Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder if the babies will be improved in the upcoming patch

jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
I know infants are coming, but it's a different life stage. How about the first stage? Will the babies have an improvement? Like for example, their skin tones do not match their parents sometimes.

I dunno, just wondering.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    I think we might be able to use the changing table with them as well, but don't know if there will be other improvements. I hope they give a pram for babies and infants so we can carry them outside their home lot.
  • SulSul_Angie96SulSul_Angie96 Posts: 2 New Member
    Im console player so I would love to hope babies are at least a bit improved. Being able to at least have my sims hold and sit down at the same time would be a great addition. As far as the skin tones not matching, i have actually yet to see that be a problem in my game, but if not fixed im sure it would come up at some point in a gameplay. A tad bit off topic but, since babies are being brought up, I also just would love to have an option of making pregnancies longer too, kind of like how you can set how long you want the seasons to last. I don't like the fact that its only 3 sim days long and with this new pack, baby showers are a thing now and it would just feel so rushed. Really hoping this pack or at least an update featuring such option will be added.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Hopefully any glitches with infants are finally fixed but they're probably still going to be confined to the bassinet.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    My thoughts are that the infants is a way of addressing the need for real babies that aren't tied to the bassinet without having to recode everything that has to do with babies. Therefore I am not expecting anything to change with babies.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    My thoughts are that the infants is a way of addressing the need for real babies that aren't tied to the bassinet without having to recode everything that has to do with babies. Therefore I am not expecting anything to change with babies.

This is exactly how I see it. I think freeing babies would be too difficult with too much repercussions for existing save files and gallery uploads. Infants as a new lifestage is the next best thing they could do.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    Are we even certain we'll still have the baby in the bassinet? This could be an entire game-changer event. I'm just looking forward to having Infants, and wondering if EA has more surprises for us? Not getting my hopes up, just keeping an open mind. I'm working hard to getting my current save ready. (I'm also trying to sort out if the bassinets remain how the Infant is going to spring forth from it. This could be interesting.)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    edited February 2023
    Are we even certain we'll still have the baby in the bassinet? This could be an entire game-changer event. I'm just looking forward to having Infants, and wondering if EA has more surprises for us? Not getting my hopes up, just keeping an open mind. I'm working hard to getting my current save ready. (I'm also trying to sort out if the bassinets remain how the Infant is going to spring forth from it. This could be interesting.)

I don't think the team will remove babies for the same reasons I don't think they will be freed, but we don't know for sure. I suppose we just have to wait for the livestream on March 3rd to know everything about infants.
  • CharSimsCharSims Posts: 44 Member
    Personally I’m good with babies still being in the bassinet and “aging” to a more mobile sim.
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    I’m not holding me breath if we get improvement of babies to be not attach to the bassinet. If the sims teams do try to improvement them, it might cause issue with the life stages if the sims teams try to change something in the codes. I think that why they give us infants kind of replacement of babies. But who know, maybe slim chances they probably will focus on trying to polish the skin tones & hair for babies in the future.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I think I like if the baby and infant is quite different, so I won't mind the baby to be unchanged. It makes the play more interesting when playing both, and it allows me to keep the old baby in households where I don't want to focus that much on nfants, and switch early to the infant stage in households where family life is focus. I see it as a win-win :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

I just want some new clothes and a bassinet. I'm sick of basegame bassinet (and bassinets from packs are too stylized. Realm of Magic one is cute though). I just want a normal modern bassinet.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

I just want some new clothes and a bassinet. I'm sick of basegame bassinet (and bassinets from packs are too stylized. Realm of Magic one is cute though). I just want a normal modern bassinet.

yeah new bassinets would be awesome. also I would love the whatever thingy that they put on top of a crib that the baby can watch to sleep.
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I'd like the babies to get a little bit of a makeover with better skin textures and bassinet options. Given the way infants are being implemented, I don't think there's anything can do to completely free the babies from the bassinet but I would like them to look better visually. Right now there are like a couple of skin tones assigned to all babies and it doesn't necessarily reflect their skin tone after aging into a toddler. Similarly, I babies don't have any notable hair color or eye color. I just wished genetics reflected babies the same way they do the actual life stages and they didn't look so creepy.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited February 2023
    I hope they did give the babies an update. I always wanted to be-able to rename the babies that are born when you aren't playing. They could at least add rename baby on basinet. You can't even rename babies using MCCC. Sometimes I want babies to stay babies without aging them up to rename them.
    Post edited by SnaveXs on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited February 2023
    CharSims wrote: »
    Personally I’m good with babies still being in the bassinet and “aging” to a more mobile sim.

Me too. I don’t think they will do anything with babies because it could mess up babies already in the game. But I liked the idea of being able to change a babies name on the bassinet before they grow into infants.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    They could make any changes to babies apply to new saves only. Or maybe not? I'm definitely not a coder!

It would be nice to have a few updates to them.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Hold on, I thought Infants will replace the Baby life stage, is that not the case?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hold on, I thought Infants will replace the Baby life stage, is that not the case?

no they wont
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Simmer_chiyen I believe the babies in the bassinet will remain the same and will age into infants, who in turn will age into toddlers. They are a new life stage. I am really looking forward to playing all the stages when we get the patch! Just as in life, babies will start out depending on parents for their needs. As they become infants, they will start to be able to roll over, then sit up, crawl and eventually learn to walk and talk, then grow to toddler. This is my understanding from what I have read and seen from the trailer and media. It is going to be so much fun to watch our little sims grow! :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

I never liked that all families get the same basinet for their baby. I play filthy rich households, as well as poor poor households, and especially with the latter group the default basinet feels way too fancy. I know, I can just quickly grow up the baby, but at least 2 or 3 basinet designs would be great. One rather simple and rustic (also good for historical games), the current, and perhaps one with a tad more noble touch.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Babies are being slightly improved to be not so object-y. They can't do much themselves besides scream, sleep, eat and poop, but you can do more with them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    They said there was an update so skin and eye colour matches parents genetics. Plus caregivers don't have to keep putting the baby back into the bassinet with EVERY interaction which will be great!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    It would be nice if your neighbours looked after their babies. I was doing an exorcism once and the household had four bassinet babies in it, all constantly wailing. The residents made not one move to comfort them. At the same time Social Services made multiple calls TO ME telling ME they would take away the babies if I didn't take care of them. Of course I could not take care of them because I was there to perform an exorcism, but that didn't stop the babies screaming or encourage the parents to so much as pick them up.

The whole event was such a mess that it put me off my paranormal job.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    My Sims had a few new babies recently and I noticed the issue with the skin tones not matching is still present. I was under the assumption this was fixed ages ago.