Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alien kids

My female sim has 4 kids with an alien. How soon can I tell if they're half alien? None were born with the alien skin color. I'm so disappointed.

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,789 Member
    They won’t register as being half-alien, I don’t think. The game only seems to recognise full alien or non-alien. If they’re full alien, they will have been born with a different outfit to human sim babies, plus if they were born in the hospital, you should have ended up with the alien crib. In my experience, if a sim has an alien baby through woohoo rather than abduction, the babies won’t register as being alien and will only have a sim form, not an alien one as well. Best way to tell whether that is the case is when they age into a toddler and you go into CAS.
  • gbaisdengbaisden Posts: 95 Member
    They won’t register as being half-alien, I don’t think. The game only seems to recognise full alien or non-alien. If they’re full alien, they will have been born with a different outfit to human sim babies, plus if they were born in the hospital, you should have ended up with the alien crib. In my experience, if a sim has an alien baby through woohoo rather than abduction, the babies won’t register as being alien and will only have a sim form, not an alien one as well. Best way to tell whether that is the case is when they age into a toddler and you go into CAS.

I went to cas and they didn't have an alien form. They were through woohoo with alien sim and no alien crib. Boo...lol I thought there was a chance.

Now I have 4 toddlers lol.

• EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    At least they'll be able to do the secret alien handshake with each other.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Eleri wrote: »

Agreed, if they are registered by the game as being "half" alien then they should have limited alien interactions, even if that status is only registered in code and not observable to the player. I do however find it strange that they have normal skin tone instead of alien skins. I have never had this in my game, the halflings have always had alien skin.

Could this be affected by a mod, perhaps? I don't play with mods, but I *think* mccc should be able to help with getting alien babies for females.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited January 2023
    Only one parent is alien, so it was up to chance. It’s not guaranteed the children would be a pure alien having access to all the powers

Well that's pretty cool lol.

Weird thing is, her alien boyfriend was there and she got up, went outside and the next thing I know she was beamed up. I NEVER have alien abductions, and this is maybe the 5th generation and the first time it's happened. She came back, they tried for a baby and had triplets. That never happens either in my game. I see some twins but not triplets.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    I've never really thought about this deeply before, but it seems to me that I've never had a pure alien baby from a human and an alien woohooing, rather than alien pollination technique. Could be a coincidence.
    I do however find it strange that they have normal skin tone instead of alien skins. I have never had this in my game, the halflings have always had alien skin.

Could this be affected by a mod, perhaps? I don't play with mods, but I *think* mccc should be able to help with getting alien babies for females.
    I play vanilla and I've had half aliens with human skin tones. It seems to me that if the mother's an alien, the halflings have alien skin tones, but if the mother is human and the father's an alien, they'll have human skin tones. Could be another coincidence though. It's not like I produce half alien babies on a regular basis.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
    I've never really thought about this deeply before, but it seems to me that I've never had a pure alien baby from a human and an alien woohooing, rather than alien pollination technique. Could be a coincidence.
    I do however find it strange that they have normal skin tone instead of alien skins. I have never had this in my game, the halflings have always had alien skin.

I play vanilla and I've had half aliens with human skin tones. It seems to me that if the mother's an alien, the halflings have alien skin tones, but if the mother is human and the father's an alien, they'll have human skin tones. Could be another coincidence though. It's not like I produce half alien babies on a regular basis.

The mother is human and the father is alien. All 4 kids have human skin tones. This is the first time I've really played with an alien. She met him and proposed to him on the first date and he refused lol. I found out in cas he is alien. They're in the child stage now and I haven't played them. Too many for me to keep up with. 6 sims are a bit much.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I've been playing primarily alien main household since Get To Work came out and it's honestly pretty random. I don't know if there is a trick to get a full alien baby short of an abduction. Kerrigan has given birth to full alien, human with alien skin tone, and normal human babies on about an equal level. This is Kerrigan's latest daughter Alanna. She's human. Before that she gave birth to blue skin alien twins who have some pretty intense high pitched voices!

7VUGSQU.png

They're teens now and all they can do is the secret alien handshake. Their alien dad died of old age recently.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    gbaisden wrote: »
    They're teens now and all they can do is the secret alien handshake. Their alien dad died of old age recently.

Maybe have one of them find their own alien partner and the odds for a full alien go up? Since they are half and their partner would be full alien.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    gbaisden wrote: »

Maybe have one of them find their own alien partner and the odds for a full alien go up? Since they are half and their partner would be full alien.

Since there are 4 of them, I will experiment! LOL
    edited February 2023
    Update - I did have my half alien have a baby with a full alien. We have half alien kid.

My sims half alien sibling had twins with full alien and both were born aliens. So I got my alien babies lol
    Post edited by gbaisden on