Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2023
    I am so happy we're getting the TS4 version of Generations finally!!! I play a supernatural legacy challenge save that I've had since 2017 and this is content I've been waiting so long for! This is the one non-occult related pack that I've really been hoping we get before TS4 ends and we've got it now! I'm so happy~ <3

And I'm so happy with what I've seen in the trailer! Bikes for kids, puzzles, sleepover parties, sleeping bags, kids getting money for teeth, a movie theater, a water park/playground, treehouses, baby showers, (possible family reunion party at the end?), vitiligo, liver spots, seniors' power walks, INFANTS AND ALL THE CUTE BABY STUFF!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! <3<3<3

I just hope it's not released with a bunch of bugs like HSY and MWS qwq
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited February 2023
    I've already pre-ordered, I can't wait!! I was almost crying I was so happy, there was so much my heart couldn't take it! We finally get baby showers and sleepovers!! <3
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Gordy wrote: Β»
    Someone on Reddit pointed this out

ygnf5qxiusfa1.png
    Are we finally getting upright pianos?

OMG yeeeessss! Now let's pray for simple brown, black and white variants.
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    This pack. This pack sounds so crazyyy! For the first time, in a very long time, I am excited and feel like this pack will get me back into the game instead of just going into CAS and then exiting within 5 minutes. I haven't really fully played the game since Seasons... soo that's how long I've been struggling with some of my disappointments of the game-play. But this pack looks like it's packed full of Game-play! So many amazing features that will hopefully help relationships, or even.. sometimes affect relationships. Bring on the drama/consequences!! I LOVEEE that they added quirks for infants AND TODDLERS. FINALLY. We're going to get so many different behavioral situations and I'm here for it! Personality has been a major thing about the game that has been lack-luster for me and I think this is the step in the right direction!

Also. Kids are getting new aspirations!!

I also really love that we're getting milestones and I cannot wait to see more about them. I'm curious if they're going to be the "memories" from Sims 2..? I could go on and on about everything in this pack that I'm excited about.. (that tree-house building took me OUT. I'm SO excited for that alone!)

ahhh. March 16th is soo far away, but after seeing all this and then the live-stream on March 3rd! This will definitely give me some much needed time to plan my new household save!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Elder love <3<3<3

I am so ready for this pack. I've been ready for this pack (and the freed Babies Infants) since September 2014. Literally teary about this.

Me too, I am so happy and I can't wait
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I do really love the craftsman style houses. That's what I always wanted for myself, IRL, and we just couldn't find one that fit everything else on our checklist. So I always love it when I can live vicariously through my sims by putting them in one! :D
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Well, shut up and take my money.

I wonder if the new Urban Park is a lot type, or a communal area in the world like the Pier pier in Copperdale. The Pier is gorgeous but I think I'd prefer a lot type.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    pTUhL5w.png
    Little old lady babushka. Throw in the ability to smack people with a chinela, and we can finally represent Portuguese grandmas.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited February 2023
    Very excited for what I saw.

Been wanting bikes for kids and seeing that they can learn how to ride a bike, especially with the help from a parent is just heart felt. Glad to see more meaningful events like Slumber parties and Baby showers making a return. (Hoping anniversaries are also integrated.) Always feel a lot more meaningful when Sims can share events in their lives. Kids being integrated more to interact with their siblings, especially young ones is great. Definitely should act a lot more chaotic aspects with the infant life stage being added.

More things for sims to do is great especially Elders. Been wanting more things added for them. Power walking is hilarious. :lol: Even if they don't get canes them struggling with their smart phones is amusing. Noticed some more skin details in aging spots on them along with birth marks. More table games too? Yes please. Probably add various puzzle games in parks opposed to chess tables now.

The pack is looking very promising.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

Wow I just read the blog... the new social interactions and preferences sound so interesting!! I can't wait to see how that plays out in game. I'm so impressed! But I always am πŸ˜…

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I'm excited. I saw so many things in this trailer that I really wanted to have for years. :D
    I hope my next heir (currently a child) will be ready for his own family when the pack comes out.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2023

I'm excited 😊 I like the infant and toddler quirks!

It seems like Milestones will be replacing Memories. It might be for the best - if every NPC gets a memory for visiting the park, the game might get very laggy. Hopefully the screenshot memory system gets updated and incorporated somehow for custom memories. And I hope we can read other sims' Milestones once they join our household - I love snooping through my sims' spouses' memories in TS3 after the wedding.

It doesn't seem like teenagers get much in this pack. That's disappointing, but not surprising.

I giggled at elders being able to have favourite grandkids. I look forward to seeing how elders are fleshed out.

Death doesn't seem to have been touched in this pack. Hopefully they patch funerals etc. into the basegame sometime soon.

Looking forward to more details!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    greydonn wrote: Β»
    Hopefully posting this is alright, if not I apologize in advance-

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/news/the-sims-4-grow-together-guided-tour

@greydonn it's perfectly fine. And everyone else please feel free to add any new tidbits you come across. I'm currently nannying my 6 mos old granddaughter and of all the days for her to be sick. I swear she started fussing everytime I got a notification on my phone. πŸ˜„
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    There seems to be bigger pic-nic tables. That would be so nice. What good is a pic-nic table sitting only four people when you have a full house of 6 to eight people.
    I am also wondering about the recreation centre. Will we be able to make it a library also like we can make lots that are a mix of spa and gym? That would give libraries some use. I have libraries in my game but I do not use them much.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member

me: do I really need this pack

@Gordy: babushka

me: okay i need it now

⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member

Well, let's prepare for some hours of exquisite conversation with dedicated EA help desk staff ... I really wouldn't have thought that they take this technical risk for the third time.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    And as always please feel free to voice your concerns. Just keep it focused on the content and not the team.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited February 2023
    This pack will bring many things that I was waiting.

On March 16th, EP13 Growing Together will join my collection.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023

It looks really good and so do infants. First day buy/preorder for me.

It looks like it will just feature lots of little things sims can do and lots of new animations and quirks rather than one big thing and we need this sort of pack now and again. It’s very funny to see the toddlers kicking the older sims or the infant biting people and I want this to happen on my game.

Im a bit confused about how it will be with an existing family past toddler stage though. Maybe it is time to start a new save.

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    edited February 2023
    The treehouse looks great and I see there's going to be quirks for infants and toddlers, and some stuff for elders too, all of which is also great. Even cooler, more child aspirations at last. I've said that on and off for ages so yay!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.