Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses gamepack later this (2023) year?

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

I wasn’t aware there were horses programmed into the game, if that’s the case why weren’t they released with cottage living?

• ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    IGLYvD2.jpg

Just gonna drop this here
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    So, now that I've watched a few gamechanger videos, I think it's highly suspicious that none of them have mentioned the horse on the puzzle. Seems to me that suggests that they actually know that horses are coming, probably due to working on the packs, which means that they would have signed an NDA. Otherwise I feel like at least one of them would have commented on it. But so far, Plumbella, lilsimsie, Deligracy, and James Turner have all been conspicuously silent about that one little detail, while teasing out all the other little nuances in the trailer.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I’m all 👀 👀 👀 👀 about horses. That’s the most horsey hint I’ve seen in a long time.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So, now that I've watched a few gamechanger videos, I think it's highly suspicious that none of them have mentioned the horse on the puzzle. Seems to me that suggests that they actually know that horses are coming, probably due to working on the packs, which means that they would have signed an NDA. Otherwise I feel like at least one of them would have commented on it. But so far, Plumbella, lilsimsie, Deligracy, and James Turner have all been conspicuously silent about that one little detail, while teasing out all the other little nuances in the trailer.

Lilsimsie did mention it in her video and so did Iron Seagull btw.

Also lilsimsie says she found out about this pack in July, like six months ago, so if there is an upcoming pack this year it's likely they may have already told certain game changers. Though if it's a game pack it may only be one, like Werewolves was only JamesTurner.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    horses would be so cool but if they add them I hope they add pig's and goat's too
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2023
    OMG! I would LOVE pigs!! I've had several over the years and they are brilliant, the best all around beer drinking, stranger biting, protective buddies you could have and they make fabulous bacon. <3 Wait, what? Bacon...Barbie was such a good pig. :'(
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    omg i hope so
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2023
    me ya it would be so cool I am trying to make a gravity falls save file so I'd love to have a pig named waddles
  • sillysimmer3sillysimmer3 Posts: 18 Member
    I really really hope so
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

Not sure if a game pack or the second expansion that is coming, but I don’t think they would hint so much at such a wanted feature if there wasn’t something in their mind.

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I would be over the moon if they added horses and Maybe ponies to the game.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    I would looove horses!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes! I want a world like Werewolves had where there are open, non-loading sections where you can ride your horse, also a horse event area for jumping, barrel racing etc. I'd love to have toddlers, kids etc be able to interact with them a bit. I don't want to just have cows/llamas tied--I could see maybe if the stable is at the house having something like that but it needs to be larger--but definitely the ability to take the horse on trail rides and stuff!

I really, really hope there is a horse GP so it's completely devoted to them like they deserve. And, yes, please unicorns too!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Not sure if a game pack or the second expansion that is coming, but I don’t think they would hint so much at such a wanted feature if there wasn’t something in their mind.

They said during the livestream last year that they have two EPs in store for this year. If next EP is indeed about horses then we will get horses this year.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member

It seems the marketing strategy was to split the main features from packs of previous games up, and then use them as the main draw to other packs. It's just like how Generations got split up into Parenthood, My First Toddler Stuff, High School Years, and the upcoming pack.

Apparently, they took this strategy with Cats and Dogs and then put off from adding them to Cottage Living. My fear is that they waited too long, and it will, instead, end up being something that goes on TS5's wishlist instead of TS4's.

However, this means that it is most likely to be focused on horses and equestrianism only, and an EP is ripe for adding a ton of content. Thus, if they play their cards right, it can be done MUCH better than TS3 did.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Horses & Unicorns for my Historical game saves pretty please.
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    JustinB113 wrote: »

They said during the livestream last year that they have two EPs in store for this year. If next EP is indeed about horses then we will get horses this year.

I think horses will be a game pack, not expansion pack. Then we will get two expansion packs and one or two game packs
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I hope that this time we will get pony size too and that children can ride them. And yes Unicorns too...it would be so awesome if horses are coming!
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I noticed we will get unicorn toys in new EP so maybe it really means we will have horses and unicorns GP soon?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I would love it if horses came in the next expansion pack and unicorns in a fairy game pack.

• sorokonozhkasorokonozhka Posts: 20 Member
    I think that a horse expansion might be a good opportunity for celebrating American Indian/First Nations plains culture. We already got some "western wear" in Strangerville so I don't think Maxis would go that direction again.
    I have been dreaming of a respectful collaboration with native artists & maxis for decades. I'm talking a rainbow explosion of beadwork, painted denim, ribbons, etc. I even have my own sketches and references. https://i.imgur.com/hwgiUrH.png
    It is an image of our culture that is both central to our lives and open to outsiders but hardly ever seen in media. Art, fashion, and cuisine are all things that we are willing to share and celebrate together.
    If they go this direction I and other native simmers will be devastated if they pull out the "dreamcatchers" and buckskin-everything again like in sims 2 and 3.
    I think that a plains world would be the perfect backdrop for this.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I think that a horse expansion might be a good opportunity for celebrating American Indian/First Nations plains culture. We already got some "western wear" in Strangerville so I don't think Maxis would go that direction again.
    I have been dreaming of a respectful collaboration with native artists & maxis for decades. I'm talking a rainbow explosion of beadwork, painted denim, ribbons, etc. I even have my own sketches and references. https://i.imgur.com/hwgiUrH.png
    It is an image of our culture that is both central to our lives and open to outsiders but hardly ever seen in media. Art, fashion, and cuisine are all things that we are willing to share and celebrate together.
    If they go this direction I and other native simmers will be devastated if they pull out the "dreamcatchers" and buckskin-everything again like in sims 2 and 3.
    I think that a plains world would be the perfect backdrop for this.

Oh my gosh that would be stellar!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @sorokonozhka excellent ideas! if they worked with native artists that would be perfect. a plains world could be stunning. i'd also love to have horseback riding lessons, interactions for toddlers/kids, ponies for kids to ride, and a horse-related career.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    honeywitch wrote: »
    @sorokonozhka excellent ideas! if they worked with native artists that would be perfect. a plains world could be stunning. i'd also love to have horseback riding lessons, interactions for toddlers/kids, ponies for kids to ride, and a horse-related career.

I would love a shaman active career and rain dance.