Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Local Color - Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited January 2023
    Saskia was all a-twitter to discover that Aarush, her crush and prom date, had joined her school this week.
    12-16-22-2-19-41-PM.png

She gave him a tour of the school... and showed off the coffee she made in the coffeemaker
    (this was actually to get her over the fear of failure)
    12-16-22-2-28-44-PM.png

After school Meg and Saskia visited the art and music room to work on their creative activities. Meg practiced singing, and Saskia tried painting again.
    12-16-22-2-36-40-PM.png

Pretty soon, though, Aarush came in with a few other people and began to insult Saskia's work
    12-16-22-2-39-38-PM.png

I know it's not very good- I only just started! That's a mean thing to do. Especially to your prom date, in front of everyone.
    12-16-22-2-38-24-PM.png

Mister, you are disinvited to prom with me.
    12-16-22-2-39-58-PM.png

I'll be sad later. For now, I'm just proud of myself. Check out those smiles from the bystanders. They know I did the right thing.
    12-16-22-2-40-36-PM.png

I deserve better.

That night, Portia was feeling furious again, and asked her family to leave her alone in the house for a while
    "Are you sure you're going to be okay?"
    "Yeah. Kristopher says, if I can get through a transformation without scaring anyone, it will help me gain more control over my transformations."
    12-16-22-2-53-01-PM.png

"Can I ask you something? Why is Saskia's bed missing?"
    "Huh?"
    12-16-22-2-49-23-PM.png

"Is it true that werewolves eat furniture?"
    "I... don't think I can do that, but I'm not sure. Um, I'll get her another bed. For now maybe you should go."

They went fishing.

Portia read a couple of werewolf books.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-16-at-2-51-38-PM.png

And made it through a rampage without scaring anyone!
    12-16-22-2-56-06-PM.png

Mostly.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-16-at-3-01-35-PM.png

But, apparently scaring people online doesn't count!

Portia blew out her candles in style the next morning.
    12-16-22-3-24-27-PM.png

And that concludes the last update of Generation 1! Now that Portia is a young adult, they'll move. They can move to either of the two adjacent worlds, which are Henford-on-Bagley and Mt. Komorebi. I've chosen Mt. Komorebi. That means we won't be back to Henford-on-Bagley until the last generation of the challenge, except possibly for vacations. Mt. Komorebi is adjacent to Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek, so that is where we'll be able to travel.

Lucy, we will always remember you in Brindleton Bay this way.
    12-16-22-3-10-57-PM.png
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,837 Member
    @mightysprite
    Good for you Saskia! Any man who won't stand with you and be supportive isn't worth your time! It may hurt but you did the right thing girlfriend. I love Portia wearing the cat ears when she's in her human form. Being a werewolf will come in handy in Mt. Komorebi. Goodbye, or maybe goodbye for now Lucy.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @mightysprite :)
    I'm glad that Portia is getting a better handle on her fury and getting through rampages without negatively affecting others. That seems like a real challenge. At least being a member of the Moonwood Collective suits Portia (like everyone has already said).

I suppose it's good that Aarush showed his true colors before prom. He seems mean and manipulative. Not everyone starts out super talented at art. She'll get better.

Also, happy birthday to Portia! I look forward to her adventures in Mt. Komorebi and to her drinking lots of tea. It's one of my favorite worlds.

Out of curiosity, did you consider any of the other holidays for the travel day? Harvestfest seems perfect, but I'm curious if there were any other contenders for your save.

That last picture of Lucy is so cool.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 @haneul
    Yeah, HSY automatically pulls (or generates) one Mean teen to serve as school bully. I was mightily annoyed to discover that Aarush was it this week. Well whatever. You don't generally marry the first boy you crush on in high school.
    Plus, Saskia sees how her parents treat each other every day in their very loving marriage, so she has too good a set of expectations to be willing to accept bad treatment from a partner.

Portia loves those ears :) they're a way of being a werewolf fangirl.

I thought about designating birthdays as travel day, but that felt too frequent. In real life Harvestfest is to me a very family-gathering-oriented holiday, so that's why I chose it for travel day in the game.
  • Options
    Just sharing a little preview of Gen 2 :)

16-meme-teaser.png
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Here's how the Strachans settled into Mt. Komorebi for the beginning of Generation 2!

Mt. Komorebi's color is red, so their home and clothing theme colors are now red and white (from Brindleton Bay).
    Mt. Komorebi's local tradition is drinking tea.
    I'm using the optional challenge, which is that it's rude to refuse invitations here-- we have to accept all invitations that don't violate the travel rules.
    Saskia and Cassie Akiyama are good friends with a little crush on top. Hopefully that will become our local best friendship or romantic interest, either way :)

The important stuff first
    12-26-22-4-45-19-PM.png

Poor Saskia is the only one who needs to use the ski lift
    Meg flies
    12-25-22-4-39-57-PM.png

Portia tunnels.
    12-26-22-6-34-51-PM.png

I decided to have them live in Yukimatsu so they can hop right onto the slopes whenever they want. If I get tired of looking at snow, we can move to another part of Mt. Komorebi anytime we want :)

I built their house, based on this beautiful ski cabin near Nagano, Japan
    https://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2020/02/26/realestate/wood-glass-and-stone-in-japan/s/26IHH-JAPAN-slide-HZD9.html
    12-25-22-3-33-14-PM.png

Despite the vaulted ceiling at the back, it's one story. I wanted to use only the funds they really had. There are two normal-sized bedrooms, one very small bedroom and one bathroom at the back of the house. Portia wanted the small bedroom since she could have it to herself.
    They spend most of their time in this room
    The walls are decorated with Saskia's photos of Brindleton Bay.
    12-26-22-5-46-26-PM.png

12-26-22-7-40-44-PM.png

12-26-22-7-57-10-PM.png

12-26-22-4-54-23-PM.png

(Spellcasters smell funny)

They traded in the computer for a laptop so Michael can write on the deck, when it's not blizzarding. He is Iceproof so I guess he can type in the cold okay :)
    12-25-22-3-34-39-PM.png

And the basketball hoop is out back. Of course.

On the other side of Yukimatsu is a large, disused national park. Portia and her friends explored it.
    There was a pavilion with some old junk left by previous generations of teenagers
    12-26-22-1-43-08-PM.png

Back behind the pavilion was a very old shrine, in some disrepair, but there was still a certain power about it.
    Evie thought she knew what that door might be for.
    12-26-22-1-34-12-PM.png

Portia founded in that spot a Mt. Komorebi/Brindleton Bay branch of the Moonwood Collective. They're calling it the Ice Wolves.
    Portia's friends Nanami Ito and Cassiel Irving were feeling ready to join.
    It was a good thing Portia didn't recruit too many new members at once. Baby weres are a lot of work.
    12-27-22-5-47-13-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-5-48-50-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-26-at-1-35-54-PM.png

Here's our Mt. Komorebi
    mt-komorebi.png
    Next to the Strachans' house is a ski shop, which I downloaded from the gallery, along with the beautiful Kobayashi family (mother and two kids) who own it. I moved them into the vacant lot in Wakaba, but I'm playing that they live above the store in the lovely little apartment.

The Akiyamas and Kaori Nishidake still live in their original homes in Senbamachi. I moved Makoto Fujita, a spellcasting friend of Meg's, into the other house.

Wakaba has Susu Sushi, a minisprite renovation of a gallery sushi restaurant.
    12-26-22-7-32-41-PM.png
    (Saskia and Cassie)

Hazakura Lounge and the Itos' house are the same.

Neighborhood Stories moved Rory Oaklow into the house next to the restaurant. That makes me laugh.
    And now that we live in Mt. Komorebi, we have access to Willow Creek! So I set up that world a little bit too
    willow-creek.png
    I added a pool from the gallery, and a pizza and boba restaurant that I tweaked slightly from the Dine Out library.

Cassiel, Christy Bheeda and Evie Delgato got a house together, "Suburban House" from the gallery, across the street from the BFF house.

In the business area is "Centre d'art pour tous," from the gallery, with some tweaks
    12-26-22-7-16-16-PM.png

12-26-22-7-17-39-PM.png

12-26-22-7-21-53-PM.png

12-26-22-7-25-14-PM.png

12-26-22-7-26-45-PM.png

and "Brick and Bean Cafe," from the gallery.
    12-26-22-6-05-03-PM.png

One of many nice date spots for Meg and her boyfriend Roderick Goth.

12-26-22-6-07-11-PM.png

12-26-22-6-09-08-PM.png

12-26-22-1-08-55-PM.png

This is Roderick's brother Cole. They look basically exactly the same. It's unnerving.
    12-26-22-1-10-30-PM.png

Really, Meg?
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-26-at-7-43-52-PM.png

When Meg isn't mooning over her boyfriend, she's in the Magic Realm. She loves drinking a Potion of Plentiful Needs when her family is getting ready for bed, and heading off to practice.
    12-26-22-1-17-25-PM.png

I did build a Mt. Komorebi High, but I'm not that happy with it. Everything is too far apart.
    12-26-22-5-18-17-PM.png

12-26-22-5-18-47-PM.png

12-26-22-5-37-51-PM.png

12-27-22-9-25-19-PM.png

My idea was an arts and technology focused high school. Saskia has the Master Maker aspiration, and this will help her out.
    12-26-22-5-30-14-PM.png

On the second floor are music classrooms, a theatre, and a gym that's primarily devoted to ping-pong.

Portia's birthday was on the first day of winter. We moved on that day, and according to the challenge, the first day of winter is now Reunion Day, devoted to appreciating our Heirlooms from previous worlds and telling stories. So far, our one Heirloom is Michael's treefish that he caught in Brindleton Bay.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-3-53-35-PM.png

Post edited by mightysprite on
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    I can just picture everyone screaming and skiing far away from a skiing werewolf : P I love the ski cabin and the high school!
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @mightysprite
    I thought the mental image of a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic’s was the craziest werewolf image. Then I saw a werewolf skiing in Mt. Komorebi.🤣 This next generation has a lot potential for zaniness. I can’t wait for the werewolf in the Onsen.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @SnowBnuuy @DaniRose2143
    Haha Portia has the Restless Creature temperament so she's always going stir-crazy in the house! Sending her out skiing is a godsend. She's, uh, gotten really good at it.

edit- Restless Animal, sorry. (Restless Creature is a very good documentary about ballerina Wendy Whelan which I always think of when I see that temperament name.)
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 790 Member
    I love seeing occults in action in-game, and on this front there really is a lot going on right now XD
    The werewolf skiing was definitively funny to see.

The change of generation then also meant changing neighborhood, and considering the travel limitations Mt. Komorebi is a quite funny world where to play. Also the high school you set for the new generation seems quite fitting, it reminds me of the typical high school from a few animes XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I love Mt. Komorebi so much and seeing it here makes me want to travel to Nagano or somewhere. Hmm...
    I appreciate the meme and what a nice house you’ve built for them in Yukimatsu! Good additions to Willow Creek too. The shoe section in Mt. Komorebi High is a good touch. It’s too bad HSY doesn’t support uniforms.

It’s hopefully a relief that Portia can calm werewolves on the brink of rampage now. I hope everyone does lots of winter sports while in Mt. Komorebi and doesn’t get too many awkward invitations to things.

Also, the image of Saskia using the fabricator is so cool. It really gives off a high-tech school feeling.
  • Options
    Thanks @HermioneSims and @haneul :)
    I wish there were school uniforms at school, too! It's so cute how they leave for and return from rabbithole school in uniform. I wish they could keep them while there.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    At this point in the game, all the original Adults are starting to die off :(
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-26-at-1-15-50-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-26-at-1-40-11-PM.png

It was quite a scary and sad day at Mt. Komorebi High when this one happened
    12-27-22-9-29-04-PM.png

But Grim and Meg shared a moment
    12-27-22-9-30-21-PM.png

"Is it weird that I'm actually happy when someone dies, a little bit, because then I get to see you?"
    12-27-22-9-37-54-PM.png

"It's definitely weird. I don't mind."
    "Me neither. I feel way better now! Time to get back to schoolwork..."
    "I'm exhausted."
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-9-39-00-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-9-38-29-PM.png

Good things are happening too. Cassie Akiyama dropped by on Winterfest to ask Saskia a couple of questions
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-5-08-06-PM.png

Yes! Saskia has a crush on you! Let's go to prom!

Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-5-13-08-PM.png

Yes, yes!! You can be our Mt. Komorebi best friend and/or romantic interest!

Cassie, you're adorable.
    12-27-22-5-13-35-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-5-17-25-PM.png

Saskia is making friends at school too
    12-28-22-1-45-25-PM.png

That's Alexis Harjo in the background, and Takuya Suzuki in the foreground. Neighborhood Stories moved the Suzukis into the Pancakes' old house in Willow Creek, so we can actually go visit them if we want.

Alexis was pretty sad about her mom dying at school. Saskia was supportive.
    12-28-22-1-36-44-PM.png

And some good news from Meg's college applications!
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-27-at-9-49-21-PM.png

Meg doesn't exactly know what she wants to do yet, but she's excited about studying language and literature at Britechester.
    12-27-22-9-49-38-PM.png

Her dad is excited for her too. (Poor legacy founder, he never had a chance to go to university before he started making babies!)

The Winterfest gifts included skis for Portia, an easel for Saskia, and some skill books for Meg (she'd rather learn to do things by reading, she's a bookworm and Speed Reader)
    12-28-22-12-05-29-PM.png

Okay fine, here's a werewolf skiing picture for anyone who has been wondering when they could see one
    12-28-22-5-50-30-PM.png

Here in Mt. Komorebi we are playing with the optional challenge: we must accept all invitations that don't violate the travel rules. This means we get interrupted very often by things that turn out to be really fun. Like MEETING THE AKIYAMAS' NEW DOG
    12-28-22-12-36-19-PM.png

Awoooooo!!
    Awoo?
    12-28-22-12-40-41-PM.png

Meg had her Young Adult birthday party at the Hazakura Lounge. She treated the guests to her latest set. Social events are now a mostly-seamless mix of normies and Magic Realm people. This is Meg's spellcaster friend Makoto on the left.
    12-28-22-2-10-24-PM.png

Meg's boyfriend Roderick Goth, wanting to prove he isn't boring even though he's not a spellcaster, decided to wear this skirt to the party. I guess he had second thoughts. Here he is hiding in the bathroom.
    12-28-22-2-11-21-PM.png

(Portia is getting a bit high on Fury here. Maybe she should be the one to hide? She isn't.)

Roderick came out of his shell with some pleasant conversation.
    12-28-22-2-26-08-PM.png

Meg blew out her candles
    12-28-22-2-12-38-PM.png

And after the party, they took a walk and Meg asked an important question.
    12-28-22-2-38-21-PM.png

It was true, Roderick had recently aged up himself and had said a couple of things to Meg that indicated he might be changing
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-6-29-30-PM.png

But Meg felt she could handle anything. All she wants in life is to be with her soulmate.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-6-32-52-PM.png

Meg continued her magical studies, focusing on Untamed magic. She was also becoming friends with the new Practical sage, Satoru Inoue, after the death of Simeon Silversweater.
    Satoru came by to visit one day
    12-28-22-3-20-29-PM.png

Meg tried to impress him by cleaning the tea set with magic
    12-28-22-3-08-42-PM.png

Oops.

He enjoyed the tea though. After the fire had been duly extinguished. The mundane way.

Prom was fun for Saskia and Cassie
    Eat your heart out, mean boy Aarush, Saskia's former prom date. You are not worthy of this.
    12-28-22-3-30-48-PM.png

They danced the night away
    12-28-22-3-32-12-PM.png

And finished up with coquito
    12-28-22-3-39-58-PM.png

and, some ambiguously lengthy hugging goodnight...
    12-28-22-3-43-49-PM.png

• Options
    @mightysprite That was a wonderful update.
    Meg is a delightfully oddball character. I’m happy to see Rodrick got over his reluctance to wear his skirt in public. Own it and be proud Rodrick!. Good for you Saskia, you deserve so much better than a mean spirited boy like Aarush!
  • Options
    Thanks @DaniRose2143 :) I like "oddball" for Meg, perfect.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,429 Member
    Loved the update
    So many deaths, oh my. That Grim and Meg moment, lmao. Oh wow a werewolf skiing, I've it all now.😂 Aw Portia howling with the dog, that's adorable. That so sweet, Meg just wants to be with her soulmate ❤️ Congratulations on her engagement 🥰
  • Options
    Hi @BlueSeaWaves thanks for stopping by :)
  • Options
    Meg's high school graduation day arrived!

She didn't see her boyfriend Roderick Goth anywhere. Which maybe was okay for right now. She was still sorting out her feelings about him becoming evil.

Her friend Makoto from the Magic Realm came to support her. That was nice.
    12-28-22-6-46-19-PM.png

One thing I really like about My Wedding Stories is all the random townies with their dapper boutonnieres :)
    12-28-22-6-39-19-PM.png

Piper Delgato gave a slightly awkward valedictorian speech
    12-28-22-6-41-25-PM.png

The big moment!
    12-28-22-6-43-45-PM.png

I was able to set Meg's robe color, as you can see by her Komorebi red, but it's a little weird that everyone's robes are different colors. I wish the whole class would have the same color.

Meg was so pleased with her graduation cap that she continued to wear it even while helping make Dad's birthday cake
    12-28-22-6-53-35-PM.png

And even slept in it
    12-28-22-7-04-21-PM.png

As for Michael, he aged up to elder, still quite handsome
    12-28-22-7-02-59-PM.png

and still the best-ever support to his daughters.
    12-28-22-7-05-17-PM.png
  • Options
    Nice update
    Congratulations Meg! Agreed, nice to see sims wearing boutonnieres. Love that she is wearing the graduation cap while baking and even sleeping.Michael still looking good ,awh love the girls going to Michael for support❤️
  • Options
    HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 790 Member
    Congrats to Meg for her graduation! :)

The US-style graduation ceremony is always very charming as well, I envied the robes and hats for quite a while when I was younger XD
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.18 posted on the 23th of April 2024*
  • Options
    @mightysprite
    I’m happy to see Meg graduating. Perhaps her evil boyfriend missing out is for the best. Him behaving evilly when she should be celebrating would be a downer. I agree about Michael being handsome. <3
    I was able to set Meg's robe color, as you can see by her Komorebi red, but it's a little weird that everyone's robes are different colors. I wish the whole class would have the same color.

That’s too bad about the game. I imagine that if any of my Sims get to have a graduation ceremony, I will use MCCC to force all the students to match.
  • Options
    @mightysprite Yay! Update time!
    Congrats Meg! It's really fun to see her milking that rite of passage for everything she can. She has so much to be proud of! I don't recall seeing any sims wearing boutonnieres in my saves. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention or I wasn't in the right setting. Micheal does make a very handsome elder.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    Woo for graduation! Don't date the evil guy, no matter how cute you may find him Meg! Glad Michael is still there for his daughters as much as he can as an old man < 3
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks for reading @BlueSeaWaves @HermioneSims @haneul @DaniRose2143 and @SnowBnuuy :)

Here's what the other two sisters have been up to lately...

Saskia has been feeling drawn to all the plant life around her, needing only the sun and water for energy, yet so full of beauty and vitality, even here in frozen Yukimatsu
    12-28-22-7-07-24-PM.png

But she was wishing to see sun and green things a little more, so when Portia went to visit her friends in Willow Creek, Saskia tagged along.
    Cassiel was having a rough day. "We might be a minute here," said Portia. "Are you okay with taking a walk and meeting us back at the house in a little while?"
    Saskia looked around at the lush growing things and happily agreed.
    12-28-22-7-52-22-PM.png

She wandered happily
    12-28-22-7-53-46-PM.png

Now that is a huge and beautiful tree
    12-28-22-7-54-09-PM.png

It seemed to want to know her... before long she found herself in a strange glade
    12-28-22-8-03-27-PM.png

Where a fragrant bi-colored fruit called out to her
    12-28-22-8-05-51-PM.png

It tasted good
    12-28-22-8-06-18-PM.png

Whoa! Something feels very different! Oo, the sun is warm and feels nice... hang on, was that pollen she was shedding?
    12-28-22-8-06-56-PM.png

On her way back Saskia paused to make a painting of the huge and beautiful tree
    12-28-22-8-13-04-PM.png

When the sun set she started to feel hungry. A local bluebell plant looked surprisingly delicious.
    12-28-22-8-19-22-PM.png

Meanwhile, Portia was visiting with her friends. Christy Bheeda, Cassiel Irving and Evie Delgato live here.

Portia, a proud Moonwood Collective member, is hoping to grow and prosper the Collective as much as she can. She's sharing Werewolf Diplomacy with everyone she can, and making lots of videos online to help a wider audience understand werewolves. Portia loves Kristopher but she thinks he's living in the past. And he isn't exactly growing the pack, unless you count this
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-8-57-50-PM.png

Portia is moving up the ranks!
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-6-54-30-PM.png

Unfortunately, not being the alpha, Portia can't add members to the Moonwood Collective. And due to this challenge's travel restrictions, she can't just take all her friends along to Moonwood Mill. So she has a club called the Ice Wolves, representing Mt. Komorebi and surrounding worlds. Cassiel is a member already, as is Nanami Ito. Christy and Evie are beginning to aspire to.

(Yeah, this is the kind of group where they decorate their living room in a sweet Pinterest fashion and then only hang out in the garage.)
    12-28-22-8-14-29-PM.png

Christy took the plunge tonight.
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-8-18-39-PM.png

12-28-22-8-23-09-PM.png

Oddly, all the Ice Wolves members so far are Kleptomaniacs. Nanami was from the beginning, and Cassiel and Christy both gained that trait becoming Young Adults. I'm not sure exactly what to do with that theme...

Everyone at school seemed to take Saskia's change in stride. As did her parents. In fact, Michael is happily at work on a memoir entitled "My Very Remarkable Daughters."
    Hard at work fabricating, while surreptitiously glancing at the cute new boy walking down the hall
    12-28-22-8-36-49-PM.png

Hey, the new boy is cute! Kind of gruff and edgy, without actually being mean. And he thinks werewolves are cool, too. His name is Isao Suzuki. And he lives in Willow Creek, thanks to Neighborhood Stories.

Saskia kind of has a crush on him.... oh and also on her friend Alexis Harjo, what can you do
    Screen-Shot-2022-12-28-at-8-41-27-PM.png

"You make me feel like looking directly at the sun!"
    "Aren't you not supposed to do that?"
    12-28-22-8-41-56-PM.png

"It makes me feel energized all through afternoon class!"
    12-28-22-8-44-55-PM.png

Later, Saskia tried to concentrate on research. These days, it seems there's always a worked-up werewolf sitting on our couch... leadership has its responsibilities...
    12-28-22-9-01-08-PM.png

• Options
    Fun update!
    Saskia painting is so good, and she became a plant sim. For a moment thought she was an alien but quickly realized that can't be😅 Love the group name, Ice wolves. It's very fitting. That's awesome Portia was able to turn her friends into werewolves, lmao they're all kleptomaniacs. And she's rising through the ranks☺️