show the occasional sign of being a family man as he made sure Silvia was being fed and cheered enthusiastically for Lillians xylophone practice. A glimmer of hope for Solvej..

UUtE255.jpg

It warmed Patriks heart when his boy Rune woke up to talk about physical exercize with him, apart from women (in plural...), sports and physical activity is Patriks main interest in life..

m3D1nqm.jpg

..but even so, it's hard to not love your own kids, even if you may not have planned to have them.. you were only there to enjoy 'the pleasures of the flesh' and then one thing led to another, and here you are... ;) He had just been out shopping to buy a new teddy bear for Silvia before putting her to bed when she finally got tired enough to fall asleep..

vNsEljV.jpg

Rune wanted to hangout with Elisa Meek from the twins birthday party, so he hopped on his bike to go to her house to see if she was home.

Fu2s8R6.jpg

Solvej had yet again gone to nap on the bed in their bedroom and Patrik was now left alone upstairs with Lillian.. and then it must have finally snapped for him, because he went directly to the doll house and, well, smashed it...

"I'm so ******* sick and tired of this ******* dollhouse and being kept awake all the ******* time!...." he began before he continued into a pretty lengthy tirade of a highly unrepeatable nature.. the part I just shared with you is innocent like a toddler in comparison... if Solvej had been there to hear that she would no doubt consider a change of heart... It's probably for the better right now that Lillian has not yet learned to talk, and let's just hope she won't pick up on any of what he just said.....

kYVbRvw.jpg

When Rune came to Elisas house she had just left to go to the Harbour Square just across the street. He was just about to leave and go back home when he saw her and called for her to stop and wait for him. ;)

Hn6KuUD.jpg

She was heading for the Harbour Café with Danica who had adopted her after the.. incident.. last autumn when they were all freed from being held captive and their captors were sentenced to prison... Danica would often go to the Harbour Café to eat, it was part of her therapy program as suggested by her psychologist. Repeated exposure to combat the fear and unpleasant memories.. To make the Harbour Café and the surrounding area feel like the warm and pleasant place it was supposed to be..

24f7I2T.jpg

The Café was very crowded with people waiting to buy their lunch, however the baristas were nowhere to be found. People were getting pretty impatient, and it got worse when a toddler let everyone know just how hungry it was...

wJ8KDd0.jpg

Elisa was hungry too, and had looked forward to eating there, but as it couldn't be done Rune suggested they head over to the local seafood restaurant instead.. He hoped the restaurant should be a little calmer too..

2ZUGoMD.jpg

He had to let Danica know before he could take here there as she was Elisas guardian and caretaker..

9k4cwBA.jpg

"I'm so hungry I could eat a whale..."

RHaehJf.jpg

As Rune and Elisa entered the restaurant Fragen Froosh, one of the town elders exited to complain about the food and the service..

VSpYLd5.jpg

..but this is typical of Fragen, she was never really satisfied with anything. A retired teacher of the old school kind, she had always been firm in her belief that world had always been greatly lacking in order and discipline and if it had been up to her, teachers would still have been allowed to give their pupils a smack across the fingers with the pointing stick whenever they refused to sit still and pay attention..

5Uu7o7o.jpg

Back home Solvej and Patrik had switched positions with Patrik now napping on the bed and Solvej taking care of the kids...

c9JRDJN.jpg

Rune and Elisa had both ordered a meal of sushi and they sat down to eat at the same table.

etjYsfG.jpg

One of the current teachers at the school and the wife of Robert, the criminal mastermind behind the aforementioned incident nobody in town likes to talk to loudly about, Sandra Gudmestad-Kiinsmo has discovered a squirrel probably hanging around the restaurant to pick up food dropped on the ground by the guests..

She finds the squirrel cute and amusing, but Fragen.. does not.. "Squirrels are akin to rats pretty much" she snarls.. "Vermin and pests, that's all they are. That's all everything is.. just a pain in the... " Well, I think we just found the location of the aforementioned pointing stick... I guess she had to put it somewhere, when she could no longer use it to torment her pupils... What a cantankerous old fossil! ;)

r1kN6iI.jpg

Well, things have modernized quite a lot since Fragen last tought anyone at school. Nowadays every pupil are given each their computer to do school work on by the state. Fragen would no doubt hate that.. There's no teaching like the old way, with chalk and a blackboard...

gFHMHTu.jpg

Here's the main reason why Rune wanted to hangout with Elisa, to hand her a gift. So far only to make friends, but he is just a little less than a year away from turning 13 and should soon begin to find more interest in romance.. just hope he won't end up like his father, but who knows.. :P

1r7eEdO.jpg

Elisa was super happy to receive a collection of festival tickets in a box. Not the most amazing gift in the world, but it was what he had, and as long as the gift worked, it's all good. ;)

24mn2lu.jpg

They're still just kids though, and for the rest of the night they run around the restaurant area playing tag with each other and having great fun. ;) Great fun.. Fragens most hated word, so.. it was good for them that she had left to go home, or she probably would have waved her cane at them and threatened to give them a whooping with it... and they would have ran in circles around her, making her even more sour than ever before! ;)

PXaj2v4.jpg

The kids played around in the restaurant area until it started to rain and Elisa immediately decided it was time to head home. Not much reason there for Rune to hang around and it was already past curfew again, so he better head home too and hope mom doesn't notice.. again.. ;)

JG98W81.jpg

It was bedtime now. Patrik and Silvia were already asleep downstairs, and now it was Lillians turn. Solvej had of course noticed the broken doll house and wondered what happened..

Lillian had seemed upset as she babbled and pointed at it, so Solvej knew something had happened, but didn't know what it was. "Don't worry my little girl, I will have a look at it and see if I can fix it tomorrrow, but now it's time for bed..."

ZSFmClq.jpg

Just as Solvej came downstairs Rune came in through the door. "Oh.. hi mom, I have just been over at Elisas house and we forgot about time. I had told dad where I was, and Danica was there with us the whole time, so..."

"It's still to late and you should have been home an hour ago" Solvej interrupted him. "It's ok for now, but don't let it happen again. Now, go to bed."

Solvej usually wasn't this strict, but she was exhausted and feeling a little irritable too, so Rune didn't dare to do much but obey and go to bed..

RccNXDC.jpg

And finally everyone was asleep at the same time, parents, child and toddlers alike and hopefully for once they could all get a good nights sleep without interruptions..

BZq2nYd.jpg

Good night. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    edited April 2023
    @emorrill I just now noticed you asked me what the AR stands for in my user. x.x Sorry I missed that. I'm so so sorry. x.x
    AR are the first and last initials of my husband's name. But that was a really good guess. :D Most (not all of them) of my users, I usually end up putting his or my son's initials in my name. It's silly, I know, but it's my weird way of showing how much I love my family and how proud I am to have them in my life. <3

@Turjan That looks like the face I make whenever I see food.
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
    edited April 2023
    @ButterWafflesAR Aww, that's very sweet. <3 And not strange at all. :blush: I love it! (And no worries about missing my question for a bit there. :kissing_heart: )

@Turjan Haha! Rowen is quite mesmerized by that fountain isn't he? :lol: I always laugh when sims make that face.

@GraceyManor $2100 a month for rent!? That has me like: :fearful: For that kind of money I would want ALL utilities included, including the pet deposit! :lol: But - sigh - such is the way of the world these days. I dunno how anyone affords to rent anymore to be perfectly honest. It's sad. :cry:
    Beautiful home though and I'm sure Stephanie will enjoy it. :blush:

@Sprottenham
    There is a hint of foul l***uage in this update and I'll admit that I changed the title from the one that first sprung to mind as it was a joke that was considered just a little bit to crude... I don't want to upset the prudes. ;)
    ^
    200w.gif?cid=6c09b952c92imec5i12gfpgf9eu91s2z0owm4t9zgwxa4xzn&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    Not sure why that made me laugh the way it did. :lol:
    Anyhoo, your stories are highly entertaining to read. :p Patrik and Solvej are a sweet, albeit unique :lol: , couple. :) Silvia sleeping on the couch was an adorable picture. <3

Hoping to post some more medieval cc shenanigans soon. 🙃 I've been busy with work and spending time with family in between that I just haven't had much forum or playtime lately. Makes me a little sad...but it's ok. 👍🏻

That tornado that hit Little Rock the other day was a little too close to us for comfort for me... :grimace: God bless all those who have been affected by it, as well as those who are still recovering from the one in Mississippi. <3 🙏🏻

Hope y'all are doing well and have fun simming when you can! :)
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited April 2023
    Haven't been playing as I have been doing some writing and drawing; the art programme I use to draw in have five new brushes (They add new brushes weekly) so I have been drawing with the new brushes.
    Nebula.pngWhat if I told you the art above was made using two layers and only using a default brush and one of the new brushes.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
    @emorrill
    2250 is what I pay for my 2 bedroom 1 bath home, without water and trash.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @sleepstar your brushes look great. I'm sure you're having lots of fun and being very creative with them. I went out and spent way too much on some new water colours and brushes yesterday. I tried them briefly last night but will need to do some real work with them today I hope. I'm working on a video at the moment.

@emorrill I'm glad you avoided that tornado. I was hoping you'd be OK.

Screenshot-72.jpg
    On the day of her move, Stephanie was pleasantly surprised when Hunter showed up to help her with the boxes. She had expected to be doing it all alone, but Hunter's unexpected assistance was a welcome relief.
    "Hey Stephanie, do you need a hand with those boxes?' Hunter smiled warmly at her. "I'd love some help, thanks a bunch!"

Screenshot-71.jpg
    He greeted her with a warm smile and quickly got to work, helping her load boxes into the moving truck. Hunter's experience and know-how made the process smooth and efficient.

Screenshot-74.jpg
    "I think that's the last of them." Stephanie said. "Thanks again, Hunter."
    He smiled. "Of course, if there's anything else I can help you with, don't be afraid to ask."

Screenshot-81.jpg
    On Stephanie's first night in her new house, she was awakened by a loud noise coming from downstairs. Heart racing, she realized someone had broken in. She didn't have any alarms or security systems in place, and panic set in as she quickly dialed 911. As she waited for the police to arrive, she remembered her landlord, Hunter, and called him for support.unter picked up on the first ring, and when he heard what had happened, he immediately offered to come over and stay with her until the police arrived.
    "That's not the best way to start a first night, huh? I'll be right over Stephanie. Just stay in the closet until police arrive. You'll be okay. I promise."

Screenshot-85.jpg
    Hunter's calm and reassuring voice helped to calm Stephanie's nerves, and she was grateful for his presence. As they waited for the police to arrive, Hunter did his best to distract her from the frightening situation, and by the time the police arrived, Stephanie felt much more at ease. "Hey, tell you what." Hunter said; "I can stay the night if you feel a little uneasy after such an event. And tomorrow I'll call and see if I can get an alarm installed, no additional charges to your rent." Stephanie relaxed. "Thanks Hunter."

Screenshot-88.jpg
    After the break-in, Hunter could sense that Stephanie was still feeling anxious, and he offered to stay overnight to help ease her stress. She gratefully accepted his offer, and they spent the night watching TV and talking, which helped take her mind off the events of the night.

Screenshot-89.jpg
    The next morning, Hunter woke up early and decided to make breakfast for Stephanie before she woke up. As she came down the stairs, the smell of pancakes filled the air, and she couldn't help but smile. Hunter had prepared a delicious breakfast for her, and they sat down together to enjoy it."That's so kind of you, Hunter. Thank you."
    Stephanie was grateful for Hunter's support and care, and she felt fortunate to have such a kind and helpful landlord in her corner.
    @emorrill Then I would tell you, you're laughing at the wrong place.. :P I didn't think that would be funny, but it's always cool to make people laugh, I guess.. :P

..but thanks for finding it entertaining. ;) My posts will at the core largely focus on family life and generational play at perhaps a little bit of a slow pace, sprinkled with whatever else comes to mind.. I often think it will be a very boring concept to others, but.. it's what I want to do, so that's.. what I have to do.. :P

----

I don't know where people on the forum live, but I heard about the tornadoes and it's always shocking to see the damage they can create... ,of course, I hope that everyone will be safe.. from an outside perspective, I would not settle in an area where something like that could happen.. without having a basement atleast two floors down or something.. in my home and available on every street corner... <_< >_>
    th1das9.png
    edited April 2023
    @GraceyManor I get the feeling Hunter really digs Stephanie. :smirk: Those were nice things he did for her. <3

@Sprottenham Don't mind me, I get easily amused over things that aren't amusing. :p
    Oh we sure as heck didn't want to settle in an area with tornadoes either and we specifically picked the area in Arkansas that we live in because tornado threats were practically non-existent. (There's a bit of hills here). But it seems...the winds are changing. :disappointed: So we have to figure out a plan now. I wanted us to buy a house with a basement or a storm shelter, but unfortunately homes were flying in and off the market when we were buying and with our house selling in Utah, we had to take what we could get...
    If we could easily move somewhere else with no tornado risk at all, I totally would. However there are some things I'm really growing to love about this place...
    Sigh.
    Hey everyone! :blush: Are you ready for another...

Emorrill's Testing Medieval CC Shenanigans Part 12!

:mrgreen:

Not much testing going on in this one, but it's all good. 👍🏻

I got tired of testing actually and just wanted to play the game. I could sense that Gereint was getting sick of playing guinea pig :lol: and Bucephalus was just dying for some attention and exercise. So, I sent him and Gereint on a ride into the countryside. 🌤

52791415579_2efce5e34b_c.jpg

52791415919_b1d6106c85_c.jpg

They headed up into the hills where the Aspen Grove is (a lot made by me, I'll elaborate more on that in a bit) and the most beautiful wild horse was hanging out up there as well. :love:

52791183191_8122388840_c.jpg

Naturally I sent Bucephalus - with Gereint on his back - to say Hello. The wild horse was none too thrilled by Gereint's presence...

52791633178_095cb48a73_c.jpg
    :lol:
    Hey! I captured a tail swish on camera! :smiley:

I created the Aspen Grove lot so that I could set up Ani's Woodcutter Trees.
    ***Please note that when you have that mod in your game, you cannot start a fire anywhere without the logs that come from cutting down said trees!***
    It took me FOREVER to figure that out (I downloaded the mod years ago and forgot...) so I was getting crazy frustrated because I thought some kind of mod was majorly scre'wing with my fireplaces and fire pits cause they wouldn't light! :angry: Well...I guess...a mod was...but not in the way that I was thinking! :joy: Anyhoo, I wanted Gereint to have lots of wood on hand for a fire so I had him start axing down a couple of trees! :star:

52790629182_cca5f17e6c_c.jpg

It really is a cool mod. 👍🏻 But I've been debating on removing it from my game since I like my sims to be able to start a fire in their house whenever they darn well please! :p (I like easy! :star: ) But having to go out and cut the wood for fires does add a bit of realism, especially for medieval play so...I'm a little torn. :lol:

He got quite the yield from that one tree. :star: Score!

52791634168_975faf961a_c.jpg

But yeah you just have your sim pick up the logs and they are stored in their inventory, ready to be used for when they want to start a fire. 👍🏻 (I'm pretty sure they have to be in your sims inventory in order to start a fire, they can't just be resting somewhere on the lot. Like in a wood pile...because everyone carries around firewood with them... :unamused: Oh well. Mods can't be perfect.)

Anyhoo, once Gereint and Bucephalus returned home, Gereint was stinky and needed a bath.

52790629972_a09fe37af1_c.jpg

^I decided to "add my own bubbles" to the bath water via my righteous photo editing skills so that I wouldn't possibly get in trouble for showing "inappropriate" sim pictures on the forum...
    But really, you couldn't see anything through the water...

*Sigh* He is sexy... :love:

52791417834_5c571efbe3_c.jpg

Later Gereint felt like reading. He chose the desk chair to sit on. His medieval book looks cool next to his medieval "laptop" there. ;):p

52791577040_9a289acbbb_c.jpg

I really do love this "running the logs" treadmil! :lol: It's freaking awesome!

52791418554_f0a72edee2_c.jpg
    Such creativity in our simming community. :blush:

Here's the view towards the castle keep from the lighthouse next to Gereint's home:

52791577845_962b436db5_c.jpg

Caught hay in the horses mouth again! 😄

52790631462_7fc33ebd32_c.jpg

Well hello again happy deer! :smiley: It's so nice not to see you all blacked out anymore.

52790632047_eaac26ddbf_c.jpg

An evening ride. (Different deer! :lol: )

52791636723_f7233565c9_c.jpg

Lovely nighttime view from Praaven Castle. <3

52791578325_647cd0e7cb_c.jpg

And this one from Gereint's house:

52790632507_7f4d90dcc4_c.jpg

I wanted to close out the post by showing a couple of medieval dresses I found that Emily4331 fixed for me and they look much better now! :star:

52790632847_1c01cb1568_c.jpg

This dress was from Murfeelee's site. Emily's fix for it is linked on her 'CC Fix It Thread.' 👍🏻 Go snag it!

52791637528_23e1da611f_c.jpg

However I would highly advise using a bra accessory with it because at certain angles...a little more can be seen in the bust area than I think most people prefer. :grimace:

Here's that angle with one of my accessory bras on her:

52791415319_ccc3382fe4_c.jpg

It suits the dress pretty darn well if I do say so myself. :p

52790633387_956a76afbc_c.jpg

Anyhoo! That's it for the medieval cc from me for now. I have a little bit more to show y'all before I'm done. :)

Hope y'all enjoyed and Happy Simming! <3
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @Karritz Thank you.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Hey guys! It's been a while. I hope you have all been well. I thought I would make a small post and talk about what's been happening in my game since Christmas (ie; not much... I don't get much time to play anymore) :lol:
    It told me I had like 64 notifications but it won't let me see them, so I apologise if you tagged me and I didn't reply :disappointed:

Emiko and Hori had a second set of twins! I was so mad at myself for forgetting that Emiko had the fertility treatment. They had a girl named Elodie and a boy named Marlon.
    TS3-W-2022-12-28-18-59-28-85.png
    They are total cuties but Spencer did not ask for this kind of stress in her teen life :lol:
    TS3-W-2023-01-26-15-54-22-79.png
    Time finally progressed enough in game for the (first) set of twins to grow up! They were born in game like 6 or 7 years ago so it was a teary moment for me :lol:
    TS3-W-2023-01-26-17-46-03-15.png
    I rented out a club for the night and invited everyone along. And yes it did crash several times. Good old TS3 :sweat_smile:
    TS3-W-2023-01-28-11-07-40-12.png
    TS3-W-2023-01-28-11-31-22-41.png
    Now they're thinking about university and I just love this interaction where a sim shares their aptitude results :heart:
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-27-27-59.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-28-10-66.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-28-30-06.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-29-05-23.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-29-19-55.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-29-44-53.png
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-11-30-12-27.png
    Finally just a sweet picture of Spencer taken today.
    TS3-W-2023-04-04-10-44-12-85.png
    Kara wants to be popular and Spencer wants to be a one sim band. So I think them both being in a band would be fun to try. I've not done anything with bands in a long long time. I'm thinking that Boroughsburg would be perfect for this.

@emorrill Hey girl!! I love your medieval pictures! That world looks so pretty (gosh that view of the castle is amazing) and Gereint is very swoonworthy :kissing_heart:
    I still have to finish your last Christmas story. I'm sorry, it's been playing on my mind. The guy in your signature is so handsome :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top