Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's pre-ordering Growing Together ?

Comments

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My husband would have preordered it for my birthday if there was still a way to order a physical copy that the could wrap.

I don't want to install it until they fix the biggest bugs that come with it (we all know there will be some). I suppose I could preorder a game code and not add it to my game until the bugs are fixed if I really wanted the extra items, but if I wait I can get it on the first sale and that generally benefits me more.
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member

I'm not pre-ordering for the simple fact that people who pre-ordered the last 2 EPs, (HSY and Cottage Living) were having issues getting their bonus content on the day of release. Not to mention the servers crashed from everyone downloading the new pack all at once.

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    Definitely buying it, but since I can wait until release day and still get the pre-order items I see no reason to buy it until release day.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    Not pre ordering because I will most likely leave home on r about release date and will be out of town for 3-4 weeks. So no playing right away anyway. Will get it later though :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member

I really wish I could! But I'm not able to commit to the purchase just yet (my usual gaming funds are non-existent as there's other priorities). I have, however, every intention of picking this up as soon as I can. 😊

Not really relevant, but I think this might be the first time I actually knew the music on the trailer. I have taken it as a sign that this is definitely a pack that will work well for me.

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member

I will be pre-ordering it soon. Just got a gift card for my birthday and will use it for the expansion pack. Although I am concerned/skeptical about the possibility of bugs like in HSY, I just love everything I saw about the pack and admit I have to have it! I play with families, always have with my sims, and the more family gameplay I have the better! I do love occults as well, and play them as a family too, so this pack will work well for me! I am looking forward to March 16th!

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member

You very well may be correct, I was unaware. No concerns, then. I just pre-ordered my copy moments ago.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Nope, it will be buggy, so I’ll just wait.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I said "yes" but I have to wait for reviews first. I've always been waiting for Generations so I'm kinda excited but still wary because MWS lol
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    As others have said, I won't be preordering as I know that the pack and the infants update will have no end of issues when they're first released, so I will be waiting to hear exactly what the situation is. If things are somehow ok with them which I doubt, I will probably buy the pack pretty quickly, but if not, I will be waiting until it's fixed. I only install the monthly updates when I know they haven't broken the game.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Destin2016 wrote: »
    Nope, it will be buggy, so I’ll just wait.

I love MWS bugs and all.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I'm actually very interested in the premise of this pack but I absolutely NEVER pre-order. I'm an old-school gamer who plays a wide variety of games and who has witnessed how the gaming industry works (and how it has changed for the worse). I could write an essay on why I refuse to pre-order.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes, I have already pre-ordered. There may be sensible reasons for not pre-ordering but I know I will buy it eventually and this way I don't have to think about it any more. It's done and will download when it is released.
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    No way!! I've been burnt way too many times (High school years especially has left a sour taste in my mouth) :D I'll wait to see whether it is a buggy mess or not.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    Sooooo why don't you like to pre-order @Thrior ? B)
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited February 2023
    @mightysprite Let's just say there's been way too many times when a game does not deliver on its promises and/or is a buggy broken mess. Talking in general sense, not just the Sims. And then they might not even bother to try and fix those things, at least in any reasonable amount of time. Why should they when people already keep rewarding them even if the game isn't even ready? Countless bad releases are the reason why I tend to buy my games only like a year later, when it might actually be a complete fixed package. It's kinda funny how often it has happened that I buy a game later at a discounted price and I get a way better experience than those who pre-ordered or bought it at full price on release (e.g. Mass Effect Andromeda, its' animations and glitches were a laughing stock, when I played it was at a much better state. Shadow of War which had predatory microtransactions and grindy gameplay. When I bought it MTXs were removed and the gameplay enhanced).

There is no game I will pre-order. I want to at least read reviews and check out whether their marketing spiel had anything to do with reality. With TS4... we all know their marketing team is great at what they do BUT the actual gameplay... yeah might then turn out to be a far cry from anything their trailers and whatnot convey. Not to mention all the glitches. If there actually was any trust between me and the gaming industry then I might pre-order but, as it is, I refuse to reward the practice of releasing incomplete games. There was one time when I almost pre-ordered. Cyberpunk 2077. That's because the devs had again and again delivered amazing customer-friendly content so I really felt like rewarding them. But you know what, I didn't pre-order (had to update my system) aaaand Cyberpunk's release turned out to be a disaster. So that trust was broken. Again.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Won't pre-order, but I will get it before the April cut-off. simply because I'm avoiding a few patches/broken mods until the ones I can't play without are updated. Made the mistake of pre-ordering last time and it updated my game
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Absolutely not! The game is going to be a buggy mess. Plus, this pack really isn't for me. Not a fan of family gameplay at all. I do like a few things I've seen and read about though.
    He/Him
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2023
    I definitely won't be pre-ordering this pack. I have mods/cc in my game, and the big baby update plus the EP coming out two days later is going to cause a nuclear meltdown in the mod/cc world. I expect it to be way way worse than when toddlers where introduced... and taking into account how many years we've had even more mods/cc content added between then and now? Hoo boy!

Yeah... I expect this update/EP installment to bring on the modpocalypse like we've never seen before! :D

I'll hold off for however many days it takes until things settle a bit.... albeit wielding a strong willpower is most definitely not my forte. :#
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    No I won’t be pre-ordering Growing Together, nor buying it. I play mainly young adults so this just doesn’t appeal.

Yep, that's me as well. As soon as my singles get married and/or start a family, I lose interest. I may have a family of 3, just to say I have a family, but my sims are partiers, travelers, date arounds who do not settle down.

So that's a big no for me.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited February 2023
    Since I’ll buy any pack with a new world, I may as well preorder (or order soon after release) for the bonus items.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • temerald7667temerald7667 Posts: 2,266 Member
    I did pre order and am anxiously waiting it's release. I am one who enjoys having all of the packs, kits, expansions, etc...
    So I guess it's no surprise that I pre ordered. I have also been inactive for quite a few years due to lack of a computer to play on.

I am so very happy to be back!!
    98bcdb5d7c879fd685f0cae94de32016.gif
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,843 Member
    @Thrior Gotcha. I'm a late adopter too, for many of the same reasons!
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    I knew I was going to buy it anyway so I just preordered it yesterday. I like the look of that infant carrier.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I did pre order and am anxiously waiting it's release. I am one who enjoys having all of the packs, kits, expansions, etc...
    So I guess it's no surprise that I pre ordered. I have also been inactive for quite a few years due to lack of a computer to play on.

I am so very happy to be back!!

@temerald7667 welcome back! 🙂 👋🏼