Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding Worlds Vol. 2

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Just got Storm and Snow aged up to YA in my game so I’m really going to have to get around to posting more updates! Actually managed to find spouses for all the kids this generation, so yay for that! Storm’s took a bit of sorting out but I think it will work out fine. Four weeks until infants and I won’t be able to stretch this save out for that long so I’ll have to swap to another save while I wait 😆.

@Wentcrazy - glad you went for Nova - she was my favourite too. The toddlers look cute and I really like Kieran’s hairstyle. I try and have three pregnancies and three kids for each generation but in two generations now, the last pregnancy has been twins. I haven’t had triplets yet but I figure my game is waiting for the infant update and then give me three babies at once to test the new gameplay on 🤣🤣.

@OJenn - you’re welcome :smiley:
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hi guys, popping in for a quick hello. I haven't been anywhere near my game in well over a year I think, or maybe not thát long, but long! (OK I just looked back and it has been thát long... maybe 1.5 years even! I'm baffled) Lots of stuff has happened. I bought a house, got married, had a son. So yeah, we've been busy :joy: I have suffered a bit from postpartum depression, and I'm still adjusting to life with a child, so I have no idea when I'll be back. But I did want to let you know I'mm still alive :wink: Hope you guys are all doing great and now that I'm going through the thread, I think I might wanna at least read some stuff when the little one is asleep! :heart:
  • OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    So happy to hear from you @Francisca464 Being a new mom is definitely an adjustment but you've totally got this!
    @MayaRose1138 - For some I don't see Kaylin :( I was getting ready to add my list but this is all I see when I search
    JA3m7.png

edited February 2023
    OJenn wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 - For some I don't see Kaylin :( I was getting ready to add my list but this is all I see when I search
    JA3m7.png
    That’s weird because I know I have more than that due to the baby challenge I did on Boolprop. Heading into my game right now to see what’s happening...

Edit: it might be that you have to click Include Custom Content. She shows up fine in my catalog when I do that but not otherwise. I swear she isn’t actually wearing any cc but for some reason, it keeps saying she does.
    edited February 2023
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.09
    If their parents aren't home, the girls can go do their homework at the high school while Aspen is at cheerleading.
    09-23-22_5-04-49-pm.png

Almost the whole family eating together. Aspen's beard is already showing signs of growing out of control!!
    09-24-22_1-43-35-pm.png

Then all too soon, it's Winter's birthday! She rolled Snob and the appropriate aspiration, Fabulously Wealthy :lol: She has Emerson's eye shape, Rose's nose, and Grandpa Cohen's mouth - a good mix.
    09-24-22_1-50-06-pm.png
    09-24-22_2-05-18-pm.png

Straight onto the treadmill to work on her final scout badge. When she gets that, Winter will get a job as a Barista.
    09-24-22_2-15-29-pm.png

Of course, the cats always want attention. Fifi is even levitating in order to be closer :lol:
    09-24-22_2-23-11-pm.png

Molly Prescott came over in the middle of the day (why wasn't she at school?) and Winter immediately got a crush on her. Just as long as she doesn't tell Aspen, who also has a crush on Molly, but at least Winter is more likely to get a date with her!
    09-24-22_2-35-58-pm.png

Bedroom makeover.
    09-24-22_2-38-13-pm.png
    09-24-22_2-38-29-pm.png

Cheerleading event! I didn't know family members could join in if teen or older, so Emerson and Winter all tried to help Aspen out.
    Emerson, with level 10 fitness, was fantastic. Everyone else.... well... Meanwhile, Snow and Storm just ignored everyone and did their own thing.
    09-24-22_2-54-57-pm.png
    09-24-22_2-56-09-pm.png
    09-24-22_3-12-48-pm.png
    09-24-22_3-10-54-pm.png

Selfie of the oldest teens!
    09-24-22_3-46-54-pm.png

And another trip back to Mt Komorebi for Emerson's aspiration. I think he basically just had to skill up in snowboarding, plus get attacked by 3 creatures on a nature walk to go. Aspen and Winter hated snowboarding/skiing and stopped as soon as possible but the twins loved it!
    09-24-22_4-20-55-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-34-23-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-26-55-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-27-55-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-26-18-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-29-44-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-28-27-pm.png

Emerson kept working on his climbing skill too.
    09-24-22_4-31-10-pm.png

Not sure why Aspen's not happy in this pic...
    09-24-22_4-36-32-pm.png

Going on a nature walk. Neither Aspen or Winter seem too happy about this!
    09-24-22_4-40-00-pm.png
    09-24-22_4-44-05-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Next time, Snow and Storm finally become teens! Interestingly, Storm is the only heir not to get all four kids aspirations so far - have they become harder to get or did I just drop the ball on this?? Btw, so excited that we're finally getting some new aspirations for kids!!! It looks like one for each skill (mental, creative, social and motor), so will be pleased that we're going to get some more variety for the kids!!

Family tree updates: babies - Blaze had Dustin; Aidan had Evelyn.
    big lot of children had birthdays:
    cousins-child.png
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    edited February 2023
    Been investigating starting another save for this challenge after I’ve finished one of my other saves, and was thinking of doing the Strangerville one starting with the alien (I have a vague idea of a storyline to do with her). It took me a while but I managed to download her but I have to say, her alien hair under the Everyday category might be broken as no matter what I use, it has pink streaks in it. The rest of the categories are fine. I’m planning on starting her on the trailer lot then moving her to the founders lot when she marries.

Questions though: does she just pick a townie as a spouse as there’s none listed for gen 1? And there’s a couple of other residential lots in Strangerville - what should be done with them?

Also, just a suggestion - since we have founders that fit into the main worlds this challenge started with, should there be two more - one for San Sequoia and one for Tartosa?
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
  • KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    I'm so ready to start this challenge again, with the new pack :*
    Guess I'll try to prepare a new save and catch up with your updates till the EP drops.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Army008Army008 Posts: 141 Member
    Hi everyone just popping in to say hi and catch up on reading everyone's progress. The last few months have been busy for me and my family I have successfully updated my game and I am going to go play and see where I left off.
    Just finished watching the livestream (had to break it up into parts because of a lingering migraine - day four now but not as bad as days one and two 🤕).
    This is going to be so good!!!!!!! Milestones for each generation, midlife crisis aspirations, new aspirations for kids that are multi-skill (which they didn’t go too much into), lots of new CAS and Build/Buy. I’m already planning a replacement to the wedding venue lot in Brindleton Bay with a community centre and updating the park to have a splash pad! I think the gen 6 lot has enough room for a treehouse 🥰. Things like the cribs being able to be changed into toddler beds is a nice touch. It didn’t say much on how the days in each stage have changed but I’m guessing by the calendar maybe 1 day baby, 4-5 days infants, 7 or more days toddler, and I’m not sure for the other ones. There’s also going to be family dynamics that you can set in CAS but can also change within the game, and YAs and above can gain up to three extra personality traits for a total of six!! And you can set likes/dislikes for conversations as well as behaviours/traits, so that an active sim might dislike a lazy sim on sight 😆. Not sure what that’s going to mean for my gen 6 couple as they don’t have any traits in common...

Has anyone else seen the livestream? What do you think?
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    @MayaRose1138 I watched it live, and I'm excited for all the same things you are! I think this pack will be AMAZING for this challenge and legacies in general. I'm especially excited for the mid-life crisis, because it had actual goals to achieve (I figured they'd just do it like the child "phase" traits which are kinda lame lol). I'm also super excited for the compatibility stuff! It'll make finding friends/romantic partners much more interesting!
    @MayaRose1138 & @tipsycowplant after watching the livestream I'm sooooo excited about the new EP :# I have to jump in game asap and start preparing a new save file to start this challenge anew. If I understood correctly (I might be mistaken 'cause I read way too fast last time), you're also starting the challenge again? How are you all preparing?
    KEBB11a.png
    @Kiwicantdie - I’m continuing my save as I’m just up to gen 6! Never completed a legacy save before (got up to gen 7 in sims 3) so I’m determined 😆. I’ll change the park though, and replace the wedding venue with a rec centre so the whole family can have something to do on outings (ohh, just realised I could place a community garden on that lot too!).

But also thinking of starting a second one in StrangerVille to play with alien infants!!!! Got the starter trailer and gen 1 house both organised, and have nearly planned out what lots I’d have in the world. Looked through the blueprints and there’s a gen 2 house that I love but not sure my building skills are up to it!
    edited March 2023
    @Kiwicantdie I'm just waiting impatiently to start a new save when the pack drops :sweat_smile: I want to play in the new world, so there's not much I can do with that until we actually get the pack. I might give the Penne Sage founders a make-over, or I might make some new couples (if @OJenn wants to add more to the founders list). Otherwise I'm just waiting and hoping the pack isn't too buggy on release day :lol:
    edited March 2023
    Ok I got the urge to make some sims...possible founders or gene pool mates? :sweat_smile:

full-body.png

faces.png

edit -- I definitely want to give them makeovers with stuff from the new pack, so these are placeholder hairs/outfits for now :lol:
    I volunteer to track down some house plans for the new world... if someone can tell me what style they probably should be as I have no idea 🤣.

@tipsycowplant - nice sims! Any one of them would be good founders or spouses!
    @MayaRose1138 Thank you! I'm working on another batch of sims now, cause this really got me in the sim-making mood :lol: I believe the new world is meant to have craftsman architecture. I would google a bunch of different phrases like "small craftsman house," "large craftsman family home" "modern craftsman," "industrial craftsman," "craftsman farmhouse," etc. to get some variety. Most of the lots are 30x20, which fit 2-3 bedroom houses best. There's also one 40x30 and two 40x50 lots that you could do bigger houses on :smile:

fqva4lzxwaaffyy.jpg
  • WentcrazyWentcrazy Posts: 128 Member
    edited March 2023
    I haven't seen the live stream in any way but I'm so excited! I will probably end up playing the whole weekend and won't leave my house at all :D

@tipsycowplant I love the sims you have created. Happy to have them in the game!

But anyway, here we go with my current generation!

Generation 5
    Chapter 2

My toddler boys were finally ready to age up!

2slTgLT.png

They are both so different but I already have my favourite (and let's be honest, probably heir!). First picture shows Luca, second one is Keiran.

XMOntnP.png
    9iScl8h.png

And in game:

nOL58vV.png

Any idea who I chose as an heir?

I've played a while without taking any pictures but Nea grew up into a toddler. And honestly? I love her!
    qwUULA9.png

And right before her older brothers' birthday, she aged into a kid as well.
    DHH0kJD.png

Nea also made a best friend who unfortunately aged into a teen 2 days later:
    TXdlSqW.png

Nea in CAS:
    yWqv2LH.png

Here are the boys as teens by the way.
    Mlg7yEr.png

And since Nea's best friend was a teen as well, she befriended Luca.
    izoHFwy.png

While Nova's eldest kids were teens already, her younger sister took her time starting a family. However, she did show up looking very much pregnant.
    Little spoiler: she had triplets!!
    v8qjo7U.png

Soon it was time for Nea to age into a teen as well and Keiran took a selfie with her.
    b65i1wZ.png

I honestly love her so much (and I'm playing her a lot) but I will go with one of the boys.
    I do want to show you each of Nova's kids as teens though - soon the heir is old enough to move out and continue the legacy :D

Eldest to youngest: Luca, Keiran, Nea
    VDqWDMd.png
    9Qiyu2R.png
    DsGGo7p.png

I don't know why the freckles are changing over time but I will just pretend they have grown out of it or it depends on the season (I only have freckles in summer and none in winter myself).
    Origin ID: mrskariakay
    Family Tree Evergreen Harbor
    @Wentcrazy Nea is the CUTEST (especially as a toddler omg so cute)!! But since you're picking one of the boys for heir, I think it will be Keiran!

Here's the second batch of sims I made - again I'll most likely give them make-overs with stuff from the base game update/new pack before uploading them to the gallery :smile:

full-body-2.png

faces-2.png
    I have decided to restart the challenge with my own founders B)
    I was wondering whether to pick the same founders as you guys but I've grown way too attached to these two ahah. I'll use the mates from the gene pool once you've set them up in the future. For now I'll keep playing with these two problematic teens (spellcaster and werewolf) and have them have their "science baby" once they grow up and the EP drops.

XN9mdOv.png
    KEBB11a.png
    I swear I am here, playing catch up on everything now!
    @tipsycowplant - Loving all these sims you have created and I would love to use them as possible genepool mates! I think I want to keep things to two mates per gen, what do you guys think? Feel free to throw links at me too ♥

I definitely like the idea of Creating our own founders for this part of the challenge @Kiwicantdie

@MayaRose1138 - For Strangerville whoever you chose as a founder they can pick whichever townie they want for their spouse. That one will just be a short challenge since I wanted to have a few 5 gen options for people who can't do the full 10 gen

I don't know what happened to the Sulani mates but it looks like there is only one gen so I will try and fix that now or sometime this weekend when I get more time. I can also look for founders for San Sequoia and one for Tartosa as well :)
    @Wentcrazy - great update! All the kids look great - Nea certainly has a unique look compared to her brothers but the boys look good too! Kieran looks like he'll make a great heir :)

@tipsycowplant - more great sims! I definitely like the looks of the first one as a founder for Mt Komorebi.

@Kiwicantdie - they're so cute! If we can create our own founders for some of the towns, I have a sim in mind from the extended family who I believe would make a great founder for Tartosa. Or San Sequoia, either one :lol:

@OJenn - okay, I'll have to see who she finds as a spouse then. And give her a name other than Senior Pollenation Tech #9 :lol:. I have plans for the residential lots that won't be used in the challenge - one will be a community centre, one a swimming pool, and still deciding on the third one.

Did you get the list of possible house plans for San Sequoia? Finding ones that would fit the lots, especially two bedroom ones (most seemed to be three or four bedroom) was hard.
    Rebuilding Brindleton Bay Gen 5.10

Put under a spoiler as there's a lot of pics!
    Expressions like these are why I started to favour Storm :lol:
    09-27-22_4-15-45-pm.png

Aspen shows me why I should have picked him! He's a carbon copy of Rose though.
    09-27-22_3-33-33-pm.png

Winter got a job as a barista as she wants to make lots of money.
    09-27-22_4-34-04-pm.png

Winter's first day at school. She got along really well with Sidney Price.
    09-27-22_4-37-35-pm.png
    09-27-22_4-43-00-pm.png
    09-27-22_4-49-32-pm.png

Rose decided to waste some money and set fire to the stove!
    09-27-22_5-00-17-pm.png

And finally it was time for the twins to become teens! Snow aged up first, rolling the Active trait and the Successful Lineage aspiration.
    I liked the hair she aged up in so she was allowed to keep it.
    09-27-22_5-02-26-pm.png
    09-27-22_5-12-21-pm.png

And then it was Storm's turn. She rolled Overachiever trait and Goal Orientated aspiration, so she'll be joining the computer club.
    And she also aged up into this hair, looking like she was really into anime, and that's what helped secure her as heir.
    09-27-22_5-03-17-pm.png
    09-27-22_5-24-15-pm.png

Apart from eyebrows, she and Snow are identical.
    09-29-22_2-43-18-pm.png

Bedroom makeovers! Snow moved into what was the laundry.
    09-28-22_5-18-25-pm.png
    09-28-22_5-18-56-pm.png

While Storm stayed in their childhood bedroom. I went on a downloading spree around this time to get some nice looking wallpapers.
    09-28-22_5-16-56-pm.png
    09-28-22_5-17-39-pm.png

Not sure why Naomi is so grumpy here but Aspen definitely has his hands full getting her back into a good mood!
    09-29-22_2-54-00-pm.png

Storm meets two potential spouses for the next gen - Joon-Gi Han, and Daniel Torres. She gets along better with Joon-Gi to start with.
    09-29-22_2-55-05-pm.png
    09-29-22_2-57-55-pm.png

First day of high school.
    09-29-22_2-50-48-pm.png
    09-29-22_2-46-24-pm.png
    09-29-22_3-01-42-pm.png

That day was also Careers Day. Boring as anything but great-grandma Dove was there to promote becoming a secret agent??? Not sure whether that was she was actually doing but given that was her career, I'd assume she could talk about the declassified stuff :lol: This, though, was the last time the kids saw Dove as she passed away the next day :disappointed:
    09-29-22_3-09-10-pm.png
    09-29-22_3-11-03-pm.png
    09-29-22_3-20-56-pm.png

Doing homework in the pantry, as you do :lol:. At least Storm knows to do her homework at the table.
    09-28-22_4-53-43-pm.png
    09-28-22_4-53-27-pm.png

Then the twins worked on the last things they needed for their scouting badges. Once that was done, Storm could join the computer club and Snow got a job as a lifeguard. Did you know there is a little fishing spot just out the back of the gen 5 house lot? So convenient!
    09-28-22_4-46-18-pm.png
    09-28-22_5-12-02-pm.png
    09-29-22_3-35-12-pm.png

Emerson's cousin Tyson came around to visit. Not sure why he was so upset though.
    09-29-22_3-34-19-pm.png
    09-29-22_3-41-49-pm.png
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    There were a couple of teens aging up but I think I'll have to stop showing all the pics - there's getting to be way too many in the family tree now! Around this time, I tagged all the gen 4 cousins for no more babies, except for Louise who had only just aged into a YA. I also put in a mod for more teens at school, which is so much better for gameplay, and soon after this, I found one for school uniforms, so you'll probably see that in the next update. I'd say I have two or three more updates to go in this generation so I'd better get them posted soon!!

Did you get the list of possible house plans for San Sequoia? Finding ones that would fit the lots, especially two bedroom ones (most seemed to be three or four bedroom) was hard.

I sure did! Going to work on adding those to main page today

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top