Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    Freaking annoying.

Okay so I made a newly engaged couple to start playing. I named them Madison and Aiden.
    Well I'm not moving fast with getting them married because I want to do the whole wedding thing. I want them both to be high in their careers and have some friends to actually attend the wedding. So when they finally do have children, they will be established because I'm planning on at least 3 or 4 kids for them so they need money and enough room for all of them.

Well I decided because I'm not moving fast, that I wanted them to go on a date. They live in Windenburg so I had them go to the cute little cafe for a date. Well right when they go to the cozy little diner on the dive, all the Sims in the city show up and get in the way. Now I like when other Sims are on the lots because it's more lively, but when they start getting in the way, that's when we have a problem.

Also they are still obsessively checking their phones. I thought EA fixed that. Whatever.
  • Options
    Something else in the game I've never done. Out of all the pets my Sims have owned, I never had any pets have babies in game so I'm hoping to try that out as well.
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    Something else in the game I've never done. Out of all the pets my Sims have owned, I never had any pets have babies in game so I'm hoping to try that out as well.

That sounds fun 😊 good luck I hope it's all positive outcomes.
    My dog had a puppy once and the pup was destructive and destroyed everything in his path lol.
  • Options
    Princess of Da'varhPrincess of Da'varh Posts: 344 Member
    I've not played much recently. But that will change today - I'm buying Growing Together today so my games are about to get a lot more exciting! 😁😊

I've got some good story ideas as well which I'm hoping to bring to life.
  • Options
    HeyJewelHeyJewel Posts: 13 New Member
    Random question(s)

Sooooo the Legacy Challenge I am working on is getting pretty long... I have added an optional "storyline" under the goals for each generation. I think that having that storyline in there is fun, and I've seen others do it (far better than I can lol) but I'm stepping back and looking at it... And wow, there is a lot of words staring me in the face.

Does that make a Legacy look boring? Too cluttered? Too hard? Should I begin posting it in sections and not all at once? What is the meaning of life? WHO AM I?! IS THIS A SIMULATION?!?

Ok, but in all seriousness, what is your opinion? What do you want to see when you open up a Legacy Thread?
  • Options
    hely0thely0t Posts: 345 Member
    I wonder how many will be playing with babies now, and how many will age them to infants as soon as they're born. Because I think mine are gonna be infants straight away.
    "You've got a face, I've got a face, it's all gonna be alright." - Noel Fielding
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    HeyJewel wrote: »
    Random question(s)

Sooooo the Legacy Challenge I am working on is getting pretty long... I have added an optional "storyline" under the goals for each generation. I think that having that storyline in there is fun, and I've seen others do it (far better than I can lol) but I'm stepping back and looking at it... And wow, there is a lot of words staring me in the face.

Does that make a Legacy look boring? Too cluttered? Too hard? Should I begin posting it in sections and not all at once? What is the meaning of life? WHO AM I?! IS THIS A SIMULATION?!?

Ok, but in all seriousness, what is your opinion? What do you want to see when you open up a Legacy Thread?

I think a lot of specific storyline in the goals for each generation would attract a certain kind of player. There are many different challenges out there and there's quite a range of how specific the rules are. Some are more open-ended and some are very tightly scripted.

I like to read people's stories of what's happened in their legacy games, but that's not the same thing as setting up a required storyline ahead of time.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    What are the settings to freeze a sim while you play another sim?

Basically no aging, no relationship changes, no change in money or skill progression etc.

I’m wondering if they should be taken out of the world and put back in, or if it’s okay to just leave them as they are with aging off. I don’t mind seeing them around.
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    Not worth making a new thread for, so I'll ask here. Does anyone know where the "Invite to Stay the Night" option went with the new update?
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    Its under romance then affection. Doesnt come up until sometime after the bar is over halfway
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Basically no aging, no relationship changes, no change in money or skill progression etc.

I’m wondering if they should be taken out of the world and put back in, or if it’s okay to just leave them as they are with aging off. I don’t mind seeing them around.

If you see them around, they could develop friendships or enemies, or gain skills, depending on what they're doing while you're there.

Aging is the easy part. Game options, look for the aging settings, set to "active household only" and either NPC aging off or make sure the sim you want to freeze is marked as a played sim in manage households.
  • Options
    CarmineCarmine Posts: 84 Member
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    Its under romance then affection. Doesnt come up until sometime after the bar is over halfway

Weird, I swear it used to be a friendly option. Oh well either way. Thank you for answering!
  • Options

If you see them around, they could develop friendships or enemies, or gain skills, depending on what they're doing while you're there.

Aging is the easy part. Game options, look for the aging settings, set to "active household only" and either NPC aging off or make sure the sim you want to freeze is marked as a played sim in manage households.

Ahh lovely thank you! I guess I will have to keep an eye on them if they show up. I guess my other alternative is to save them and take them out of the game but I think it messes up their graduation photos and probably other things.
  • Options
    ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    So I got a house out of my gallery and im furnishing it and redoing wallpapers and stuff.
    Went looking around then realized I made 4 out of my 5 bathrooms all some form of pink, soooo I made the 5th pink to lol
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    I can't believe I've only just stumbled upon this thread. Great idea.

These rages from unfulfilled dreams etc etc are bugging the living daylight out of me.
    I did go into the gameplay settings and unchecked wants and fear, and still it happens!
    I hate angry sims! Especially when it's not from something I had them do!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I was finally able to get Growing Together. I have done any gameplay yet but I've been building. I love the wallpapers that come with the pack!
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    So many random thoughts:

I think it’s about time that we got a new empty base game world but I don’t want another suburban world. Yes, they could give us a themed/outside of the US free world but the build/buy content would have to fit base game content which defeats the purpose of a themed world. I think a Newcrest/Del Sol Valley/San Myshuno/San Sequoia hybrid would work. A run downish neighborhood, a commercial district, a nicer area but not so nice that it could be considered suburban.

We need more careers! Day care, active babysitter, nursing that doesn’t transition into doctor, pet groomer. And some low earning careers that don’t pay $5000 a day and aren’t part time.

I know we just got GroTog but…I would like some new content lol. Maybe a nursery build/buy kit, infant and toddler CAS, or an elder related game play kit (retirement home kit type, canes and walkers)

Also what happened to the game pack refreshes?

• Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    @simgirl1010 thank you!!!!
  • Options
    Probably very late to make this comment but cat lovers got robbed in cats and dogs. So much more stuff for dogs to do!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Probably very late to make this comment but cat lovers got robbed in cats and dogs. So much more stuff for dogs to do!

Sorta kinda like real life. 🙂
  • Options

I guess so 😂. I only played with cat before, I was surprised with all the extra dog stuff!
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I stated before that I'm going to play my Sims on long lifespans so I can do everything. But I decided to go back to normal lifespan. I don't have to do everything in generation one. As a matter of fact, it's best to not try to do everything in the first generation. I'm planning on having a long generation of families and multiple saves at that. There is no rush.

The first generation are going to be farmers. Raise some chickens and llamas, have a few kids.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited March 2023

Agreed! Pet aisles/stores in RL make me mad. This crazy cat lady wants to spoil her cats.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I used to post often on my sims blog and I haven't in years. This is the first time in a while I've really been invested in a save file. It's so refreshing to focus on playing vs stopping to take screenshots for a blog every few minutes.

Normally I have a bad habit of tweaking genetics and I haven't been doing that either. I'm finally getting around to throwing a wedding to renew vows then off for a two day vacation to go skiing. (My Wedding Stories & Snowy Escape) two packs I've used BB/CAS but haven't really experienced the gameplay. :grin:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top