Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Got the founder’s lot and gen 1 house done and placed in world. Found a nice replacement bar and library for those lots, and a gym/spa to place down on a former residential lot. The big 50x40 lot downtown in Strangerville is going to be a community centre but I’m wondering whether to make the final lot into a space port where every heir has to build a spaceship, or maybe a museum where every heir has to contribute something.

I’m also trying to decide on which skill each generation has to pass on through the heirs. Any suggestions as to what might fit the town (like vet skill is good for Brindleton Bay)?

And I’ve narrowed down the founder’s alias to two possibilities: Seren Genesis or Xantara Genesis? Seren means “Star” and Xantara means “protector of the Earth”.
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited March 2023
    Alright, so I think I got the main page all set for now until we find out the lot names, going to get started on mates now. The new pack is almost here @MayaRose1138 @tipsycowplant @Kiwicantdie @Wentcrazy
    Got the founder’s lot and gen 1 house done and placed in world. Found a nice replacement bar and library for those lots, and a gym/spa to place down on a former residential lot. The big 50x40 lot downtown in Strangerville is going to be a community centre but I’m wondering whether to make the final lot into a space port where every heir has to build a spaceship, or maybe a museum where every heir has to contribute something.

I’m also trying to decide on which skill each generation has to pass on through the heirs. Any suggestions as to what might fit the town (like vet skill is good for Brindleton Bay)?

And I’ve narrowed down the founder’s alias to two possibilities: Seren Genesis or Xantara Genesis? Seren means “Star” and Xantara means “protector of the Earth”.

I think a museum would be a great idea for the heirs, you should totally go for it! And for Brindleton Bay I plan to go the cliche route of either planting or the vet skill
    edited March 2023
    Hmm does anyone else have an issue seeing everything in the gallery? Mine just sits there loading despite my internet being pretty decent

Update: If you guys can send me links to add to the main page for your sims I'd appreciate it. I want your sims to make up the first 5 gens of the new world challenge ♥

Post edited by OJenn on
    edited March 2023
    Short update today I flew through the last few gens :lol:

I know we are all excited about the new pack and in preparation, I set my lifespan to short to try and catch up and be at the end soon. My hen 8 heir, Ariana, ended up with @debjameswhite 's Flynn and they had a beautiful baby whom they named North. I think he really got the best of both parents JBp2n.jpg

Even his traits are perfect for the Evergreen Harbor ♥
    JBp2L.png

He even got Valedictorian because he was such a gifted kid
    JBp3d.png

He and his high school sweetheart Mae ended up moving in together after graduation and starting a family of their own.
    JBp97.jpg

I thought I had been spared the multiples curse but alas the final kids were twins: Paige and Paxton
    JBpgN.jpg

Paige is likely going to be my heir but the twins have a few days before they are teens and I can really decide.
    JBpjP.jpg
    OJenn wrote: »
    Hmm does anyone else have an issue seeing everything in the gallery? Mine just sits there loading despite my internet being pretty decent

Update: If you guys can send me links to add to the main page for your sims I'd appreciate it. I want your sims to make up the first 5 gens of the new world challenge ♥

How do I find the links? If I open things on the iPad, I can’t see any links, and I can’t even access my sims on the computer website 🤷‍♀️.
    Oh no @MayaRose1138 hmm I am not too familiar with iPad but I think if you go to the gallery and click on any sims it should give you links at the top. Usually, on the computer, it provides a pop-up (not sure if that makes sense) Once you open up the gallery you want to either type in your EA ID or just let it search for sims by changing the category to Households.

The links should be at the top of your screen where you'd type in a website.
    Screenshot_20230312-111219.png

• tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Origin was shut down recently, and some people have been having issues with the gallery/online features since. Just a heads up in case anyone's having major issues with the gallery!

@MayaRose1138 You might have to re-upload them without cc for them to show up on the website. I don't think I've ever been able to access a sim with cc on there. Since you said there isn't any cc, you can try to move your mods folder (just move it your desktop or another folder outside the Sims 4 folder) and delete the localthumbcache.package file in your Sims 4 folder, then go in-game and see if they're still tagged as cc. If its still flagged, it might be a locked piece of clothing (like a sweater from nifty knitting or the unlockable thrift store clothes from high school years) that the game thinks is cc. I've had that issue with nifty knitting before.

@OJenn I'll upload my sims after the pack releases so I can give them makeovers :sweat_smile: I also have to pick which ones I'm going to use for founders, since we're making our own this time. I love that idea btw!

North is so cute! He reminds me of Arun Bheeda from City Living who is one of my all-time favorite pre-mades :blush:

@Kiwicantdie I love your founders! I can't wait to see what supernatural shenanigans they get up to :naughty:
    edited March 2023
    Origin was shut down recently, and some people have been having issues with the gallery/online features since. Just a heads up in case anyone's having major issues with the gallery!

Oh my goodness I totally didn't tie the two together, that makes so much sense!!
    @OJenn I'll upload my sims after the pack releases so I can give them makeovers :sweat_smile: I also have to pick which ones I'm going to use for founders, since we're making our own this time. I love that idea btw!
    And no rush, I was tempted to make the first 5 gens all townies but everyone here has such great sims so I want to use them ♥
    Post edited by OJenn on
    Finally decided on a career for Xantara - since she was a secret alien agent helping discover the Strangerville mystery, why not have that as a career? Also, going with the museum idea, each generation is going to work on a collection rather than an inherited skill, and display it in the local museum. So I’ll probably aim for paintings, sky and moon prints, and two or three other collections. I’m thinking of getting Jungle Adventures at some point this year, so that might end up being one. And each heir will have their portrait displayed in the museum too.

@tipsycowplant - I’ll try that tip this afternoon, see if I can get Kailyn uploaded properly. And see if there’s a few other sims I can upload from other saves.
    @OJenn Maybe you could make the second gen gene pool mates townies? That way if someone speeds through the first gen, they can keep going without waiting for our sims :lol: Plus I think it would be fun to use one of the premades for one generation - the sims team has gotten a lot better about making them interesting and giving them lore and all :smile:

@MayaRose1138 I love secret agent for her!! And I love the idea of completing a collection each generation and having a family museum! I might have to steal that idea myself lol.
    edited March 2023
    I got too excited and I am working on building shells for the Founders Plot of San Sequoia :lol: I can't decide @MayaRose1138 did such a good job picking these houses!!

JBza4.jpg
    Post edited by OJenn on
    edited March 2023
    @Ojenn - I’m pleased you like the plans! I basically went through and picked the ones I would like to try building 🤣. Btw, I’ve managed to put Kailyn up without any cc (she originally had a cc top and the game still registered that when I tried to separate her from the rest of the family). I’ve also found four others - surnames Jones, Shipley, Goth (Bellamy) and Barnes. They’re up on my gallery site, no cc. Btw, Bellamy is one of the most gorgeous sims I’ve ever had in game and I’m waiting for the opportunity to use her in a save of her own 🥰. Incidentally, a couple of the sims are spellcasters. I couldn’t delete that occult status in CAS so if people don’t want to use that, they’ll have to cheat that away.

@tipsycowplant - thank you, that trick worked very nicely! I’ll have to remember that when saving sims to the gallery.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    I've decided to use Nova Curious and Lewis Sancho from the Stuck in their Shadow scenario for my founders! I've wanted to play that scenario forever, so this gives me a good excuse :lol: Here's my make-over of Nova:

nova-1-v2.png

I also built the floorplan B shell -- the roof was such a pain but it looks okay I think :lol:

Front -
    2023-03-13_00-28-34-891_oshinsimplesim.png

Back (I might try to do something different with the back porch so it's not literally identical to the front :tongue: ) -
    2023-03-13_00-28-48-619_oshinsimplesim.png

Overview -
    2023-03-13_00-29-37-950_oshinsimplesim.png
    @tipsycowplant - Nova looks like an interesting character! What is the Stuck in the Shadows scenario? (I don’t use them much so I don’t know if that’s a normal scenario or something different). The house plan looks good too! I can’t wait to see how yours and @OJenn’s houses turn out!
    Btw, I’m planning on doing Sulani at some point and I like version 2 of the founders. I’ve already used some of the floor plans when building houses for Emerson relations who live in Sulani. All of them will need nurseries now though, as will the ones in Brindleton. I also want to do San Sequoia (as I have one half of the founding couple in mind) but I can’t do too many at a time! I have a challenge save from over on Boolprop (onto the 3rd and last generation), and my own cottage living challenge (whose heir I would be taking to do the San Sequoia legacy), and once I finished them, I might be able to start something else 😆.
    edited March 2023
    @MayaRose1138 The Stuck In Their Shadow scenario is like a little in-game story you can play through. It starts with you playing Nova Curious who has just "graduated university" (she doesn't actually have a degree sadly) and wants to join the tech guru career. She has a rival from school named Lewis Sancho who always showed her up, and he also works in the tech guru career. He antagonizes her as she tries to get promotions and complete all of the story goals (like stargazing - she's related to the Curious brothers from Sims 2, who were a bunch of nerdy scientists raising an alien baby). As you play out the story, you can be mean to Lewis and make him your enemy or make amends and become friends or even lovers. Obviously I'm going for the lovers option cause I want them to be my founders :sweat_smile:

Wow that's a lot of challenges! I'm only doing two right now -- this one and my globetrotter challenge on tumblr. I really want to do a lepacy (a legacy but each generation is focused on a specific expansion pack), but I'm not going to let myself start it until after I finish the globetrotter challenge cause three is just too much for me to keep track of :lol:

edit to add -- I fixed the back porch situation lol

2023-03-13_02-03-29-038_oshinsimplesim.png
    @tipsycowplant - that sounds like an interesting scenario. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out with the new attraction system 😏.

I’ve decided I’m combining my Strangerville challenge with a version of the Name Game one, where you have to give the kids names based on the heir’s name (ie. Xantara will have five kids that will start with x, a, n, t, and r respectively). You’ve no idea how hard it is to find alien names that start with n, t or r!! I’ve played through that enough to get Xantara pregnant with her first child. In Brindleton Bay, Storm isn’t pregnant yet but I think she’ll be the first one I do the play through with - after I’ve established that my game isn’t going to break 🤣.
    edited March 2023
    @tipsycowplant the house turned out so gooooooood! I still struggle with roofing :lol: you would think after all this time I would be a pro by now, that's currently what I am trying to nail down before the pack is out :grimace:

@MayaRose1138 - I added two of your sims to the main page too! I am going to work on creating a few as well and leave Gen 4 for @tipsycowplant 's sims ♥
    @OJenn - just seen an early access video with the lot names!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006996/early-access-for-growing-together-monday-3-13/p2.

First video in the page, by EnglishSimmer. She seems to be going through the lots one by one.
    @OJenn - just seen an early access video with the lot names!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1006996/early-access-for-growing-together-monday-3-13/p2.

First video in the page, by EnglishSimmer. She seems to be going through the lots one by one.

Thanks so much for posting! Watching it now and realizing I might need to switch up some of the lots :lol:
    So I guess we are doing a 9 gen challenge, I didn't realize one of the lots is a rental lot :sweat_smile:
    @OJenn I vote to turn the rental lot into a residential and keep it a 10-gen challenge :lol: If anyone really wants to have a rental lot in the world, they could turn one of the previous gen houses into a rental.
    @OJenn I vote to turn the rental lot into a residential and keep it a 10-gen challenge :lol: If anyone really wants to have a rental lot in the world, they could turn one of the previous gen houses into a rental.

Is there a cheat to change the lot type? I went to Selvadorado just to see if I could but I don't have the option ;_; or I missed it completely lol
    @OJenn Yup they unlocked the rental lot type for all worlds *except* Granite Falls and Selvadorada. So you can put rentals in any world, or change pre-existing rentals to any other lot type. But sadly Granite Falls and Selvadorada are still locked :bawling:
    @OJenn Yup they unlocked the rental lot type for all worlds *except* Granite Falls and Selvadorada. So you can put rentals in any world, or change pre-existing rentals to any other lot type. But sadly Granite Falls and Selvadorada are still locked :bawling:

Ok whew! Thanks for the info, with that I have updated the lot names for the main page and I am diving back into building mode ♥ I am sooooo excited for the new world :)
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Hello everyone!!

I have played once in the past.....year? Like most of you, I have definitely been busy, but not quite as busy as @Francisca464! I too have a little one (7 month old daughter) and I am unexpectedly returning to work in a month. I was supposed to be on leave until September (by choice), but an opportunity came up at work that I just couldn't turn down so I've been madly rushing around trying to get day care and day care stuff and work stuff sorted in the short time that I have.

I am ridiculously excited for this expansion pack. It's all I've been talking about for a month now haha. I've even organised for my in-laws to have my daughter for the day on Friday so I can play in peace! I've missed you guys and missed being a part of this challenge. I've never finished any of them, but this time I am determined.

I'm hoping that High School Years and Wedding Stories get added to the Create A Bundle thing before the sale ends so I can get those as well. I'm also looking at the kits - do you guys have any that you absolutely love?

I hope you're all doing well x

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top