Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sad sims everywhere

gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
Evey sim in my game is sad about losing a family member or a close friend. I send my teen to school, all of them are sad. Invite someone over, they're sad. I've not met a sim that wasn't sad over something. Always in bad moods. It's so frustrating lol.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Yeah there are waves of deaths that come at certain times. Like all those sims who start the game at the beginning of the Young Adult stage-- they all hit the end of their lives at the same time.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    My sims are the opposite. Any sims that arrive on the active sims lot are usually angry and like kicking my bins over.
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    LOL! It's so bad to send your teen to school and then everyone is sad. My sim is in a good mood. He's consoled so many sims now he likes to console others. It's like well, we're at school and everyone is always sad. Let's make our round of condolences for the day and do it all over again tomorrow.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The sadness that is commonplace in other players' games has been replaced by anger in mine. Good grief, every Sim mine meet is ticked off and stomping around like a mad cow. I can't even do a friendly introduction with them. I finally updated my game last week and I cannot believe some of the silliness going on with my Sims' moods! Case in point, I switched households to play the second main Sim in my favorite save then ran into the first one minutes later at the grocery stall, only to have Sim 1 stomp up as if he were looking for a fight. These two Sims are BFFs and shouldn't have any problems with one another about anything. Friendly interactions were rebuffed, and their friendship stats took a big hit because of what was happening.

I put all updates on hold after Werewolves was released because of the hassle updating my mods causes, So, it's been a while since I have played a fully updated game. I don't regret having done it, but I am struggling to understand why our Sims' emotions are all over the map. Rampant sadness and anger seem to be the norm now, and I am scrambling to find mods that will hopefully bring emotional balance back to my game. I have a feeling it's all about the new Neighborhood Stories that was added in one of the updates.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Some of my sims are sad as they feel like somebody is controlling their lives.
    Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it as they are right.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The sadness that is commonplace in other players' games has been replaced by anger in mine. Good grief, every Sim mine meet is ticked off and stomping around like a mad cow. I can't even do a friendly introduction with them. I finally updated my game last week and I cannot believe some of the silliness going on with my Sims' moods! Case in point, I switched households to play the second main Sim in my favorite save then ran into the first one minutes later at the grocery stall, only to have Sim 1 stomp up as if he were looking for a fight. These two Sims are BFFs and shouldn't have any problems with one another about anything. Friendly interactions were rebuffed, and their friendship stats took a big hit because of what was happening.

I put all updates on hold after Werewolves was released because of the hassle updating my mods causes, So, it's been a while since I have played a fully updated game. I don't regret having done it, but I am struggling to understand why our Sims' emotions are all over the map. Rampant sadness and anger seem to be the norm now, and I am scrambling to find mods that will hopefully bring emotional balance back to my game. I have a feeling it's all about the new Neighborhood Stories that was added in one of the updates.

I've been seeing sims stomping around like they're mad. I pause and click on them to see why they're angry and they have no angry moodlet, not even a hidden one. If I allow them to continue and they interact with another sim it's a friendly, romantic, or funny social that comes up. After I check on them and then switch to another sim the one who was stomping around is back to walking normal again. In my game it's like it's a glitch with the walk.
    Hmm it seems like I'm not the only one with lots of Very Angry sims running around since the last patch! In my game they autonomously insult each other and my sims. I posted on the Ahq thread about the autonomous insulting but was told insulting is normal for Very Angry. Maybe when I get home from work I'll make a new thread over there about excessive Very Angry npcs. If it's by design somehow, someone over there will surely tell us ☺
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited January 2023
    The autonomous insulting seems to have cooled off for me since it's hotfix last year. My sim self's daughter who is a Young Adult encountered a sim at the gym who's also a Young Adult and autonomously insulted her and a pop up appeared telling me that his daughter discovered that said sim was an Evil sim.
    Post edited by Brd709 on
    edited January 2023
    I noticed a change in my sims personalities. They will be mean to someone for no reason. It's either sadness or someone being mean and they're not even angry. They just start yelling at their kids or spouse. I would love to see some drama stirred up in my game other than sad sims everywhere. I even see sad sims walking down the street. It's gotten a little ridiculous.

I never see fighting though. I'd like to see more of that lol. Also, my sims moods are all over the place! They have so many moodlets going on. I almost forgot....sadness and uncomfortable rules in my game.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 907 Member
    The current family I'm on generation 6. The past 2 generations have been sad back to back during their entire lives over deaths.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
    JaiSea wrote: »
    The current family I'm on generation 6. The past 2 generations have been sad back to back during their entire lives over deaths.

Same! I'm on about the 5-6th generation. Just took my teen to school and of course sadness and the rest are very uncomfortable. The teens aren't aging either so it's the same sims their parents went to high school with! No idea why some of the teen townie sims aren't aging.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My Sims's moodlets are constantly fighting for dominance. Sad moodlet gets moved because of an angry moodlet then a fear pops up and pushes the other two moodlets further down the line of importance. And my Sims's facial expressions constantly change in response to whatever newest moodlet comes up. The fear moodlet is especially annoying when my Sims are fulfilling whims and working toward fulfilling an aspiration. And their fear is having unfulfilled wants. The odd bit in that is my Sims seldom got a want to fulfill or a fear to conquer that wasn't connected to an aspiration or trait. So, I'm confused as to what these wants mean in relation to the wants and fears, and how to deal with them. My Sims, before I updated, seldom had moodlets that left them unable to perform simple tasks because they feel overly sad or angry. Tonight, I am going to disable the Werewolves pack and see if that makes a difference in how often the angry moodlet pops up, affecting the NPCs that seem to be taking over every world. But if this all came about because of being included in an update, I need to find a mod or five that will help my Sims regain some sanity.
    Anyone else with the Very Angry NPCs bug (if it is a bug), I made a thread here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Suddenly-many-Very-Angry-NPCs-since-Jan-2023-patch/m-p/12254002#M239458

@JustinB113 do you know if there's a bug thread about high school teen NPCs not aging? I have that in my game but so far it's only the children of 1 couple that I downloaded from the gallery so I feel like my situation isn't a great example to base a thread on
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Anyone else with the Very Angry NPCs bug (if it is a bug), I made a thread here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Suddenly-many-Very-Angry-NPCs-since-Jan-2023-patch/m-p/12254002#M239458

@JustinB113 do you know if there's a bug thread about high school teen NPCs not aging? I have that in my game but so far it's only the children of 1 couple that I downloaded from the gallery so I feel like my situation isn't a great example to base a thread on

No idea - are they not in world npcs? I’m not sure if they age up automatically, I have a feeling they do not or didn’t use to.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

This thread has been closed. Please use Answers HQ for technical issues and bugs.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top