Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sleep over sleepwear behind a paywall?

SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
I heard that the pajama set that was leaked might be behind an EA paywall. I have bought all, the packs, sets, and kits, but if they are going to start putting stuff for the sims 4 behind a paywall, I’m going to be upset and really think hard before getting into the sims 5. I don’t use CC because I don’t mind paying for what I want, but I’m not into subscription services. It’s really sad to think that I may not be able to complete my sims 4 set, This is the first time in the sims that I planned to complete a set……I hope this is just a rumor. If not, I may be having to look elsewhere for my next simulation game. I don’t think I want to get into the sims 5 if I have to pay monthly…… I just hope the rumor is not true….or once again I won’t be completing a sims game.

Comments

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2023
    I have a ton of cc pajamas in my game now, so missing out on these particular pj's won't be any love loss by me.

BUT.... it's a shame EA chose to use this approach. This was one of those 'missed opportunity' moments where every simmer could have gotten a free matching set of family jammies right before the release of a family expansion pack. How cute would that have been? Family photos with everyone wearing matching jammies.... :smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited March 2023
    Ty @simgirl1010
    I will head over to that discussion. This makes me so sad……. @AncientMuse I don’t even mind paying for it, but I got out of a subscription service to play sims 4, I’m on a fixed income now. I don’t pay for tv streaming services, my youngest daughter has me on her accounts. This is the only game I play where I have to buy packs, now it looks like paying outright for the content is not going to be good enough anymore…..sad, sad, sad….
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Its only for the x-box players anyways so not loss for me since I am PC player
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited March 2023
    If Console players unlocked it, is it added to their game on PC ?

EA Play $4.99 a month.* Cancel anytime.
    It's very expensive for only 4 items when kits provide 25 items for the same price.

But if there is no time limit, maybe it will worth it when all the "member-only in-game rewards" will be released.
    Or maybe it could be like the MMORPG, it will become free for the non-member several months later.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    If Console players unlocked it, is it added to their game on PC ?

EA Play $4.99 a month.* Cancel anytime.
    It's very expensive for only 4 items when kits provide 25 items for the same price.

But if there is no time limit, maybe it will worth it when all the "member-only in-game rewards" will be released.
    Or maybe it could be like the MMORPG, it will become free for the non-member several months later.
    I would not mind buying it as a kit. There were several swatches in different sizes
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    So many people asked for a wider array of sleepwear, and this is how it comes. Or is said to come. I don't know...

I thought this was meant to be a 1:1 port, if Console players get something we don't, then it's not 1:1.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My speculation:

If subscriber-only exclusive content is the road EA is going down for The Sims franchise, I foresee the shared online gallery we all use becoming a scavenger hunt trying to find households/rooms/lots that don't contain these exclusive items, lest we end up with missing parts (cas or build/buy assets).

Right now, I can download anything and everything my little heart desires because I've bought and paid for each and every DLC that's come out (to the tune of well over $1000 thus far). I don't need to look at what packs are used for each creation that catches my eye, I just download what I like and plunk it into my game. No in-depth thought process or analysis necessary.

BUT.....

Assuming these subscriber-only exclusive item incentives will now be coming on a monthly basis:

Today - an exclusive set of matching pajamas. (meh, not a big deal and easily replaced with something else in-game)
    Next Month - an exclusive couch, loveseat, armchair. (again not a big deal, but will change the aesthetic of the room a bit)
    The Month After That - an exclusive set of matching windows, doors, columns, spandrels, stairs, fences, gates? (a big deal and would change the entire look of a build when instantly replaced by other items in-game).

Now consider "many more years" of this Sims 4 exclusive content being added in..... Result: We end up with a ton of gallery creations most simmers will have to avoid downloading, even though they've paid top dollar for their (what used to be) completed game collection.

Speculation: Monthly exclusives will equate to an ever-expanding problem for gallery users.

:|

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain