Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses gamepack later this (2023) year?

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

Well you could have horses in an expansion if the expansion was more than just horses but the horses were the main feature.

As someone else said it would be a great opportunity to have the first premade native sim and you could get so much good CAS and build and buy.

Imagine if 2023 is Infant/Family expansion, Fairy game pack, Horse/Native American expansion. They would shut up so many people on twitter with this line up 😂😂.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

If we have unicorns they will be in horse game pack.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Thinking a horses GP is most likely - considering they had cats and dogs, two species, for an EP, content wise for this game a GP for hoses makes sense.

Unless they were to release a time travel world focused on the past instead of the future, and they put horses in that EP. Which I'd honestly love, but I think a GP is more likely for just horses.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    horses are vary lackey coming just based off the hints and the Behind The Sims Summit Stream the one in oct had a pitcher of what looked to be a country kitchen so ya i think we be getting them soon still I've been wrong before
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    The 2 minute trailer of Grow Together has like 8 horses/unicorn items in it.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    By now we can be sure that nearest gamepack is horse oriented. And if not the next then very near
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Well, they did seem to hint at horses and unicorns and fairies in the growing together expansion trailer as there was a horse puzzles, unicorn drawings and tooth fairy picture or drawings.

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Apricus wrote: »
    The 2 minute trailer of Grow Together has like 8 horses/unicorn items in it.

Quite a few fairies too.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    We already have horses programmed in the game??? What? First I've heard of that!
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2023
    There was horse coding added along with Cats & Dogs, however, they probably didn't fit in the scope of time or budget allowed.
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    I really hope we are going to get horses later this year. Horses are one of the things I miss about Sims 3.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope they will bring some more small animals with horses, like birds. Parrots, and budgies. Maybe some one block animals in a glass aquarium like lizards, water turtles, tarantula, snakes and hermit crabs. And I hope they will incorporate animals with parenthood, so children can earn responsibility etc. with the care of them. I wish they had incorporated these things in parenthood with the frogs we have, and the insects from outdoor retreat, as it is usually children and teens that keep these things in my game.

Would be lovely if they added insects like caterpillars and butterflies to hatch or ladybugs children could try to catch, or snails to catch and sing to. Big hairy tarantulas and bearded dragons would be fun too, especially if we had to buy or catch cockroaches, crickets, or worms to feed them.

It would be nice if they expanded on the insects that are in Outdoor retreat and made them pair up with parenthood with responsibilities, being able to hold them etc. I think they need a bit of a refresh for outdoor retreat anyway. Some of my child sims catch insects to keep at home in Granite Falls now, but they can’t do anything with them now. I would like to be able to see them feed them, and hold them, and get responsibility for caring for them.

• jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Lilsimsie did mention it in her video and so did Iron Seagull btw.

Iron Seagull doesn't work on buildings for the Sims as he's not a builder...he's even speculating about them. The person you replied to talked about how some builders might have worked on a horse Pack
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think Horses will be a Game Pack and come in a very horsey world.

I don't know if we'll get them this year - I mean, horses are said to be THE most difficult thing to animate. And with Growing Together, I feel like there will be some sort of family-based pack. But we are owed a game pack so, who knows?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm hoping for an Olden Days Western with Horses, Stables, Blacksmiths, Wagons & one Room Grad Schools. And no phones.
  • Brooke_67634Brooke_67634 Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love for horses to be in the sims 4 like they were in sims 3. I feel they could do a GP or an Ep. They could call it something like an "Equestrian life pack"

GP - If they were to make a GP they could make it go with "cottage living" like how "my first pets" kinda goes with "Cats and Dogs".

EP - If they were to make it an EP then they could give it its own world with just huge lots (Maybe bigger than 64x64 but idk) and you can build your own stables. Also, I would want to have more horses than just the restricted household of 8 sims but I also wouldn't want them tied to the lot like the cows and llamas). They could also add new skills, jobs, traits, aspirations, deaths (like if you fall off your horse too much idk they like adding weird deaths lol), and even more. I would hope there wouldn't just be one model as well, I was thinking they could either go simple and just do Draft (big), Normal, Ponys and/or miniatures (small). Or they could do it like how they did for the cats and the dogs and put all the breeds in (granted this would take longer so we wouldn't get it for a while but it would be worth it). I would also love it if your sim could like compete in competitions or maybe you can teach others how to ride. Like if you have a family your sim could teach your Kids or anyone.
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think Horses will be a Game Pack and come in a very horsey world.

I don't know if we'll get them this year - I mean, horses are said to be THE most difficult thing to animate. And with Growing Together, I feel like there will be some sort of family-based pack. But we are owed a game pack so, who knows?

I mean horse hints have been really strong and frequent this year so its quite possible
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I still believe the best solution is a medieval pack. Because that would be a good theme for working in both horses and fairies.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited March 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm hoping for an Olden Days Western with Horses, Stables, Blacksmiths, Wagons & one Room Grad Schools. And no phones.

THis would be amazing. But if not olden days then at the very least a dude ranch/working ranch. Boarding stable etc
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    I still believe the best solution is a medieval pack. Because that would be a good theme for working in both horses and fairies.

A royal pack could also bring horses without going back to the middle ages. Royals are known for equestrian activities: Polo, Racing, Dressage. South Africa could be a really well fitting setting for the world or New Zealand
    Medieval or royalty pack with horses, unicorns and fairies would be amazing, but I have a feeling that horses will come in surrounding of western/ranch/or Native American themed game pack
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    This sounds great! I hope kids can ride horses this time around. That is my gripe regarding horses in the sims 3; that kids cannot ride horses (well, that and how the galloping animation gets messed up as horses max their racing skill). Even if kids can ride ponies (short horses) instead of the standard height horse that would be nice. Like sim dogs, a full-grown sim horse can come in two sizes?
    octotiger wrote: »
    This sounds great! I hope kids can ride horses this time around. That is my gripe regarding horses in the sims 3; that kids cannot ride horses (well, that and how the galloping animation gets messed up as horses max their racing skill). Even if kids can ride ponies (short horses) instead of the standard height horse that would be nice. Like sim dogs, a full-grown sim horse can come in two sizes?

Maybe if they make whole horses gamepack they will add ponies options so kids can ride them as well
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    I would like it if the horse GP featured a lot of Indigenous First Nations (Native American) culture.

If not that, then Mongolian horse riding, or Arabian, or Argentinian.

I really hope it's not too focused on British style equestrian riding.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I would like it if the horse GP featured a lot of Indigenous First Nations (Native American) culture.

If not that, then Mongolian horse riding, or Arabian, or Argentinian.

I really hope it's not too focused on British style equestrian riding.

If they base on Arabian horses hope they give us a wall carpet with the abduction from serai theme.

il_680x540.811364528_9j69.jpg