Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I just learned that if you have a ghost haunt a pipe organ it will play creepy organ music the whole time.

I also recently learned that gloomy sims get inspired by being around ghosts.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    SanniSilli wrote: »
    I recently found out that (with eco lifestyle ?) kids can dumpster dive and find toys. I was visiting the Art center in Myshuno when for some reason clicked the dumpster next to the bar inside and for my suprise there was this option 😁

It should come from Kids Room stuff, being one of the ways to collect Voidcritter cards.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited March 2023
    Unlike adult sims, children can't be directly told to browse through obituaries on the internet when they're sad. However, that's exactly what a sad child will do if you tell them to look at kid-friendly websites.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

I didn't know that a toddler blowing out candles on a cake to age up to child can be instantly famous if the parent(s) has fame.
    wTLBcsk.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't know that a toddler blowing out candles on a cake to age up to child can be instantly famous if the parent(s) has fame.
    wTLBcsk.png

Yeah, every birthday they gain fame based on their parents lol.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Did you know that if you have the bowling stuff pack your sim can change the color of the bowling ball after leveling up bowling skill. You can do this by clicking on the bowling racks that come with the pack. I actually found this out today by playing, and i've had this since it released. :D Never realized the racks became functional.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I just noticed that, after the latest patch, when a Sim is doing something that builds a skill, an icon indicating the skill they're developing appears over the "status bar" where you see the level going up. I could always figure out what skill was improving, but the icon is a fun little touch.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Children can also look for discarded toys in the frog logs!
  • SimlingtonSimlington Posts: 26 Member
    I just noticed that, after the latest patch, when a Sim is doing something that builds a skill, an icon indicating the skill they're developing appears over the "status bar" where you see the level going up. I could always figure out what skill was improving, but the icon is a fun little touch.
    It's nice to see for Genius (and a different trait? Can't remember.) Sims that get random boosts.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member

One of my favorite new features. No more clicking on the skills panel to see which skill is highlighted. Once I learn what all the icons represent. 😄

I didn't know that reading skill books doesn't count as reading books for "Nerd Brain" and other aspirations.

Also didn't know that polite introduction doesn't count as a friendly introduction for an aspiration.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't know that reading skill books doesn't count as reading books for "Nerd Brain" and other aspirations.

Unless the latest patch broke something, they do count. It just takes a while, and unlike with some of the other books, you can't see the progress. Skill books are the only books I ever let my sims read.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    When a Loyal Sim sees another Sim be mean to one of the Loyal Sim's friends, he will intervene and act mean towards this person. He will also get a confident "not on my watch" confident buff. Similarly if he sees two of his friends be mean to each other, he will intervene and be mean to the instigator. He will also get the "why cant we all get along" confident buff.

I didn't know there were custom frames that you can mount photos into in the Moschino Pack until reading McCrudd's post: How I take my sim's photo's and make them family portraits :o

(I knew about the one that changes every hour or day or whatever. I'll see if I can find the static photo frames...)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    If you disable "Temperature effects on sims" in the game options, your sims will no longer get the freezing moodlets and cannot die from cold, but they will still do the shivering animation.

I play with temperature effects on in regular gameplay, but this is so useful for scripted stories!
    edited March 2023
    If you disable "Temperature effects on sims" in the game options, your sims will no longer get the freezing moodlets and cannot die from cold, but they will still do the shivering animation.

I play with temperature effects on in regular gameplay, but this is so useful for scripted stories!

Die from too cold or too hot. Yes. I turned it off because the NPC's were too stoopid and dying regularly. :D

Keep in mind the Sims can still get the uncomfortable moodlet from extreme temperature. Unless they get one the reward traits to counter that. ;)

EDIT: Oh and also, it doesn't matter what a Sim has in their Hot or Cool outfit slot(s). As long as they are wearing that, they are "ok". heh heh! You could have underwear in the cold weather outfit slot, and in freezing temperatures... they're fine!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• afoxstailafoxstail Posts: 29 Member
    I've only just started properly exploring Character Values. Disappointed to find out that doing the laundry doesn't seem to have an impact on Manners at all :/
    afoxstail wrote: »
    I've only just started properly exploring Character Values. Disappointed to find out that doing the laundry doesn't seem to have an impact on Manners at all :/

What about "responsibility" maybe?

Interesting observation though.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• bookwormst699bookwormst699 Posts: 21 Member
    I find that confidence does effect the values, and that starts off low if they were a chaos toddler. Still, confidence seems like it's too easy to bolster into high confidence and Responsible with Parenthood and Growing Together.
  • graecyngraecyn Posts: 7 New Member
    I didn't know I could be offered a job randomly through a prompt once you reach a certain career level! That was crazy.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    graecyn wrote: »
    I didn't know I could be offered a job randomly through a prompt once you reach a certain career level! That was crazy.

Could it be caused by good reputation in The Sims 4 Get Famous? Or are you talking about career branches?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top