Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    Deli and LilSimsie have both released videos where they state that they each built 3 lots. So, that's at least 6 lots. I think there's one more YouTuber they got to build so that's 9 lots. Then I assume there's one empty lot and maybe one EA built lot. That would put us at 11 lots, which has been the standard size for a while now.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    From what we've seen of the world I'm not too happy with it. It looks base-game-ish. Copperdale remains my favorite. But I am looking forward to a live stream and more videos, so that might change.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    I'd say my neighborhood is mostly made up of Craftsmen, bungalows and ranches. Some post-1960s, but many older homes too.
    image.png
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Yep, I noticed the bridge in the both photos. Definitely looks like San Francisco.

Edit: I wonder if we will be able to go to the bridge or will it just be decor. This could be a time for them to introduce cars to the game.

I think we'll be able to walk on the bridge. I hope the world is swimmable though and takes advantage of all that water.

I don't think we will be able to go to the bridge. I might be wrong though.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I feel as though the big bridge will be set dressing, just like the train station from Snowy Escape, but only time will tell!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think San Sequoia will be a great place to vacation and get a rental.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    edited February 2023
    Is not a suburb referring more to geography, as in a town expanding? That the area is just outside of a city or bigger town, rather than the hood's style of buildings? I traditionally think of suburbs as hoods where mainly workers settled because it was a bit cheaper than living in the city. This has changed a lot over the centuries, also orignal builds can have been upgraded. I guess there now exist suburbs both cheaper and more expensive than a centrally located address. A top notch high society area can also be a suburb as long as it is located close to or is part of the city. These things are probably different around the world, though, also depending a bit on when the town grew, and what kind of industry they were founded on. A city is not always developed exactly wehere the main indstrial area is, ie a river or harbor. I think it would be more correct saying "a typical worker's hood" than a "typical suburb hood" because suburbs can be quite different.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I notice there's a concern about how most of the Worlds are American. I understand that, however Sims 4 is actually an American game, so it makes sense.
    I do appreciate the following worlds:
    Oasis Springs - Mexico/Spain
    Windenburg/Henford/Forgotten Hollow/Glimmerbrook - Europe
    Sulani/Tartosa - Tropical Islands
    Coperdale/Moonwood - Baniff & Jasper Canada

And what I've seen so far, San Sequoia reminds me of Vancouver Canada
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @SERVERFRA I got Vancouver Vibes as well even though I haven't left the island for awhile. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited February 2023
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I notice there's a concern about how most of the Worlds are American. I understand that, however Sims 4 is actually an American game, so it makes sense.

Tartosa is Europe and you can add Britechester to Europe, as well. In addition, I think San Myshuno has some Asian vibes (obviously without being all Asian). Maybe it's just the name and the Karaoke that plays with my mind...

In fact, what worlds are typical American except Willow Creek and Strangerville? I can't see how most worlds are American.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2023

Tartosa is Europe and you can add Britechester to Europe, as well. In addition, I think San Myshuno has some Asian vibes (obviously without being all Asian). Maybe it's just the name and the Karaoke that plays with my mind...

In fact, what worlds are typical American except Willow Creek and Strangerville? I can't see how most worlds are American.

Oasis Springs looks nothing like Spain or Mexico, it's a typical New Mexico/Arizona suburb
    Copperdale looks just like it could be on the Rocky Mountains
    Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest both look as much of an American suburb as Willow Creek
    I always assumed Britechester was inspired in Boston (the whole Foxbury vs Britechester seems inspired in MIT v Harvard)
    Del Sol Valley is clearly inspired by Hollywood/LA
    Evergreen Harbor is based off industrial towns in the Northwestern United States
    Brindleton Bay is based on typical New England seafront towns.
    Granite Falls could be in any wooded area in the States or Canada.
    Edit: Forgot Strangerville, which looks like Colorado (with some Nevada/Arizona references).

The only worlds that are clearly inspired in places outside the US are Windemburg (Germany), Henford on Bagley (England), Tartosa (Croatia with other Mediterranean references), Mt. Komorebi (Japan), Sulani (Polynesia) and Selvadorada (Mexico with other Latin American references).

Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,659 Member
    Nushka wrote: »

Oasis Springs looks nothing like Spain or Mexico, it's a typical New Mexico/Arizona suburb
    Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest both look as much of an American suburb as Willow Creek
    I always assumed Britechester was inspired in Boston (the whole Foxbury vs Britechester seems inspired in MIT v Harvard)
    Evergreen Harbor is based off industrial towns in the Northwestern United States

The only worlds that are clearly inspired in places outside the US are Windemburg (Germany), Henford on Bagley (England), Tartosa (Croatia with other Mediterranean references), Mt. Komorebi (Japan), Sulani (Polynesia) and Selvadorada (Mexico with other Latin American references).

Britechester has always felt like Oxford, U.K. to me, but I can see how it could be a Boston/Ivy League world too. That one is kind of ambiguous.

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited February 2023

Britechester has always felt like Oxford, U.K. to me, but I can see how it could be a Boston/Ivy League world too. That one is kind of ambiguous.

Yes, no Sims worlds are exactly the same as actual real world locations. They probably designed Britechester Uni taking references from various Ivy League Universities as well as Oxbridge. Just like San Myshuno is kind of a mix between downtown San Francisco and several Eastern Asian Cities.
    Happy simming!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

Yes, no Sims worlds are exactly the same as actual real world locations. They probably designed Britechester Uni taking references from various Ivy League Universities as well as Oxbridge. Just like San Myshuno is kind of a mix between downtown San Francisco and several Eastern Asian Cities.

I am not getting an asian vibe from San Myshuno. To me it feels like New York.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

@crocobaura lived in NY my whole life and yup, agreed. It’s as diverse as NY as well, one of San Myshunos strong points

• ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

Britechester was explicitly designed to be British, the Devs said so multiple times during Discover University's release, no it's and buts about it. Though it should have been based on Boston due to how American they made everything else. This was before they went all out in trying to make worlds "authentic". That started with My Komerobi.

Windenberg, while based on Germany, also had French and English inspirations as well. It was bit of a blob culture world.

San Myshuno is also a cultural blob world, and the Devs said it was based on multiple American and Asian cities, but none specific in particular.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'm actually glad that it's a suburb. I know I'm the minority but I really like worlds that look like I could build a house and any house would fit in there. This is why I wish we had blank worlds so I can make the world what I want it to be.

Maybe I'm not 100% on what you mean by suburbs as I'm not American, but I don't see how you could build any type of house if it's a suburb? I thought the suburbs are like Willow Creek, Newcrest, Evergreen Harbour (except the port section) and such where building any type of house doesn't make sense. The builds look a bit like those worlds which is a shame as we have so many American suburban worlds, yet so many parts of our world have zero representation.

I'm with you on the blank worlds though, another Newcrest but in desert or somewhere with no shell buildings do you could do any style would be a dream.

Most American suburbs, especially older suburbs, have a similar aesthetic but are not 100% uniform. Perhaps you are thinking of the types of American housing developments you may have seen on television, which are very uniform and cookie cutter, but that's more of a post-1990s phenomenon. (One of many reasons I was adamant about not buying a house in one of those communities!) My own neighborhood is predominately a mix of Tudor, craftsman, Victorian, and ranch homes. Lots of brick and stone, and similar landscaping, so the over-all effect is still very harmonious, but not at all identical.

In the same way, in some of these TS4 neighborhoods, sure, there are some houses that would look out of places, and there's a focus on regional architecture they have added in B/B, but you do have options for variety. That being said, I would also love a completely blank world or two!

It's also ~1946-50 to provide housing for the returning war veterans that were getting married and starting families.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2023

Honestly I just don't see point in adding worlds at this stage unless its 100% needed for the gameplay of the pack

or its like unique and cool as heck and mindblown poof this is the dream come true

this world I feel like everything that is there could just as well be in newcrest or willow creek and I wouldn't even have an issue

I would have much rather had more gameplay instead which is something we actually lack in the game

*its 3am I should really probably just sleep and not rant about sims worlds at this time though*

⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member

As an English gamer i kind of have to agree with you. I expect the worlds to be american in nature when im playing an american game and i don't feel sore about it. It is nice to see other cultures represented in other packs but that feels like a specific travel feature to me, for me the heart of the game will always be that the sims world is in its very essence based in america.

I really hope we can place other objects at this location.

edited February 2023
    Didn't see this San Sequoia view posted yet. Looks more town-ish than city-ish to me, but we don's see it all.

20230202q.jpg

(from my blog, from a twitter post iirc)
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm sick of beautiful sprawling vistas with nowhere to build. No room for creating bars or parks of your own, because they're positioned on non-buildable land. And you have to remove the canon families because they take up all the building space with their tediously boring houses.

And yet San Sequetia is looking to be another of them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.

I hope they show more details on the splash pad and the world in general in the Gameplay Trailer.

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I’m also English and don’t really mind the whole American game/American world thing but I will say America is just not that interesting and I mean no disrespect! But you see one American suburban town and one American city and you’ve seen a lot of them.

I think we don’t see the nuances between the different states in the way Americans do, they see ‘oh this is Ohio, this is Arkansas’ where as a lot of us just see it as ‘oh it’s America again’.

When Paris, London, Istanbul, Lisbon, the Italian countryside, the Swiss Alps, the Egyptian Pyramids, the Brazilian Favelas, Eastern Europe, Thailand, Colombia and Singapore exist then San Francisco isn’t really all that exciting when there has already been so many American locales. I would expect more USA than other worlds but the percentage is a bit high, especially when you consider how popular Windenburg (Germany?), Henford (U.K.), Komorebi (Japan) and Tartosa (Italy?) are. Sulani too. I think the most popular worlds are the non American ones.

I guess it does help make it feel like your sims aren’t having to take a long haul flight every time they travel somewhere though. And for the content of this specific pack the USA is probably the best choice.

Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am from America, and I agree with you.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen