Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ok this is a weird? about the new infants coming up

but will they be able to wear toddler clothes or will ea/cc creaters have to make new clothes

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    but will they be able to wear toddler clothes or will ea/cc creaters have to make new clothes
    Completely new life stage so a different size I'm sure they will have to have their own new clothes.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member

Awww it would be quite cool if you could pass down toddlers clothing if your sims were poor and they would look too big on the infant

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

They’re own clothes but from the stream on Tuesday it looks like some of the clothes toddlers wear will be made available for them as well. Iirc saw an infant wearing the blue shirt with the sea otter.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I think they refit a lot of toddler clothes for the Infants, that is the infants aren't using Toddler clothes, but clothing modeled for/adapted to Infants and then using the same textures as the Toddler clothing.

So CC makers will have to make new infant clothing.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I think they refit a lot of toddler clothes for the Infants, that is the infants aren't using Toddler clothes, but clothing modeled for/adapted to Infants and then using the same textures as the Toddler clothing.

So CC makers will have to make new infant clothing.

Noticed that myself. A lot of toddler clothes from base game and packs got refitted for infants.

So, they'll definitely have a lot of clothing options from the jump which is good. Think that's great as you can match your infant and toddler together. :3

I'm sure a kit that'll be designed for them as well, which will have even more adorable clothes for them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    Awww it would be quite cool if you could pass down toddlers clothing if your sims were poor and they would look too big on the infant
    Since when The Sims games were that much detailed? :(
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Will knitting be updated so you can knit for them?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My CC folder is going to have a meltdown once the creators start making clothing and furniture for the new tots. I probably need to go through my treasures and do a purge of items I don't use very often. Pretty sure I haven't done that for at least a year, or longer.
  • lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

I would love that so much!

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member

Ditto!But can we already knit clothes for a toddler? At least a sunhat and socks would be nice :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,447 Member

@Loanet it would be nice if they updated knitting. But who knows, maybe the baby onesies we can already knit will work for infants.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member

Ditto!But can we already knit clothes for a toddler? At least a sunhat and socks would be nice :)

Yes, you can knit a onesie for the toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Teen clothing is multi age group, so why not toddlers'? Why create fresh when you can recycle?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Teen clothing is multi age group, so why not toddlers'? Why create fresh when you can recycle?

Teen-Elders use the same basic body model and rigging, so they can share clothing.
    Infants and Toddlers appear to have different body models, so the clothing for infants is a *refit* of toddler clothing, so new meshes rigged for the infant bodies that can use the swatches from some Toddler clothing.

Yes, it's still recycling, but it's not as "simple" as teen clothing being wearable by Elders. (From what I've been told, depending on the clothing mesh, it's sometimes easier to re-make it from scratch than to adjust it to a new body and rigging.)