Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses gamepack later this (2023) year?

lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
We already have horses programmed in the game but I have found out The Sims 4 team is teasing horses on tiktok! When someone asks about horses they respond with eye and horse emoji instead of saying nothing like they usually do! I think that means they are teasing new roadmap and we will get horses next season! (late spring/early summer?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5UBdLeM7Y&ab_channel=Pixelade

Comments

• LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    That would be lovely! :o
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2023
    That would be lovely! :o

I really hope it's this! Because why would they suddenly respond to such questions/demands when they have never answered them unless they wanted to tease?
  • LonelyWolfTalesLonelyWolfTales Posts: 44 Member
    I would love to have horses in the game! As much as I love Cottage Living, my farm houses just don't feel complete without a horse :(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Horse & Unicorns pretty please. :p
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    as long as its a game pack and not a horse centered EP lol
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    As long as it's not an object tied to our lot LoL. I would love to have horses like we did in 3 that we could ride all over...from loading screen to loading screen in 4 though, how would that work? And the evil genius unicorn that liked to bite and kick every one, I can't wait LoL 😂
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I hope they will bring some more small animals with horses, like birds. Parrots, and budgies. Maybe some one block animals in a glass aquarium like lizards, water turtles, tarantula, snakes and hermit crabs. And I hope they will incorporate animals with parenthood, so children can earn responsibility etc. with the care of them. I wish they had incorporated these things in parenthood with the frogs we have, and the insects from outdoor retreat, as it is usually children and teens that keep these things in my game.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited January 2023
    As long as it's not an object tied to our lot LoL. I would love to have horses like we did in 3 that we could ride all over...from loading screen to loading screen in 4 though, how would that work? And the evil genius unicorn that liked to bite and kick every one, I can't wait LoL 😂

Well they could make them at least rideable in neighborhoods like bikes. Some of the larger park lots and the surroundings would be a good place to ride them, like the park in willow creek. I guess they could make them like bikes where they go in your inventory temporarily when you change lots.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope they will bring some more small animals with horses, like birds. Parrots, and budgies. Maybe some one block animals in a glass aquarium like lizards, water turtles, tarantula, snakes and hermit crabs. And I hope they will incorporate animals with parenthood, so children can earn responsibility etc. with the care of them. I wish they had incorporated these things in parenthood with the frogs we have, and the insects from outdoor retreat, as it is usually children and teens that keep these things in my game.

Would be lovely if they added insects like caterpillars and butterflies to hatch or ladybugs children could try to catch, or snails to catch and sing to. Big hairy tarantulas and bearded dragons would be fun too, especially if we had to buy or catch cockroaches, crickets, or worms to feed them.
    as long as its a game pack and not a horse centered EP lol

I don't think horses will be Expansion pack.Much as I love horses and wait for them in TS4, hoping they would be developed, horses might be a bit too little for whole EP. They should have been a part of cats&dogs or cottage living at the first place. But maybe they would give us horses AND something else

if we didn't get more variety of pets in cats&dogs or my first pet, I don;t think we will. I am 99% parrots aren't coming because more and more people keep arguing birds aren't suited to be kept at houses and cages and Sims team is careful with these things

right, I hope they won't make horses an object like they did with cows and llamas
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I would love that
    Unicorns ;; if we are really getting family/age groups gameplay and horses this year then give me fairies and bands then my life will be complete
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    edited January 2023
    If the sims is really answering with eye emoji then maybe we will really get horses this year.

I never played with horses in the sims 3 so I wonder how they will work in sims 4. I hope they are not tied to a stable like cows and llamas. I think if they can access the same paths as bikes we should be able to ride around in the neighbourhood.

I honestly think they could come in an EP or a GP. But if they are part of an EP than there should be some other gameplay involved as well. With cats and dogs and farm animals already in the game, I don't know what that might be. Perhaps something hobbies or free time related?

I really really hope that if we get horses this year that the team will also include unicorns.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Horses and Unicorns, please! I'd love it if our sims could ride them too!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Since I skipped TS3, I never got to experience horses in The Sims, but I would love to catch up on that. Just a week ago, I was furnishing a Victorian mini-farm in Willow Creek for an old-fashioned noblewoman who willingly foregoes modern amenities for a 19th century lifestyle, and I thought, should I give her a bike to drive around the town? Nah, a horse would make so much more sense! (She ended up getting a bike anyway, but only because she had to travel a lot and I didn't know how else to speed that up.)

I wouldn't even mind them being confined to a stable as long as they're at home, but of c'horse, you should be able to go for a ride with them as well. Otherwise, what's the point? And please, don't make them disappear into a sim's inventory whenever they're not being used, that would be silly - yes, I realise it happens to cows and llamas, too, but those are basically objects that can't exist without a stable. I hope horses won't be. Didn't TS3 treat them more like family members anyway, similar to cats and dogs? Let's do that again.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Didn't one of the images teased last year have a dog on it, and everyone was wondering, because like we've already got those. It could be their way of referring to Horses, but not actually. Because they know how we would've reacted to an actual horse. They were like, "We'll use dogs, they're a part of the animal world." I don't know.

I find it suspiciously early to be teasing horses if we're hours away from a livestream revealing, presumably, something that's not horses. Maybe, when EA sent the memo to everyone what's next to tease, after the stream, someone got theirs early.

If I were EA, at this point, I would put something horse themed into the next EP, maybe an image on a t-shirt or something, so when we get it we'll be like "Oh, man. No real horses." Then later when they do reveal the next EP then they'd surprise us all.

With real horses in the game, I'd be worried they'd have a glitch where if you were riding them when you changed lots, the horse would be left behind while you travel. I really hope not, but Sims 4 is known for it's glitches.

I kinda do hope we get a western themed pack, as others have suggested, with lots of old wooden furniture, and one of those swinging doors like they have in the movies. And I hope that the dog on the world concept art I mentioned above is a hint that they've remembered they actually have that pack when they are designing this one. I love cross-pack compatible features.
    edited January 2023
    omg you are tight. There WAS a dog on the design of the city previous year. We already got dogs so why would they post dog here? Dogs and horses are animals/pets so maybe they are hinting slightly?
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    Didn't one of the images teased last year have a dog on it, and everyone was wondering, because like we've already got those. It could be their way of referring to Horses, but not actually. Because they know how we would've reacted to an actual horse. They were like, "We'll use dogs, they're a part of the animal world." I don't know.

I find it suspiciously early to be teasing horses if we're hours away from a livestream revealing, presumably, something that's not horses. Maybe, when EA sent the memo to everyone what's next to tease, after the stream, someone got theirs early.

If I were EA, at this point, I would put something horse themed into the next EP, maybe an image on a t-shirt or something, so when we get it we'll be like "Oh, man. No real horses." Then later when they do reveal the next EP then they'd surprise us all.

With real horses in the game, I'd be worried they'd have a glitch where if you were riding them when you changed lots, the horse would be left behind while you travel. I really hope not, but Sims 4 is known for it's glitches.

I kinda do hope we get a western themed pack, as others have suggested, with lots of old wooden furniture, and one of those swinging doors like they have in the movies. And I hope that the dog on the world concept art I mentioned above is a hint that they've remembered they actually have that pack when they are designing this one. I love cross-pack compatible features.

• HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

Well they could make them at least rideable in neighborhoods like bikes. Some of the larger park lots and the surroundings would be a good place to ride them, like the park in willow creek. I guess they could make them like bikes where they go in your inventory temporarily when you change lots.

My gosh, I want a pocket horse. That would make hauling out to ride so much more easier. I wouldn't have to hook up the trailer then. Just pop the pony in a pocket and off we go.

Needless to say, I want horses in Sims 4 with a burning passion. My historical saves demand it, as does my simself. I sadly lost my elderly mare this last year (it's only been a month and I miss her terribly :'( )
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 486 Member
    I would love to have horses in the game. I'm not into horses at all irl, but I recently got Sims 3 Pets and I just love all the interactions you can do with horses. As others have said, they could function like bikes within a neighbourhood, and there could be special lots as in Sims 3 where you practise racing and jumping skills. Being able to put them in your inventory (also cars?) would be a great idea!
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm not into horses IRL but the Sims 3 horses were my favourite pets available in that pack, and my favourite horses in any game I've ever played. I would probably buy a horse-themed game pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    edited February 2023

I really want horses. I skipped TS3 so not sure how they worked, but I'd like to see them treated like bicycles in how they work and then have a new lot type as some form of equestrian center where you could do courses, jumps, lessons, etc..

It would work well as a game pack I think, a new world would be needed really (a South American one would work well I think), plus new lot type and new skill (a rabbit hole career/school club could also fit too).

I really hope they are coming. But if they are not on the road map I hope they stop teasing like this as this is getting all our hopes up and I really hope it isn't just to be disappointed again.

Edit: Also some more horse items in the new EP trailer. Can't be a coincidence right?

Post edited by JemmaTheSimmer on
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Yeah, that horse puzzle in the new trailer does seem a bit on the nose...