Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I'm curious what we'll get to see of San Sequoia. I'm really hoping if it's another urban world that there is at least a nice park with hiking trails and/or another pier. There are so many visual clues in the art we've seen that say San Francisco, if so I'd love some 30x20's overlooking the water that we can make some cool community lots with.

If there is a pier, like they showed in the picture, I hope there will be some things to do on it and not just empty. A food stand or maybe one that sells balloons and stuff for kids. Or souvenirs.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'm curious what we'll get to see of San Sequoia. I'm really hoping if it's another urban world that there is at least a nice park with hiking trails and/or another pier. There are so many visual clues in the art we've seen that say San Francisco, if so I'd love some 30x20's overlooking the water that we can make some cool community lots with.

If there is a pier, like they showed in the picture, I hope there will be some things to do on it and not just empty. A food stand or maybe one that sells balloons and stuff for kids. Or souvenirs.

I love those ideas. Let's also have a space not only for buskers, but something like what they did a year or two ago with the park in Willow Creek when they had Bebe Rexha and others in the game. Only make it a permanent spot so we can have our entertainer sims, well, entertain passersby. That would certainly dovetail nicely with a music pack later in the year if we were to be so lucky. I'm getting ahead of myself and the devs.

Just not another amusement park with rabbit hole rides. Even if the rides were different it would still feel like a knockoff Copperdale.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I just hope there are enough lots. If it's the world I think it is, or similar, I'm really going to need an art galley, a cafe, and a restaurant, at least, in addition to the homes, a park, and any new lot types we might get.
  • SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited January 2023
    San Francisco makes sense and goes with the "It's All Relative" theme since that's where Full House took place.

I hope we get actual rowhouses if that is the inspiration and not just as neighborhood deco.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I'm hoping the Trailer Thursday will show this world in all it's glory. I"m hoping it has a city like Myshuno.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    I just read the leaked description,very exciting stuff B) Looking forward to the trailer now.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I hope the trailer shows off the world enough to get a feeling for what it's like. From the apparent description, I would not expect a city world or many apartment lots, if it's a "quiet suburb".
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited February 2023

I am disappointed that this world is probably based on San Francisco - yet another American world. Besides the fact that the vast majority of the current worlds are American, I feel that TS4 could play much more with creative concepts for worlds instead of recreating existing places. I'm still (unrealistically) hoping that we'll get a futuristic city world one day, maybe with a "low-brow" cyberpunk district (this could tie in nicely with the build/buy from Werewolves and the underground/graffiti style objects from GT - maybe even the steampunk from Batuu). I feel that it's extremely limiting to try and create an "authentic" experience of a particular place... The more you try to be authentic and even to a degree realistic, the less room there is to be creative. Like @Thetford I also prefer to keep my sims within a limited number of worlds I regard as being close to each other. It gives me some immersion and adds some gameplay in my mind, ex. when visiting somewhere "far away" is to be handled like a holiday or special occasion. However, I believe the solution to having more non-American worlds that feel adjacent is to:

1) include more non-American worlds to create a larger "map." Mount Komorebi feels very isolated because it doesn't have any worlds that currently feel adjacent to it, unless you regard San Myshuno as being Tokyo. But if you add a Chinese and/or Indian world, you have a cluster of worlds that feel like a few hours' drive away from each other instead of on a different continent.

2) then add more worlds that sort of act as transitions between these areas: worlds that are a bit more vague in what place they represent, taking inspiration from a number of different places and creating something a bit more unique - while being recognizably adjacent. I particularly like this sort of world since it also adds more variety in build/buy instead of only focusing on one or two styles - instead of making three kits with a handful of items in a particular style, these items could all be included in one pack, with the added benefit of each other's swatches being held in mind.

I think that TS4 generally needs more city-type worlds, since a lot of the current worlds are suburban. It adds some much-need visual variation, as well as more space for sims to live (by adding apartments) and to go out (more apartment lots allow standard lots to be community lots instead of houses). There are so many cool areas they could pull from to create interesting city worlds:

• A city in a desert with an Egyptian-style neighbourhood with closely-packed clay/mud buildings, a Turkish-style city center neighbourhood, a few apartments and penthouses overlooking the oasis park, and some Moroccan-style buildings scattered throughout.
    • An Indian city with bustling streets, colourful temples, apartments with shells that look like several smaller buildings stacked against and on top of each other, a festival grounds area where various interesting spiritual festivals take place, a shopping district with a few lots for your own retail stores surrounded by interactable shells and stalls where you can buy local items (similar to Tartosa's and Henford-on-Bagley's shops), a jungle district at the city's edge etc.
    • A city inspired by Cape Town and other South African areas with an interesting mix of buildings from various time periods and cultures, with a Waterfront neighborhood, a mountain hiking neighbourhood, beautiful cliffside beaches etc.

...and many more.

To focus on the new world coming with the EP: I hope that this "city world" will have at least one neighbourhood with an actual city feel like San Myshuno, with skyscrapers and penthouses and a number of walkable/lot spaces at different heights. San Myshuno is one of my go-to's when I feel bored of the suburbs - it would be very refreshing to have another city.

It would be cool to have an open-air theater where sims can hang out and perform - maybe in a neighbourhood with a park and a library. This would be great for my teens that want to play in bands (and for if we ever get bands in a pack).

A waterfront/pier would be lovely - I hope that it would have a lot directly on the pier like in Brindleton Bay, and that it would be a relatively modern harbour with yachts and metal ships rather than small wooden boats.

It would be great to have more things for especially children to do. More toddler items are always fun, though I generally just put some toys in a sandpit and a slide down for them. It's the children that don't have many items: we have a ship and a rocket play object, monkey bars, and swings. That's basically it for outdoors. I would love some more TS3-style jungle gym objects (in which teens can hang out as well), treehouses, sport objects like soccer nets, hopscotch, jumping rope, area squares to draw with chalk on the ground, face-painting stations etc... Also: water slides for pools, pool toys and activities (ex. playing Marco-polo, a volleyball net with a pool variation and land one, playing with rubber duckies and little paper/wooden boats, going on a "snorkeling adventure," playing mermaids, following the pool cleaning machine around, "diving for treasure" etc), and a pool bar for adults (like in TS3 island paradise). A fun and colourful public pool lot in the world could bring the water activities together in one spot, and a park lot could include a treehouse, stepping stones/logs to hop between, many of the new play equipment and activities etc. The possibilities are endless.

• HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    So far I'm hopeful of a world with lots of outdoor activities for all ages but the things I'm looking for the most is at least 1 neighbourhood where there is a row of houses (ideally 3 or more), I love that neighbourly feeling that comes with lots fairly close together for family gameplay, kids growing up together in a neighbourhood brings me so much joy and we've had a run of worlds recently where the lots feel pretty isolated from each other. Secondly I'm just really hoping the weather isn't going to be mainly rain and thunderstorms so we can actually enjoy the world when playing with seasons rather than having to have days out in hotter worlds where the risk of rain is lowered.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I do so hope it has at least a decent about of lots in San Sequoia, like about 12 lots.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I hope it's a larger base game size world that isn't a former anything. We have a former logging town and a former mining town already. I want the world to be defined by what it is, not what it used to be.

I hope we get a new community lot type. I hope we have some larger empty lots to build on.

• ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    I hope there will be less decor and more usable spaces. Or at least spaces where you can walk. Brindelton Bay has a nice village but you cannot walk in the streets of the village.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

I was personally hoping for a non-American inspired world but with the theme being families and a lot of family sitcoms set in San Francisco, I suppose it fits. I just hope we have more lots. My biggest issue is with the Movie Theater being a rabbit hole instead of a lot venue.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I was personally hoping for a non-American inspired world but with the theme being families and a lot of family sitcoms set in San Francisco, I suppose it fits. I just hope we have more lots. My biggest issue is with the Movie Theater being a rabbit hole instead of a lot venue.

Agree that it would have been nice to have a movie theater venue. Wonder if the rabbit hole sells popcorn and stuff.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Although I don't see San Myshuno as an American world, I might just use thisnew worldd as a San Myshuno suburb. Not sure yet, although said to be a quiet subrb, I guess there wiill be some tall city builds in the background.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member

This looks more suburb like again. I was hoping for a city with some apartments. Though I guess we didn't see a ton of it in the trailer. Fingers crossed it is more city like!

Haha. I just found the official "Growing Together" blog, and misread: SAN SEQUOIA, THE BABYFRONT TOWN OF THE SIMS 4 :)
    Unfortunly the trailer didn't cover a lot of the world. We saw very little.

Someone on Twitter told me she didn't think the waterpark is on an active lot. What do yall think? If not then it will be like the carnival and not get its own lot type.

If it doesn't I'll either use it in other worlds as a park or pool lot. I think it should have a pool.

edited February 2023
    Someone on Twitter told me she didn't think the waterpark is on an active lot. What do yall think? If not then it will be like the carnival and not get its own lot type.
    If it doesn't I'll either use it in other worlds as a park or pool lot. I think it should have a pool.

I think she is right and that the water park is like a festival area. I think that is fine, and we can probably develop it further if we like by altering community lots near by. You can ie make one lot the entrace point to the water park, say with a cafe or restaurant with a pool, or an aquarium or museum. I prefer this way when a new lot category would not be used elsewhere anyway.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm actually glad that it's a suburb. I know I'm the minority but I really like worlds that look like I could build a house and any house would fit in there. This is why I wish we had blank worlds so I can make the world what I want it to be.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm actually glad that it's a suburb. I know I'm the minority but I really like worlds that look like I could build a house and any house would fit in there. This is why I wish we had blank worlds so I can make the world what I want it to be.

Maybe I'm not 100% on what you mean by suburbs as I'm not American, but I don't see how you could build any type of house if it's a suburb? I thought the suburbs are like Willow Creek, Newcrest, Evergreen Harbour (except the port section) and such where building any type of house doesn't make sense. The builds look a bit like those worlds which is a shame as we have so many American suburban worlds, yet so many parts of our world have zero representation.

I'm with you on the blank worlds though, another Newcrest but in desert or somewhere with no shell buildings do you could do any style would be a dream.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Maybe I'm not 100% on what you mean by suburbs as I'm not American, but I don't see how you could build any type of house if it's a suburb? I thought the suburbs are like Willow Creek, Newcrest, Evergreen Harbour (except the port section) and such where building any type of house doesn't make sense. The builds look a bit like those worlds which is a shame as we have so many American suburban worlds, yet so many parts of our world have zero representation.

I'm with you on the blank worlds though, another Newcrest but in desert or somewhere with no shell buildings do you could do any style would be a dream.

Most American suburbs, especially older suburbs, have a similar aesthetic but are not 100% uniform. Perhaps you are thinking of the types of American housing developments you may have seen on television, which are very uniform and cookie cutter, but that's more of a post-1990s phenomenon. (One of many reasons I was adamant about not buying a house in one of those communities!) My own neighborhood is predominately a mix of Tudor, craftsman, Victorian, and ranch homes. Lots of brick and stone, and similar landscaping, so the over-all effect is still very harmonious, but not at all identical.

In the same way, in some of these TS4 neighborhoods, sure, there are some houses that would look out of places, and there's a focus on regional architecture they have added in B/B, but you do have options for variety. That being said, I would also love a completely blank world or two!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member

I’m not too excited about the world overall but I did like that they say you can hike at the park because the hikes in snowy escape were great.

Also I loved that little power walk thing the old people were doing with the little girl at the end, that was amazing.

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member

Where I live most of the homes are made of of different type of houses. Craftsman, Victorian, ranch, shotgun, etc. Honestly, I just wish they would release a tool where we could make our own worlds.

Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24