Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @Karababy52
    I've done one home renovation a room at a time in one of my SimLit saves and made the whole process part of the story too. It's a really fun way to build.🙂 It takes me ages to make up my mind when I'm decorating. Doing it that way keeps the story from getting stalled until I finish. It's a built in excuse when I'm showing a half finished home or room in the screenshots. I'm getting ready to do another home and building a community lot scratch in that same way.
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Well it's not just today, it's all the time.
    My townies and any npc are all created for some reason the same exact colour, no diverstiy and every single man has some kind of facial hair. I have to keep going in and changing them, it's driving me insane.
    And I'm so glad they fixed the highchair issue (NOT) still can't get a parent to put and keep their toddler in a highchair without issue :(
  • zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2023
    @Karababy52
    I ate a pizza with vegetable topping that was round, green-ish, and crunchy, basically very similar to a zucchini. The pizza tasted amazing imo. I was convinced it was a zucchini but now I'm not so sure anymore.

The Subagyos did it! They earned enough money to open a bakery! Turns out building a bakery is not that expensive, only needed like $33k. They named the bakery The BuBa, short for Bunga's Bakery, please don't mistake it for a another kind of establishment..

Rl1Qou0.png
    Bunga tired from staying overnight cooking and baking
    IdRefAr.png

But she pushed through
    IA039la.pngV2Ex1qT.png

Bintang graduated early so she could help her mom out
    AXHodkt.png

Closed at 9PM, the pies were almost sold out entirely
    vcfygY6.png

While the cakes were almost untouched
    yzifORG.png

$1959 first day earning! Thanks, customers!
    72ImHwa.png
    Post edited by zucchinionpizza on
    Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @DaniRose2143
    Great idea! I've recently attempted to do something somewhat similar. However, I started with a stripped down shell of the Oakenstead Maxis build in Willow Creek. I'm not building room by room, but it'll take awhile to complete the build to my vision for it. Mansions aren't in my wheelhouse, so it's a good challenge for me. ;) No story really for my Sim living there either, but she is dating Lou Howell and I might get my first werewolf baby soon. Mostly just a relaxing occasional gameplay.

I've spent the last two years renovating a number of Gallery builds for my OMOWOY Challenge Sims each month and loved every minute of it! I prefer building from scratch myself, but when you're pressed for time, it's a great compromise. Most of the time the builds don't look much like the original when finished. It's very satisfying. :) Have fun with your newest home and venue renovations coming up.

@zucchinionpizza
    Ah, okay. It could've been zucchini, who knows? Wouldn't surprise me considering some of the questionable toppings people put on their pizza. :D I'm glad you enjoyed it though.

Great looking bakery! Very sweet of Bintang to help out by taking early graduation. Appears they had a very successful day! Wow!
  • _Gina_Gina Posts: 253 Member
    @DaniRose2143

...now that you're mentioning it... >:) I mean, Alex mostly just grew up that way. I haven't seen him smile since his birthday, even when he is happy he just looks very... intense. But you're absolutely right. (It is very use-able.) ...I mean, who knows what he's getting himself into, right?

Well, at any rate, while Alex is up to who-knows-what, the Kim-Lewises had a very family-oriented week.
    First, Alice gave birth to her second daughter, Jade Kim-Lewis... and it was an experience she would very much like to forget. She has no idea what happened with the hospital staff but... nothing really worked.
    la8zuwT.png
    The receptionist seemed completely unbothered, would not check her in, there was no doctor and... well. She ended up giving birth in the atrium. Luckily, both her and Jade are just fine, but Alice swears she will never go to the hospital again. She does want at least one more child, but Vivian says she can help, so Alice is seriously considering home birth. But enough of that! Look how cute!
    dkE9EXo.png

On an unrelated and story-wise unimportant note, we finally got dust again! Yay!
    3swov4k.png
    Well it is a little important, because Eric had been befriending the dust bunnies the ladies don't get to fast enough and sending them to squirrel out change. Nothing major was found so far, but you never know. Speaking of Eric and his shenanigans, he had been getting out and about this week. Like so:
    vLHpQs0.png
    No, he is not thinking of cheating on his amazing wife. He's just being friendly. Ahem. And fishing in sim's pockets... but, shhhh!
    Thinking about that made him realize he just might end up needing to run away from someone, so he hit the gym. And he hit some gym equipment, as well. Oh, well. Growing pains.
    7M0JPws.png

And before anyone knew it, Jade outgrew her crib.
    77XZFBi.png
    She is a sweet little one, a veritable charmer... and given that Olivia, who by the way finished up her creative aspiration and in the process realized she loves to play the piano, was about to have her own birthday, it was decided the girls would not have to share a room. There was one big empty room on the upper level of the house and Eric had that made into the real kid's room.
    upIGCYO.png
    The family loves getting outside! This time, they made a trip to Pupperstone Park. Alice was a little wary, but Jade can even charm puppies to play nice.
    ve4P3rp.png

All of that hustle and bustle, yet the happy couple still makes time for each other. Of course, having two grandparents at home helps!
    Given that Eric lives an adventurer's lifestyle and Alice adores anything outdoors, the two were in complete agreement that such gift as the Fall's beautiful leaves, raked into a huge pile needed to be properly enjoyed. ;)
    7pn3ZUI.png
    Oh, and I didn't get any shots of them climbing together, but this is an evening after a day spend on Mt. Komorebi's rocky walls.
    ytfQM9I.png

Another thing the whole family can agree on (except Jade, she is too small for that yet) is they love spice!
    So a trip to the Spice Festival was made into a family affair.
    qlsXrYk.png
    Dennis might have never tried the spiciest chilli before, but he says wasabi is adequate practice!
    B2bK6Ac.png
    The evening was enjoyed by all (despite everyone being a little grossed out by the public bathroom they couldn't avoid even though they tried.)
    HgICzI3.png
    But, alarmingly... Dennis found a strange, spliced bush among the produce showcased.
    xcZSrY2.png
    And while he had been trying to grow this very berry on his own, he is not so proud as to leave it there when he found one! He planted the little cutie the moment he got home.
    XMR16Mu.png
    And by the end of the week... it had grown to the plant-stage.
    oBJVl01.png

And lastly, because it did happen Sunday, Olivia celebrated her birthday.
    She did not make any wishes, just blew out the candles.
    Em2hvST.png
    The Kim-Lewises are in favor of the typical birthday parties. With family and games.
    8Trr7Ju.png
    UD5qq98.png
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2023
    Page 1096

@LonelyWolfTales,
    Thank you!

@Ellupelluellu,
    Apparently sims are dragons in disguise!

@BlueSeaWaves,
    I'm a coffee drinker myself. Yep, not all brits drink tea.

@DaniRose2143,
    Thank you! She taught Chloe Furystrykar how to deal with Paparazzi when she was on her way to being a 5 star celebrity. Most important lesson? 'Make sure to have some you time, and take it easy, darling.'

Page 1097

@_Gina,
    Happy Birthday, Olivia!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    @Sablesasha Hi! That high chair issue was driving me crazy, too. It went so far I never even bought one and just gave toddlers an armchair to sit in. But if you're okay with mods, there is one made by Pandasama that fixes it very well.
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2023
    @Ellupelluellu
    thank you! Also on your latest post - wow, looks like things are going to get romantic for Lisa! I love how she just hopped in that first kiss and Mitch looks absolutely caught off guard :D

@Karababy52
    Oh, I didn't build the house, I downloaded it from the gallery! Although I did edit it slightly and the landscape too. I love how it looks very simple and old, like a real farm house. Haha, Owen is definitely the most grumpy of them all, but he has it the hardest too. He used to have an amazing doctor career in the previous world they lived in, but now when they had to run away he had to start from scratch. He constantly gets moodlets of being unhappy with his career and wanting to quit :( I'm glad you like Mikkel! And I love the toddler sleeping animation too <3

What an awesome update! I had so much fun watching the progress of Norah's house renovation, how from a tiny little shack it turned into a very cute house I would absolutely live in. Loving the purple shades and that window!! <3 And omg, Mila Munch looking through a trashcan and trying to defend herself for trespassing :D I love how Norah put her in her place. Her backstory is quite sad, but I'm happy it all turned well in the end and she was able to take her land!

@BlueSeaWaves
    Aww, Nora is such an adorable toddler. I love her expression when the cake is gone, it's like she's quietly hoping for a second slice!

@DaniRose2143
    Thank you so much! Glad you're enjoying my gameplay :)

@Brd709
    I haven't read your previous posts, but I had a lot of fun reading about the Holguins family!

@zucchinionpizza
    Congratulations on the bakery, it looks so cozy <3 Glad the first day was a success!

@_Gina
    Lovely update, Jade is so cute! Eric and Alice are so sweet together <3 I laughed at how their traits matched up into a leaf pile to be enjoyed :D And yay, cow plant!

Mikkel is sad today.
    E3rhrYT.png

Someone broke his dollhouse. Hmm, I wonder who could've done such a thing...
    V4MlvdD.png
    "Okay, fine, it was me! I broke it! I destroyed the stupid cardboard dollhouse because I was tired of your stupid alien whining and asking me to play with it!"
    "Hey, watch your mouth, that stupid alien happens to be my son!"
    BHehy5u.png

Jack was not amused by this. But instead of talking to Owen and trying to find out what's actually bothering him (perhaps the fact that he lost his incredible career in the city and now has to live in a small town with no prospects or future could have something to do with all this?), he decided to simply scold him.
    "And it's not like we dragged you here by force, it was your choice."
    "My choice was to be with you two, not babysit that thing."
    OD2e7I2.png

Ianto doesn't want to get involved at all.
    Hh5dlb5.png

Mikkel heard himself being called a thing and got even sadder. Yeah kid, this is what happens when you live with people who used to destroy, imprison and dehumanize everything from outer space in their past.
    D4zZG2s.png

Owen reassured him he didn't mean what he said and even tolerated a toddler hug.
    3MV899R.png

He was still unhappy, but he fixed the dollhouse (with a hammer, uhm... pretty sure that's how it got broken in the first place).
    Qbb4gQB.png

Yay, all built! Peace is back in the household... for now.
    Y04n9J1.png

"Let's play together, Owen!"
    5QSfSdy.png

Nah. Owen feels like beating up a teddy bear again.
    1FQxhkp.png
    @LonelyWolfTales
    Heheheh, thank you! <3 Yay cowplant, indeed. If it were not for the festival (I swear I didn't remember there would be one when dragging Dennis along.) we would have to wait until Spring to get it through grafting. :D

Awwwh, Mikkel. It's starting to look to me like you have two dads and a grumpy uncle more than three dads! Owen was being a big meanie! OwO ((Did you have to make him hate children for him to be able to do these things?))
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    Thank you @Karababy52 Sadly, yesterday it was necessary for me to restart. Face/palm. I removed about three mods I could live without, for one that I believe were messing with things, did a game repair right before I shut down for the night. We'll see how it goes today. I haven't given up, in fact, I'm more determined than ever. Since I intend to wed the story to what I had already written, once the first three children are Toddlers, and Erik is up for his 20th Best Song, (where I left off), I will start writing it up again. Currently, I'm just doing little synopsis in the Non-Serial version of the WHIYGT thread.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited February 2023
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    Well it's not just today, it's all the time.
    My townies and any npc are all created for some reason the same exact colour, no diverstiy and every single man has some kind of facial hair. I have to keep going in and changing them, it's driving me insane.
    And I'm so glad they fixed the highchair issue (NOT) still can't get a parent to put and keep their toddler in a highchair without issue :(

Do you use mods? If so, remove the Mods folder and delete the localthumbcache.package and see if it makes a difference. I have all kinds of diversity (ethnicity and color) in my game. If that fails to fix thing, do a game repair. If that doesn't work, do a game folder refresh. To do this, go into your documents file (if you're on PC) and label it something like Sims4_old. No worries, your saves will be safe. Start your game and a new folder will regenerate. Take a look around and see if things have changed. Then exit your game, and replace the new saves folder with the one from the "old" game folder. Do the same with the Tray folder. Your current save will be there and you can pick up where you left off. Good luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal Ack! I'm sorry that happened to you again. Keep backing the thing up! (Reminds me I should take my own advice, too... >.>)
    @LonelyWolfTales Wow, poor Mikkel. Own certainly has some issues to say the least. Yikes. I felt so badly of little Mikkel. He's a baby, for pity's sake. Glad Owen finally showed some compassion. What a tale you've got going.
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    Took my teen to school and there was a teacher standing in front of the class naked. I guess she was showering in the rain before school. I decided to let this play out. She never changed back into clothes. The teens sitting there like nothing unusual here. :o
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,075 Member
    edited February 2023
    Meeting the neighbours continued:

Mauricio takes his family over to the house next door at Number 2 Pin Oak Court where my sim self's uncle Jimmy and wife Tina live. Again, Lupita makes them a cake and everyone seems to get on fine:
    Aph4gAK.png

It wasn't long before the Holguins caused mayhem:
    o0iEeP7.png
    3EqP3xm.png

I caught Carlito autonomously flirting with Tina!

Augusto makes a run for it and heads off to an acting gig. He is an actor. His father wanted him to continue with his trade as a police officer after he retired but he decided to take up acting instead. Here is Augusto at a recent gig for Salty Suds commercial:
    8nGUJVa.png
    QPnrlH2.png

And last by no means least, the Holguins visit their neighbours at Number 5 Pin Oak Court where my sim self's alien granddaughter Daisy lives with her flat mates Emily and Tessa. Another cake is presented to their neighbours and no drama this time as Lupita takes away Carlito's bedroom privileges for flirting with Tina!
    GxRlTm3.png

Tina randomly invites herself in and asks Carlito to be best friends!
    H14Dtth.png

And Tina begins to cook for everyone!
    RcBvSGb.png

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Well, I finally decided to make a household sortof based on my own Family.
    I'm starting with my wonderful Mom when she was young. Then I'll my Dad. Later on baby me will come alone & eventually my beautiful Daughter. <3
    Got inspired by the Growing Together pack that's coming up. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited February 2023
    @LonelyWolfTales Mikkel is a very unique character so far! I look forward to seeing what he's like when he gets older :)
    @zucchinionpizza wow congrats to the Subagyo family on an amazing first day. I love the look of their bakery and the front landscaping with pond and bridge is gorgeous.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    @zucchinionpizza
    The Subagyo's bakery is really lovely.❤️ You did a great job on it. I would love to have live in businesses. The first thing I'd make would be a little bakery with an apartment above it. Someday maybe. The Subagyo's should be really proud of their first day.

@_Gina
    Aww, Jade is so cute! Toddlers and puppies is cuteness overload and I'm here for all of it. I think the treadmill is trying to send Eric a message that he may want to reconsider is moneymaking scheme. Cow plants and kids seems like a bad idea.🫣

@LonelyWolfTales
    Owen! How could you be so mean to such a sweet innocent child!😡 Then you take it out on his teddy bear. I want to give Mikel a hug too.🤗 At least Jack was there for him.

@DaniRose2143 Hihi, you might be right. But will Eric listen? And if he does try something new, will it actually be better? ;D But nah, cowplants don't eat kids. Too small, y'know? And too wriggly, can't swallow them right.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member

It’s been a couple of real life weeks since I did a Mastersons update, but one is coming! Erytheia and Xanthe are a day away from becoming teens, so I’ll have them age up and then I’ll do the update. Alexander is a few days older so he’s already a teen. In fact, the twins’ birthday is on Love Day, so maybe I can have some fun with Erytheia and Alexander… *wink wink*

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited February 2023

Never mind...this has been a frustrating experience so far.

Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member
    edited February 2023

Wow the text box for comments is different now.. trying to figure out how to spoiler tag comments.

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,405 Member

@GalacticGal

P.1096 Thank you, and you’re correct! I want a sibling for Nora soon but not yet on when. She will definitely though become a big sister😃 

@Brd709

P.1096 Oof Oven fires are scary, better luck next time Carlito. P.1097 Oof Carlito flirting with someone, autonomous flirting causes some real trouble. Hope Augusto has fun in the acting career. Nice of Tina to cook for everyone too😉

@Ellupelluellu

P.1096 Aww Lisa’s found a love interest 

@Karababy52

P.1096 Don’t blame you at all for switching the high maintenance trait, games aren’t meant to make you struggle, only have fun😉 

Warner has had some trouble in the past but he’s coming around well😁 Thank you for your comment😁

@DaniRose2143

P.1096 Thank you, yeah I agree. Justin still needs work, not sure what got him angry but thankfully he behaved well after. 

@Zucchinionpizza

Awesome! The BuBa looks great from outside. Love Bintang helping her mother out with the bakery. Great profit for the first day! Those cakes all look delicious 😋 

@_Gina

Oof wow, ready to burst and none of the hospital staff care to help😵 Jade looks adorable. Oh wow, he found a cow plant seed, what luck! Olivia looks cute, happy birthday to her. 

@LonelyWolfTales

Thank you for the comment 😄I thought Nora wanted another cake slice too, but then thought I don’t want a toddler running around the house all night😅

Aw omg, Mikkel looking all sad, poor little baby. So evil of Owen, breaking a toddlers dollhouse and their spirit like that. Least he made amends…and used a hammer to fix it 😳Mikkel is adorable🥰 Look at the smile 

• zucchinionpizzazucchinionpizza Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2023

@LonelyWolfTales

fixing a cardboard dollhouse with a hammer takes some mad skills

@_Gina

Glad Olivia had a wonderful bday with her family. Hide em dust bunnies from the evil vacuum!

@gbaisden

There is a townie in my current save who always goes to school with just underwear, I think his name is Shaun.

@Brd709

Someone put uncooked ingredients on the meeting table 😅

@Karababy52

I think i have higher tolerance for questionable toppings, like i still dk why people don't like pineapples on pizza

@mightysprite

thank you!

@DaniRose2143

That's a lovely idea! Bunga's Bakery doesn't have an apartment on top cause she has to go home right away after closing anyway, she can't leave her kid Pelangi home alone too long.

@BlueSeaWaves

Honestly Maxis food designs.. Some look really good, and some are just weird. I wanted to sell this snack Knafeh and it literally just looks like mud on plate in the game. Irl it's cheesy pudding.

Check out my gallery (ID : zucchinionpizza) for base game builds ♥

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited February 2023

It begins! ♥️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top