Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we are going to get apartments, or tall townhomes with growing together?

2...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I imagine some apartments in these buildings

76lk4tpxmlyr.jpeg

I like the look of the warehouse store, would have been nice to have it as a real functional lot.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front.

It's only the thumbnail of TS4 trailer playlist

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg
    Yeah, that’s the picture I was talking about. What do you mean by thumbnail of the TS4 trailer playlist?
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front.

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg
    Yeah, that’s the picture I was talking about. What do you mean by thumbnail of the TS4 trailer playlist?

This is the Console Launch house that is on the Maxis Gallery. It's not new and it's not related to the new EP.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited February 2023
    I imagine some apartments in these buildings

y3j2dw0muir6.jpeg
    76lk4tpxmlyr.jpeg

if these are just shells at very least give me those window, door and siding swatches we don't currently have

i feel like second one at least can't be actual lot though because it has door that i think is from the industrial kit

and unless theres new carage doors those are city living

would love to be proved wrong on that tho

also if the first house is just shell I already know I am going to be upset that we can't sit on those chairs just like in tartosa there was those ridiculous fake chairs

aand theres debug plants all over these which kind of says thats just a shell to me

that all said there could be similar building without shell stuff thats actually apartment or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    lynreplies wrote: »
    Well, with every expansion we do get a new build mode feature like cottage living was ponds.. snowy escape was platforms.. so I wonder what's next I'm praying spiral staircases!

We normally get a Build Mode feature, but with a major Live Mode feature coming this time (Infants) I don't know if there will be one for Build Mode at this time.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg

Please please please let this be true! Even if it's just one apartment complex on one lot, I'll take it!

I was so gutted when it looked like this new world would just be yet another suburbia with standard single family house lots. While the other two neighbourhoods look to be yet another carbon copy of what we already have: An urban commercial neighbourhood (Anchorpoint Wharf) with the standard city venues and background set decorations (ie: a rabbit hole theatre, museum, bar, karaoke bar, art centre/recreation centre), and the other neighbourhood (Gilbert Gardens) delegated for outdoor parks and recreation. At least the splash park is something new and different, so 'yay' for that.

San Sequoia seems to be the standard neighbourhood layout formula we already have in so many of the other worlds: A commercial downtown area, a park-like recreation area, and a single home residential area.

I was really hoping for something more unique this time around (ie: an entire street of row houses, or duplexes, or single apartment suites overtop of businesses in the downtown area). But it doesn't look to be that way. *heavy sigh*

Maybe I'm wrong and they've deviated from the norm for this one....?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    @Simmingal I agree, I'd love those windows, doors & siding swatches from the first pic (need more more vibrant/coloful versions than what we have). And those chairs you mentioned too 🙂.
    RedShoe7 wrote: »

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg

This is the Console Launch house that is on the Maxis Gallery. It's not new and it's not related to the new EP.

Wow. I just opened my game and looked at this lot... you're right, it is the Console Launch house. Why would they use that in a new EP game trailer?

Ugh... nothing new to see here folks, move along. So so very disappointing... :|
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited February 2023

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg

Ok, thank you, I had no idea. That’s disappointing to me….
    Guess I need to spend more time on the gallery studying and memorizing all of the existing Maxis builds, so as to not get my hopes up for something new and unique.

:|
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    Now I'm actually wondering if that's new siding in the pic or if the walls were painted with the "basic" wall paint. Just discovered that one of the yellow basic paints matches what's in the pic, at least to my old eyes.

nxbxfooxrkfd.jpg

Wow. I just opened my game and looked at this lot... you're right, it is the Console Launch house. Why would they use that in a new EP game trailer?

Ugh... nothing new to see here folks, move along. So so very disappointing... :|

They didn't use it in the trailer. I don't know why that was posted here as if it was part of the trailer but it's not.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    They didn't use it in the trailer. I don't know why that was posted here as if it was part of the trailer but it's not.
    So, what do you think, do you think we will get some apartments, or some tall thin townhomes in the city that are like apartments in growing together? Trying to go screen by screen, I noticed in the beginning of the trailer there were some different colored tall apartments or townhomes, right after it looked like some one car garages. Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front. So do you think we are getting something akin to apartments in this expansion pack? Also, how many lots (including each separate apartment/townhome) do you think will come in the pack?

The OP posted about it in her original post. It's at the end of the trailer after the Dates are announced. So I took a screenshot of it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    I hope there's at least one or two apartment buildings in there. We got them with Eco Lifestyle and it's been a couple of years since that pack so I don't see why not. If we can't build our own apartments I like that we can have several of them through different worlds.

Apartments weren't really the -core- feature of Eco and we still got them so there might be a chance we get them on this one being a more family oriented pack and San Francisco inspired world.

I would love to see something like this:

106004126-1562333829839gettyimages-811025648.jpeg?v=1627572910

Wow!! This would be so beautiful 🥺🥺🥺 I just love the way it slopes downward.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited February 2023
    So, what do you think, do you think we will get some apartments, or some tall thin townhomes in the city that are like apartments in growing together? Trying to go screen by screen, I noticed in the beginning of the trailer there were some different colored tall apartments or townhomes, right after it looked like some one car garages. Then at the end of the trailer ( where it say March 16th it looked like there were 3 different colored 2 story apartments/townhomes with a pool in front. So do you think we are getting something akin to apartments in this expansion pack? Also, how many lots (including each separate apartment/townhome) do you think will come in the pack?

The OP posted about it in her original post. It's at the end of the trailer after the Dates are announced. So I took a screenshot of it.

Edit: I just looked at the trailer again and at the end , the part with the dates, it shows a video link to the Behind the Sims Summit. If you pause and go frame by frame, that video link changes to the image you posted and is just a link to the Gameplay and trailers playlist on the sims youtube channel. It's just a link, not showing anything related to this trailer.