Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ?

Comments

• OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It's a day-one buy for me, given what I have seen. There is no benefit to preordering, so I will just purchase on release.
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    I did pre order and am anxiously waiting it's release. I am one who enjoys having all of the packs, kits, expansions, etc...
    So I guess it's no surprise that I pre ordered. I have also been inactive for quite a few years due to lack of a computer to play on.

I am so very happy to be back!!

@temerald7667 welcome back! 🙂 👋🏼

Hi @simgirl1010

SulSul It is wonderful to be back! I have missed my sims and this wonderful Sims community! How are things in your world? :smile:
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I seriously don't understand the point of preordering digital games... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i will order before the April date to get the extras
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2023
    I vote No as Sims 4 is not on my radar these days or months and it does not really offer features that was in previous versions and do not feel it is worth the money asked for it and if I do change my mind, I will get it at a much cheaper price.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I seriously don't understand the point of preordering digital games... lol

Sometimes there are goodies or whatnot that come if you preorder, but this doesn't have any such thing. So in this case there's really no point.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I pre-ordered it on the same day we say the trailer. Family gameplay is something I have been wanting for a long time.
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    will be per-ordering next month
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I am not preordering, because I want to wait if severe bugs occur plus I have a lot of work to do that particular Thursday/Friday/Saturday. If there are no gamebreaking bugs I will probably buy it Saturday evening after work.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    I'll preorder once we see gameplay in the livestream. Assuming they manage to avoid a repeat of MWS, I'll preorder then.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Honestly it's not the sort of pack I can see myself getting a lot of use out of. I am a family player, albeit with occults, but I tend to age babies and toddlers up pretty quickly, because I get bored with them easily. I did consider whether or not this pack might make certain life stages more fun for me to play but I also haven't been too pleased with some of the ageism I've noticed on some Sims twitter posts, and I tend to not reward companies for things like ageism by buying their products. That's just me though, for those who are really looking forward to this pack I am happy for you. :)
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• CiralindeCiralinde Posts: 81 Member
    @GrimlyFiendish What do you mean with the ageism?
  • ChangkraChangkra Posts: 165 Member
    I definitely wont until they sort out EA App. Pointless buying it when you cannot connect to the server.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Ciralinde wrote: »

Just some of the ways on twitter that they've presented elder sims in the pack, like implying that elders don't know how to use technology, and elders are grumpy, and they only listen to one radio station and one type of music. It all feels very stereotyped and ageist to me, and doesn't reflect the majority of older people in real life that I know.

Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member

Just some of the ways on twitter that they've presented elder sims in the pack, like implying that elders don't know how to use technology, and elders are grumpy, and they only listen to one radio station and one type of music. It all feels very stereotyped and ageist to me, and doesn't reflect the majority of older people in real life that I know.
    But... my daughter-in-law spent an hour at Christmas setting up my phone the way I wanted it. And I am grumpy. And I do only listen to one radio station, rock n roll oldies. If it isn't The Stones or Led Zeppelin or such, get outta here! LOL.

My point is some elders really are like that. I find it amusing, not insulting.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'll be preordering...in fact, I may as well do it now, lol. I find it adds to the excitement! I work nights, and i'm generally asleep when games are released, so knowing itll be there when I wake up is fun. :smiley:

Edit: annnnnnd preordered! haha
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes I'm preordering but I don't really see the advantage to do so because I'm still going to have to wait till 1pm eastern time March 16th. I plan on preordering for both my PC and PS5.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Nah, there is no real benefit to pre-ordering so why would I?
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I feel like stereotype yes but ageist no. The majority of elderly people get help with technology from younger people, ignore technology entirely or talk about technology as if it’s alien to them.

Including that in the game is not really any different than teens getting the tantrum phases or children making mess with paint. It’s just sims humor, they always stereotype.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I feel like stereotype yes but ageist no. The majority of elderly people get help with technology from younger people, ignore technology entirely or talk about technology as if it’s alien to them.

Actually I wouldn't say the majority but definitely there are some. My mother in her 90's was always calling me for help and I was/am a senior.

I think what I find annoys me is not the tech stuff ingame with elders but the fact as soon as my sim is one they are unable to exercise or woohoo w/o a death risk. Seriously? Ha ha.. Surprise younger generation. Seniors can still woohoo and workout without risk. If I had the choice I would have a senior option and then at the end can be the elder.
    However too many ages in Sims can just create problems so I'm fine with the way it is now. Except maybe a refresh and make elders walk straighter and woohoo without dying. ;-)

And yes stereotype is somewhat rampant in Sims. However maybe they could give us a dial phone so the elders could take away their grandchildrens cell phones and see if they can actually dial a number. J/K please dont make this an option EA.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Nah, there is no real benefit to pre-ordering so why would I?
    Really no benefit besides the 3 bonus items but you have a month to make sure the pack not a complete buggy mess that will destroy your game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    I had a pretty rough day a few weeks ago and figured if I was already going to buy Growing Together the day it came out, I may as well preorder to cheer myself up lol
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've pre-ordered early because it's just after I paid my end of the month bills. That way I don't have to be concerned about messing up with my March budget. ;)
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I don't preorder sims packs any more. Far to often the packs are completely broken for example My Wedding Nightmare or Bug the Dust. Dine Out is still bugged. I will buy this pack but I will wait tell I know it is functional. I actually an excited about this pack. I just been burned by EA's lack of quality control too often to ever preorder again. I will let others prepay to be the beta testers. I will wait tell the pack is playable.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've pre-ordered early because it's just after I paid my end of the month bills. That way I don't have to be concerned about messing up with my March budget. ;)

@SERVERFRA I don't know how you paid when you pre-ordered, but I used a debit/credit card & they won't be taking the money out until the EP is released. Just wanted to mention it because I wouldn't want your budget messed up. I know how that is since I have a strict buget myself.