March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👽 Miller Legacy 🛸

Comments

• SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    Sorry, late to the party as usual but caught up!
    NOOOOO LUKE ;-; Gah this is so sad, but at least his legacy lives on in his kids and his books < 3 Though Toq seems distant speech-wise I think him wanting to play chess with her is his way of trying to make her feel better or give her company in her grief. Cassy and Toq would be good friends with each other < 3 I can't remember if Cassy is already seeing someone or not, but I wonder if things will go deeper than that. I'm sure falling in love with a modern sixamian would cause some fun drama on his end with his own people!

Yeah, acting all uppity to the modern Sixamians isn't the helpful thing those two ancient Sixamians seem to think it is... at least Toq will help Venus realise they aren't all like that. The way Stuart brought together aliens and humans, and his children after that, and how Luke helped aliens to embrace their own culture in their new area, and now it seems it's Toq and Cassy's turn to help bring modern and ancient Sixamians together. OOP there we go! This'll be fun! I wonder how those ancient Sixamians will feel about Toq romancing a modern Sixamian : P
    they/them or she/her
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I think I just now figured out why I love Cassy so much.
    Social awkwardness, or just introversion, can also equal openness to possibilities/experiences that more conventionally social people might push away as odd/uncool/not socially acceptable.
    Like, I couldn't imagine someone like Venus being open to dating an ancient sixamian. I adore Venus too, but that wouldn't be her style. Cassy is maybe at some distance from her own people, so exploring the unknown isn't that different.
    gen3-banner.png
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 774 Member
    Thanks a lot for your comments! I'm glad you're having as much fun with this part as I did, and the real troubles aren't even started yet...

@GlacierSnow
    They are quite cute together, that's true.

Venus and Steve, instead, don't seem to be ready to pass over that "little and insignificant" episode which was the abduction. With not-very-likeable people like Arizhel (and, to a lesser extent) Antaan around, it seems quite easy for them to keep hating on the whole group of the ancient Sixamians. Considering that, on the other side, there are many people like Arizhel who keep looking down on the locals, it's not hard to see why it may be difficult to start any real dialogue between the two groups...

@SnowBnuuy
    Sadly Luke became a father at the end of his young-adult age, which in-game means to pass away early in the following generation ;( This could be one of the things I dislike the most about the game, without cheating it's almost impossible to play grandparents. And, of course, I will miss writing his diary a lot, I'm sure he would have had a lot of interesting things to say about what is going on now...

As for the last chapter instead, the ancient sixamians seem to have very different habits from the modern ones and, apparently, haven't grasped the secrets of local politeness yet. It's quite unsurprising that the two groups are facing so many communication issues, not everyone is willing to take a step back and do some effort to find a common ground.
    In this respect both Cassy and Toq seem quite of the outlines of the respective groups, in the next few chapters they will definitively be very important for the development...

@mightysprite
    Cassy definitively doesn't care at all about what is "popular" and what is not and she doesn't care about the other's judgement either. I've never thought about connecting it with her introversion but, actually, it would make sense for the two elements to be related. Also, she is quite an intelligent person who gets bored very easily, and spending time with someone with such a different background and who is willing to answer all her questions and curiosity really is her cup of tea.

And it's also absolutely true that Venus would never do the same, they definitively have a very different attitude in this regard. As twin sisters, her and Cassy used to be very close as kids, but the more time passes the more their different attitudes are bringing them towards different paths... Which is definitively something which should be addressed in the next few chapters, isn't it?
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    @mightysprite

I really like that you brought up that difference between Cassy and Venus. I love Cassy for very much the same reason. And I think your observation is very much in line with my real world experiences.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Chapter 5.13
    As rude as the ancient Sixamians are, I'm not sure that they're totally wrong about their ability to do things. Everyone needs lithium and the others haven't been able to source it yet. It seems like Arizhel and Antaan are offering help, but rudely. I hope that they can come to an understanding with Venus and Steve. I wonder what the end goal is for the ancient Sixamians. I get that they pride themselves on efficiency for what purpose? They don't seem to want to be efficient so that they can experience more joy or easier lives.

Like everyone else, I like Cassy and Toq together too. I love the kiss that Cassy gives Toq <3 It’s so sweet. <3 I think the pace of their relationship is fine. I’m ready for their marriage (if it happens).

It's extraordinarily late of me to say this, but I love how the celestial background on your blog goes with the theme of your legacy.
    To everyone, I'm really glad so many of you are interested in the latest developments in the story, and also about all the love Cassy is getting!

About this, if I'm not wrong I haven't told who the heir for generation 5 is going to be yet, isn't it? In either case, I don't want to tell precisely just yet, but be aware that when playing this part of the story I planned that the first between Venus and Cassy to have a child would have become the heir. So it remains to be seen what happens now, I guess.

I also see a lot of curiosity about the ancient sixamians. About this don't worry as sooner or later there will be explanations. At a certain point I also plan to add a few extra chapters from their point of view (even if it will probably take a while before I post them), there is definitively a lot to tell on this front.

@haneul
    The ancient sixamians really seem to have a different attitude towards life in general, and they don't seem to be able to easily shift to the earthling way of thinking and living. Understanding their goal will definitely be a crucial point from now on.

Cassy and Toq are also very cute, particularly so in this chapter. As for the marriage... We will see what happens next XD

Also, thanks for the comment about my blog's background! I admit to not have put much effort into setting up the graphics of the blog, also that background theme is one of those suggested by blogger. Yet, I like a lot the constellations theme for this legacy!
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.12 posted on the 25th of March 2024*
    Chapter 5.14 is out! (link)

I don't want to write comments this time. Or, better, I prefer to leave them in my little corner at the end of the chapter.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Chapter 5.14
    The title has me worried. My instant and paranoid thought was that I hope Cassy isn't disillusioned about Toq. Oh no - Venus' diary entry only increases my concern. Why won't he visit her home or explain his reluctance?

Umm? :o Maybe I'm becoming delusional, but I'm not 100% convinced its over between them because he hasn't explained himself yet. He just left in fear. I will wait for Toq's explanation about ancient Sixamian culture. But he really isn't doing himself any favors in the eyes of her family.
    Thanks for the comment @haneul !
    This chapter definitively went on very quickly, also the characters didn't really have the time to realise fully what happened yet. Toq clearly had something bothering him, and his way of showing it (i.e. not explaining anything and leaving) really won't help anyone understand what's going on in his mind. Even sympathizing with him is a challenge now actually.

Ad for whether he will be back with an explanation or not... Well, of course I can't give too many details. All I can say is that in the next few chapters a lot will happen, so who knows, maybe yes, maybe not...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    This week I'll try to post a bit more often than usual, as next one I will be busy with a work journey from Monday to Sunday included. So, here it is chapter 5.15! (link)

This could be the chapter with the most things happening at once in a while...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Aw!
    Cassy, Venus and Steve will be excellent co-parents! To however many kids!
    I admit I didn't want to choose between reading about Cassy or Venus either. :)

gen3-banner.png
    Caught up!

Ahhh darn, that's not good at all. Okay I get that the Ancient Sixamians are less 'emotional' beings in a way but... Darn don't just walk up, man up and be the dad! I guess there's the whole 'but what will the others think if they find out the baby is mine?' thing and that would go down badly, but...you know, you're the dad, DO SOMETHING!

I think Cassy has a supportive enough family on her side at least that any of her concerns about raising a child, she'll have someone she can talk to about it. Just a shame she'll have to potentially do it without Toq around... It was interesting, and refreshing, that the option to discontinue it was brought up. AND JUST as I say that the mother dies, noooo ;-; But at least there's Steve and Venus around. But on the bright side...New baby! I wonder what he'll grow up to be like? and I wonder what bits he'll pick up biologically from the Ancient bloodline?
    they/them or she/her
    Thanks for the comments!

@mightysprite
    My plans for them are actually even more complicated than just co-parenting N kids (N≥1), and also funnier to play actually... B)

As for the choice of keeping Venus in the main household instead, I actually had tried to move her and Steve out for a few days, but I was missing them too much and I just moved them back at this point :P

@SnowBnuuy
    Toq really messed up badly, that's for sure. About this, I think I can start to anticipate that, once this section of the story is over and there won't be any other details added to this matter, I plan to also post two extra-chapter to retell a few bits of the story, including this one, from Toq's perspective. I actually can't wait to reach the point when I can post them without spoiling anything, I'm quite happy with how those drafts are turning out.

As for Cassy instead, if the story wasn't a Legacy I would have probably explored the discontinuing option even more, but the times were very tight and, so that I need an heir for the next generation at some point, I was quite sure about the outcome since the beginning.
    I was quite upset when Misty passed away too, she was so close to meet her grandchild... But this is the game, basically I'm resigned to the idea that there won't be any grandparents-grandchildren gameplay in this legacy.
    As for Sirio's genetics instead... This is a matter for the next chapter :P
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Got behind somehow. :open_mouth: Will remedy that immediately.

Chapter "Disillusionment"

Me, seeing the title: "Uh oh..."

Well that was certainly a quick romance. And the one time I actually ship a pair beforehand too. :lol: You are indeed cruel. :frowning::wink:

Actually, this is a great soap opera style twist, and I look forward to some more if that's where you're going. Must have been hard not to say anything while we were all gushing about Toq.

I do wonder what's going on with him. Was he just not that into her? Did he misunderstand what sort of relationship they were starting? Is there pressure being put on him by the other Ancient Sixamians?

The pregnancy took me by surprise! Hadn't realized they had already reached the, uh... "woohoo" stage yet. This will be interesting.

Chapter "Changing plans"

A tough choice for Cassy. I like that you show her thinking about it. I honestly could see it going either way for her at this point. But because I selfishly want to see what the kid looks like, I will wholeheartedly support her decision. :lol:

"I don't know exactly why he decided to use a hammer to make a robot" - :joy::joy::joy: Classic.

Oh no! Misty too? :cry: These generational stories can get so sad. But at least she was there to support Cassy while she was making her decision. I think it really is going to be hard for Venus and Cassy to deal with everything without her around. Also wondering what affect her passing will have on the community. Just like Luke, she was a big part of how it was built. Losing two influential figures so suddenly at a time when it would be easy for people to become divided seems potentially... problematic.

I love the name Sirio! :love: That's adorable. Way cuter than Sirius.

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    @GlacierShow , thanks for the comment!
    With the "Disillusionment" chapter in particular I was very aware that the plot was proceeding too quickly, but all sims were uncomfortably close to their birthday at this point and I had to rush a lot of things in a few sim-days to ensure a Gen 6. Still, all those things happening in such a short time really left a toll on most of the characters.
    As for what Toq was thinking... As I anticipated in my previous comment, there will be a couple of extra chapters where I will re-tell this episode and a few others from his POV. It will take a while before I arrive to publish them, but in short I can say that... it's complicated.

Passing to the latest chapter instead, I had selfish story-related reasons for wanting Cassy to have a kid now (i.e., Gen 6 has to happen at some point), but I didn't see her as the kind of person to accept an unplanned pregnancy without a second thought.
    Misty was this close to meet Sirio, her passing away in that very moment was so unfair... If I ever play another legacy, I will strongly modify all age-spans, because this way it's just cruel...
    On the in-story side of the matter instead, Misty was surely quite an important figure around New Sixam, many will miss her attitude. Also, she and Luke were among the youngest sixamians who remembered how it was to be discriminated against by humans, thus... Let's hope they will at least remember to read again Luke's books.

As for the name Sirio, I liked it so much more than Sirius and so I just decided to keep it as in the original version. I generally try to translate most of the Italian names of the characters in the story (either the ones I gave to them or the one generated by the game) because, if I kept names like Maria, Giovanni, Chiara, Alberto... in the English translation, it would sound a bit too much like a Telenovela. However, some now and then I plan to keep the original names even if in English they are super uncommon, because I just can't imagine changing the name of some of the main characters.
    2if86miljyb3.png
    5.15 I accidentally missed leaving a comment earlier.
    RIP Misty. The length of the elder lifespan in the Sims 4 really seems unbalanced.

I am disappointed in Toq. I am still expecting (hoping?) that he will have an excuse, but he really left Cassy during a difficult time. If Venus and Steve hadn't stayed around to help, it would have been so horrible for her. :( I can't wait to see Sirio as a toddler. I agree that Sirio is a better name than Sirius too.
    Thanks @haneul !
    Very unbalanced and unfair, I will continue to repeat it until the end of the legacy.

As for Toq instead, he would really need to return back with an extremely good excuse for this to have any chance to be forgiven, that's for sure. It remains to be seen if he really had one or not...
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Meanwhile, I've already posted chapter 5.16! (link)

I decided to post this chapter today because the next week I will be extremely busy at work from tomorrow up to the next Sunday, and (if the experiment works) I won't have the time for posting new chapters nor for reading the latest posts in the forum.
    So see you in the following week! :)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    'If the experiment works' now you just sound like a true mad scientist : P If I hear about a weird new cryptid-monster / alien lurking around your home country I'll know whose fault it is! As for your last reply-
    This is what stressed me out with challenge stories sometimes, there's a lot you want to explore but don't have time for because of the challenge itself. This happened a lot with Untamed and with my aliens stories ;-;

Time for new chapter!
    LOOK AT SIRIO'S LIL HEAD TENTACLES!! Reminds me of the Asari from Mass Effect! I wonder if they'll stay short or get longer as he grows up? I knew Venus and Steve would step up and that Steve would almost become a stand-in dad for Sirio. Woo, and now it's Venus's time for a baby! THER PICTURE WITH SIRIO WITH THE CAKE OH MY GOSHHHH ;-; Ooh Halley, after the comet right? I love the name < 3 Also well done on th age conversion! It's probably super easy but I've never tried anything like it ;-;
    they/them or she/her
    edited January 2023
    Thanks @SnowBnuuy !

The experiment is actually abroad, we have a quite long travel to do tomorrow morning. So the monster could appear anywhere, as far as you know :P
    I'm quite sure that the original cc for Sirio's head was actually inspired by the Asari, but also in this case I just picked the closest file I could find without looking where it came from. The conversion was particularly hard in this case, way worse than for normal hair styles, because in this case the mesh really has to match perfectly the head of the sim and possible glitches are not hidden below the hair part, but it is still good enough for me.
    For now I can say that Sirio has shorter tendrils than Toq had at his age, but it remains to be seen what happens to his head now. He's the only one of his kind, after all.

And yes, Halley is named after the comet.

Anyway this was mostly a cute and family-oriented chapter, so the "they are so cute!" moments were definitively intended ;)
    2if86miljyb3.png
    Adorable!

Sirio is just as cute as his name! Love his tiny little tendrils. You did a good job on that conversion. And the shorter tendril length looks perfect for a toddler.

He seems very aware of emotions and able to identify and understand them in others. Better than his father for sure. Adventurous little tyke too (even if he is clingy with his mama) going up those stairs by himself to see his little cousin. The grown ups better watch out. Can't quite interpret that "um..." reaction though. :lol: Still getting used to her?

Steve sure looked excited when Venus told him the news. I love the expression on his face and the way they're looking at each other. That's probably my favorite picture this time, even with the adorable toddler pictures in the mix.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Sirio is the best!
    And I love what you're doing with his nascent telepathic abilities. It reminds me a lot of the experiences of many mixed-race / bi-cultural kids, where you don't quite fit in either of the two worlds presented to you, and the specific mix that makes you "you" might seem rare and odd. But your family is just your family, normal to you, and there's something special about that. <3
    gen3-banner.png
    edited February 2023

Finally I'm back, the experiment ended yesterday night (and no cryptid-monster / alien are lurking around, no worries :P )

Tomorrow I will try to update again, but in the meanwhile thanks for the comments, as always!

@GlacierSnow

This chapter was full of cute pictures, toddler Sirio was probably the most hyped one but also Steve and Venus had their own lovely section in the chapter.

As for Sirio's reaction to his little cousin instead... That's one of the points to address in the next chapter, I would say.

@mightysprite

Sirio really seems to be somewhere in between his parents, he really is quite unique even for New Sixam!

Right now he lives with the Miller family in a very earthlings way, it will for sure be interesting to see how much he manages to fit among the modern sixamians. If he had to spend time with his father or some ancient sixamians too, that would probably make the mix even more unique...

2if86miljyb3.png
    edited February 2023

@HermioneSims I just found it!

- If you click the little backwards P and the line symbol thing (click inside the box first it doesn't seem to appear otherwise), click the speech marks then go down to the crossed out eye for 'spoiler!'

And WHAT? No cryptid? Do it again until you get a cryptid! Then ship it to me as a pet!

they/them or she/her

Thanks, I found it in parallel I think. I would still prefer to write down the code by myself and control better the formatting, but it doesn't matter too much after all. Thanks anyway :)

And, as for the experiment, I only work with inorganic powders. So, even if we actually used some quite high energy radiations to probe them, to create living cryptid pets from it would be quite of a discovery :P

2if86miljyb3.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top