Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is wants/needs still a thing?

Whatever it was called. Been looking online for an hour or two and I can't find an answer. The system was so buggy and overbearing like a year ago that I gave up and moved to other games. I wanna play Sims 4 again if its been fixed or that whole system can be permanently turned off/opted for original game style desires. Haven't tried playing since a month or two after high school xpack launched.

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Needs are always a thing. Wants/whims can be turned off.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    edited March 2023
    Wants are still available, but the toggle to turn them off works now (At last!). Occasionally toddlers will have a want pop up when they first age up, but that goes away.

Not sure what you mean by needs. If you mean motives as in hunger, hygiene, etc. Those are still very much around and can't be toggled off. Not aware of their having been bugged.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    @Eleri I didn't mean the bar things you maintain, just what replaced the OG thing that gave like 25 satisfaction points each one you helped with. It was the things that caused fears every 10sec, even after doing the things that should prevent the fears. If that's gone or can be turned off for good now I may have to reinstall my game. It got to where you couldn't enjoy the game cause you had to babysit it constantly to avoid the new system. Even then it didn't seem to matter what you did. I love the game and the simplicity of maintaining my main families, but I hated the fears thing and its overly complex and punishing features. Plus, originally you had to turn off wants/fears every time you went somewhere or changed families. Even with them off they'd happen every few mins.
    But if turning it off really works now, I'm gonna start playing again!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    It's worth testing the Wants & Fears system out again. Fears have been massively reduced.

I played the Bheedas after the patch and the first Fear I got was a "Fear of Being Cheated On" around the time when Jesminder gave birth (about 4 days in). I think it suited the situation due to her being a Romantic sim and the changes that happen to a body with pregnancy.
    Lol
    I've never liked it and I don't want the headache again. What setting is it under to turn wants/fears off?
    Drigger wrote: »
    Lol
    I've never liked it and I don't want the headache again. What setting is it under to turn wants/fears off?

Gameplay.
    @EmmaVane the only one I see says "show wants/fears". Its unchecked, so that means its off or that it just won't tell when a sim gets one?
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited March 2023
    Drigger wrote: »
    @EmmaVane the only one I see says "show wants/fears". Its unchecked, so that means its off or that it just won't tell when a sim gets one?

As far as I see so far, it has been fixed. I have it turned off. But still do occasionally get a "want" that is relevant to the situation rather than just random like before the fix.

What I mean is instead of having "I want to go bowling! I want to catch a fish in Oasis Springs! I want to build a rocketship!"... Now, if flirting, let's say, a want may pop up "I want to hug so-an-so" (the one being flirted with).
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Has the every sim is angry with every other sim thing been fixed?

Seems to be?

Not sure what you are talking about, but I guess so?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member

Yes, I remember that. I found it massively frustrating at the time, why is my sim in a blood feud with his elementary school-aged son? I haven't seen it in a couple months at least, though. My current household of 8 gets along swimmingly.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    Eleri wrote: »

Yes, I remember that. I found it massively frustrating at the time, why is my sim in a blood feud with his elementary school-aged son? I haven't seen it in a couple months at least, though. My current household of 8 gets along swimmingly.

I ok I get what was meant. Yes it seems to be mostly fixed. Though only play-testing over time will tell.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member

If you mean this, then yes!
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Autonomous-Insulting-Patch-1-92-145/m-p/11932091