Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wow, you too.
    My beautiful Daughter was my 1st Mother's Day Gift back in 1995. <3 That's just so cool. B)
    Also, my Daughter is a simmer. ;)
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2023

Yes 26 of March (UK mothers day date) is my birthday date, that is crazy 🤣, my mum always says I am the best mothers day gift 😊, i am her second child and daughter, my mum told me that she bought my sister a trike and said it was from me 🤣, my older sister wasnt amused that a was born 🤣🤣 she was only 2 and a half @SERVERFRA

Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member

@Nikkih I am also an occult player who is looking forward to more family gameplay. My little spellcasters and werewolves will enjoy riding bikes, making puzzles and playing in the tree house.

I am really looking forward to finally getting more aspirations for children.

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member

The sims 4 is very lacking in family gameplay, this pack in my opinion is well needed 😊, I love occults, I personally couldn't play normal sims all the time @Atreya33

• DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    There is a lot to look forward to. Something that jumped out at me was the seniors walking as a group. I know group walks are coming from what was in the blog posts, but I'm really curious if it's going to be a social event only or will this introduce sims walking together anytime they are in a group. There have been so many times as a storyteller where I've wanted my couples to walk together, side by side, hand in hand, or with an arm wrapped around their SO's shoulder for screenshots. It might be asking too much but even if those options aren't coming with this EP maybe it will lay the foundation for adding those either by mods or in later updates or packs. Fingers crossed for this one.

Walking was already in Snowy Escape.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm really hoping we get some new club activities to go with all the family fun. Especially games at the rec center and treehouse activities.

Also wondering if we can build a treehouse on a community lot. 🤔
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

Excited at having sleeping bags and more games to play. Can’t wait to see if there’s an actual Tooth Fairy that will show up to get the sim’s tooth or will the sim just wake up to find the tooth swapped with some simoleans.

• simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    It makes me so happy to see so many people so excited and happy for this EP. Us family players are finally getting some love. :kissing_closed_eyes:
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @Darren Yes but limited to Mount Komorebi. I hope it will be possible also in the new world, or even in all worlds.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited February 2023
    Getting more reasons to go back to Granite Fall again soon as I get those sleeping bags. 👀

Sims can really rough it then. Same with using them in Salvadorada rather than a tent.

Least sleeping bags might make it easier for my sims who start out with nothing and don't have to sleep on a bench on the side walk all the time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    The treehouse got me teared up not gonna lie.
    After the trailer I didn't just tear up, I flat out had tears running down my face. And a laugh cry too. I am so excited for this. Please, please, please work great. They really picked things up this time. If what we see is what we get there is going to be a lot of happy simmers here.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023
    After reading the blog post and watching the trailer, I’d say they did a phenomenal job with everything. Growing Together is a pleasant surprise.

When they released toddlers, they really captured the essence of toddler adorableness; so, I have no doubt the infants will be amazing. Watching the infant movement in the trailer is spot on.

Yummy to the tummy.
    Messy-Eatter.jpg
    Looks like they are adding some more beauty marks and aging details for elders.
    Aging-details.jpg

With the addition of power walking, I'm hopeful for more walk styles in particular romantic ones.
    Power-Walking.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I am mostly happy to see children finally riding bikes.
    I need to know more on how the new relationship mechanics work.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DarrenDarren Posts: 129 Member
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @Darren Yes but limited to Mount Komorebi. I hope it will be possible also in the new world, or even in all worlds.

The bridge they are walking over in the trailer doesn't look like a normal road but like a special fixed walking path like in snowy escape.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    I like that they've finally added some kind of board game. I love puzzles, so it's nice for sims to have family activities. I also think the water park is cute. Im assuming the animation works the same as for the sprinkle from Seasons, but wonder if there will be more items to interact with. Seems cute to have a fun summer family day going to the water park, having a BBQ, and then a family game night staying up playing board games and watching movies. Seems like a cute pack for family story telling.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    Excited at having sleeping bags and more games to play. Can’t wait to see if there’s an actual Tooth Fairy that will show up to get the sim’s tooth or will the sim just wake up to find the tooth swapped with some simoleans.

I'll be gutted if the tooth fairy is a replacement for cool faeries.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited February 2023

I watched the Generations trailer to try and understand what others were hoping for. Yet, I didn’t think this would be that because many of the aspects in the Generations trailer seems to have been spread across various packs.

Growing Together at first glance looks unique and different to me. It appears that the biggest improvements were made to children and toddlers while adding activities for the family.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

@Wrenry @Mariefoxprice83

(My quotes seem to be broken idk)

Yeah you know what your comment in particular made me realize Wrenry? If we get a tooth fairy, that's the first fairy we'd get in sims 4. The only one we have. And Marie you're right if we don't get fairies after that I'd be upset to say the least.

But earlier I was thinking about how if we could live in the treehouse, as suggested by a different commentor on another post, it would be reminiscent of the fairy bungalow somewhat. Like to a human sim a treehouse you can live in, is a fairy bungalow to a fairy sim.

Who knows myb we'll get our 1st fairy here, and then we'll get more, and they'll be fully fleshed out. And then they'll fix mermaids and Aliens.

Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm really hoping we get some new club activities to go with all the family fun. Especially games at the rec center and treehouse activities.

Also wondering if we can build a treehouse on a community lot. 🤔

If not, you can always make it residential while you build there and then turn it in to a park after it's done.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    So I'm wondering how this guy managed to lose his job. Was he laid off? Did he not complete his daily tasks? Call out excessively? Left work early too many times?

sIKsSsH.png
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

Those guys seemed really out of place at first and now they’re the most interesting sims haha..

he has pizza all over the floor.. maybe he didn’t lose his job but can’t get one because he’s too lazy and now he’s having mid life crisis 😁

• Ti4558Ti4558 Posts: 6 New Member
    Honestly, I think this has the potential to be one of the Sims 4 best expansion packs. Obviously that may not be true but I am going to have a little hope.