Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What EPs got you excited?

Forget about what let you down, what EPs got you so hyped you impatiently looked forward to release date??

Mine were for sure Snowy Escape, HS and Island Living. I really want to say Season and Dine Out, but they are too far back to remember. Those three definitely had me pre making households and houses and prepping my game for the EP.

Definitely looking forward to growing together with the same fervor!
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I'd say Cats and Dogs was the one I was the most excited for. I loved the New England feel of Brindleton Bay and the cats in particular were something I looked forward to. I made a lot of pets those first few weeks, playing with the colors and patterns. I remember really liking the CAS and B/B as well, as they were styles we didn't have at the time and filled a gap. I also ended up really loving Island Living, though I wasn't initially hyped for it until after a bunch of information had come out.

Most of the EPs haven't made me super hyped, but a lot of the Game Packs have. I love Occults and weird/fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural gameplay so much, and many of the GPs just hit it out of the park for me. :)
    #Team Occult
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    Island Living and Snowy Escape for sure, but also Eco Lifestyle. I even pre-ordered that pack, only to get hit by a gamebreaking bug (lesson learned). I had this grand battle of influence planned out, where three factions would try to take over Evergreen Harbour via voting and shape the neighborhoods with NAPs to reflect their ideals. After the bug was dealt with, my story played exactly like I had hoped it would. EL remains one of my favorite packs, but I don't utilize all of its features in every save.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    City Living !
    I had just started playing TS4, and when the trailer dropped with that Teagan & Sara song, I realized this was exactly my jam, the colors, the vibes, the urban setting, exiting the bubble of your house to actual life, instead of a void and having to travel to do anything or see anyone.
    (Well except for Uptown but it works there)

It's still my favorite town to this day and the one I play the most in, prepped apartments for the infant update just last week. Every time I play elsewhere, I miss San Myshuno.
    City Living + the toddler update dropped soon after was what really made me fall for the sims, unsure I'd have played for long otherwise.

Nothing since then came close to hyping me that much.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited March 2023
    - Get to work : first occult I could get in the game and the possibility to get stores. I bought this together with base game so it feels like basic stuff for me
    - Discover university : I had fond memories of sims 2 university and like the way it is handled in sims 4. I enjoy sending my sims there from time to time. The world is also nice
    - snowy escape : now my sims can finally do what I like to do in real life : take walks in nature and stand on a mountain top (I only stand on those I can walk to the top, not climb ;) ) I also like being able to travel to snow the year round, the festivals and the items in the pack.
    - Island living : sims 3 Island paradise was a complete surprise for me but I like it so much, that I really wanted that warm island feel again. The pack falls a bit flat on the gameplay side but I still enjoy it. And we got mermaids :)
    - seasons : this pack made the world feel more alive. The calendar (now base game) in combination with the holidays give a feeling of time passing.

But the DLC I looked forward to even more than EP's is the game packs
    - realm of magic: magic finally made my game complete. My all time favourite sims DLC was making magic in the sims 1 era and this one has a similar vibe. I am also very happy we have spellcasters and not witches.
    - werewolves: the only pack I ever reordered. Werewolves were on the top of every 'what-do-you-want-in-the-game' list for years. I like how werewolves are fleshed out and still enjoy playing them.

I even looked forward to a few of the stuff packs. It is a shame that they apparently have stopped.
    - tiny living : I really enjoyed the build challenge
    - nifty knitting: a really in depth skill and item creation with great BBC items. I hope we can get another community voted pack because they both turned out great
    - paranormal stuff : more gameplay than some of the game packs, need I say more. Also very beautiful CAS and BB.

Add in get together, and jungle adventure and I have all my favourites. I wasn't hyped for these two when I got them. They were pleasant surprises that added more to my game than I thought they would.
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    The hype starts with the first trailer release. I counted the days until Seasons and Cottage Living finally dropped. They are both strong EPs and never disappointed me in any way.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    City Living, I was looking forward to sims living in a large city and also living in apartments. I really liked their trailer with the Teagan & Sara song.

I also remember feeling that the wait for the release of Discover University was quite long, I think it was because a lot of content creators that had early access made a lot of videos of it.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Cottage living=BUNNIES!
    As soon as I saw the bunny in the trailer I was so dang happy, I had been waiting for bunnies to come to the game for sooo long. As a real life bunny "parent" I just needed them and I am very happy about how they made them too, not in a cage!
    The whole pack is one of my favorite EPs if not THE fav EP but bunnies were what exited me most at first.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    I was so unbelievably hyped for Realm of Magic and was not disappointed! It's still one of my favourites! <3
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Might be Cottage Living. It added so much, not only to the country side households.

I think CoL and Seasons might have been the only packs I positively bought on release day. Other packs were good also, but because the way I play my game, a new pack often comes while I'm busy with something else in-game or I'm expecting lag to get worse with a next install. This way I often get behind with a pack or two, and might discover jewels rather late. One example is Snowy Escape that I like a lot, but got this Winter. I was actually surprised that I did not get it earlier.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    I completely forgot about Cottage Living!! I was beyond excited!

I still love Cottage Living but High School Years really let me down. I don’t play it at all any more as going to HS feels redundant and pointless. Same with Get To Work actually. I love Island Living but I don’t spend much time there. For a lot of the EPs I have, I enjoy the features they brought, like a more open world (Snowy Escape) and swimming in open water (Island Escape) that I enjoy more.

If I could uninstall an EP or SP, it would be for sure the camping one, the first SP ever released, it was pointless. I also don’t love Cats and Dogs as much as I did in past versions of The Sims. I never play Evo Living but enjoy the objects — that one was a let down.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited March 2023
    Hight School Years, Seasons, Cottage Living and Growing Together
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    The EPs and a stuff pack that I was most excited about after watching the livestreams for them are Seasons, Cottage Living, and Paranormal. These 3 exceeded my expectations. I am expecting I am excited about the Growing Together as well, and expect I will be surprised and even more excited after the livestream when we find out about more features/content we aren't expecting yet. I am sure they have some surprises for us as they did in Cottage Living.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Seasons and parenthood. Now I'm anxiously awaiting growing together.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    If I'm being honest most of them. Cats&Dogs and Cottage Living were my most anticipated though.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    For Expansion packs, definitely Seasons. Cats and Dogs, Island Living/Cottage Living had a bit of excitement, but nothing like Seasons. For DLC, Parenthood, Vampires and Realm of Magic. Growing Together definitely is getting added to the list because it's giving me the excitement I felt when Seasons was announced. I really hope I can add it to my favorite packs list, though! I really have loved everything I've learned about this pack so far and cannot wait for Friday's Live-stream! ♥
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Get Famous, Discover University, My Wedding Stories, and now Growing Together...
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 in late 2018. I had just moved to the upper Midwest in the middle of winter, because I do dumb things like that sometimes. Anyway, I missed any advance hype for a lot of the packs because they were already out. As for the packs that have come out since, I've been hyped about some of the smaller content (Nifty Knitting and Dream Home Decorator), but none of the new EPs really brought out any enthusiasm from me.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I've only been playing the Sims 4 since early 2019, so the first pack I was really excited about was Island Living. Island Paradise was my favorite pack in the Sims 3 for the gameplay it brought, even if the Isla Paradiso world was a complete nightmare. Island Living disappointed me with the gameplay, but I still love the world so much.

I was also really excited for the Moschino pack, but hear me out LOL. I was excited for the improvements it brought to photography. I love photography in the sims so much. My sims walls are covered with photos.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    My most excited Expansion Packs were & still are:
    1. Get to Work - Aliens & Scientist Career
    2. Get Together with Cottage Living - European Historical Worlds & Outdoor Parties
    3. Island Living - Mermaids & Beautiful Sulani
    4. Seasons - Fall & Winter
    5. Cats & Dogs - Beautiful Autumn World Brindleton Bay
    6. Get Famous/Discover University/High School - Cool Objects & Outfits
    ;):pB)
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    I was hyped for Island Living, though I guess we know how that all went down.

But Cottage Living was something I really wanted. On the day the reveal trailer was set to release, I had a date. I finished the date early so I could rush home and watch. And tbh it was worth it. And the pack was worth it. If I didn't constantly slow my game down, I'd play every sim family on a giant farm, with tons of animals.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I didn't get into Sims 4 until after City Living, so I'll have to leave out those earliest ones, but the EPs I was most excited for were:

Cats & Dogs - This was the first EP release after I started playing, and I do love me some furbabies!

Seasons - Always one of my favorite EPs in the Sim franchise, weather just makes everything more immersive.

Island Living - I love to play off the grid sims, and this pack just fit in so well with that theme. Plus Sulani is beautiful!

Eco Lifestyle - Again, love off the grid stuff, so I was excited about that.

Snowy Escape - I was only really excited about this one because I'd predicted a mountain/snow pack would be located in a Japanese setting, and I was right! That was fun.

Cottage Living - Probably the EP I got most excited for. This pack was exactly what I was hoping for from a farming themed pack, so I got pretty excited!

I guess the only EPs I wasn't really thrilled about were Get Famous, Discover University, and High School Years.

As for GPs, I got excited for Vampires (it even got me into the game), Jungle Adventures, and Realm of Magic.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I was really hyped for Seasons, Discover University and High School Years! I also feel quite excited for the upcoming pack, Growing Together. I have been, and continue to be, excited for almost all packs in some capacity though. I like new stuff :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Occult, adventure Gamepacks and Paranormal got me most excited and they are still the best in my opinion!

From the EPs these are the ones I looked forward to:
    • Seasons for the weather system.
    • Snowy Escape for the mountain and rock climbing.
    • Cottage Living because the world reminds me a bit of home, plus the animal care, plus foxes. And let’s be honest…the chickens are just fantastic. I dunno, I just feed them and then I just watch them. 😆
    • Cats & Dogs because it allowed me to create wolves.

There are also packs that I wasn’t too excited for initially, but are now among my favorite DLC.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    edited March 2023
    Get to work
    Get together
    City living
    Island living
    Cottage living

And now Growing Together
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Get Famous, Discover University, Snowy Escape, and High School Years.
    However, as much as I like them, my hype was taken down some notches after playing them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds