Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans for Growing Together?

If you’re planning to purchase TS4 Expansion Pack “Growing Together,” what are you doing to prepare your game?

Do you have any storylines you want to play out?
Do you have a household this pack is perfect for?
Maybe you never pre-plan before expansion packs?

If you have any plans for the new pack, tell me all about them! :)
· · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·

Comments

• lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    edited February 2023
    I’ll share!

I have played the same sim family for years, and with this new family themed pack coming out, I’ll be completely restarting their story! My sims, Darla and Wade, will start out as young adults fresh out of University with their infant (Dallas) and their newborn (Keaton). I’m so excited to replay their story and make it better than ever with all of the new gameplay content!

Literally so excited <3

EDIT: So my plans have changed! After careful consideration, I’ve decided not to restart my Holden family gameplay. It took me over 2 years to play two generations of this family, and I’ve started my game over multiple times in the past. I’ve decided that I’m going to continue on with Dallas as my main Holden heir. She will be the first to experience the new infants and gameplay features from the new expansion pack. I have plenty of time to play through the rest of her teenage years, get her through University, and throw her a beautiful wedding and honeymoon before mid-March. Wade and Darla have had their time to shine, it’s about time I put the spotlight on their children!
    Post edited by lemonella on
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

That’s awesome! I’m thinking to restart too.

I have 3 sims that I made as teenage sisters and their cat. They were made for realm of magic but I took a liking to them and decided to take them through various packs for the last half year or so.

My current plan for Growing Together is to end my save in the coming days then start a brand new game with their parents and grandparents, and have the sisters born as infants on the release. Then I’ll play through their childhood to get them back to teens again. I’ll remake their cat as a kitten too.

I think it will be the most fun to go through it with a full family. And it’s interesting to do it with the sims I’m attached to and having some idea of what they will look like and how they will end up. I think they’ll be better versions in the future with the milestones and memories and childhood aspirations and things. At the end they can go back on their adventures again 🙂

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I thought since there is so many new aspirations and achievements. I would redo my super sim challenge I did before, but this time I will start from Newborn to Elder. I will have aging off on each life stage and then let them achieve all the available aspirations and achievements. Once completed I will age them up for the next life stage until I end with a super duper awesim sim :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I'll be continuing with my one and only family.

88E0qqW.png

Juliette, my eldest daughter, already has two kids. Teen Amelia and child Asher. So I think I'm going to let the middle sister Hannah have a couple of kids. One now so I can age up to toddler and one just before the infant update. This way I'll have one of each age group to check out all the new interactions. Just have to create a romantic interest for her.

Isabel, the youngest sister will probably move in with her grandparents so I'll have space for the extra two kids. I might have to move Edward out because I just remembered the dog.

And speaking of grandparents, both sets of grandparents, great-grandparents to Amelia and Asher, are in the game so I'm looking forward to fun times with them. Along with all the aunts and uncles and cousins in the neighborhood.

• lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    @JustinB113 I love that! I think restarting a game with all of the new generational gameplay will be so much fun! Familiar faces, familiar adventures, yet entirely new experiences that will (hopefully) be so meaningful!

@mcrudd Wow, the Super Sim Challenge combined with this new pack would be amazing! Not only is the challenge already challenging, but starting out as a newborn could bring it to a whole new level!

@simgirl1010 I was hoping you would continue on! I’m excited to see your family tree grow, and I hope you keep posting updates in the WHIYGT thread! I think that’s where I saw your updates at least..
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I sort of already got most of my pre-planning done when infants were announced, lol. I started a new save & created a new family whose daughters I am going to age down into infants when they’re released. Their house & public lots are pretty much all finished, but of course I am going to update them a bit when the pack comes out. It’s going to be my first real attempt at a generational AND rotational save. I’ve also got some houses in the works for future generations, too, lol. I’m so excited!
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Well I already had a family that I made for high school years .That is perfect for this.

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I will likely buy this pack on sale sometime later this year along with High School Years and My Wedding Stories, and then I'll play a proper legacy using all the new content.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member

I’ll just be continuing with my current save. I plan on having my sim start a family with her soulmate. She already has two boys but I can’t wait for her to have an infant with the love of her life!💖

• honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    i'll start a new save with this young adult married couple i made a few weeks ago because i love them. i'll create a couple extended family members for them. i downloaded a housewife aspiration mod a couple days ago so i'll use that as well.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'll just wait and see, I think. I have a tendency to make new saves when I get bored, and I'll probably wait until the pack has been out for a while anyway.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Well, I was going to just upgrade my previous families & have my couples start have babies right away. However, ever since the recent update in Base & I saw facial birthmarks on the new baby sim, I'm actually thinking of making a family based on mine. Starting when I was a baby & eventually ending with my baby. So, here's my story:
    Once upon a time, back in 1969 a young married couple had a baby girl that was born with a birthmark on her left side of her face. :'( Then one day when she was a teenager, her poor Mother needed to wear Hearing Aids. :'( Also, when the girl was just in her early 20's she too had to wear Hearing Aids, but unlike the poor sims she could also wear her earrings as well. :p
    When the girl was in her Mid-20s she herself gave birth to a beautiful baby girl in 1995, who actually became her very first Mother's Day Gift. <3 Her beautiful baby girl grew up not ever needing a
    Hearing Aid, like her poor Grandmother or her Mother.
    And now, they are players of Sims 3, Sims 4 & Disney Dreamlight Valley.
    The End or maybe the new beginning, who knows? ;)
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    edited February 2023

I was going to continue with my current favorite family but I’ve decided to restart a “legacy” in an effort to have one main save for the rest of eternity. I’m going to play at least 3 generations because I would like for there to be great-grandparents, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles in game. I may also add in MCCC so that townies can get married, have babies etc. Once the pack releases, I’ll turn aging off for a while. I want to challenge myself to see how many generations I can get to by the end of the year playing with a long lifespan.

This new legacy will start with a teen sim as I want complete control lol.

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'll just continue with my rotational save I've played since 2015. I have many sims who are planning to have offspring, so it will come naturally. I'm a tiny bit bummed that I aged up my first ever (alien) triplets to toddlers not long ago. What a challenge it would have been to have them as infants! I probably wont age them down though...
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    One of my plans is to get my sims pregnant.

I wonder what will happen to babies in the lifestages before infants?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Currently can't play the sims but when I do get back into playing I plan on continuing with all of my main favorited families! What I love about this type of pack is that I don't really feel I have to plan for it because everything can integrate well into my current families life.

One thing I do have planned to change is one particular family I want to start over their life. Using all the same sims I want them to meet, marry, have kids and fill the house with babies, infants, toddlers and kids lol. Or at least one of each.

Another thing I definitely plan to do is have my vampire find a lost baby and raise it to an infant. Since I never age sims it will probably remain an infant but I think it will be cute to see my vampire speeding around with a baby on his back. And trying to balance life between caring for a baby and being a semi evil vampire lol

For the kids I'm to enjoy continuing my twin kids adventure story! It's a house hold where my focus was to only play the kids having adventures.Now they have much more to do it's going to be fun! 🤭🤭 I was so tired of the same old doll house. Now they can ride bikes together, build tree houses, pillow fight and whatever else stuff is In this pack ☺

Ugh, there is so much to do in sims I get overwhelmed just thinking about it because I want to do it all lol.

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member

I‘ll start a new save. An adult couple and his mother who live together. As soon as they are settled in their jobs they will habe a baby. Granny will take care of the child while Mom and Dad are working.

tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    I deleted all my CC not long ago so I have to re-do all my townies across every world before march 14th. If I finish them early then I will build and place/replace some lots I have ideas for.
    I almost never play families so I might start thinking about how I want to integrate different life stages into my game. One idea I have for that is to break an extended family up into many households so that I only have to play one or 2 sims at a time. I don't have a "main household" in my current game since it's a perpetual work in progress, but maybe it's not necessary to have one. If I could manage it, it would be a dream to be able to micromanage every single family. In my CC file the Goths ended up having 3 more children that never aged up from newborns because I turned off aging to preserve everything exactly as it was and that drove me nuts.
    I plan to keep an eye out for BB & CAS items the new pack is bringing, as well as new families because I want to play as soon as it comes out, but I have to catch the new neighbourhood up to the rest of my game.
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    I think I'll replay the very first family I ever made in The Sims 4 (back in the CAS demo!) and let them raise their family from infants. :relieved:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Ugh, there is so much to do in sims I get overwhelmed just thinking about it because I want to do it all lol.

I feel this way quite often.
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @UniqueKhaos long lifespan is a must for me. i need that time. if i'm over it and their birthday isn't coming up soon i can always just throw a birthday party and force them to age up.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    1) Wait and make sure game play features actually work before I buy. :p

2)Continue playing my sims. I have been playing a very slow-paced save that had been waiting for Toddlers, University, and High School Years.
    My group of sims (24 of them) have grown past toddlers and are now in High School and University. Three have graduated. Three more, and I will begin rotation in careers and paring up sims into relationships.
    08-02-22_5-35-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-11-22_9-20-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

3)Then Growing Together will begin. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I thought I had a plan. That plan has now been shelved until I get an in depth look of the new world and families. I might want to play one of the premade families while learning about Growing Together. I usually start a new save when a new pack comes along, but this EP and update will have a lot of new gameplay to wade through before I decide what will work best for my gaming style. Either way, it's going to be very interesting and a ton of fun. :)
  • Ti4558Ti4558 Posts: 6 New Member
    Planning on continuing my legacy save. Will be starting generation 6 when the expansion comes out. I think it really is going to improve my generational gameplay so I am super excited about it!
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    I won't start with the new pack until all my mods are updated and I'm aware of the bugs in the pack and how much they affect gameplay, so I think I have roughly 2 months to think about it LOL. But I'll probably continue playing my current legacy save. Gen 4 just aged to teen, so I will try to have gen 5 or maybe even gen 6 at the YA stage and ready to marry and have kids by the time I get the pack.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.