Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    @JBAG521 Heeeeeey! So glad to hear from you and wow that sounds super exciting, good luck at work btw! Taking off the day of release is a smart idea and I may need to do that too *cough*
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    @OJenn I have a feeling quite a few people will be "sick" on release day haha
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Having watched a few early access videos, I’m so excited!! But I won’t have any gameplay time until the weekend, and I’m still a little unsure about getting the pack while there still might be a lot of bugs or glitches. On the other hand, I really want to play with the pack because it looks so cool!!! But I can’t take the day off when it’s released 😔.
    Having watched a few early access videos, I’m so excited!! But I won’t have any gameplay time until the weekend, and I’m still a little unsure about getting the pack while there still might be a lot of bugs or glitches. On the other hand, I really want to play with the pack because it looks so cool!!! But I can’t take the day off when it’s released 😔.

I'm a sucker for new shinies lol. The good news is it looks like there is currently a sale until the 23rd?
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member

Same here, with the exception that I couldn't wait and preordered the pack ahahah :D
    I'm just sad I'll have to wait a few days for the mods to catch up. I'll be able to play with the free update tomorrow but for the pack... I'll have to wait till the weekend :bawling:
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    I have the day off because of a doctor appointment, but my game won't update :tired_face: I probably won't play until the pack releases, I mainly just want to know if my visual mods are broken or not :lol:
    @Kiwicantdie @tipsycowplant From what I've read, most mods and a lot of CC is likely to be broken.

My little one is having a nap so I'm going to start on Floorplan A while I have some time (maybe 20 more minutes? haha).
    I have the day off because of a doctor appointment, but my game won't update :tired_face: I probably won't play until the pack releases, I mainly just want to know if my visual mods are broken or not :lol:

I would keep an eye out here for broken mods
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    MCCC has been updated and Whim Overhaul is fine. All of my graphics/visual mods are fine, as are my small bug fix mods (though I took one out cause the bug was fixed in the patch). I'm waiting to see if Sim Spawn Overhaul needs an update before I put it back, but otherwise I'm good to go :sunglasses: I'm still waiting to play with infants til the pack releases though. Thankfully I have work to keep me busy tomorrow lol
    I loaded my save and aged up some newborns just to see a bit and so far I love it. Even it it was only 30 minutes :lol:
    Has anyone determined the new amount of days in each age span? When I played on the weekend, after I took out MCCC and then put it back in again, Xantara and her spouse both had 51 days listed rather than the 35 days that I set MCCC to. I think infants are 5 days but no one on the videos has listed any of the other ages.
  • WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2023

Generation 5
    Chapter 3

Final Chapter for Gen 5!

I'll make it short and sweet because I'm already on Gen 6. I obviously won't be able to be done in time but I'm playing on short life span and will hopefully be done with this challenge soon.

First up, we have our lovely heir:
    rZO4FjJ.png

But let me focus on his brother for a moment. He went ahead and dated Nea's best friend.
    KH3fHIH.png

It got serious pretty quick, so he popped the question. She said yes.
    5hT1Pmy.png

He moved in with her and when they came to visit, Nova was happy with the news.
    ZYmn5TB.png

Little Nea grew up as well and started dating this fella (he's from the gallery).
    bGYDXNZ.png
    sPeTp4B.png

Keiran however also found the love of his life. She already lived in an apartment, so he moved in with her.
    lyYv1zq.png

And that's a wrap.
    I'll come back with a brief summary of his life as I'm on the next Gen already :D

edit: I don't know how to find the link for the gallery. I've uploaded Nova but I don't see a link unfortunately :(
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
  • Army008Army008 Posts: 141 Member
    Here is a little update from my game. Holly and Matthew had their baby girl Claire
    52750403615_ddc38cf0b4_k.jpgClaire1 by Savannah To, on Flickr
    Damien aged up into a teen.
    52750411370_c31a6f2890_k.jpg03-15-23_6-54-38 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    Holly was always good at helping Damien with his homework and projects.
    52750485748_b04115bd55_k.jpg02-26-23_5-18-38 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    And as for Claire, she is a daddy's girl all the way, Matthew, plays with her, tucks her into bed and has conversations with her all the time.
    52750237684_1a08b0c3af_k.jpg02-26-23_4-29-12 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    52750403690_bc274c635b_k.jpg02-26-23_4-54-40 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    52750403690_bc274c635b_k.jpg02-26-23_4-54-40 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    On Damien's first day of school was the first time he shaved, and Claire was so tired from playing and hanging out with her parents that she took a nap on the floor.
    52750403660_8d4aacac3b_k.jpg03-15-23_5-15-48 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    52750485718_5b763f4ea1_k.jpg03-15-23_5-29-15 PM by Savannah To, on Flickr
    I started on Plan A yesterday/last night but can't get the foundation or roof to work for the life of me and I just dont have the patience, so the house is more similar than exact haha

Are we still using the founders from Page 1?
    JBAG521 wrote: »
    I started on Plan A yesterday/last night but can't get the foundation or roof to work for the life of me and I just dont have the patience, so the house is more similar than exact haha

Are we still using the founders from Page 1?

We are making our own founders for this one but you can definitely use any of the ones shown on main page if you'd like too :)

@Wentcrazy - All those cute couples ♥ Kieran and Iza look cozy already. Is that kiss animation new? I don't think I have seen it before.

For links you'll need to be on the gallery here to share those.

@Army008 - I love Claire's blue eyes she is adorable! Matthew seems like such a good dad to her too.
    edited March 2023
    Well I have finished Plan A for San Sequoia and well...lets just say I really need to work on my roofing skills :joy:

JBVQO.jpg
    JBVQS.jpg

Overall it looks ok and I planning to start the interior soon which means I will probably be able to play on Sunday since I have plans tonight and tomorrow.
    @OJenn Omg! It looks SO good!! Mine looks absolutely nothing like that :#

It's downloading now, and as soon as I drop my daughter off at my in-laws I'm ready to play!

Also debating getting HSY and MWS seeing as they're on sale and who knows when they'll be added to the Create-A-Bundle.
    Why does it seem like everyone is going to be moving to San Sequoia? I feel Iike the odd one out 🤣. Since we can do our own founders for that town, I can’t decide whether I’ll wait and choose a kid from gen 11 to take across to San Sequoia or start it earlier than that with the heir from another save. After I finish off a couple of other challenges that is, anyway! I’m going to get GrowTog tomorrow hopefully - have had a migraine for three days and it finally seems to be easing off - and test it with my cottage living family. They have four girls already, two of them about to age into children, and mum is two semesters pregnant so she’s the closest to giving birth out of all of my saves. With four kids to help out too, that might make running a farm and looking after an infant a little easier 🤣

Oh, I’ve found out the age spans for normal length - newborn 2 days, infant 5 days, toddler 8 days, child 14 days, teen 21 days, YA 28 days, adult 42 days, elder 18 days (although I’m not sure about that one). I’ll do a slight bit of adjusting with MCCC, taking a day off the first three ages to span 12 days total, have kids at 13 or 14 days, and teens at 13 or 14 as well. That roughly fits the length of time in the real world - newborn to toddler 5 years, child 7 years, teen 6 years. And YAs will get 35 days since we’ve now got extra time that the infants need to grow.

@JBAG521 - definitely get HSY; since the teens missed out in this pack, it does add more things that they can do and experience, and I’ve found that it’s a great way for the teens to meet future spouses, especially if you have a mod where you can choose who goes to the high school! Hopefully, that mod didn’t break with the new update and pack!! And I know what you mean about getting the roof right!

@Wentcrazy - great pics! Good to see all the kids ended up with spouses; I’m looking forward to seeing how their kids turn out.

@Army008 - house looks great! Nice kids too - I see Damien takes after his mother 😆. I used Holly in my save and she was a good spouse, and most of the kids ended up with her hair colour!

@OJenn - the house looks pretty good! I have a lot of trouble with roofs as well so when I post the first couple of updates for Strangerville with the gen 1 house, don’t look too closely at the roofing 🤣.
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm here for my first super-fast update and then I'm jumping back into the game to enjoy some Growing Together time :tongue: I'll come back to comment on your posts tomorrow since I forgot to do so before locking myself in a sims 4 marathon :sweat_smile:
    I've also noticed that forum etiquette changed a bit in my past non-active year, so I'll make ample use of spoiler spaces for my pic spam dumps.

San Sequoia Gen 1 - The Goldwater-Wong Fam

I decided that to re-start this challenge once again I needed a bit of fresh air, so here are my founders: on the left - Melina Goldwater, pastel-loving geek, creative, and family-oriented spellcaster; on the right - gloomy, socially awkward loner (aka fave sim of the year :tongue: ) AJ Wong, a runaway teen that got lost in the woods of Moonwood Mill and ended up being bitten by a werewolf.

XN9mdOv.png

Pic spam inside the spoiler tag!
    A lone woman named Tasha raised Melina in the woods. I realized way too late that I have basically no good picture of them together lol

IR2aJ3o.png

By the time Melina and AJ became young adults, Tasha took in one more abandoned baby. I guess the woods of Moonwood Mill are a beacon for orphans or something. That lot felt very fitting for this type of gameplay. Tasha named the baby Cornelius and I guess we'll see more of them in future updates, especially for family reunions.

oCKWUPN.png

Melina has always been much more obsessed with cooking and baking than with learning magic. I was planning to have her open a bakery in San Sequoia but money is a bit of an issue.

M7ov3Nw.png

AJ spent most of her teen years trying to settle in, but her loner werewolf spirit kept her out of the house most of the time.

8PZnZws.png

Melina realized she had a huge crush on AJ very early on, but befriending/romancing socially awkward AJ was an absolute nightmare (I love this trait but Christ I wasn't ready for it to be THAT difficult). I have like 10.000 pics of any date they went on failing dramatically, but I'll spare you the spam.

ezTm8Hv.png

There were like 98274312763123 failed attempts of a first kiss, with consequent depletion of their romance & friendship bars lol.

HUYr6ro.png

But ultimately AJ warmed up to this pastel-loving weird girl.

WVSSMtf.png

They went to their last prom as girlfriends <3 (as a European, I get what prom is but I have no idea what AJ is wearing lol)

8LHi9Dr.png

Even their first proposal was a huge failure. AJ tried to ask Melina to marry her during a full moon and ended up transforming right then and there. Melina might be smiling here but 0.5 seconds later she was bolting away screaming all across the woods. I almost 🐸🐸🐸🐸 myself laughing when that happened, it felt... incredibly fitting, for this couple :joy:

LEy3HXv.png

They did end up getting married, tho, in a default lot in Tartosa. God I love that world so much, I would have died if it were bigger.

WgPGAaJ.png

There was basically no one there besides them, considering that they grew up in the woods and didn't know anybody to invite. But it was perfect nonetheless.

zCslDqM.png

afoEcpK.png

They bumped their heads when they tried to kiss LOL I died once again-

x1JhlKm.png

A huge cake just for them.

pZPzHzE.png

Aaand a couple more kisses with AJ always turned in this direction 'cause I'm obsessed with her tattoos lol

U0frhZ1.png

xQmt682.png

They just got a huge loan from a bank to move into their home in San Sequoia. And, since they share similar aspirations (Melina has the Big Happy Family and AJ the Super Parent), there are science babies already on their way :tongue:

Here is the house I built for them. I went with floor plan A and along the way I almost wanted to roblox myself :sweat_smile:

xLkpQCq.png

More under the spoiler.
    The roof just made me go insane. In the end I was so frustrated that I ended up making a few minor changes because the clipping was ruining rooms in the second floor. Overall, I'm still satisfied with the end result but boy of boy was I super rusty after more than a year of non-building :cold_sweat:

TBMZp1l.png

txd2WQJ.png

Tactical trees to hide the horror :joy:

bqcVeTJ.png

E9pvXNw.png

The inside is a work in progress, 'cause I run out of funds pretty soon.

ju8JDCW.png

XZqJJzm.png

rZfTu7M.png

iYqelDw.png

s9WzqU0.png

z84KuB2.png
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
    @Kiwicantdie its BEAUTIFUL! Just wait until you see mine :# not even close to happy with it, but I cant seem to make it any better without wanting to throw my pc out the window :D
    @MayaRose1138 - Join us in San Sequoia! Thank you for the info on lifespans, I know I'll definitely be Changing that ASAP now that MC Command Center is updated

@Kiwicantdie - I still don't quite understand the forum etiquette change but good on you for making use of the spoiler tag ❤️ Boy oh boy did your founders have a rocky start. Your house turned out so good too!!

@JBAG521 - Aww thank you! I think we're all dusting off the rust building again :lol:
    @Kiwicantdie - what a lovely backstory! Is your couple considered compatible or not with the new system of compatibility? I feel like I should apologise for choosing a floor plan with such a trouble-making roof! I didn’t consider that when picking them, just the size of the houses and what they looked like.

@OJenn - one possible founder for San Sequoia is just about to age to child in the cottage living save(incidentally, we haven’t done anything about adding HoB into the challenge!). She is the youngest of identical twins and her name is Isolde. She is the granddaughter of Morgyn Ember and daughter of Aspen and Morgyn’s daughter Avalon. Older sisters are Morgana, Guinevere and Igraine, and younger sister about to be born is Branwen. I’ll play her through to at least teen and get some traits happening for her, and hopefully find her a spouse before she moves towns. Then I’ll have three of these challenges on the go 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
    edited March 2023
    So I spent the better part of last night playing only to realize I had created my founder on a new save :cry: Luckily I still had my other save so I am going to move her over to that one and try again. I knew something had to wrong when I saw the Landgraabs and Goths lol

Anyway here is my founder Maddison, I haven't decided if I want her to have a spouse right away or if I want her to rough it for a bit to build up B)
    JC1fd.png
    edited March 2023
    @OJenn - Maddison looks cute! I've never seen that hairstyle before so I'm assuming it's cc (unless I just haven't been paying attention in CAS!)

While I'm waiting for GrowTog to download, I'm going to post another update for Brindleton Bay, get that little bit closer to finishing gen 5!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    edited March 2023
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.11
    Nice summery photo of the whole family now the twins are teens.
    10-01-22_2-41-30-pm.png
    Snow went for a jog before 6am and came back afraid of the dark. She screamed incoherently at Storm, who looks thoroughly bewildered by her twin's behaviour :lol:
    09-29-22_4-16-08-pm.png

The twins work on getting their skills up.
    09-29-22_4-14-10-pm.png
    09-30-22_12-54-17-pm.png

Emerson got the news that his grandmother Dove had passed away, and went around to comfort his mother Mabel.
    09-30-22_1-03-01-pm.png
    09-30-22_1-05-07-pm.png

Then Emerson and Rose went hiking in Mt Komorebi to continue working on his aspiration. At this point, I think he only had to get attacked three times or something. Rose wasn't very pleased that some of the creatures were attacking her instead!!
    09-30-22_1-25-08-pm.png
    09-30-22_1-24-20-pm.png
    09-30-22_1-26-52-pm.png
    09-30-22_1-28-51-pm.png
    09-30-22_1-47-04-pm.png

Alpine got sick and Emerson had to treat him.
    09-30-22_2-19-46-pm.png

Aspen invited Molly over and told her about his crush but she let him down gently, saying she wasn't interested in boys. Then she spent some time playing video games with Winter as that's the person in the family that Molly has a crush on :heart: .
    09-30-22_2-27-53-pm.png
    10-01-22_2-40-10-pm.png

So Aspen turned his sights on Naomi Holmby and asked her to Prom. She agreed! Storm asked Joon-Gi to Prom and he happily accepted.
    10-01-22_1-07-42-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-08-52-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-17-01-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-20-45-pm.png

Winter and Molly are now besties!
    10-01-22_1-26-58-pm.png

Aspen got promoted to Level 2 in cheerleading and took his whole family (except for Snow, who was working) to the competition. The family team scored 250 points and won! Emerson was still the best one there :lol:
    10-01-22_1-42-42-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-43-03-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-43-39-pm.png
    10-01-22_1-44-00-pm.png

The next day, Joon-Gi asked Storm out on a date. There were major issues with this as he left only a short time into the date. Then he called again and invited Storm to the Bluffs but once again disappeared, so Storm had to ask him on a date for it to actually work!
    10-01-22_3-08-39-pm.png
    10-01-22_3-12-15-pm.png
    10-01-22_2-57-52-pm.png

Naomi came over for a visit. Daniel also came over but I have no pics of him showing no interest in Storm :disappointed:
    10-01-22_2-39-28-pm.png

Samson, Peyton's eldest, aged to teen so Storm went over to the gen 1 house to get the pic for the family tree. Peyton, her husband and two boys share a house with cousin Ramon, his wife and son.
    10-01-22_3-20-13-pm.png
    10-01-22_3-21-01-pm.png
    10-01-22_3-22-55-pm.png

Snow could have done her homework anywhere but decided to do it in Winter's room while the latter was sleeping!
    09-30-22_2-31-43-pm.png

Can't remember why I took this but Winter certainly seems enthusiastic about that door :lol:
    10-01-22_2-08-06-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There were a couple more teens who aged up, a lot of toddlers aging to children, and a couple more babies born. I think I've finally got the family tree updated (for some reason, it doesn't seem to update the public version of the tree automatically) so if anyone wants to see the different branches of the tree, go for it! There are a couple of spoilers in there though as to who the gen 6 kids end up with.

I've got the Prom, Aspen and Winter's birthdays, a second Prom and the twin's birthdays to go. Might take one or two more posts, I'm not sure.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top