Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm speculating again, possible OR refresh

It's no secret that I have been hoping for an Outdoor Retreat refresh, so this could just be me seeing what I want to see however...

Bird watching- turns out that bird watching is not coming with growing together as many thought bc of the GT image of the kid with the bird watching bubble. A guru confirmed this feature is not coming now but might be a good idea for the future. Perhaps this is a hint for future content. Bird watching has been requested several times as a feature for an Outdoor Retreat refresh... maaaaaybe it's a hint.

Comments

• Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    It's no secret that I have been hoping for an Outdoor Retreat refresh, so this could just be me seeing what I want to see however...

Bird watching- turns out that bird watching is not coming with growing together as many thought bc of the GT image of the kid with the bird watching bubble. A guru confirmed this feature is not coming now but might be a good idea for the future. Perhaps this is a hint for future content. Bird watching has been requested several times as a feature for an Outdoor Retreat refresh... maaaaaybe it's a hint.

can you link the original post here? I wish we can catch insects everwhere in the coming refresh
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member

can you link the original post here? I wish we can catch insects everwhere in the coming refresh

I don't use Twitter or tik tok so I'm not sure how to find the image now. It was one of the first images posted about the pack. Iron Seagull on YouTube made a video about stuff gurus posted and I saw the info about what the gurus said there.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I don't use Twitter or tik tok so I'm not sure how to find the image now. It was one of the first images posted about the pack. Iron Seagull on YouTube made a video about stuff gurus posted and I saw the info about what the gurus said there.

You can offer a youtube link as well. I can't find this because he releases too many videos about the new pack
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    https://youtu.be/wmJlgeHVYx4

At 5:28 she shows the image I'm talking about. Once I find the discussion from the guru about possible future bird watching I will post it.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

If bird watching is not coming with this EP, then what are they watching in the EP promo, and why feature it so prominently? Do we even have binoculars in the game?

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrop-assets.ea.com%2Fimages%2F61GS7fOsyAzFzDBcPfZSEY%2Fa3b8fcc21d845e20540318c97799c7f5%2FTS4_Growing-Together_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_01.jpg&w=1920&q=75
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I was wondering the same thing about the binoculars. We don't have them as far as I know. It may just be an animation that happens randomly when they are taking a walk on the paths and not a separate activity to do on its own.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »

If bird watching is not coming with this EP, then what are they watching in the EP promo, and why feature it so prominently? Do we even have binoculars in the game?

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdrop-assets.ea.com%2Fimages%2F61GS7fOsyAzFzDBcPfZSEY%2Fa3b8fcc21d845e20540318c97799c7f5%2FTS4_Growing-Together_Media-Hero-Tile_16x9_01.jpg&w=1920&q=75

They're nature watching. I remember the guru saying that. It was either Morgan or Nova that said that on Twitter.
  • Options
    MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    Rumour is it started out as nature watching but ended up as a new kind of death. Death by birds like in the Alfred 🐸🐸🐸🐸 film. Look out for the new climbing frame in the pack. When your sim is not looking the birds all flock to it and bide their time…
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited March 2023
    Sims are not particularly bird watching. A guru confirmed it was from the walking path which I'm assuming is a hike . I guess sims stop and check out the view. Sims do similar things on the hike in Mt Komorebi

She did say under that tweet it would be a good idea for the future but I don't particularly see it as a hint. And as much as I love the refresh we got I personally don't think they are going to do more. I would love to be surprised though. Nothing is impossible.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Yes it’s just the hike I think. In snowy escape they stop and pull out a map, and here they seem to pull out binoculars and look at birds. I think it’s an animation, like texting on their phone.