Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robles family

Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
Guys.

The prominent family mentioned in the blog is the Robles family.

Robles. CA. Am I the only one whose mind goes to Paso Robles? (I.e., CA wine country?)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I can honestly say I have never heard of that city or knew anything about it, must be a Cali thing.

I'm in the midwest. And, I'm also a beerage chick, no vino for me.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm just wondering whether it's a hint to nectar-making coming back. I don't believe for a minute that they just pulled that name out of a hat.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    That is a neat comparison and I would love it if nectar making came back.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I think the name represents strong family roots or a family tree. Roble means oak tree in Spanish.
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I think the name represents strong family roots or a family tree. Roble means oak tree in Spanish.

Yeah, that's certainly possible, and if the EP weren't set in a California-style world, I would lean toward thinking that was the only meaning. But come on. The devs live in CA. There's no way they're not familiar with Paso Robles. They had to know someone would make that connection.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Considering this is the family and generations expansion pack, I highly doubt it's coming in this one. Perhaps later but aboslutely not now.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Yeah, that's certainly possible, and if the EP weren't set in a California-style world, I would lean toward thinking that was the only meaning. But come on. The devs live in CA. There's no way they're not familiar with Paso Robles. They had to know someone would make that connection.

IDK, it's a fairly common surname in many Spanish speaking countries. Also, worlds in the Sims are almost never inspired by a single place.

I also doubt they'll add nectar making in a family oriented pack (they'd have to dedicate resources to create it and take them away from the new family gameplay) or that they would choose to bring nectar making in a world that's not inspired -at least to some point- by the three largest wine producers (Italy, Spain and France) in the World.
    Happy simming!
    Handel wrote: »
    Considering this is the family and generations expansion pack, I highly doubt it's coming in this one. Perhaps later but aboslutely not now.
    Nushka wrote: »

IDK, it's a fairly common surname in many Spanish speaking countries. Also, worlds in the Sims are almost never inspired by a single place.

I also doubt they'll add nectar making in a family oriented pack (they'd have to dedicate resources to create it and take them away from the new family gameplay) or that they would choose to bring nectar making in a world that's not inspired -at least to some point- by the three largest wine producers (Italy, Spain and France) in the World.

Yeah, I never said in this pack.

We always talk about hints in each pack for upcoming packs. It's arguably the most established tradition of this forum.

And yes, considering that sequoias are only native to a fairly small part of California, and nowhere else in the world, I would say it's a pretty safe bet that San Sequoia is primarily inspired by California.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited February 2023
    What happened to the Michaelsons? Are they different family from the Robleses? Anyway, they did hint strongly at horses, maybe we will get wine country with the horses in next EP. I was really hoping for a big tree forest in this EP.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I wonder if Kyle is part of this family?

crocobaura wrote: »
    What happened to the Michaelsons? Are they different family from the Robleses? Anyway, they did hint strongly at horses, maybe we will get wine country with the horses in next EP. I was really hoping for a big tree forest in this EP.

I would love that, and I could see something like that set in, say, Argentina.

I think they are two different families. It might be something similar to MWS, where we get the trailer household (maybe in a house, maybe not), while the Robles family might be more like the equivalent of the Laurent family.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited February 2023
    Guys.

Robles. CA. Am I the only one whose mind goes to Paso Robles? (I.e., CA wine country?)

Yep, I thought of Paso Robles too, when I heard that name, and there are a lot of wineries on the interior ( opposite side of the ocean ).

But San Sequoia seems to be kind of a combination of San Francisco ( the bridges over the ocean ) and Sequoia national park, which is south east of San Francisco, there are huge Redwood tree’s above San Francisco too though, so I think the city will be like SF, it looked rather hilly like SF too in the video, and at least one neighborhood will be very woodsy. I think the pack will be based on on mid/upper California. Hopefully with swimming and piers in the warf area.
    I would love to see trolly cars make an appearance too, but I doubt we will see that.

I wonder if we will see a forest fire lot trait ( like the volcano and earthquake one ) as we have seen lots of forest fires among the Sequoia’s in California in the last few years.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    From the trailer I got a weird Asian vibe re one family, not their surroundings. No idea what the family was named, probably the Michaelsons. The family that was visited by grandparents. Even the hairstyle of the infant starting the trailer looked Asian-ish to me, although I'm pretty sure that hairdo is rather common (and practical) to infants/toddlers all over the world ;)

Is there any past immigration/cultural influence involving any Asian country in the RL area that San Sequoia is based on?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    From the trailer I got a weird Asian vibe re one family, not their surroundings. No idea what the family was named, probably the Michaelsons. The family that was visited by grandparents. Even the hairstyle of the infant starting the trailer looked Asian-ish to me, although I'm pretty sure that hairdo is rather common (and practical) to infants/toddlers all over the world ;)

Is there any past immigration/cultural influence involving any Asian country in the RL area that San Sequoia is based on?

Loads of Asian influence in the Bay Area. Relatives (Filipino) are in Daly City, there's Little Saigon, and Japantown and Chinatown.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited February 2023
    Robles sounds kinda like robber so it could also be crime loving family or hint to burglars

well my hopeful thinking anyway
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

Loads of Asian influence in the Bay Area. Relatives (Filipino) are in Daly City, there's Little Saigon, and Japantown and Chinatown.

Thanks! Then my vibe makes more than good sense. It was probably intended. :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Guys.

Yep, I thought of Paso Robles too, when I heard that name, and there are a lot of wineries on the interior ( opposite side of the ocean ).

But San Sequoia seems to be kind of a combination of San Francisco ( the bridges over the ocean ) and Sequoia national park, which is south east of San Francisco, there are huge Redwood tree’s above San Francisco too though, so I think the city will be like SF, it looked rather hilly like SF too in the video, and at least one neighborhood will be very woodsy. I think the pack will be based on on mid/upper California. Hopefully with swimming and piers in the warf area.
    I would love to see trolly cars make an appearance too, but I doubt we will see that.

Yeah, that's why I've been talking about the resemblance to Marin County since even before we got the trailer, which technically encompasses both some suburbs of San Francisco and some points further north (including, I believe, Muir Woods). It kind of sounds like the different neighborhoods will encompass different aspects of those areas, or at least hopefully so.

Anyway, it's certainly farther north than Paso Robles, but given that this is an unmistakably California-inspired world, it just doesn't seem like a total coincidence to me.

Definitely! As Haflinger mentioned, there are several different Asian communities, but probably it's most well-known for Chinatown.

Going out on a limb, though, I don't think that family is going to be the Robles family, though I hope we do get them as premades.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    I wonder if it will be the family of the little girl in the trailer.. the one doing the puzzle and walking with the old sims. I hope she is a premade, I like her the most of the trailer sims.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »

And if I remember correctly, the warf is fairly close to China town. However, the Asian aspect, if there is one, will probably be around the city part, which I’m assuming the recreation center is. I’m hoping we will be able to make our own recreation centers anywhere we want to, that it won’t be like the high school.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited February 2023
    Deleted