Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App Required Now?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Buy a Mac and install Origin :p

Would said Mac run the PC version of the game with its PC packs?
    @sorokonozhka I played offline on the EA App for the last week. I wasn't ready to install the update.

Are you getting an error message when you try to play offline?

Not him/her, but I played offline last week and prior as well, app installed and running. Am likewise not ready to update, and never will be. Why update to prepare for packs I have no interest in? Ever. Monday came, no error message, just the app panel and cold silence like a tomb. Can't help but wonder what EA is afraid of if we play offline. Presumably there is a reason for the clamp-down. Whether it makes sense is another matter entirely.
  • sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    @simgirl1010 Yes, I got an error message that was something like "a mysterious problem has occurred, please wait a few minutes" and what I ended up doing to fix it was using an "App Recovery" built right into the launcher as if anticipating problems. My sister helped me with it.
    @Oldeseadogge I think it's part of the trend of corporations trying to eliminate account sharing. What a ridiculous mess.
    You're right. Both ridiculous and a mess. Don't they know that abruptly ending a years long standard practice with neither warning nor explanation breeds suspicion and distrust? Perhaps we are being conditioned for the reality of Renee.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,641 Member
    I've had a new thing going on this week. Each time I open the App none of my games show up, as I said before.
    I have to restart my computer each time, and each time, thankfully they are there again. This has only started happening this week, and I've had the App since December.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    IT'S NOW March 21 my ea app still says error code; INST-14-1460. last nite i tried it again and it moved for the first time about an inch. stopped and pushed out the same error. just sits there and stares at me. i was on guru Pedro and Avins twitter, they both indicated something would be put out in a couple of days. i just want to be where everyone else is and bummed cause the games arent dl. i have no clue where this cashe ppl are talking about is. sure would like to know what that error means.
    edited March 2023
    to bad they did maybe update small portions at a time. perhaps all at once was just to much.
    Post edited by bluelighting on
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    @bluelighting SimGuruPedro is the Sims Mobile community manager and SimGuruAwin is no longer with EA.

You may want to check out this solution at Answers Headquarters for the error you're experiencing.

Getting INST-14-1460 error while installing EA App

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports-Technical-Issues/CONNECTION-ERROR-EA-APP-Download/m-p/12397700
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    IT'S NOW March 21 my ea app still says error code; INST-14-1460. last nite i tried it again and it moved for the first time about an inch. stopped and pushed out the same error. just sits there and stares at me. i was on guru Pedro and Avins twitter, they both indicated something would be put out in a couple of days. i just want to be where everyone else is and bummed cause the games arent dl. i have no clue where this cashe ppl are talking about is. sure would like to know what that error means.

I was able to dig into this specific error with the EA app team, and it looks like it's a local timeout when installing. The steps they recommended are as follows:
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2023
    @EA_Cade

Okay, who do I complain to?

I bought Perfect Patio and Spooky stuff on Sept 15, 2016 along with every other stuff pack and game pack released to that point (so I have been playing with them for 6 1/2 years). After installing the EA app, they were yanked from my game.
    I have spent the last two days trying to get them reinstalled.

Today, I was told that I had requested a refund on these packs. NO! At that time, it was a 50% off sale and the discount was not applied to all the packs. I spoke to CS and it was promptly straightened out on that day. I paid for my games and I have been playing them for 6 1/2 years. Never received a "refund". I was informed that "the tool" that allows them to pull up the necessary information was not working.
    I was told this tool wasn't working the first two phone calls (from yesterday) and she couldn't even pull up to confirm purchases. Last night, I was told the purchases were verified, but the tool wouldn't allow him to install them back into my game.

I'm sorry if I am sounding (choice word), but I am INCREDIBLY annoyed and frustrated.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • JustinRideJustinRide Posts: 16 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Was just forced over too. My main, number one, the most burning complaint is that The Sims 3 Create a World is not compatible with it. If you click edit in game there, it opens the launcher and opens the game normally. With Origin, you could just get the game open in Create a World mode, which allowed you to edit lots in the world you're creating.

And it's not just me, other players have that problem too (and I'll include the link to Answers HQ): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-Sims-3-Create-a-World-Edit-in-game-doesn-t-work/td-p/11461331

I think we need to bring this issue to attention as I haven't seen it being talked about elsewhere.

Heya,

I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.

Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hey @EA_Cade ! Hopefully when i @ you it's working, I wasn't a member just yet! (Still new to the forums!) Just wanted to check in on the progress with Create a World working on EA App. As well as an update for store content still not working with EA App. Thank you! :3
  • 2tired2troll2tired2troll Posts: 2 New Member
    I cannot get the EA app to download.
  • 2tired2troll2tired2troll Posts: 2 New Member
    I no longer have my Origin so i don't know if i can even get logged in at this point - pretty frustrated.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,302 EA Community Manager
    Anmirla wrote: »
    @EA_Cade

I bought Perfect Patio and Spooky stuff on Sept 15, 2016 along with every other stuff pack and game pack released to that point (so I have been playing with them for 6 1/2 years). After installing the EA app, they were yanked from my game.

Today, I was told that I had requested a refund on these packs. NO! At that time, it was a 50% off sale and the discount was not applied to all the packs. I spoke to CS and it was promptly straightened out on that day. I paid for my games and I have been playing them for 6 1/2 years. Never received a "refund". I was informed that "the tool" that allows them to pull up the necessary information was not working.
    I was told this tool wasn't working the first two phone calls (from yesterday) and she couldn't even pull up to confirm purchases. Last night, I was told the purchases were verified, but the tool wouldn't allow him to install them back into my game.

I'm sorry if I am sounding (choice word), but I am INCREDIBLY annoyed and frustrated.

Do you see the packs as owned inside the EA app? If not, an advisor will need to resolve this issue (assuming you're logged in on the correct account).

We've also seen some players have their content installed under the Create A Sim Demo folder instead of the correct The Sims 4 directory. You can see steps here to determine if that is what's happening here.
    JustinRide wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Was just forced over too. My main, number one, the most burning complaint is that The Sims 3 Create a World is not compatible with it. If you click edit in game there, it opens the launcher and opens the game normally. With Origin, you could just get the game open in Create a World mode, which allowed you to edit lots in the world you're creating.

And it's not just me, other players have that problem too (and I'll include the link to Answers HQ): https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/EA-App-Sims-3-Create-a-World-Edit-in-game-doesn-t-work/td-p/11461331

I think we need to bring this issue to attention as I haven't seen it being talked about elsewhere.

Heya,

I'm actually currently having discussions on this tool with relevant teams. Obviously the goal is to keep everything running but there are some technical limitations we're working through with a tool that A ) never left Beta to begin with and B ) is extremely old and had to be patched when Origin released to function with it.

Again, the goal is to get it cooperating with the EA app, but I can't promise that will be feasible.

Hey @EA_Cade ! Hopefully when i @ you it's working, I wasn't a member just yet! (Still new to the forums!) Just wanted to check in on the progress with Create a World working on EA App. As well as an update for store content still not working with EA App. Thank you! :3

No news to share yet I'm afraid.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    @EA_Cade

Do you see the packs as owned inside the EA app? If not, an advisor will need to resolve this issue (assuming you're logged in on the correct account).

We've also seen some players have their content installed under the Create A Sim Demo folder instead of the correct The Sims 4 directory. You can see steps here to determine if that is what's happening here.

No, that's the problem. When I was checking prices (to see what to potentially buy next :/ ), I noticed that those two packs were available for me to buy. I bought them 6 1/2 years ago.
    I had uninstalled CAS Dem before taking my PC in earlier this week to switch over the hard drive. I was trying to reduce the data to be transferred. I had no idea that I should have checked it. :'( I was waiting to open my game until my PC was back so I could just switch over to the new app on the new hard drive.

Thank you for responding.

baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    [q

I was able to dig into this specific error with the EA app team, and it looks like it's a local timeout when installing. The steps they recommended are as follows:
    [/qu

thank you, but it didnt work. still have same error.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited March 2023
    Maybe EA should turn off EA App upgrade again as long as this software isn't functional at 100%.

Origin still works very well.
    My unplugged started working again the 22nd, still did through Friday, not tried today. What should be regular seems to now be a roll of the dice. Feel really sorry for all you that are having such troubles. You bought your games in good faith and now it just hurts. :'(
    ok nothing worked that ive tried. i only play the game i dont build i dont create ppl, i just play. so after two weeks i just went and got another pc. i wont get to play for another week. but im getting alot of ideas by by watching simmers play their games. im pc illiterate.
    Bummer! Hope it all works out well for you.
  • SandyLovingSandyLoving Posts: 240 Member
    It seems I have to reboot each time I want to start the EA app. Especially after the latest game update. So far not of fan of the app.
  • SandyLovingSandyLoving Posts: 240 Member
    I keep getting an error message from the EA app when trying to load games, so I have to reboot. CNTRL R does a reset that doesnt seem to do much most times. anyway...thanks all for comments and experiences...
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Use to have to restart the computer frequently, but killing the processes starting with EA then retrying the game seems to be working. I miss how Origin popped up briefly then just got out of my way and let me play, most of the time anyways.
    The cake is a lie

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top