Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get to Work Refresh after Grow Together?

Okay this might sound really out there but I just had the weirdest brain blast and I need you to follow my train of thought. Please? I'm going to try to backtrack to the beginning:

I was thinking of how I , and others, had thought we would get an active career in this pack because of all the tooth imagery we got in the roadmap. Thinking a dentist career was coming. Then it turned out to be a clutter kit. But then we did see a child sim lose their tooth, and toothfairy proof. And for a second I thought that was it.

BUT THEN (forgive me my exuberance) I remembered I saw the infant sim teething, the teething ring stack in the trailer, and an infant without any teeth at all. Plus we saw a Sim nursing an infant. If you know anything about nursing, it can be painful, and if your baby is getting teeth it's worse. Once they have teeth 😬. Let's start them on food yeah? Soon as possible, bring in the bottles more yeah too. (Also made me think of how they said it would be an intensive experience but I digress.)

Thinking these things I was like wow getting teeth really IS going to be an actual growing experience with this pack, maybe even without it bc infants will be for everyone, who knows? But they didn't mention any careers like dentistry. It could be a surprise for later. But they mentioned the other features already...

Hmm. Well you know what would be cool, Piedatrics? Then we could take our babies for check ups, monitor their growth, even our toddlers. Get more gameplay. Right now we only have doctors when you're really sick. But the hospitals are so buggy, that unless I'm playing a doctor I just buy the medicine.

Wait...we just have doctors. And that's when it hit me. We have doctors already. In another expansion pack. If they added any form of human doctor in this pack it would be as if you needed this pack to make content for that pack better. When they did university it affected every job, basegame included so that was different. But doctors are GTW exclusive. Like Veternarians are Cats and Dogs exclusive and only bc they literally are for pets.

And so it occurred to me. What with all this updated gameplay for all ages, new medical wearable category, scars, birthmarks, teeth growing, etc, doctors could and maybe will get an update. The entire pack could get an update.

And in doing so, more professions could be added. Issues with businesses could be fixed. We could get our own private practices, and have/be family doctors. So that you wouldn't have to load the hospital all the time. And place one in Newcrest, and maybe have a clinic in several worlds. Like how you can be a Vet with a few working under you, or just own the business itself, and have vets under you. You could be a dentist. Same with like being a Private Detective or Researcher.

And it's just occurring to me, with all those hints about horses apparently popping up, that a Cats and Dogs Refresh might be coming up too, which would likely bring in Equine Vets (or whatever they are called), and one for other Farm Animals. Because the Vet is in Cats and Dogs so having it be upgraded to be able to work on farm animals would be fine, if you have the pack it would kick in, just like if you have University you get the extra levels of jobs. And If you have High School you get the diplomas and it helps you into University.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

I don’t think we will see a refresh this year. They are big projects and there is two expansion packs, a new lifestage and maybe a horse game pack this year along with more kits. So I would be surprised if they have time for refresh.

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member

It'd be nice. I suspect it depends how poorly Get to Work sold. A refresh is a great way to sell more copies of an existing set, but they gain nothing if it's something we all already bought.

I would love to see more active careers - they're one of my favourite things in the game. Heck, more careers of any kind are always welcome.

• ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Then there should be wisdom teeth (uncomfortable) moodlets for YA :s
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love a Get to Work Refresh. The Scientist Career so needs to be possible in that Secret Lab in Strangerville. Also, those poor Aliens so needs a power book & a copy to guise just like the Vampires has. Furthermore, Sixam so needs to become a better playable world. :p
    Now that being said, I so love the new Birthmark for the new baby lifestate hope it can be for toddlers/child/teen/adult sims. ;)
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    Sadly, I don't think we will ever get a refresh again. Last refresh was like.... two years ago? That's a long time. It was sort of experiment. They improved one pack to see what happens but that SPA pack still has got the lowest selling rates
    edited February 2023

I honestly didn’t think Spa day was that lacking to begin with and was a game pack I had a lot of fun with and got enough use out of. One of my favourites prior to the refresh as it was so easy to incorporate into a game.

I think if it wasn’t selling well it was probably just more down to it not being the type of pack that lots of simmers wanted rather than the pack not being good. I don’t think adding a few more spa bits to it is going to make people who didn’t have interest in spa to begin with interested.

Its a shame if refresh is based on sales rather than on feedback. Dine Out and Island living and My Wedding Stories probably sell well but they could use some love.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I wish they would do GTW refresh
    and medical wearables surely would go with it
    but also theres so many parts to GTW that need improvements that idk if they're ever gonna :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wish they would do GTW refresh
    and medical wearables surely would go with it
    but also theres so many parts to GTW that need improvements that idk if they're ever gonna :sweat_smile:

If they do an GTW refresh, would be nice if they added a medicine making station for the sims.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited February 2023
    I think firstly they'd have to make police station, lab and hospital visitable by all sims any time they might want to
    (similar to how we can go to say magic realm at whim even though it does not exist in the world screen)

then we could add more things to do on those lots
    like get treatment for sickness or get arrested for doing criminal activities or whatnot

also aliens and retail both are in desperate need of update
    not to talk of the thousand things that are broken in GTW

aaand also just burglars, better work tasks etc.
    maybe additional career like say maid or repairpal would be useful
    cause we don't even need new animations for that just the take sim to x lot to do thing mechanic
    paranormal investigator is kind of like paranormal maid anyway why can't we have the regular one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    All I want more for GTW is better aliens....
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member

I want an improved Sixam so badly!

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm all for a GTW refresh by far of all expansions it needs a revisit it suffered greatly coming out as soon as it did. I obviously want it refreshed for a different reason I think it needs to be refreshed with a patch that makes it so retail lots are no longer limited by that I mean retail/business lots should work all on the same lot such as a restaurant karaoke bar spa gym retail and so on should be able to be placed on the same lot with the option to be purchased by different households not only because Sims 4 limited space but simply to liven up the gameplay and neighborhoods. Also a game play refresh with working cash registers and changing rooms retail basics where's my ticket machine?

But I do like your ideas to refresh the doctor career it should be expanded beyond just the career to something any Sim could visit when sick I always wished the hospital lot was an active permanent on the map lot wish they would make that happen even if it's just a single lot in one of the new worlds.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I think if it wasn’t selling well it was probably just more down to it not being the type of pack that lots of simmers wanted rather than the pack not being good. I don’t think adding a few more spa bits to it is going to make people who didn’t have interest in spa to begin with interested.
    Its a shame if refresh is based on sales rather than on feedback. Dine Out and Island living and My Wedding Stories probably sell well but they could use some love.

I don't know how representative James Turner fans are of the Sims community generally, but when he did a survey, 73% of the respondents said that they owned Spa Day, putting it in 4th place among the 12 games packs for ownership. Dine Out was 3rd, so you're on the money about that one. My Wedding Stories was way down there. Some of this could be due to recency, because it hasn't been on sale as long. Even so, Werewolves had more owners, so that's not the whole story.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    It would be good if we could have home businesses.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member

I would love to see a refresh of Get to work. I would like them to add a “simple clothing” trait like they added simple living with cottage living, where It requires you to buy all clothing if you use the lot trait, and opens up whatever you buy. They could add buying off the rack They could also add jewelry shops and stuff if they did that.

it would be great if they made it where we could visit a doctors office or the hospital. And if would be neat if our criminal sims had a chance of being arrested.

The active jobs in Get To Work with work places have always been my favorite, I was hoping there would be many more jobs like the 3 in get to work.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited February 2023
    So many features to refresh, it might be a new EP adding Jeweler (Retail), Dentist and Firefighter careers.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    Get to work needs a refresh. The game could be so much better than it is. As much as I want it however, I doubt it's coming. If it did, I'd most want to see more variation to the active careers, a major overhaul of the retail system, and addition of things like barber/hair dresser chair. Still doubt it, but want to pitch in that I'd really love it, just in case someone is listening. :)
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    If we only got refreshes for a year straight and no new content, it could be the best year ever for the Sims 4.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    If we only got refreshes for a year straight and no new content, it could be the best year ever for the Sims 4.

Omg that would be so good. Like yes give me horses, give me fairies. But, if they went and fixed all the other packs. All the parts that are so wonky, or half done feeling, even the packs that were better; I'd be on ☁️ 9️⃣.

Like there's so much content in these packs that feels like there was supposed to be more. And in some cases we found out there was supposed to be more but they decided against it, sent it out, and players could feel it. The way actually addressing it would make so many in the community happy.

Plus if a pack that everyone who owns it says is buggy, is finally fixed, people's who don't own it would likely give it a shot. Especially if it's not just one pack. It's all the packs. Because that shows care for the people giving you their money, and a commitment to the product you put out.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    Eleri wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »

I don't know how representative James Turner fans are of the Sims community generally, but when he did a survey, 73% of the respondents said that they owned Spa Day, putting it in 4th place among the 12 games packs for ownership. Dine Out was 3rd, so you're on the money about that one. My Wedding Stories was way down there. Some of this could be due to recency, because it hasn't been on sale as long. Even so, Werewolves had more owners, so that's not the whole story.

Oh that’s interesting! I was replying to a comment that spa day was the lowest selling pack so I assumed that was right. I did think it was a bit odd because it’s a very strong build pack. I wonder if it got a lot of sales after the refresh or before.

Maybe my wedding stories didn’t sell well because of the problems on release then! I actually thought it would still sell well just because of what it was. I think if we go off of screenshots on the forums you’d think MWS was one of the top sellers! What is the top one, parenthood?
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Sadly, I think refreshes are dead. Nothing has been mentioned since the spa pack. I think they have just quietly shelved the idea along with Stuff Packs.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Sadly, I think refreshes are dead. Nothing has been mentioned since the spa pack. I think they have just quietly shelved the idea along with Stuff Packs.

Probably they will work on some refreshes after they release the updated babies.
  • EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > Probably they will work on some refreshes after they release the updated babies.

It would actually be amazing if they made some refreshes and added something for babies, even small stuff like rompers. In Get to work they could give us some cute stuff like alien plushies or cas items that represent careers from the pack.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    hopefully
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Call me crazy but this might actually be a thing...

Is it just me or do the names of the new family (sorry forgot the surname) in the new expansion sound suspiciously space themed? Celeste. Orion. Atlas...