Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

San Sequoia World Discussion

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    edited January 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I was wondering if the San in San sequoia along with the bear icon in the road map could be referring to the San Diego zoo. The last world we got had a pier with rides so could it be possible to get a zoo to visit?
    I don't know how high this chance is but the thought crossed my mind today so I wanted to share it.

Zoos would make sense in a Generations EP. Hope it happens.

Doesn't have to be the zoo. A bear graces the California State flag. But, I'm in favor of a zoo, as a place to take the kidlets for a family outing. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ThirteenCatz2ThirteenCatz2 Posts: 80 Member
    lol rabbit hole zoo
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    lol rabbit hole zoo

I hope not. I want a real zoo.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    lol rabbit hole zoo

I hope not. I want a real zoo.

A zoo would have too many new animated assets. Maybe there could be a petting zoo -as most of the animals in a petting zoo are already in the game- but having a brand new zoo would take resources to create and animate many different animals that have shapes and behaviours that aren't close to anything we have.

Since we're getting infants I guess there'll be a new Kindergarten/daycare venue type and, at least, one park with new playing equipment for younger sims and a bigger forested area in a different neighbourhood. I'me thinking there may be three neighbourhoods: Coastal suburban neighbourhood with lighthouse and a small park, a pier area with a bar (because we always get a bar), the new nursery venue and -hopefully- rowhouses/terraced houses that work similarly to apartments and a third neighbourhood with a big national park lot and some cabins.

I also hope to see the return of the treehouse.
    Happy simming!
    I would love a pier section.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,648 Member

Let’s hope that we can click on it and go straight to it and not have to travel from a nearby residential lot like the pier in Copperdale.

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Let’s hope that we can click on it and go straight to it and not have to travel from a nearby residential lot like the pier in Copperdale.

Agreed. Or, at the very least that there will be significantly closer lots, more like the one in Tartosa.
    edited January 2023
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Agreed. Or, at the very least that there will be significantly closer lots, more like the one in Tartosa.

What would be great is if there was a cafe or restaurant right next door that could be the starting point. They could sit and enjoy a beverage and a view of the ocean before and/or after visiting the pier. I would still rather go straight to the pier, but that would be a great plan B. Now that I think about it a bit more, if the devs don't do that I will, providing there is a lot overlooking the water.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

What would be great is if there was a cafe or restaurant right next door that could be the starting point. They could sit and enjoy a beverage and a view of the ocean before and/or after visiting the pier. I would still rather go straight to the pier, but that would be a great plan B. Now that I think about it a bit more, if the devs don't do that I will, providing there is a lot overlooking the water.

You can only travel to lots, and a pier would most certaily be a neighbourhood feature due to size, unless they build the lot nearby or directly on the pier to allow for easy access. A seaside cafe would be lovely indeed.
    crocobaura wrote: »

You can only travel to lots, and a pier would most certaily be a neighbourhood feature due to size, unless they build the lot nearby or directly on the pier to allow for easy access. A seaside cafe would be lovely indeed.

I didn't consider that. Just having the nearest lot closer to the pier than those in Copperdale would be good enough. I would love it if the nearest lot was half or even a little less than half the distance that sims have to cover in Copperdale.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

I didn't consider that. Just having the nearest lot closer to the pier than those in Copperdale would be good enough. I would love it if the nearest lot was half or even a little less than half the distance that sims have to cover in Copperdale.

Copperdale is weird, because they had space close enough to the pier but they chose to put down several deco buildings instead. I don't mind it that much, it's basically the same thing as for every other festival type location in game.

Copperdale is weird, because they had space close enough to the pier but they chose to put down several deco buildings instead. I don't mind it that much, it's basically the same thing as for every other festival type location in game.

I was thinking about Copperdale and when we first got it our sims had lost the ability to jog if they were covering a long distance. That was a lot of what drove me crazy, the amount of time they wasted getting from the starting point to the pier. I haven't been back to Copperdale since late August or so. The stories I've been working on, Copperdale just doesn't fit in. Maybe now since our sims have regained the ability to jog to cover long distances it wouldn't be such a pain. It would still be nice to start closer though.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    You know what's odd about that, when they go to a post-prom party, they have no problem arriving right at the pier.

gen3-banner.png
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited January 2023
    It would also be nice if it were on an editable lot so we could make an arcade and hey maybe some covered area's for vampires. I'm thinking about skipping the new expansion's if they follow along the 5 lots and 2 fishing sign theme. My vampires like fishing, I don't like it taking excessive amounts of time to get to the waters edge, time constraints' ruin a lot of chances for an excursion.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif

It could be like Brindleton Bay, which has a lot directly on the pier. That would be ideal.

Though I suspect rather than a pier, we may get something more like an esplanade. I'd love something like you have in many cities, where you have a park/ampitheatre for outdoor performances directly on the water. Like the Charles River Esplanade in Boston. That picture of the kid on the bike and the parent carrying an infant looks like they are walking along an esplanade, at least. I could easily see adding one of those that winds through the downtown neighborhood, with a park smack dab in the middle, and then 2-3 other lots slightly farther away.

It could be like Brindleton Bay, which has a lot directly on the pier. That would be ideal.

Though I suspect rather than a pier, we may get something more like an esplanade. I'd love something like you have in many cities, where you have a park/ampitheatre for outdoor performances directly on the water. Like the Charles River Esplanade in Boston. That picture of the kid on the bike and the parent carrying an infant looks like they are walking along an esplanade, at least. I could easily see adding one of those that winds through the downtown neighborhood, with a park smack dab in the middle, and then 2-3 other lots slightly farther away.

I didn’t think of that but I love it. Your description takes me back to trips I’ve made to the River Walk in San Antonio. All the restaurants, food stalls, and boutiques that line the path on both sides. And the boat rides. Something like the Esplanade and River Walk would be really cool.

I'd take that as well then when we get a music pack sims could preform there.

I didn’t think of that but I love it. Your description takes me back to trips I’ve made to the River Walk in San Antonio. All the restaurants, food stalls, and boutiques that line the path on both sides. And the boat rides. Something like the Esplanade and River Walk would be really cool.

Yes, San Antonio!! That's the other example I was trying to think of. I was like, "Austin? No, that's not right." So close and yet so far. :D
  • AriesMIAriesMI Posts: 4 New Member
    Just to be able to walk on the bridge is enough for me, but cars would be a fantastic update. I looked back at my Sims3 and I loved how that one has cars!!!

Yes, San Antonio!! That's the other example I was trying to think of. I was like, "Austin? No, that's not right." So close and yet so far. :D

So close and so different. They're both fun but entirely different vibes. Austin would be great with a music pack with all the different venues with live music.

I've been watching videos of the Charles River Esplanade. As much as I adore the River Walk, the Esplanade would fit in the game much better. The openness and the green space is perfect. River Walk is more about culture especially in April when they have Fiesta San Antonio, and it is much more touristy. It's still fun in spite of that. I think something like these places would be great additions.

• ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    A city world is good but I’m a bit done with American inspired locations. It’s a huge world out there yet almost all of the worlds are based on the USA. There’s like 13 American worlds already, 14 if you count Batuu as a Disney theme park. In terms of culture and aesthetic America really isn’t so interesting to non Americans to warrant so much content when so many other countries aren’t represented at all.

If it is a city world, we already have an American city so it would be better to do something like Paris or London. When I originally saw all the colourful buildings and the sims skin tones I was expecting a Latin inspired world, Brazil, Portugal, Colombia etc.

Henford, Windenburg and Mt Komorebi are 3 of the most popular worlds so idk why they keep going to USA.

I'm of the opposite opinion, I prefer worlds that could be seen as extensions or neighbouring existing worlds, especially as worlds are of limited size, so I have limited use of a world that has 8-12 lots in a completely different environment (especially if said world only has one urban/town centre neighbourhood with 3 or four lots suitable for community lot uses. I'm British and I don't really like using the 2.5 worlds we've gotten, as there isn't really enough space to work with to create a fulfilling, but cohesive experience.

Another issue I find with the international worlds, is that they go so overboard with the theming that anything that deviates from it just looks out of place. I'm not sure what it is about the American worlds, but they feel more natural and more allowing of eclectic and different build styles. The lots built by YouTubers in Copperdale feel much more creative and diverse than the ones in Mt Komerobi and Henford, where the ultimate goal was to feel "authentic".

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited January 2023
    Hoping tomorrow we’ll see more of the new world ☺️
    Post edited by SelinaKyles on
    Hoping tomorrow we’ll see more of the new works ☺️

Me too. Perhaps we"ll get a launch trailer and world reveal.
  • JenLilJenLil Posts: 1 New Member
    I think the bear on the road map will be the sims version of the tooth fairy. The "molar bear" or something, since we already have the bear costume all they have to do is make it snowy white. I also believe we will get infants way before the pack is available to buy as there is a female sim with a baby carrier on her back.
    I'm curious what we'll get to see of San Sequoia. I'm really hoping if it's another urban world that there is at least a nice park with hiking trails and/or another pier. There are so many visual clues in the art we've seen that say San Francisco, if so I'd love some 30x20's overlooking the water that we can make some cool community lots with.