Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 won't respond after launch (Steam)

I think I finally did it, y'all. I killed 'er dead. T_T

I think I got a little too ambitious with all the new cc I installed cuz when I tried to launch sims 3 through steam (the launcher appeared just fine!) the sims 3 window stayed black forever and eventually got the label that it's "not responding..." Every time I have to force end task through the task manager to get it to close.

I've tried uninstalling some cc, loading the game with NO cc, and just for good measure, removing all my cc and mods just to see if I could get the game even working again. No dice. I even restarted my computer... I'm not sure what I thought that was gonna accomplish honestly, but that also didn't work. I'm not sure what to do at this point? Out of fear for my precious worlds and saves, I copied and pasted my entire sims 3 folder for safe-keeping :s
~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!

Comments

• PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    UPDATE: For anyone curious, I was able to get the game to launch successfully by taking my sims 3 folder out of the electronic arts folder in "documents" (I literally just put it on my desktop) and launching the game, thus creating a new folder! I was able to just move my saves, library stuff, user presets, basically everything into the new folder successfully. I'm gonna tread very lightly with the cc from now on!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!