Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

April Patch Speculation 2023 (Emergency Patch Now Live))

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Well it's almost another month hence another patch.

My guesses for April are just bug fixes but I hope there are a lot. I'm not expecting a dlc patch in April. I'm also expecting an SDX Drop in April.

Update
[

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    Be nice to see what they have planned for the fall to go up against paradox release.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    bandit5 wrote: »
    Be nice to see what they have planned for the fall to go up against paradox release.

Yes especially if it's a Hotel Expansion Pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I would like to know to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

I would like to know to

Project Rene maybe?
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

Yes especially if it's a Hotel Expansion Pack.

I would love to see a hotel pack. Perhaps more akin to Spa Day, where you get a new venue to place rather than a new world etc.

A hotel representative of each star level would be good. You can choose a run down B&B to a 5 star mega hotel. 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    Future wrote: »

I would like to know to

Project Rene maybe?

That's atleast 3 years away.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    I am hoping for a bug fix for sims losing their milestones. My newborn has only just aged up into an infant so I haven't experienced the bug yet, but it's going to be beyond frustrating if it happens, especially when it actually affects what your infant can do in game.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member

I would like to know to

Project Rene maybe?

Yikes! :o
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited March 2023
    whatever it is i hope it isn't another category of likes and dislikes :lol: I might just lose my mind
    nothing wrong with likes and dislikes really its just that I would have to set my sims likes and dislikes - again and I currently only have 60 households left before I can play my save again :sweat_smile: and no I am not feeling like starting over I am at least 100 households in by now I've been doing just this for days :cold_sweat:
    I guess worse would be bug that wipes likes and dislikes tho... yes that would be rather rage inducing at this point
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    whatever it is i hope it isn't another category of likes and dislikes :lol: I might just lose my mind
    nothing wrong with likes and dislikes really its just that I would have to set my sims likes and dislikes - again and I currently only have 60 households left before I can play my save again :sweat_smile: and no I am not feeling like starting over I am at least 100 households in by now I've been doing just this for days :cold_sweat:
    I guess worse would be bug that wipes likes and dislikes tho... yes that would be rather rage inducing at this point

I would love more likes dislikes and milestones
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't really see it as a competition. Those who loves sims will still play sims. Those who are interested in paradox game will play that one. And those who love both will play both. It's exsistance doesn't take anything away from the sims. The most it will do is please players who were never happy with sims 4 anyway.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I also don't think such small and uncertain games like Paralives is a threar. The Sims is too huge, old, and loved to worry about that but who knows
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited March 2023

They tend to release less content during fall, so maybe we will see something, or we will just see more marketing events and behind the sims summits. They might work on a preview build so they can showcase a new feature that they have planned with Project Rene, maybe what their world will look like and how it will work or what their sims will look like.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I think I just posted in last months patch chat, but any word on what’s going on with the build mode update on console?
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    right now i don't want any new content becouse my game has a skill bug that make it unplaabully
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

i'm pretty sure Maxis is scrambling to put together a showcase of new features. if they're able to show off open world and a few other cool features this year, even if its not done, its just a "look, we're planning on doing this! see what we have so far!" it could put eyes back on them while paradox releases their base game

right now, paradox's sims are pretty ugly. they're riding the line of uncanny valley, if they're able to show off ANYTHING even though they're far from their release date about their sims' appearance in sims 5 it could be a benefit
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I don’t think Paradox will get any special treatment. It’s only early access and I don’t think it will appeal to most simmers, it looks a lot more niche than Sims. It will please people looking for hardcore strategy life simulation game but I don’t think it will have the mainstream appeal.

When is the next expansion expected? Winter? I’m not thinking we will see much this year beyond growing together and the next expansion and some kits and SDX maybe.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    I would appreciate some Star Wars SDX content on May 4th.

For example "Journey To Batuu" movie posters
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited April 2023

Posters are cool but what about costumes?

I would like a Wookie costume so when I take my Sims to Granite Falls, Chewbacca can hang out with the bears 🐻! 😊

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    I hope the bug or overlook with the splashpads is fixed in the update this month. Sims can't play in water together. I have that posted on AMQ and it's got a lot of responses.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member

Posters are cool but what about costumes?

I would like a Wookie costume so when I take my Sims to Granite Falls, Chewbacca can hang out with the bears 🐻! 😊

@ncisGibbs02 I could have sworn there was as already a Wookie costume in CAS under full body. I know there's Leia & Vader; also think they added some with Journey to Batuu.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited April 2023
    Simmingal wrote: »

I would love more likes dislikes and milestones

okay I have recovered from the sim editing chaos for now

maybe food category so all that infant food experimentation isn't wasted when they age up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member

I would like to know to

Project Rene maybe?

We don't know that Project Rene is "3 years away". It could be 2 years,or maybe even mid 2024.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Patches what are those? I mean Wedding Stories is still bugged. :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I'd love to see Likes and Dislikes expanded further, to include TV channels, food, movies if you own Movie Hangout stuff and weather if you own Seasons. There is already in-game preference functionality for the latter two so I'm sure it's possible.