Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumoured SDX Sleepwear Set

ยซ134567
EA Play console exclusive only.

A good reason to be wary of leaked info.

Comments

• EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

Yep. This is the downside of us not engaging with rumors, this was not an SDX drop as it was rumored but rather a console exclusive EA Play perk.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Oh, I am bummed out. I saw that, too, but came over here to see when or if it dropped yet. I don't play on console and never have. Nor do I use EA Play. There is no reason for me to do so. But, I'm sure not happy about others getting this stuff and I'm excluded for reasons left untold.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    is just ea giving thing to paid subscribers is not right but what can you do.
  • David8_LyDavid8_Ly Posts: 41 Member
    I am asking this question, because it is right now 3:00 p.m eastern time and there was a leak about basegame sleepwear that was supposed to be added today on February 28th, but I have not seen it yet. I am currently using EA App instead of Origin, because Origin told me to move over to EA App. Why have I not gotten the update yet? It is supposed to be released today right on The Sims 4 basegame?
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I don't even have a console, why is there no option for PC players to get this set?
    it is for ea play subscription only.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Ugh, bad EA. I liked them and was looking forward to them. Hope they reconsider and make them available to everyone in the future, especially since long time players have paid more than that over the years. One full price EP is equivalent to a 2 year subscription.
    edited February 2023
    it is for pc but only if you use ea play is for console only
    Post edited by bandit5 on
    it is for ea play subscription only.

Thank you. I had only recently noticed a similar thread to this and would help explain why I did not get this from the update. Hopefully, everything from the infant update is free instead of requiring EA Play subscription.
    that will be free for base game just the expansion will have extra content.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    @GalacticGal eh, I don't mind. The way I see it we PC players have access to all the cool mods & cc so it's only fair they get something for themselves. I *do* agree, however, that they should have given a reason why (ie console anniversary, etc).
    edited February 2023
    it is on pc to if you use ea play. The said set is available on PC and Consoles for folks who have the EA Play subscription. So far, the listing for this set has been spotted on Microsoft Store and Playstation Store. The EA Desktop App should have a game page soon as well. It is for console only i found out sims community got it wrong
    edited February 2023
    When I really come to think about it makes sense for this sleepwear to require EA Play, because it looks like a lot for sleepwear and some people also use free cc as well. If EA were to add more clothing that requires EA Play the next category is probably going to be swimwear. Who needs EA Play just for clothes when you could more easily get cc for free?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    They are so mean & rude. They should include PC players also. :s:'(
    I don't like this idea but I guess this is like how Amazon prime gives exclusive gaming content including free EA Games. I have most of the games that I would play on EA play for free that way, so a subscriptionn now doesn't seem worth it to me for what they have to offer.

I suppose a subscription service makes sense if you play lots of games and don't mind if, at some point, your favourite game is no longer part of their subscription service. I'm not even sure why a subscription would be needed for the Sims 4 since basegame is already free.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    it is on pc to if you use ea play. The said set is available on PC and Consoles for folks who have the EA Play subscription. So far, the listing for this set has been spotted on Microsoft Store and Playstation Store. The EA Desktop App should have a game page soon as well.

Heya,

This is a console exclusive at the moment.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2023
    It's one thing to make an exclusive item as a subscription perk. It's another thing altogether to make it something that people have been begging to have added for years (i.e., more sleepwear).
    oh so the sims community got it wrong thanks
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    The sleepwear set is just more swatches of things that are already in the game, so I wasn't too excited for it. But, I don't like what this kind of thing could mean for the future.
    When I really come to think about it makes sense for this sleepwear to require EA Play, because it looks like a lot for sleepwear and some people also use free cc as well. If EA were to add more clothing that requires EA Play the next category is probably going to be swimwear. Who needs EA Play just for clothes when you could more easily get cc for free?

It makes no sense to require EA Play, basegame is already free and by now, everyone who wanted to play TS4 already has one way or another.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I'm out of the loop, what is EA play please? (I may be living under a rock haha).

Not sure how I feel about it being console only, I'm a console player but would rather everyone got to enjoy everything. We all paid money and love the Sims, I don't see a reason for this exclusivity.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I look at this as an incentive for players to use EA Play. Just like EA offers 'free bonus content' to players that buy new packs before a certain date to bump up the number of pre-orders. I have been trying to be less critical of EA/Maxis and their business practices, but this latest attempt to lure players into purchasing a subscription to play Sims4 is a bit much. There is no way a set of matching pajamas for Sims families could make me okay with using any type of subscription service. Is there more than one swatch for these pajama sets? Or will players have to be content with a single swatch? And as @David8_Ly said, there is a lot of free CC out there that is more versatile than this latest offering from EA.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Eh, they're pretty bland anyway. No loss for me.