Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’d like to see a simple Jungle adventure refresh

I ‘d love to see them opening up the world in Jungle Adventure to living there. Maybe they could add being able to live there after you have developed the culture or something? I so badly want one of my sims to be able to live in one of the lots. Also I think we should be able to visit both Jungle adventure lots and Outdoor retreat lots without having to pay to spend the night there. The other thing it would be nice to add to both Jungle adventure and Outdoor retreat is swimming in the water in the lakes of rivers. ( at least a certain area of them ). Being able to use the boat from island living there would be nice there too.

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    100% agree.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would like hiking trails as well up there like yeah like finding treasure is okay but I would also like to have the option to hike, mountain climb.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I don’t think this change would be as simple as some people seem to think, since elements of the gameplay are already tied to the vacation aspect and would have to be remade, like how the parts of the jungle that you can access are designed to change each vacation - that wouldn’t work if the world was simply made residential.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    I would love to use selvadorada and granite falls as residential worlds. When residential worlds were updated to allow rental homes, I was disappointed that vacation worlds weren't updated to allow residential homes. Swimmable waters in these worlds would be great but I think if it was possible to add this to existing worlds, the sims team would already have done so.

@Briana2425 I like your idea as well, never thought about it until now. a hiking trail in these worlds would be awesome.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member
    I think it would be nice if we could open the Selvadorada sites as museums after we discover them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited February 2023
    I too wish selvadorada and granite falls could be residential

the way all worlds can be vacation worlds now it feels like unneeded restriction to not be able to live in these worlds

like sure sims can just own empty lot and keep vacationing constantly but its kind of annoying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,654 Member
    I'd be happy even if just one or two lots per vacation world were made residential. Technically it might be fine to make one hood residential, while the deep jungle access hood of Selvadorada and the deep forest of Granite Falls stay as they are.

Modders made it possible to reside in Selvadorada, so I don't see why it should be a big job for EA to make the same change.

About mountain climbing and hiking trails, they were both features of other packs, and I don't mind them staying that way. I like to have unique reasons for visiting/playing each world, rather than "all" features being made BG free. If making a JA refresh there could be added some sightseeing tour etc though, maybe a NPC guide leading a small group into the first few levels of the jungle, or even just walking in the open hoods, too. Might be harder relating to original community lots though, as many of us do change the lot content over time.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I don’t think this change would be as simple as some people seem to think, since elements of the gameplay are already tied to the vacation aspect and would have to be remade, like how the parts of the jungle that you can access are designed to change each vacation - that wouldn’t work if the world was simply made residential.

I don’t expect them to change the jungle part, just the individual lots. And maybe add some swimming area like where you can fish by the dock.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    I wish my scientific expedition team could live there. I stopped using the turning into residential world mod, and I find the house remains resident, but it will reset empty when the household goes out and back. I think they can fix the issue and make the museum neighbourhood resident.
  • ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I don’t expect them to change the jungle part, just the individual lots. And maybe add some swimming area like where you can fish by the dock.

The problem is that they would have to change the jungle part- it’s coded around the fact that sims can only visit while on vacation, so accessible areas change each time, gates reset between vacations etc. If sims can live in the world (or visit at any time without booking a rental lot) this mechanic doesn’t work. Allowing sims to live in the world would require a fundamental overhaul of how the jungle actually works. It’s ok in a mod because users can accept the trade-off that another feature will not work as intended, but that’s not ok in a game update.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wish we could get another world like Selvadorada if this can't have the residential option, maybe a world that's considered in close proximity to Selvadorada.
    edited February 2023

The problem is that they would have to change the jungle part- it’s coded around the fact that sims can only visit while on vacation, so accessible areas change each time, gates reset between vacations etc. If sims can live in the world (or visit at any time without booking a rental lot) this mechanic doesn’t work. Allowing sims to live in the world would require a fundamental overhaul of how the jungle actually works. It’s ok in a mod because users can accept the trade-off that another feature will not work as intended, but that’s not ok in a game update.

Ok, I see where you are coming from.
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I wish we could get another world like Selvadorada if this can't have the residential option, maybe a world that's considered in close proximity to Selvadorada.

I would love another world like the one in Jungle adventure that we could live in….
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
    My wish is that when they stop producing new packs, that they could create a few more empty worlds based on the styles we already got. I wouldn't request a fantastic or original world concept, simply an addition/expansion of earlier worlds with more residential lots. Oasis Springs II can't be that costly to produce, Selvadorada II might require some more planning and distant views, but they could base it on a remake and just adjust lot placements and trails and just enough bigger changes to the world map to let us tell a difference.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2023

That's a fair point, and one I had not considered before. However, it seems like this possibly could be addressed by having the change in the jungle accessible areas triggered by taking a vacation, whereas it would remain static for sims who chose to live there on a residential lot or just visit other lots.

Just in case everyone is not aware, now that we have rental lots, your sims can still choose the "take a vacation" option, but it is now available for any world that currently has a rental lot, not just the original vacation worlds.

So I could see it working something like this:

1) Your sim lives in Selvadorada: the jungle park areas do not change (at least unless/until triggered by another sim taking a vacation if you rotate to another household).

2) Your sim lives in another world, but just travels to the bar, for example: the jungle areas do not change.

3) Your sim lives in another world, selects take a vacation, and then takes a vacation to a rental lot in Selvadorada: the jungle areas DO change.

I don't know how hard or easy that would actually be to change, but it does seem like an option, at least. For that matter, for all I know, maybe that's already what triggers the change to the jungle area?

ETA: in that case, even your sims who lived in that world would still be able to access changed jungle areas by simply temporarily renting a rental lot. I.e., taking a "staycation" in their own world.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

That's a fair point, and one I had not considered before. However, it seems like this possibly could be addressed by having the change in the jungle accessible areas triggered by taking a vacation, whereas it would remain static for sims who chose to live there on a residential lot or just visit other lots.

Just in case everyone is not aware, now that we have rental lots, your sims can still choose the "take a vacation" option, but it is now available for any world that currently has a rental lot, not just the original vacation worlds.

So I could see it working something like this:

1) Your sim lives in Selvadorada: the jungle park areas do not change (at least unless/until triggered by another sim taking a vacation if you rotate to another household).

2) Your sim lives in another world, but just travels to the bar, for example: the jungle areas do not change.

3) Your sim lives in another world, selects take a vacation, and then takes a vacation to a rental lot in Selvadorada: the jungle areas DO change.

I don't know how hard or easy that would actually be to change, but it does seem like an option, at least. For that matter, for all I know, maybe that's already what triggers the change to the jungle area?

ETA: in that case, even your sims who lived in that world would still be able to access changed jungle areas by simply temporarily renting a rental lot. I.e., taking a "staycation" in their own world.

Maybe they could make it when you first enter the jungle where a pop up comes up asking if you want the jungle to change.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    I wish that the Temple lot type could be redone to work similarly to the Auditorium/Community Space lots with 4 versions of the lot assigned at random, and the ability to swap them out for fresh ones from the gallery after completion.

I think there are 5 layouts, currently, but you can't change them.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I so want Selvadorada to be able to have residential lots in the World, please! :p
    Talking about the jungle... They could find a way to turn off the holiday lights and deco for lots like the temple. My jungle explorer found the temple fully lit and I don't even think it was New Years Eve. I'm sick of the auto deco anywhere in the game, but in the deep deep jungle it just felt veeeery wrong. I didn't even know there was electricity in there...
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    A little off topic, but you can disable auto deco in the holiday settings by deselecting the deco theme fod all holidays that come with a theme, @Simmerville .
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I love rock climbing for my sims. Wish there were cliffs with a great view for the sims to climb in the jungle. I would pay for a dlc that added a new little map for climbing.