The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

Comments

• DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Hi I’m an EA play subscriber from the UK and I haven’t had this update yet it is 9:05pm here and I have been on the sims 4 all day 😞
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    bandit5 wrote: »
    it is on pc to if you use ea play. The said set is available on PC and Consoles for folks who have the EA Play subscription. So far, the listing for this set has been spotted on Microsoft Store and Playstation Store. The EA Desktop App should have a game page soon as well.

Heya,

This is a console exclusive at the moment.

Apparently it's only for console players.
  • David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    Hi I’m an EA play subscriber from the UK and I haven’t had this update yet it is 9:05pm here and I have been on the sims 4 all day 😞

Try to imagine all of the PC players using EA Play subscription feeling like they have been cheated on and angry with EA, because it was originally added only for console players. Maybe it will be added for PC later on as well, but not confirmed yet.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Did we already get an SDX drop for February? I can't remember. I thought we were supposed to get one every month.
  • Llandros2012Llandros2012 Posts: 620 Member
    edited April 2023
    If it is just a short term exclusive for EA play members for a few weeks and then made available to everyone than I see no problem with it.

However, if it is not, then it flies directly in the face of mod/cc creators that have items behind patreon paywalls who are forced to make the items freely available to all within a set time period. EA in fact has openly discouraged and asked people to report in to them the creators that do not conform to this.

So now we wait to see if they abide by the same rules that they made for cc creators.

EDIT: So now it is April 10th - well beyond the 2-3 week paywall for content creators. Not a big surprise but the answer has been provided.
    Post edited by Llandros2012 on
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,415 Member
    This is a very sad day. Now there are two category of simmers. Priveleged players and the rest of us. :(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    edited February 2023
    Well, that's not cool EA. Do you know how much we've spent on your game already ??. Also there's a lack of sleepwear in the base game, so it would have been welcome for everyone.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    @David8_Ly yeah I was reading a post from EA_Cade says that it may come later for us on PC think it is pretty poor tho when The Sims has mainly been a PC game and I have played since 2000 and spent a lot of my money on it all these years :'(
    David8_Ly wrote: »

Try to imagine all of the PC players using EA Play subscription feeling like they have been cheated on and angry with EA, because it was originally added only for console players. Maybe it will be added for PC later on as well, but not confirmed yet.

I looked at the other thread. Even some console players have reported they have been unable to get this new sleepwear set. And so, it is actually confusing to me. Which types of console are going to allow this sleepwear update since there are different types of console (such as Xbox and Playstation)? Is EA App required to be used on console in order to play The Sims 4 similar to PC? Can EA Play which is a subscription service be used officially on console? I have various unanswered questions about console, because I do not use console.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,308 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Awesome Animal Hats (all PC players got this free)
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    How could EA ever believe this kind of action would make their customers happy?
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Hey all,

I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:
    • Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods
    Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.
    I kinda wish I DIDN'T have the Noctis outfit honestly...

But that's just a personal gripe of mine...
    edited February 2023
    David8_Ly wrote: »

I looked at the other thread. Even some console players have reported they have been unable to get this new sleepwear set. And so, it is actually confusing to me. Which types of console are going to allow this sleepwear update since there are different types of console (such as Xbox and Playstation)? Is EA App required to be used on console in order to play The Sims 4 similar to PC? Can EA Play which is a subscription service be used officially on console? I have various unanswered questions about console, because I do not use console.

I take that back. While I am still confused about how console relates to EA App and EA Play, I looked at all of the previous comments again. I do not think that I had seen anyone mention they have not gotten the new pajamas set yet on console that also uses EA Play.
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2023
    I absolutely can not stand that you guys are keeping this from other players.
    Fine release a million packs for whatever price, but keeping this to only some players is a huge slap in the face to your community, especially since most simmers are PC!!!! SHAME ON YOU!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

Soo... why not just give those items to console players then? and pyjamas for everyone? and also why is it only for those with ea play subscription if its supposed to add especially for console players cause its not like all console players have subscriptions?

//asking the walls ofcourse
    (and imaginary people with very big wigs)

nothing personal sorry if it comes out that way due to tagging :sweat_smile:

I just really think that this was not the way to add new content and that people have right to be upset about it and console players have right to be upset about those other things mentioned they do not have because well this is different content to those things and they still need to pay for subscription which is quite silly if you think of these pyjamas as gift
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 918 Member
    There should never be paid cc in a sims game.
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m not a console player or EA Play subscriber, and my feelings aren’t hurt over not receiving this set. I don’t feel excluded in the slightest. I guess I’m always prepared with my sunnies to look on the bright side of things, and I’m truly so happy for the players that got it!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited March 2023
    This is disappointing, but not surprising.
    Post edited by SimDork23 on
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    edited February 2023
    Hey all,

• Noctis Outfit
    • Family Portrait
    • Bare Naked Gnome
    • Mods

So instead of making these above mentioned stuff (except mods maybe) available to console so that everyone could be happy, you guys chose to keep something else from the majority of the players? I have no idea how you guys would not expect tons of angry customers…
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Did I get super excited about pj's? No. I thought this was a cute sdx drop before the patches, and EP, to tie in with the slumber parties we can now have. And I thought that was very cool of them.

But come on hiding it behind a subscription? Are you kidding. Do you know how much people have spent on this game over the past several years? It's been almost a decade. Saving up, birthdays, holidays, etc., giving their hard earned money for something they enjoyed. And this is what you do?

If they aren't using your subscription, it's because there's no benefit to it for them. You're already getting tons of money from us. The cash grab kits, breaking every bit of content into 3 different packs, making it so EPs now only receive early access content if you manage to buy it within Their time-frame given.

And simmers have been putting up with it, solely for love of the games. Dealing with content going missing from their libraries/becoming inaccessible, lack of communication from EA, etc just for this. And after all that you want to get More Money from us? For pajamas? And not even in a way that's accessible for everyone. In a subscription that has to be renewed?

I can't even.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • moosemoussemoosemousse Posts: 13 New Member
    > @EA_Cade said:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I understand the FOMO, but here's just a small selection of items that PC players have had that console players still don't:* Noctis Outfit
    > * Family Portrait
    > * Bare Naked Gnome
    > * Awesome Animal Hats (all PC players got this free)
    > * Mods
    >
    > Rewarding the players with EA Play on console shouldn't be taken as a slight to you if you're on PC.

I understand consoles not getting mods, but the rest? Why can't all players get the same content? What about console players who don't have or want EA Play?
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    We do not need exclusivity in The Sims.

let me repeat

We do NOT need EXCLUSIVITY in THE SIMS.

Honestly if this is going to become a norm with limited time items you can't ever get because you did not buy pack immediately after release

and items you only get from subscribing to EA Play

as much as it breaks my heart to say
    I'm out.

was this pyjama set something i need desperately? No.

but it could have been and I am going to be upset regardless because there is no reason for the exclusivity and I do not want this to become a thing.
    also if this is one of those keep subscribing to keep your sims in their pyjamas thing thats extra awful
    cause i hate the idea of subscriptions like that

I guess i could try to understand if its like one time "test ea play subscription and get free gift" campaign but really tho thats still kind of ridiculous

Your right this has gotten way too far out of hand. I don' t agree with any of the things that's been going on.