Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All of my CC Free Houses Say "Modded"

I use CC but I've been avoiding it in builds. I just started building and I wanted to upload my builds but they all say "Modded" when they are not. Does it automatically do that when you have CC or is it a glitch? I'm not positive but I feel like I should be able to change that label. I also know I'm less likely to get downloaded when it says there is CC.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Then delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Launch the game and try uploading the builds, testing to see if they still say they are modded.
  • angelicamarsangelicamars Posts: 20 Member
    were you able to fix the problem?
  • TiaideaTiaidea Posts: 1 New Member
    I found that you did not need to delete all your mods or even disable them to make your gallery item "not modded", all you have to do is make sure any custom items you have on the lot are sold or in your inventory. Keep looking and removing them until when you save the lot the check beside "modded" is turned off.
  • Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member
    Do you use Better Build/Buy? I was wondering why all my CC free houses were marked as modded. Turns out I had to turn off BBB before uploading
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    You have to actually build a lot in a game with no CC. In other words, if you're in a game that has CC enabled while building, the lot is still going to show as having CC even if it doesn't.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »
    You have to actually build a lot in a game with no CC. In other words, if you're in a game that has CC enabled while building, the lot is still going to show as having CC even if it doesn't.

That isn't true, I have CC and have made several builds without CC even when CC has been installed. What I have found is that I find it needlessly difficult to avoid something small (a wall, a recolor of a bg item or something like that). Usually I don't know what I added that was modded and it can be hard to identify it. At one point I had a mod that "freed" plants from debug mode - and they all showed up as being CC even though they really weren't.

A simple solution is to turn CC/mods off, restart the game and go into the lot you want to upload. That will automatically remove the CC that was there so you won't have to look for it. Once your house is uploaded just turn mods on again and restart the game. Personally I have a save specifically for building so that I don't accidentally mess up my save by opening it up without mods. But I'm not sure if that's needed, but I'm a bit paranoid.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • mrstank30mrstank30 Posts: 146 Member
    pearlbh wrote: »

A simple solution is to turn CC/mods off, restart the game and go into the lot you want to upload. That will automatically remove the CC that was there so you won't have to look for it.

This is what I thought too but I've done this. It didn't work. I had a lot in a game with CC/mods but the lot was free of CC. The lot uploaded with the CC/modded mark, so I am now in a new save with no mods/no CC. I went to try to upload a "clean" version of it and it still shows this. Mods and CC aren't even turned on in the game so it's a bit confusing how that is even possible.

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Old thread but for the record, having family pictures in your house will mark it as having cc in your library/gallery.