Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm excited for everything! I love this pack! I wish it came sooner, March 16th is such a long wait to go. But oh well, I will complete my current save with new houses and families until then. Can't wait.

The only doubt that I have (and I hope it's okay to write this here) is that I didn't see kids playing with each other like tag or cops and robbers etc. - I hope this is included and just the trailer doesn't show this. I miss this interaction so much from earlier Sims games.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member

Looks awesome! Puzzles and games, building and using a treehouse, kids learning to ride bikes, slumber parties, balloons, water parks, and a lot of new animations like losing a tooth and the child jumping up into her dad's arms and the elders power walking- really a lot in this pack - can't wait!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    It looks like they really knocked it out of the park with interactions and gameplay. People have already touched on a lot of the things I'm excited about, but I'm particularly happy about the interactions between infants, toddlers, and children... it seems like it's been so hard to build sibling relationships in TS4, so these will really add so much life to the game.

I'm reserving judgment about the world for now, though I have some suspicions about both pros and cons... but the water park is fantastic! And I'm guessing it will be out in the world, rather than a lot, so that's nice.
    Also, this might be an unusual "positive thought," but I am pretty happy that so far, I'm not inspired to add any new households to my rotation, because I probably have all I can handle already. Rather, this inspires me to go back and play several of the households I already have, because this will add so much more life to them.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    The treehouse got me teared up not gonna lie.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I like the world a lot. From what we see, at least. It seems to be a proper city, which we haven't seen in years. I hope the movie theater is interactable.

A recreation center lot is something I've been wanting. I have something like that set up in Brindleton Bay, but I'd love to make it "official," you know?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Loved everything, no more struggle to building a treehouse

• greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Hopefully posting this is alright, if not I apologize in advance-

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/news/the-sims-4-grow-together-guided-tour
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2023
    I am SO excited after seeing the trailer that the only negative for me is that we have to wait so long! Lol! Some of the things that I am REALLY looking forward to are:

- The ADORABLE build & buy objects!
    - New games! (I just hope that we can play cards & Don’t Wake The Llama on the new game tables, too, because I love those games & have always wanted some new tables for them, lol.)
    - Slumber parties!
    - Tree houses!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like the world a lot. From what we see, at least. It seems to be a proper city, which we haven't seen in years.

Im hoping we see more of the world, since I am hoping its a decently sized city. We've had so many small town and middle of nowhere concepts that Ive been aching to see a new city. Im tired of just hanging out in San Myshuno xD
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Elder love <3<3<3

I am so ready for this pack. I've been ready for this pack (and the freed Babies Infants) since September 2014. Literally teary about this.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I've squealed through trailers before, but this one I was crying through. Happy tears!

I am so in love with this pack. I forgive EA for not including kid's bikes in University now that we get animations to teach them to ride. And they can do wheelies!

Thanks all of you who pointed out the upright piano! That's another big want for me.

I love all the interactions between the generations. I'm so excited for more family gameplay.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member

Stuff I am excited

Puzzles, sleep overs , community centers and baby showers.

Honestly, after reading the blog, this sounds like an entirely new game. Which is exciting, but does make me worry a little about how well it will work on release. Maybe the extra wait is a good thing.

I'm also intrigued by, but mildly concerned about, these "discoverable quirks" for infants and toddlers. I hope they are cheatable hidden traits. I like the idea of discovering them on some sims, but there are a few where I know I won't want them to be random.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member

I saw an upright piano !! And a new fireplace.

I hope there’s stuff for teens too though.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I like the world a lot. From what we see, at least. It seems to be a proper city, which we haven't seen in years.

Im hoping we see more of the world, since I am hoping its a decently sized city. We've had so many small town and middle of nowhere concepts that Ive been aching to see a new city. Im tired of just hanging out in San Myshuno xD

Doesn't look like there will be any skyscrapers but I think there will be at least one city looking neighbourhood. Hope they will add more apartment type lots.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited February 2023
    I love, love the trailer and pre-ordered the game. Yes, I did. What sold me well.... Those cute infants, cribs, onesies, puzzles, word games on the table, PJ party, sleeping bags, belly rubs/nuzzles, baby mat/teething rings, changing station, half moon night light, treehouse, yes a treehouse that can be built. It looks like you can have baby showers/party. I have been wanting this for so long. Will the EP come out perfect no, but perfection in real life and game play does not exist. Super excited. I cannot wait to see more and hear more about this EP. I hope they show more information before the release and if they don't, well then I will just have to find out for myself. Or watch Deli, James Turner or Lilsimsie.
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    The trailer showed a lot of nice things and it definitely got my attention. Let's hope the gameplay is stable enough because, overall, it seems to be very well made. If it is, I'll definitely buy this as a last pack for my game. :)
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    This is the cutest expansion pack and a true game changer for my play style! I’m so excited for this one! <3
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I went back and watched the trailer again for the third time and there is an upright piano like @Dianesims stated. OMG super excited about this. Love the grand piano, but I have a modded upright in my game that I use. Oh this is getting awesome.