We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,932 Member
    I’m torn between wanting to start my arty couple now, turn aging off and putting them through university before the infants update… or just leaving them to it. Many artists go to art school after all, it’s not just about painting but things like anatomy and art history and so on.

It all depends on just how fast you get them through their schooling, doesn't it? I'm at the same pivotal point in my game. The kids have all graduated high school early, applied for scholarships and I'm sitting here wondering do I send them now, or make them wait until Thanksgiving (Harvest fest) in my game, which is only a Sim-week away. I can get them through the three terms in about three days Real Time. Then there's the inevitable wedding fiasco. I'm also torn.

Absolutely! I’d give them an in-game week to build some skills. Then they’d apply for scholarships the following Monday, would hear back by Wednesday and would apply for university the same day and they’d hear back by Friday. And then do three terms with a full course load of four classes each per term. I usually start my new saves in Spring too, so they’d start university in the autumn which would be fitting since that’s the traditional starting-uni time.

You know what, I think I might start them now. I’ll have one do Art History and the other do Fine Art, so one will be in the Patron of the Arts branch and the other will be a Master of the Real.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,185 Member
    edited February 2023
    Time for a short update!
    A hug and a chat!
    Princess Roddy fed Eachann. Then he went downstairs. Benjamin had just finished checking his bees. He smiled at his firstborn and gave him a loving hug:
    6414253a977c4bc0778c4a72db824a2bf205beb2.png
    The pair then chatted to each other:
    7f0751fd686e1540b2dc25134cbd2a7887bd5af6.png
    4373448396363d33fbde0747f6420cc3daf319da.png
    1aedb1a8fb893d40ff34e81e486490fdc329a6a1.png
    Afterwards, Princess Roddy went back upstairs and had a chat on the phone with the Mayor of San Sequoia in regards to the preparation for his royal visit to San Sequoia:
    052fe2dde0e58b596f82de3fc1d652e5d29a9c37.png
    After the call to the mayor, Princess Roddy changed into his feminine athletic outfit, applied his usual makeup and did some meditation:
    5cce52012004e21bfaab9fa36bb7587cd2d448ce.png
    The princess always felt meditation was a good way to clear his mind.
    Woohoo at the lighthouse!
    Shine walked up to Benjamin and gave him a very great, big, loving smooch on his cheek:
    cc5e81ace447236367bbb3898065790dd749260c.png
    Then they headed over to the lighthouse, where they ascended the stairs. Shine and Benjamin looked out from the top of the lighthouse. Then they kissed in the rain:
    545941c882786f2682f69c07e7e487871e5a307f.png
    Then the pair woohooed in the lighthouse:
    907fb5cf5e9c539565f5a14fe246306738a8bd42.png
    4f8f04dcdbdea2df6b51219f6deccf99e8e812b8.png
    dfe5206a4439ba32851868c091d6c5be41c88450.png
    97e4438bad270a098958e04af118cb9922345ead.png
    Shine and Benjamin felt satisfied. Afterwards, the couple went back home to Dianthus Hall.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,250 Member
    edited February 2023
    @DaniRose2143 I do hope that's the Show they are taking in. Else I'm very disappointed in Londyn.

ETA: I think I may have misinterpreted. I didn't recognize Danielle. LOL Whoopsie.

And here I was thinking it was Londyn who was going to be hard to recognize.😁 Since Danielle has her back to the camera and she's wearing a new dress it does make her more difficult to recognize so I can see how it would be easy to think it was someone else. I don't think I'm going to change all of Londyn's outfits so that she has her hair down, but I do feel like sprinkling a few in here and there. She just looks so stunning with her hair down like that. While I'm at it I might have Danielle put her's up in one or two. There was a brief time where she did have a high ponytail of her own back before I switched her over to a Maxis Match 'do.

For the record those two would rather die than cheat on the other one. Their bonds of love are unbreakable.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,087 Member
    edited June 2023
    Very few pictures, so consider this a bit of an introduction to this new save. :)

No Time Like the Present, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

“All I’m asking of you, Erik, is to go to the first week at Copperdale High. You do that, and we’ll talk,” Professor Joseph Cantrell, Sr. said. Erik just gazed at his father, his luminescent, light blue eyes ablaze.

Erik squared his broad shoulders, picked up his Best Song Accolade and his Meet & Greet trophies and stormed up the stairs to the room he shared with two of his three brothers.

“How did it go?” Aaron said. He could sense Erik’s smoldering mood as the younger brother replaced his trophies on the dresser top and the Best Song Accolade on the shelf above.

“Well, all I can say, is if he rebuked me with my career in full swing, don’t bother to ask. He’ll likely insist you attend for the first month.” Erik rolled his eyes. “I can’t put my finger on it, but I think he’s up to something. What would my attending for the first week have to do with anything?”
    First Album:
    KznCEBk.jpg
    First Concert:
    CCGl0XR.jpg
    First Starlight Accolade for Best Song: Early Morning Mist
    mSwmYKS.jpg

“What’s up?” Joey, Jr. came into the room still towel-drying after his shower. “Oh, you asked again, didn’t you?” the younger brother said, tying the towel around his waist. “I know we’ve all graduated high school on Vulcan, and the Vulcan’s curriculum is far superior to that of Earth’s — yes, I did some research into it. There just must be something, some reason why Dad wants us to attend.”

“Well, if your genius figures it out, please do let the rest of us know,” Aaron said, climbing into the top bunk of the single unit. Erik left the room and returned moments later. He then climbed into the top bunk bed opposite Aaron’s. Joey flopped into the bottom bunk. With a clap of his hands, the lights went out.

~~*~~*~~*~~*

The first day of school went reasonably well. Erik got recognized and signed a few autographs. He also spied the Paparazzi hanging around inside the halls. The Cantrell kids each took turns meeting the principal and asking about this new school. Then they went about their scholastic day. Their only sister, Brianna, was also a teen. She was the last one to sit down with the principal. She also groused at having to repeat high school. She had her eyes and her heart set on attending Starfleet Academy after she got her basic degree from university. She had this queer sense time was slipping away from her and it made her most anxious.

~~*~~*~~*~~*

Joseph Cantrell, Sr. met his four eldest children at the door upon their return home. “So, how was it?” he asked.

“Boring,” they all chorused.

“Are you saying nothing interesting occurred? No phone messages? No calls?”

“Oh, Joey got called to the Principal’s office, all right, for pranking the toilets and got detention,” Erik supplied. “That’s why we were so late getting home.”

“We didn’t want to leave him alone,” Brianna said.

“Well, that’s admirable,” Joseph said, nodding. "I'm proud of each of you. Not the toilet pranking, but for sticking together." Here he gave his third son a stern look.

At that moment all four of their cellphones went off. Erik was quick to grab his, could be his agent with news. “Say, again?” Covering the mouthpiece with his thumb, he looked at his father. “Dad, I’m being offered an early graduation for my high performance!” Joseph smiled broadly.

“Well, there’s your out,” the father grinned. “Go ahead and accept, if you choose. You have my blessing.”

“You knew about this,” Erik said, slightly bewildered. “Of course you did. You found the loophole regarding our ages and the law stating we had to attend high school and exploited it. Thanks Dad, you’re the best!”

“Don’t thank me too soon. I still insist each of you attend university.”

“As teens?”

“Yes, there’s a program for those who graduate early. Take the accelerated courses and you can graduate in three terms.”
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @GalacticGal
    Oh, thank you for such a hearfelt comment <3 I really enjoyed the introduction to your new save and am looking forward for more updates!

@DaniRose2143
    Thank you for commenting! Mikkel is trying to hard, but Owen is doing everything he can to ignore it :(

Danielle and Londyn look so beautiful together <3 Wonderful night out!

@Lucy_Henley
    Thank you! The new update is already here, hehe. Cottage Living is one of my favourite packs and I love the world so much <3 Highly recommend! I'd say first go through university, though. Waiting for infants is a pain, but that could keep you occupied!

@Ellupelluellu
    Owen is quite pitiful, I agree. He'll never admit it though, lol. The vampire girlfriend raised more questions than I thought it would! :D One day I'll explain all of my sims shennanigans more thoroughly, I promise. And oh, update - already here! I wasn't planning on playing through it so soon, but your comment got me, heh.

@Binibini
    Ohh, what a clever idea! Passports! Now I want to make my own sims ones :)

@_Gina
    Yeah, Owen thought they were all slacking-off and oblivious to what's going on, but perhaps they weren't, perhaps they knew it all along!

Whew, I think I'll have to take a short break after this update.

There was something wrong with Ianto's voice: usually very calm and sweet, now it sounded unsettlingly stern. It took a while for Owen to come up with a reply.
    "Alright, listen. I'm just taking him out on a walk, that's all-"
    smOgB7M.jpg

"No need to lie, Owen," Ianto sighed, and a ball of fear and annoyance at himself—why would he fear Ianto?—curled up in Owen's stomach. "Save your breath. I already know what you're up to."
    YhvUW0O.jpg

"Oh fine, you caught me. Yes, yes, I'm a big baddie, sending the kid to its real parents before they explode our planet. Now don't even try to talk me out of this."
    rLQBHXW.jpg
    "I don't want to fight you, Owen, and I'm certain you don't want to fight me either," Ianto said, choosing his words very gently—annoyingly gently for Owen. "Put Mikkel down and lets discuss this-"
    B9cmD1w.jpg

"Don't tell me what to do!" Owen snapped. "This is the only way and you know it! He's a threat!"
    "He's a child. A child you're sending off to horrible creatures!"
    "Oh sure I am," Owen rolled his eyes. "You know what, Ianto? This is Lisa all over again."
    ROXD2Hi.jpg

Ianto froze in shock, and Owen immediately regretted bringing it up—no one was allowed to bring up Ianto's ex-girlfriend, not even Jack.
    "Leave Lisa out of this," Ianto nearly hissed. But it was too late. Owen was too carried away to stop.
    oLZg8Qu.jpg

"Should I? It was the same thing."
    3NzRuK7.jpg

"You standing there and wailing at us, completely ignoring the fact that your girlfriend nearly killed us all and you as well..."
    No, don't touch her! Don't you dare touch her! She's not a monster, she can be saved!
    rRwpduR.jpg

"Me knowing exactly what will happen next..."
    God, what an idiot. How did he ever manage to keep her for so long around. How did WE manage to keep HIM for so long around?
    OVRhWhN.jpg

"Even Jack's reasoning didn't help."
    Get away from her, Ianto. You know she's long gone.
    1tHhzn9.jpg

"You were entirely blinded by that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 feeling you call love."
    No! You don't know a thing about me, you don't even care about me! She... I love her!
    68rnmOA.jpeg

"Until she finally had you. And who saved you then? Right, that was me."
    IANTO!
    sv4ms3O.jpeg

"Stop it," Ianto growled.
    "Ooh, hit a nerve, did I?" Owen muttered. He knew he was saying horrible things. Mean things. But he just couldn't stop.
    HGNZGzI.jpeg

"Just. Stop it," Ianto exhaled. "This is different. She couldn't be saved. She was dead for months. Mikkel-"
    2PJFeq1.jpeg

"Mikkel is a thousand times more dangerous! We got discovered ages ago and Jack is doing nothing about it!"
    "Do you really think Jack doesn't have a plan? You actually believe he's ignoring the fact that there's an alien ship monitoring us for months now?"
    "Well... Well if he did, why wouldn't he tell us? I'm bloody tired of his secrets!" Owen yelled, feeling a panic coming up. Did Jack really have a plan? Did Ianto know about it? Was he, Owen, the only one left in the dark?
    VF88M8G.jpeg

"When Jack doesn't tell us something, he always has a good reason for doing so," Ianto angrily said, making Owen realise he didn't know either. He just blindly trusted Jack without questions. What an Idiot, Owen thought.
    "I thought you'd learn that after everything that happened. I thought we were in this together, and yet you betrayed Jack so easily-"
    G6f7STl.jpg

"Betrayed Jack... God," Owen scoffed. "You and your precious Jack. Do you ever talk from yourself, Ianto? Do you even have an opinion of your own? Even that shirt you're wearing—it's Jack's, isn't it?"
    Dgp4nxL.jpg

"Beg your pardon? How is that relevant? We're supposed to trust him, he's our leader!"
    "He's our boyfriend. His days of playing captain are long gone and he's proven that by not giving a-"
    "Alright, I've had enough of this, I'm calling him right now..."
    "Well well. Good boy," Owen whispered. Ianto flinched.
    "What?.."
    8N4kxy7.jpg

"Yeah, that's a good puppy," Owen cooed in a fake tone and gave a mirthless smirk. "Good doggy! I bet he'll be very pleased with you when you tell on me. Will he give you a scratch behind the ear too? Do you wag your tail when he does?"
    "What are you talking about? I don't understand..."
    "Just pointing out the fact that if it was him standing here and not me, you wouldn't have even said a word."
    FRoHm7d.jpg

"That's not..." Ianto paused. That was true.
    433tzst.jpg

"You only care about Mikkel because Jack cares about him. You do everything for Jack. Leave your job? Sure thing. Raise a child? Absolutely! Throw out your life to live in a shabby farmhouse? Wonderful idea! You're always so polite, so quiet... "Would you like a cup of coffee, sir?" "Would you like a massage, sir?" Owen shortly laughed, mimicking Ianto's tone. "Have you never thought that Jack might not have a plan? Does defending the planet even matter to you anymore? Do you ever question anything he does, or are you just a lap dog for him to pet?"
    WSyf3Uy.jpg

"Okay," Ianto said under his breath. "You're being cruel. I thought we've passed that stage."
    "I thought so too, mate, but apparently you're still that bootlicker who's too afraid to say a word wrong."
    "Stop."
    QC4gpXT.jpg

"Stop? Why should I? You'd suck up anything Jack tells you and you call that love, why should I treat you differently? Isn't that what you want? Did your precious Lisa push you around too, is that what makes you happy?"
    "You're hurting me," Ianto whispered, and that was a bad whisper—the kind that indicated he was close to having a meltdown. Owen knew about this, but he couldn’t stop. There was a nasty voice in the back of his head and he couldn’t shut it off. Go on, tell him, it said. You know what words to choose, you know the ones that will hurt him. He deserves it. He deserves it for siding with Jack again.
    G0ytPnq.jpg

"Well boo hoo, go cry to Jack about it. Now I'm taking Mikkel and I'm going to do what has to be done before it's too late-"
    t6gmH1k.jpg

"It's already too late," quietly said a sudden-appearing Jack. "Thanks for keeping him occupied, Ianto."
    "It was a pleasure, sir."
    IhCKHLo.jpg

"You two..."
    3ZoOdo5.jpg

"Just for your knowledge, I did have a plan. I knew they hunted us down. And I didn't tell you, or Ianto, because they were reading us the entire time," Jack said, and it was hard to say by his tone what he was feeling. "They're psychic, remember? I'm good at blocking my thoughts out—you'd give it away within seconds. No wonder they decided to get to Mikkel through you."
    EzvvFoO.jpg

"Now put my son down. Learn to do as you're told."
    DnYpzmt.jpg

Owen gritted his teeth, watching as Jack gently touched Ianto’s hand, soothing him. Always them two. It used to be them three, but now it seemed that anything he did was against them. He was against them to move here. Against them to raise Mikkel. It all started with Mikkel. Mikkel ruined everything.
    "No," he muttered, even though he knew what would happen next.
    BSAoeG7.jpg

"Suit yourself."
    tF96FdK.jpg

"I wish I could say I'm sorry, but I'm not," Jack sighed. "You betrayed me. You sold out Mikkel. You wouldn't let go even when I told you everything is under control. And worse than that, you hurt Ianto."
    Yzt3zFK.jpg

"You thought you had to right to say the cruel things about someone you love."
    KeYW09c.jpg

Jack had a plan. A plan gently crafted. A plan no one could be aware of.
    "You! Our experimental human who dared escape!"
    rLzT7AT.jpg

"Hey, Greg. Can I call you Greg? Never got your real name, but I feel like Greg suits a person I had to woohoo with in the most painful and unconsented way possible. Never liked that name, you see."
    JzmRkGL.jpg

"Where is the offspring!?"
    "At home, eating chips. You wont get him, because you're leaving now."
    "Silly human, you don't know what we can do to you-"
    Mk5I2AR.jpg

"You'll leave this planet," Jack interrupted. "And you'll leave it, because you made a huge mistake by giving me an entire child with your blood running through its veins."
    B82QCKf.jpg

"Now, I played around a little with how your genetics work. And one blast of this will make the entirety of your next generation weak and worthless. Terrifying for such a deadly race, huh?"
    "This is a trick! We shall not fall for this trick!"
    "Care to have a go?"
    co5xmGk.jpg

The aliens stared uncertainly at Jack.
    YSMdOfJ.jpg

Eventually, they decided they were better off leaving.
    G7Q5OaX.jpg

Jack sighed, watching as they left.
    "Man, I forgot how sick they make me. And that's coming from someone who finds anyone attractive."
    5dTafUZ.jpg

"They really are horrid, sir," Ianto noticed, standing next to him. Jack softly smiled.
    "Thanks for not doubting me. I know you get anxious when you're out of the loop, but I had to act careless for them to fall for it."
    "I know you always have a plan tucked up your sleeve, sir. I trust you."
    "And what if one day I don't?" Jack whispered. Ianto chuckled.
    "That will be quite an interesting day."
    Q5o1M66.jpg

"So... what about Owen?" he carefully asked.
    "What about him?" Jack sighed. "He's got plenty of time to think on his behaviour."
    "And... afterwards?"
    cIbjNwZ.jpg

Jack didn't reply, and Ianto had nothing else to say either. It seemed like they have won, yet somehow it felt like they've lost.
    3Nw7Ffn.jpg
    Post edited by LonelyWolfTales on
    @DaniRose2143 I do hope that's the Show they are taking in. Else I'm very disappointed in Londyn.

ETA: I think I may have misinterpreted. I didn't recognize Danielle. LOL Whoopsie.

And here I was thinking it was Londyn who was going to be hard to recognize.😁 Since Danielle has her back to the camera and she's wearing a new dress it does make her more difficult to recognize so I can see how it would be easy to think it was someone else. I don't think I'm going to change all of Londyn's outfits so that she has her hair down, but I do feel like sprinkling a few in here and there. She just looks so stunning with her hair down like that. While I'm at it I might have Danielle put her's up in one or two. There was a brief time where she did have a high ponytail of her own back before I switched her over to a Maxis Match 'do.

For the record those two would rather die than cheat on the other one. Their bonds of love are unbreakable.

Well, that's what I thought, too, so I was like what are you doing! LOL Don't mind me I'm just terribly sleep-deprived.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @LonelyWolfTales Wow, that was exciting, surprising and well done.
    @LonelyWolfTales You did a great job building tension between Ianto and Owen. I was dreading what might come next with every sentence.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,573 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales ,
    oh , well thank you ! happy I inspired :D
    Great update!!! but.. now I also need next one :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,621 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales That was awesome!!
    Three can be a very tricky number.
    gen3-banner.png
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,940 Member
    @Brd709 Wow, I didn't see that one coming! Yikes! Good job building the tension. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

Thank you! I've really enjoyed writing this storyline. The next act is the finale!
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited February 2023
    I love how active this thread has become. <3

@LonelyWolfTales
    p1102
    "Well I might hate him, but that doesn't mean everyone is allowed to hate him," Owen scoffed.
    Owen's logic! It's mean and sweet at the same time. It made me laugh. I do hope that he can learn to love Mikkel. All of the family photos you've added look great, by the way.

p1107 What is Owen doing with these aliens?!? Surely, he won't give them Mikkel. :o:/
    I hate... I hate that they've put this responsibility on me.
    Is Owen required to make the decision by himself? Or is he not telling the others because he knows the decision he intends to make is wrong (at this point and hopefully will change his mind).

P1111 It gets pretty nasty between Ianto and Owen. :( I worry about the three of them moving forward. Back on page 1102, I was more optimistic about Owen's relationship with Mikkel. Owen's actions have been unfortunate, but I don't feel that he was 100% wrong.

@BlueSeaWaves
    p1103 I'm glad the situation with Olivia did not blow up until something tragic. Olivia will hopefully live happily with Scarlett who is also Olivia's type. I hope Mitchell and Connie can become best friends. They are adorable together. Connie also seems like a budding actress.

P1109 Nora's mischievous silliness made me laugh. She seems to enjoy being naughty. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that she's a toddler having fun getting reactions from people. Love the Brytani Cho cameo.

@_Gina
    p1104 I like Ann. She has some interesting acquaintances, though. I wonder what her history is with all of the vampires. Her last name is ironic. :)

@jpajari
    I like following Keaton and Dallas as teens. Even though Keaton should behave properly, it's also good that he's having fun with harmless pranks. Your idea to have a Polar Palooza holiday is creative. The same goes for having your Sims perform Wicked. I'm glad most of the Holdens are able to have a great vacation (not counting the rash and fire incidents). I hope Darla managed to have a good time... That aside, the Holdens seem to have so much fun. I love the sleepover images! Your legacy brings joy. The bright colors help.

@Karababy52
    Thank you so much for checking out my legacy. I'm sorry it's taken me this long to respond. The forum did not give me a notification.

@Ellupelluellu
    p1107 I wonder if anything will happen between Matt and the Storm Trooper. He must be pretty special to have distracted one of them from her job. I wonder if we'll ever see her wearing regular clothes. He's going through a lot of trouble to find her which concerns me, but HE FINDS HER! <3 She's also gorgeous. I need to know more.

@zucchinonpizza
    I enjoyed meeting the Subagyos. The bakery has done well, and the fancy cakes are pretty to look at. I wonder what their new house looks like.

@DaniRose2143
    It's nice that the renovations on Danielle and Londyn's home are progressing well. Their home is going to be bigger than I thought. The renovations are extensive. Also, the images you shared of Londyn and Danielle dressed up are gorgeous.

@GalacticGal
    I'm glad you've started sharing your newest save. Erik is unlucky to attend high school twice, but hopefully, it's not that bad since he will graduate early. I'm impressed that he's already won a Starlight Accolade.

@Metior_Ice
    Great backstory with Max and Mortimer. Mortimer is making a deal with Damian, though… Oh dear, and it requires a soul. Damian's laughter is entirely too ominous. I love how it's told as a story within a story. I'm not all the way caught up yet, but I'm concerned for Mortimer.

I just read that you experienced a loss in your family. I'm so sorry. You have my condolences and I hope you have fewer medical things to deal with going forward.

---
    <3I updated my legacy (introduction here) with another odd post. It starts out fairly normal and then becomes a little silly. There's lots of poetry.
    5.39 Fearlessly Blooming (Part 1)
    5.40 Fearlessly Blooming (Part 2)
    O2VHVxx.jpg
    q5bG5TL.jpg
    Post edited by haneul on
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg @Haneul Thank you both so much.🙂
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @LonelyWolfTales
    Oooh now I get it! Mikkel knew because he can read thoughts, too! And Jack is pretty cool, handling the situation like this... still, though... Owen is an independent thinker. Not as good as Jack, or not as knowledgeable at least, but he could be, I think, if someone trained him well. And a good second-in-command...? Well, that's what you need if one day you happen not to have a plan after all, captain. ;D

@haneul
    Hah, thank you! :D There is not much history there, really... Vlad is sort of an annoying and very distant boss and Caleb is just a boy she happens to know and think is kinda pathetic. XD
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,077 Member
    @haneul I’m glad you’re enjoying the story. I’ll hopefully have my first chapter soon! But, you might have a bit more time to catch up!
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves
    Eliza is having twins but this will be her last pregnancy. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Ha, I figured you would appreciate that. ;)

Finally got the wedding photos on canvas. They looks so good!
    Lu6qxSj.png

Eliza had scheduled to have a C-section for the twins. It was now time. Say hello to Jack and Jill Watson. :D
    xuEyPLk.png
    fRIIk6g.png
    KD2DbWj.png

ox26QED.png
    This will be my last update on this family until the infant update comes out because I really want to play with the twins as infants. So for now until then I'll be playing with scenarios.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,932 Member
    Meet William Briggs and Barbara Saunders. I got the name William from painter William Hogarth, and the name Barbara from sculptor Barbara Hepworth.

G9HugY4.jpg
    9ECIanu.jpg

More under the spoiler:
    Barbara headed over to the garden stall at the market and purchased some plants - strawberry, cherry, apple and snapdragon, as well as some lettuce and watermelon seeds.

un163a3.jpg

The welcome wagon arrived, and Barbara got to know Sara Scott.

i2mlC28.jpg

Two easels are kind of a necessity when both Sims are artists!

m7YASw7.jpg

Uh oh, Vlad arrived...

HPlaDKa.jpg

In addition to selling many of their paintings, both William and Barbara have been doing odd jobs. One of Barbara's was to find a shell and mail it to Moira Fyres.

ZGEnEaH.jpg

Aside from painting, they've been working on other skills too for their upcoming degrees. William has been working on charisma and writing, and Barbara's been working on violin and photography.

t9eRonG.jpg

And of course there's been romance too... They're officially boyfriend and girlfriend <3

OXFHZ9T.jpg

Things are going pretty well with these two! William's at level 7 painting already and Barbara's almost at that level too. So hopefully they'll get into the University of Britechester to do Distinguished degrees!
    edited June 2023
    Thank you @LoneyWolfTales & @haneul

Again short on pictures, sorry.

Ready or Not, Here They Come, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Aaron, Erik, Joey, Jr., and Brianna all sat down at their computers and applied for scholarships. While their father had come into some money, along with this house he inherited, he still wanted his kids to know you have to work for what you get. He would supplement, if needed, but they had to find the way in, so to speak.

“Done and done,” Erik said, as he submitted his three applications, wondering if he would even qualify. Don’t look at my bank account, that’s my retirement in the making. He was also still miffed he had to continue his education. Erik was wildly popular and successful. Riding high on his accomplishments, he fumed, but eventually bowed to the Logic of Joseph Cantrell, Sr.’s wisdom.
    1IQAgum.jpg

“You’re on top of the wave at this moment in time and both your mother and I can’t be more proud, son. But, even good things must come to an end, and we just want you to have something as a back up, when they do.”

“Are you wishing for my failure?” Again, Erik’s eyes were ablaze. He loved and respected his father. Joseph started out as a school teacher and moved up the ranks to Professor. He was solicited by the Vulcan Embassy on Earth, to move to Vulcan and help the Community of Humans there, by presiding over their school. Aaron was an infant at the time, Louise pregnant again for a second time, when Joseph uprooted his little family and made what should only have been a three month spaceflight to the red planet. Since Joseph’s salary proved inadequate in many ways, his space skiff lacked many amenities, including Warp Speed. Consequently, the trip took nearly six months.

Erik was born in space.

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

“This morning, I stopped by one of our new neighbor’s homes for a Breakfast Meeting. Captain Drake Golden and his family have been stationed here very recently. One of his five daughters just graduated early, same as you four, and he’s looking to have her attend Britechester-U. As the new Dean of Students, I was asked to meet with them. I also told them I would have you kids drop by and get to know Kayleigh. You can imagine, being a Military Brat, she mostly keeps to herself. If you all get along, I’m going to suggest you five dorm together. Wyvern Hall, is that what you have agreed upon?”

“Seems like the best choice,” Aaron spoke up from his place on the sofa. The family was gathered around the raised fireplace in the living room of this ancient dwelling. A log cabin at one time, his father’s Grand-Uncle had gone a long way in refurbishing it. Forced air heating and cooling, log walls restored and treated against termites, wood floors also restored and sealed. It managed to be comfortable. “Wyvern Hall is also Co-Ed, so we can be there to safeguard Bree.”

“And this Kayleigh person,” Erik said, “Should she decide on the same dorm. Kayleigh. Isn’t that a beautiful name? Lyrical …”

“Uh-oh and off he goes on one of his tangents,” Joey rolled his blue eyes.
    “Probably already writing up lyrics to his next song,” Aaron smirked.
    “Really, Erik,” Joey said, “are you certain you want to room with us? Don’t you want a place of your own so we can’t disturb your creative flow?”

“Leave him alone,” Brianna suddenly spoke up. “You are both just jealous.”

“Well, now we know who you favor.”
    “Joey, give it up,” she said getting up to make her way into the adjoining kitchen. “I favor all of my brothers, but especially, this one,” she said, taking the red-haired Toddler from his high chair. Adrian was a change-of-life surprise. Only two of the children had their father’s red hair. The eldest and the youngest. The rest where blond like their mother, whose Scandinavian roots presided.

edited June 2023
    Yes, I have been sitting on these. ;) All caught up, now.

Caught In Cupid’s Crossbow, a NEW Erik Cantrell Save

Erik headed out in the wee hours to lay down some additional tracks, bringing the total enough for five more albums. Two to be released before he headed off to Britechester-U and three more. Realizing time would be a precious, though scarce, commodity while at Uni, he wanted to remain relevant by putting out new work. He figured one album per term, should do it. The dawn was breaking over the hillside by the time he returned. Already the Fall air was warm. Erik grabbed Brianna and the two headed on down the hill to the Golden house across from the Red Dragon Asian restaurant, which made it delightfully easy to locate.
    Erik knocked on the front door and was invited in. “Captain Drake Golden?” he said, extending his hand. “I’m Erik. Erik Cantrell, my father Professor Cantrell asked my sister and I to come and meet Kayleigh, is it?”
    “Oh, yes, thank you. We’re sending her off to uni and we hoped she could meet others who would be on campus, so she’s not so all alone. She’s still a teen. Would be nice for her to know other teens on campus. But, I’m afraid, she’s gone shopping with her mother, my wife. I can tell her you stopped by.”
    4KWCqgi.jpg

“Thank you,” Brianna said with a bright smile, taking Erik by the arm. “We’ll give her a call, if that’s all right.”

Erik went back to the studios to package an album. He was away for a couple of hours. During that time Brianna called the Golden household and learned Kayleigh was back from her shopping excursion. “Hello? This is Kayleigh Golden,” she said.

“Hi, Kayleigh, this is Brianna Cantrell, Professor Cantrell’s daughter. Would you like to come over, so we can get acquainted? We live at the top of the hill. You can’t miss it.”

“I’ll be a few minutes, I have some things to put away, first, but I would be delighted to come over. Thank you.”

“Oh, that’s great. See you then.”
    As Fate would have things, Kayleigh was delayed. She arrived just as Erik, using a personal transporter, did. Erik did his best not to stare, but felt curiously drawn to this vision.
    FfWrG8V.jpg

“Are you Kayleigh?” he asked. As they both walked toward each other, as if mesmerized.

“Yes. Yes, I am, but I seriously doubt you’re Brianna,” she giggled.
    “No, I’m her older brother, Erik. Would you like to come inside?”
    “Yes,” she said. Erik brought her indoors, called for Brianna, letting her know her guest had arrived and then proceeded to give Kayleigh a brief tour of the Historic Cantrell House.
    “And this is our game room,” he said, showing her in. “Care for a round of Don’t Wake the Llama? I know my sister, when she’s got her brain wrapped around an artifact, she can lose track of time. And, she has to finish her authentication of the last two objects the Institution sent her.”
    z2bi3Vt.jpg

“You’re sister is an Archaeologist? At her age?”
    “We grew up on Vulcan.” Erik shrugged, as he pulled a rod from the stack.

Erik read about the phenomenon of love at first sight, but like many others, he had his doubts. Nobody falls in love that fast. Do they? Certainly, heretofore he never experienced it. How is it possible I feel like this? As if I’ve known you for years.

Before he beamed back to her house with Kayleigh, he made certain to exchange numbers. “It’s been a delight to make your acquaintance,” he said, when they arrived. “And am I seeing double?”

To which Kayleigh and Hayleigh just giggled.
    “May I kiss you?” Erik said. Kayleigh blushed as she nodded in consent.
    “Please.”
    5K6SZ3Q.jpg

*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Again, Erik spent the wee hours at the studio getting albums packaged so all he need do is release them, which took time, but not as much as doing it all at once. Arriving at dawn, he waited for a couple of hours then texted Kayleigh, asking her out on a date.

Her text came back quickly, to his delight. “Yes, I would love to go to breakfast.”
    Erik wanted to take things slow, despite how certain his heart was. They needed to get to know each other to be certain they fit, so to speak. Shown to a table right away, another good reason to arrive as early as they did, Erik engaged Kayleigh in conversation.

Qlb79u6.jpg
    Which got quite animated at times, as they had deep conversations, delving into each others’ wants and desires, likes and dislikes, goals, life plans, did they like/want children?
    ADvT8Av.jpg

The end result is they both had similar life paths.
    O9GyFiW.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,206 Member
    Lots of great updates.
    @DaniRose2143
    P.1109 Haha now Warner learned why he shouldn’t let her out of his sight. Brytani was at the right place at the right time😆
    P.1110 Nice! The renovation has begun, I was actually thinking about their home and its progress since their last update. Its really cool to see their homes expansion as it progresses. That mod is really neat. Oof sad to see the aftermath of the fire at Celebrazioni. Londyn looks amazing, love the dress! For a second I thought she was another sim with her hair down, but Danielle would never❤️
    @Metior_Ice
    P.1109 Oo I see, thank you the explanation. I am glad he survived, and although he can’t remember his past he continues living as a merman.
    @Zucchinionpizza
    P.1110 Haha you’re right. I realized that afterwards as well.
    Lol Bunga didn’t have an audience for her live cooking😭 Haha Agnes got clipped through the display😂 Nice, new home!
    @GalacticGal
    P.1110 Thank you, but worries. Nora won’t go missing. She did wander off on her own though and then I realized how big the forest really is😳 P.1111 Aww I’m glad the siblings waited for Joey while he had detention. Brings me back memories. I actually had high school the same time with 3 of my siblings and usually when one was forced to stay late, we’d all wait around. It was a long walk home. Lucky Erik, graduating early! Haha still not in the clear though😆 University is next Erik😉 P.1111 Haha Erik saying Kayleigh’s name sounds lyrical. If you knew what the future holds Erik. Love Brianna’s line “I favor all of my brothers, but especially, this one,” It’s always the youngest sibling🥰 Oof Kayleighs not home, but they’ll meet soon😉 Great timing Erik, arriving just as she did. Their first kiss, it begins again☺️ Looks like their date went well.
    @LonelyWolfTales
    P.1110 Glad you enjoyed the update, and you’re right! When you’re a cute chubby baby, making friends is much easier😆
    Ianto’s realizing somethings up with Owen. Awww another cute chick❤️ Neat, Mikkel assembled a lego rocket! Oh no, don’t bring him Owen.😖Busted👀 P.1111 Wow that flashback😧 Owens ruthless with Ianto😔 Jack did have a plan😮 Sad and horrible detail about his relation with ‘Greg’. Those aliens are horrible. Glad his plan worked, but yet I feel bad for Owen. Very well written chapter, the twist and emotions. All done well. I’m interested in the aftermath now with Owen, though it doesn’t look like it’ll all be well with him.
    @Ellupelluellu
    P.1110 Thank you, and I agree! A refresh is needed for Outdoor Retreat. Shame they only did a refresh once.
    @DreamPrincess
    P.1110 I’ve only ever visited Sylvan Glade once and that years ago. Aw Roddy went camping, nice to let his father know he’s fine☺️ It’s not camping without catching a couple of frogs😉 P.1111 Lovely segment with Shine and Benjamin. No matter the weather, the lighthouse is always a perfect spot for a kiss and some fun as well😉 Great shots!
    @Brd709
    The babysitter has them all on a wild goose chase. She disappeared fast with the kids😳 I thought Clive disappeared suddenly too and now he’s there.
    @Haneul
    I was relieved the situation with Olivia was fixed as well, and I hope she’ll be happy with Scarlett. I think Connie and Mitchell will become best friends, they were adorable together. Connie’s definitely looking at the future in acting. As for Nora, she really is enjoying being naughty😆 Those interactions are really her own doing. Seeing everyones reaction, I can see why she’s having fun😆
    @PlumbobCrossing
    Aw congratulations to the couple on the birth of the twins, looking forward to updates of them as infants.
    @Lucy_Henley
    William and Barbara look sweet, good luck to them on their path to distinguished degrees.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,206 Member
    Continuing on Nora’s adventure:
    Joining Brytani and Nora another sim came along. “Can you believe her parents lost her? Such carelessness!” Brytani told them, wasting no time to tell her about Nora’s situation. lkAn8f8.png
    Warner was able to spot Nora and quickly ran to her. He called her name and was shocked to see Brytani Cho. Brytani asked him if he was Nora’s father. After replying yes, Warner admitted he failed to keep eye on her. He quickly asked for her autograph. “You clearly need to do better” Brytani told him. She smiled that Nora’s parent found her, but upon hearing his request for an autograph she said “No 🙂”. She did a complete 180 and walked away. Even the sim in the bear suit missed out on a chance for an autograph. EXtFcTf.png As she walked away Nora went trailing behind her😂 “Did my child become friends with Brytani?” Warner asked himself as he simply stared. m2d2Cxm.png As it got darker they all headed back to their rental. Even Brytani joined them. She hugged Nora. ivNQkgr.png “Alright that’s all folks” Brytani said as she waved….though there was no one else there. nDaOWha.png Not a bad day. Nora had fun. XtNKy8Y.png Warner told ghost stories around the campfire. v72zDm7.png “Hey Nora. I heard you got lost earlier” Her grandpa Justin told her. Hiutlbc.png “NO!” Nora quickly replied defending herself. In her mind she wasn’t lost, she was just exploring. Warner smiled, “Well that settles that. We don’t have to tell mom anything then” H2KrZf9.png Everyone went to sleep after. Brytani sat alone outside, sad that was left alone. To be honest I had no idea she was still around😅 KU3QT4l.png

Back in Del Sol Valley with the house to herself and no toddler to check on, Colette focused on more personal matters. Her 5 year suspension from practicing law was about to come to an end. Once it was over she was free to take the bar exam to get her license back. There was still some time left so for now she took the chance to study. v1mMchf.png
    The next morning Colette went out for a jog.(She received the scar from when she was attacked by the werewolf.) Her phone notified her that a package she ordered was delivered. It was something she hoped Nora would enjoy. As she erased the message, she smiled at the thought of what Nora was doing that very moment. 7ohvqyV.png While preparing Nora for the trip Warner forgot to pack his shaving kit. Overnight his hair and beard grew significantly. Nora was scared of the man who walked in the room, that wasn’t her Dada. She flinched as Warner extended his arm to her. BEvP3Hk.png “What’s wrong, Nor? Its me.” Warner told her as he tried touching her cheek. DZvBte1.png He got way too close, Nora bit his finger. NRAL3nu.png “OW!” Warner quickly drew back his hand😭 while Nora began to cry. vv3wHKI.png Grandpa Justin took Nora away to calm her down. “I’m sure your dad will never leave the house without a razor now, right Nora?” Justin asked. Nora got excited, “Where dada?”2S5w9XE.png After losing Nora the day before, Warner thought it was best to stay back at the rental while Justin and Aaron went hiking. Nora didn’t mind, she had fun on her own. OrqicXZ.png The two went on a small walk afterwards. “Bluey bird!” Shouted Nora. Uudf8VU.png It was their final day at Granite Falls, overall it was a fun experience. qz5si5y.png
  • jadetchijadetchi Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2023
    Avery and Noah went to prom today.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_20-28-37.png?width=1193&height=671
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_20-28-45.png?width=1193&height=671

At prom, Avery met Sergio Coombes. They danced and talked all night.
    The following day, Avery received a phone call from him!
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_20-57-28.png?width=1193&height=671
    She was nervous, but said yes.
    They chatted about how uneventful prom was.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_20-58-03.png?width=1193&height=671
    Avery was beginning to develop feelings for Sergio, and hoped the feeling was mutual.
    They stayed in the park until dark, flirting and playing.
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_21-00-26.png?width=1193&height=671
    They took selfies.
    02-24-23_9-00-46_PM.png?width=1193&height=671
    02-24-23_9-01-01_PM.png?width=1193&height=671
    And Avery landed her first ever kiss!
    TS4_x64_2023-02-24_21-03-32.png?width=1193&height=671
    She is smitten, and hung the photos up on her bedroom wall as soon as she got home. Things are finally starting to pick up after losing her Dad.
    b8xtb7d56xd3.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,185 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves,
    As of typing, the Frog collection has been completed, so a plaque should be arriving. Also, Sylvian Glades is pretty dang bright. Not as bright as a room filled with the Subtle Saucer Lights, which has the same lumens as the sun itself.
    reaction-my-eyes.gif
    It's very pretty though and one of my favourite hidden areas.

e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 1,940 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves Clive explains all about the past few years in the next update.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top