Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What things have you excited to Grow Together ❤️?

Comments

• Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I love it all. I wonder how they will effect aging. I hope they don't shorten other ages to make room for Infants. I think time goes by to fast I want to be able to do more each day. And has anybody thought about the 100 Baby Challenge. If you thought it was a challenge then your poor sims are going to need tranquilizers with Infants coming. And rushing them through aging I wonder how the new traits will affect them. Yikes!!!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Comes across as an ambitious and complex attempt at Generations. Which makes me nervous. EA has not been good with regular things lately, two of the last packs have been bugfests, so what could possibly go wrong with an ambitious pack? BTW, it may be themed on Frisco, but that bridge sure looks like the one in Boston.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2023

Removed. Picture not working.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    It's a small thing, but I can't wait to have sleeping bags! XD
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited February 2023
    Everything!!

+1 I haven't been this excited for an expansion pack in years. Will probably skip the sale on this one and buy release day.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    The whole pack just looks super adorable! I am kinda gutted that I can't get it on release because I'm all too aware that it probably won't be functional to start with, but I can't wait to eventually get it. I don't think I can pick one specific thing that I'm most excited about!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2023
    sleeping bags
    family gameplay in general
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I saw so many things in the trailer that we, the players, have asked for. I saw a play mat for the baby! I saw n upright piano! I like the fact out Sims will be able to put a jigsaw puzzle together. (And, no, you don't have to be in a community center to do that.) Be kind, some of us players are Elders. I will be turning 68 in the Spring. I just hope this EP is all its cracked up to be. Everybody was hoping for Generations, (which for me was a major bust, I'm afraid) I never did many of the options it came with. I've already pre-ordered so, I don't have to worry about finding the funds once it's released. I'm also tempering my own excitement/expectations so that I'll be less apt for disappointment.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well because I know that a new older baby lifestate with birthmarks will be in the base on March 3rd., I'm not too sure yet what I'll be excited about the pack. I need to see the second trailer to get a better idea.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2023
    There's a lot of stuff that interests me in this pack but I'll just say: more family interactions and the chemistry system.
    I just really love it if we can improve the interactions and relationships between sims and actually make them more distinctive and meaningful. I'm kinda really tired how focused on romance these type of things tend to be. Like, there's really nothing even separating friends and good friends (and BFFs what's even the point?), it's like your sim can't really have any intimate/deeper/special platonic relationships (unless you force it with self-imposed storytelling), it all feels... shallow/cold somehow. This pack sounds like something that could really improve this aspect of the game.
    I just hope it will actually deliver and not be some "different text flavor" simulator. E.g. says that these sims are socially compatible aaaaand basically leaves it at that with seemingly nothing different in their interaction. I also really hope the chemistry system isn't all predictable and cliche. E.g. sims with the same traits will always be compatible while opposite traits will always hate each other. Boooring.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Sleeping bags. finally I can make her husband sleep outside if he cheats.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Thrior wrote: »
    There's a lot of stuff that interests me in this pack but I'll just say: more family interactions and the chemistry system.
    I just really love it if we can improve the interactions and relationships between sims and actually make them more distinctive and meaningful. I'm kinda really tired how focused on romance these type of things tend to be. Like, there's really nothing even separating friends and good friends (and BFFs what's even the point?), it's like your sim can't really have any intimate/deeper/special platonic relationships (unless you force it with self-imposed storytelling), it all feels... shallow/cold somehow. This pack sounds like something that could really improve this aspect of the game.
    I just hope it will actually deliver and not be some "different text flavor" simulator. E.g. says that these sims are socially compatible aaaaand basically leaves it at that with seemingly nothing different in their interaction. I also really hope the chemistry system isn't all predictable and cliche. E.g. sims with the same traits will always be compatible while opposite traits will always hate each other. Boooring.

There's a sentiment specifically for "opposites attract" in the game, so I hope they won't make the chemistry system in a way that prevents those couples from even happening. But I also hope the new social system will result in more meaningful friendships. I tried giving my sims specific friendships but keeping track of that in a rotational save when the game doesn't recognize it at all was hard. Also I like the idea that disliking a sim may be more complex as well. But I do hope the factors that make up the chemistry are more well thought out than things like all elders have a fear of dying.

I hope the milestones will be a new game challenge in each life stage, like character values and skills. I imagine the infant stage will be longer than the current newborn stage, and my need to make aging closer to realistic will require me to change the lengths of all other life stages to match it using MCCC, so I'm concerned that my goals for children and toddlers will get too easy. Milestones may give me another thing to work towards. I'm curious to learn more about them.

The thing I'm most excited about is still treehouses though. And sleeping bags. And more child aspirations. Children have gotten really boring after so many years and I can't wait to have so much more cute stuff for them.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I am hoping I could make 3 sims, and the middle one has a close serious relationship with their older sibling, and a funny silly one with their younger sibling.. And their gran secretly likes the eldest one the most..

If this works as it sounds I would be happy with my purchase. This is really all I want 😬
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I appreciate the inclusion of the whole family not just kids and young adults. The elders look adorable power walking.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Upright piano
    Bikes for kids
    Attraction overhaul
    Familial relationship
    Upright piano
    Not-scrabble
    Upright piano
    Upright piano
  • SteveBridgerSteveBridger Posts: 106 Member
    As odd as it sounds, I'm intrigued by the idea that the new systems might make the relationships between living sims and their departed loved ones more interesting. Two of my families have (playable) ghost relatives still haunting old ancestral homes, which they did actually used to live in before moving. They've even come to stay for a while on occasion, when their living family members needed them. (Toddlers don't seem to mind ghosts much, especially if it's grandma come back to lend some much-needed parenting advice.)
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I never really play families with two parents, let alone play them long enough to have elders/grandparents in game. However, after seeing the trailer and seeing how wholesome and family orientated it is, this is right up my street. I may finally be able to have larger families with more than two children. I personally found the open world/story progression in TS3 so much better. I could move the kids out once old enough and they'd marry and have kids without me having to do that. In TS4, it's rubbish lol
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• PrincessMeiPrincessMei Posts: 1,319 Member
    I'm excited for everything.
    sprinkler.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    They are increasing the max amount of likes and dislikes from 20 to 50! That's huge! At first, I thought it would be sensible to increase it by 5 for every new category, but you'll be able to add 30 more likes and dislikes.
    I wonder what categories will be added... Sim preferences?

Source: https://simscommunity.info/2023/02/15/sims-4-infants-growing-together-new-info/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Ok, now I'm getting a little excited. There's a new playable buildable Venue called Rec Centre that can be like a family Hotel. ;)
  • yumemitchiyumemitchi Posts: 24 Member
    what excites me about growling together… hmm.. i don’t know maybe- EVERYTHING ! ! !
    ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ > ̫ < ⸝⸝ ꒱ა
    i love pink ૮꒰ ⸝⸝ . ̫ . ⸝⸝ ꒱ა 💕💕1yo8yva6q5ot.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    They are increasing the max amount of likes and dislikes from 20 to 50! That's huge! At first, I thought it would be sensible to increase it by 5 for every new category, but you'll be able to add 30 more likes and dislikes.
    I wonder what categories will be added... Sim preferences?

Source: https://simscommunity.info/2023/02/15/sims-4-infants-growing-together-new-info/

Hm... might be just me, but I never used more than 3 likes/dislikes per sim, and can never ever see my self using even 20, LOL.

I did not check any facts etc, but I'd assume the screenshot showing 50 is simply from a game tester/programmer's game, where it would be normal raising any limits while testing, and then set it back to a lower level afterwards. I'm not saying there won't be a higher limit, but maybe not that big a jump?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    @Simmerville

SimGuruNinja tweeted a screenshot showing the increased likes/dislikes.
    And then a response from the Sims implying he was jailed for releasing the info. 🙂
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    @Simmerville

SimGuruNinja tweeted a screenshot showing the increased likes/dislikes.
    And then a response from the Sims implying he was jailed for releasing the info. 🙂

Thanks. I still am not 100% that SimGuruNinja intended to reveal 50 or just to tease the new Soul music? I could not find any comment by him under the tweet to confirm what was his original intention. Anyway, both soul and 50 is good :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,571 Member
    My main sim is an Alien and I've always had her be distant from everyone in the household and while she loves having children, she's not at all interested in parenting her children. It'll be neat to see how I can use that Family Dynamic setting to build that into the game further.