Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Infant Milestones?

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can also get a “first vacation”.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I can't seem to get the pincer grasp milestone. My infant can crawl, stand up and eat food from the high chair but not finger foods cause that one is still required. What does my infant need to do to unlock that one? Thanks in advance for any advice :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    I can't seem to get the pincer grasp milestone. My infant can crawl, stand up and eat food from the high chair but not finger foods cause that one is still required. What does my infant need to do to unlock that one? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I think mini me was grabbing the infant playmat toys when she got that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I think mini me was grabbing the infant playmat toys when she got that

Thanks @Simmingal, was she lying or sitting, do you happen to remember ? Little Bella plays on her's a lot, but she tends to fall over and end up on her back, perhaps I can insist she sit and play ;)

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I used the rattle to get my infants that milestone.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited March 2023
    yeah can't really remember got it kinda by accident out of nowhere so 😂

i guess just spam bunch of toys and playmat interactions is the best idea
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I used the rattle to get my infants that milestone.

Aaaah now that she loves playing with, I will make sure she has more playtime with it and put the other toys away for a bit.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah can't really remember got it kinda by accident out of nowhere so 😂

i guess just spam bunch of toys and playmat interactions is the best idea

Great idea, spamming toy time. Thanks for all the advice :)
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @Simmingal - I had one of the triplets get the pincer grasp milestone from playing with the toys on the playmat. I had the other two triplets get it from when one of the parents was feeding them food in the high chair.
  • OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    So far I've got the following...
    Fine motor:
    - Learned to Reach
    - Learned to Grab
    - Put toe in Mouth
    - Learned Pincer Grab
    - Learned to Clap
    - Learned to Wave
    Firsts:
    - Slept through the Night
    - First Bath
    - First Bubble Bath
    - First Baby Food
    - First Finger Food
    - First Trip to a Park
    - First Visitors
    - First Diaper Blowout
    - Peed on Caregiver
    Gross Motor:
    - Lifted Head
    - Rolled Over to Back
    - Rolled Over to Tummy
    - Learned to Creep
    - Learned to Sit Up
    - Learned to Crawl
    - Pulled to Stand
    - Learned to Dance
    Social:
    - First Smiled
    - Learned to Coo
    - Learned to Laugh
    - Learned to Blow Raspberry
    - Learned to Babble
    - Learned t Blow Kiss
    - Learned Peek-A-Boo
    - Said First Word

This is a great list and I really appreciate you sharing it. I was hoping everyone could share their tips to achieving these milestone.

For the gross motor milestones it starts with assisting with Tummy Time until the infant reaches the rolled over to tummy. The infant can then do their own tummy time. The sim can then assist the infant with Learning to Sit. It’s will be followed with assisting the infant with Crawling, and then Standing. To get the last Gross Motor milestone, Learned to Dance, the infant needs to wiggle to music.

For the fine motor milestones I received most with the Way-to-Play Playmat, with the infant using the Play with Toys. I’m still trying to get the Learned to Wave and hope to get some help in obtaining this milestone.

I’m also behind on the Social Milestones. My infant has learned through Babble and gained most of them randomly. I have had my infant babble to our dog and to her mom but can’t seem to get any more milestones.
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    A lot of the social milestones there needs to be someone in close proximity. If they walk away, the milestone may get stuck until they come back to the infant.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I had gotten to where my infant could scoot and it was precious, I would guess she had gained about 10 of them. Then I switched households and when I switched back to her household, her milestones all disappeared. I'll have to turn off aging to spend the time to get her milestones back and not change houses. On the positive side: The infants are well done and the interactions are endearing. I enjoy playing with them.
  • Charlaine2124Charlaine2124 Posts: 14 New Member
    I have a tips/how-to list now to go with my list!

Fine motor:
    - Learned to Reach - from looking at toys on the Playmat
    - Learned to Grab - From playing with toys on the playmat (requires prev.)
    - Put toe in Mouth - can happen any time they're lying down, but seems to be more likely if they're actively looking at/reaching for something (and they accidentally grab their toe instead)
    - Learned Pincer Grab - can happen in the highchair or when playing in the playmat or playing with other small toys like the rattles. Requires sitting up
    - Learned to Clap - Random, possibly more likely if listening to music or talking?
    - Learned to Wave - Random - possibly more likely if interacting with other sims?
    Firsts:
    Hopefully self-explanatory. Some of these are Infant-only, and perhaps the challenge might be avoiding some of them, as the blowout/peed on caregiver only occur if you don't keep bang on top of changing diapers as soon as they're dirty
    - Slept through the Night
    - First Bath
    - First Bubble Bath
    - First Baby Food
    - First Finger Food
    - First Trip to a Park
    - First Vacation
    - First Visitors
    - First Diaper Blowout
    - Peed on Caregiver
    Gross Motor:
    - Lifted Head - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver
    - Rolled Over to Back - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver
    - Rolled Over to Tummy - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver (unlocks solo Tummy Time)
    - Learned to Creep - doing Tummy Time (solo or with caregiver)
    - Learned to Sit Up - either doing Tummy Time (solo or with caregiver) or Playing with Toys on Playmat (still requires Solo Tummy Time unlocked and Learned to Reach/Grab(?))
    - Learned to Crawl - Practice Crawling with Caregiver, or Tummy Time solo or with Caregiver - This one seems to take forever no matter what I do (like, a full in-game week) so if you figure it out please let me know
    - Pulled to Stand - Requires Learned to Sit Up and "Practice Standing" action with caregiver
    - Learned to Dance - Wiggle to Music with a stereo
    (NB: I still have the "Tummy Time" and "Practice Standing" activities so I think there's at least one more in this category still?)
    Social: - All of these interactions seem to happen somewhat randomly, but require social interaction with other sims (from infant up to elder)
    - First Smiled
    - Learned to Coo
    - Learned to Laugh
    - Learned to Blow Raspberry
    - Learned to Babble
    - Learned t Blow Kiss
    - Learned Peek-A-Boo
    - Said First Word
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have a tips/how-to list now to go with my list!

Fine motor:
    1 Learned to Reach - from looking at toys on the Playmat
    2 Learned to Grab - From playing with toys on the playmat (requires prev.)
    3 Put toe in Mouth - can happen any time they're lying down, but seems to be more likely if they're actively looking at/reaching for something (and they accidentally grab their toe instead)
    4 Learned Pincer Grab - can happen in the highchair or when playing in the playmat or playing with other small toys like the rattles. Requires sitting up
    5 Learned to Clap - Random, possibly more likely if listening to music or talking?
    6 Learned to Wave - Random - possibly more likely if interacting with other sims?
    Firsts:
    Hopefully self-explanatory. Some of these are Infant-only, and perhaps the challenge might be avoiding some of them, as the blowout/peed on caregiver only occur if you don't keep bang on top of changing diapers as soon as they're dirty
    1 Slept through the Night
    2 First Bath
    3 First Bubble Bath
    4 First Baby Food
    5 First Finger Food
    6 First Trip to a Park
    7 First Vacation
    8 First Visit to a Family Member's Home
    9 First Visitors
    10 First Diaper Blowout
    11 Peed on Caregiver
    Gross Motor:
    1 Lifted Head - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver
    2 Rolled Over to Back - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver
    3 Rolled Over to Tummy - Requires Tummy Time Interaction with Caregiver (unlocks solo Tummy Time)
    4 Learned to Creep - doing Tummy Time (solo or with caregiver)
    5 Learned to Sit Up - either doing Tummy Time (solo or with caregiver) or Playing with Toys on Playmat (still requires Solo Tummy Time unlocked and Learned to Reach/Grab(?))
    6 Learned to Crawl - Practice Crawling with Caregiver, or Tummy Time solo or with Caregiver - This one seems to take forever no matter what I do (like, a full in-game week) so if you figure it out please let me know
    7 Pulled to Stand - Requires Learned to Sit Up and "Practice Standing" action with caregiver
    8 Learned to Dance - Wiggle to Music with a stereo
    (NB: I still have the "Tummy Time" and "Practice Standing" activities so I think there's at least one more in this category still?)

Life:
    1 Born at a Hospital

Social: - All of these interactions seem to happen somewhat randomly, but require social interaction with other sims (from infant up to elder)
    1 First Smiled
    2 Learned to Coo
    3 Learned to Laugh
    4 Learned to Blow Raspberry
    5 Learned to Babble
    6 Learned t Blow Kiss
    7 Learned Peek-A-Boo
    8 Said First Word

Would be nice if they're numbered so it's easier to count. I see 2 that I have so far not in your list, first visit to family member's home and born at a hospital.

6 + 11 + 8 + 1 + 8 = 34
    I've not included the Life ones bc they're not easy to affect, but you're right I completely forgot "first visit to a Family Members Home" in Firsts

Life ones I've found so far (for infants specifically) are:
    - Born at Home
    - Born at Hospital
    - Born (generic, from premade or CAS sims)
    - Adopted

(obviously most of these are exclusive of each other :P )
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Wow! I can't believe there are so many! That is really cute. :)
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    If this is the complete list, now's the annoying part of having to find out how many there are for toddlers, children, and teens...
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,832 Member
    I'm not particularly concerned about getting all the milestones for other age groups. They'll just happen through regular gameplay. But I really want to get them all for my infants. 😊
    > @sennawales said:
    > If this is the complete list, now's the annoying part of having to find out how many there are for toddlers, children, and teens...

I'm working on it, but the toddler milestones are super bugged and I can't seem to actually get half of them. I'm keeping my eye on a few bug reports regarding toddler milestones, so hopefully there's a hotfix in the near future that'll help out (for example, it won't let me get the "learn numbers" milestone until after I've got the "learn letters" milestone which... you can't learn letters until you have max thinking skill, at which point you can no longer do the learn numbers interaction :frowning: )
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Once your infant can eat finger foods, does that mean they can grab food from off the counters and feed themselves like toddlers?
    > @Future said:
    > Once your infant can eat finger foods, does that mean they can grab food from off the counters and feed themselves like toddlers?

Alas, no. They still need to be fed by a grownup
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    > @Future said:
    > Once your infant can eat finger foods, does that mean they can grab food from off the counters and feed themselves like toddlers?

Alas, no. They still need to be fed by a grownup

Ahhhh. So much for infant independence lol
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    > @sennawales said:
    > If this is the complete list, now's the annoying part of having to find out how many there are for toddlers, children, and teens...

I'm working on it, but the toddler milestones are super bugged and I can't seem to actually get half of them. I'm keeping my eye on a few bug reports regarding toddler milestones, so hopefully there's a hotfix in the near future that'll help out (for example, it won't let me get the "learn numbers" milestone until after I've got the "learn letters" milestone which... you can't learn letters until you have max thinking skill, at which point you can no longer do the learn numbers interaction :frowning: )

Yes, I've had problems with getting the "Max out movement skill" on two different toddlers, I had to cheat the skill level down and then up again to receive the milestone.
    Happy simming!
    > @Future said:
    > Ahhhh. So much for infant independence lol

I mean, it makes sense in the Life Simulation world. After all, infants are aged 6 months to maybe 2yrs, and toddlers are 2yrs to 5yrs, so it's already a bit hinkey that your under fives are just carrying around plates of food, having your under 2s do it is a heckin stretch :P
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Have they listed any cheats for Growing Together yet? I would love to know if there was a way to cheat milestones incase I ran into the disappearing milestones bug, or it simply glitched out in the first place.
    I've not spotted any GT cheats yet except the ability to cheat the infant/toddler quirk traits. It's also not in the current version of MCCC or other tuning mods that I can tell (yet) - whether anyone's developing that I also don't know but I will post here if I spot it