Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA App

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
I'm trying to reinstall sims 3 through the App but it won't let me install my Expansion packs, though it says they're downloading, when they aren't. My Stuff packs have already been installed.

Edit: Doing a game repair and now I can download the expansions once the repair is over.

Edit 2: It's saying there's an error when downloading the expansions.
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I did get my expansions to download fine but the one stuff pack Fast Lane refuses to budge. It didn't download and install with the rest and though it has a download button all that does it restart a dl of the base game and then errors out.
    I do have a ticket in with support but so far no answer.

I don't believe its just the app as i uninstalled it and tried with Origin again and same thing. So I went back to the new App.

I had 3 previously on origin but had uninstalled as I was having problems but when I replaced my old system with new I thought I would redownload it. Not expecting it to be such a pain.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I did get my expansions to download fine but the one stuff pack Fast Lane refuses to budge. It didn't download and install with the rest and though it has a download button all that does it restart a dl of the base game and then errors out.
    I do have a ticket in with support but so far no answer.

I don't believe its just the app as i uninstalled it and tried with Origin again and same thing. So I went back to the new App.

I had 3 previously on origin but had uninstalled as I was having problems but when I replaced my old system with new I thought I would redownload it. Not expecting it to be such a pain.

Is it any better now?
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @ignominiusrex Yes 3 has installed fine all packs. :) Only issue is the store content now. It all downloaded and installed finally but doesn't always appear in game. Usually, I have to exit and restart to get it all to show up.

However, I am leaning towards thinking that this is a launcher problem as it's always been problematic. Hoping they will look into that and see if possible, to update. Afterall they are still selling store content.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited November 2022
    _____
    Post edited by Slacker on
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
    Welp, I got the EA app on the gaming rig. Got sims3 and all packs installed. Started to download some store content. And the plumbobbing pc DIED! Still haven't discovered the cause, I doubt it's the ea app that makes no sense, but this is a new pc (put together 1.5 years ago) and I'm plumbed what to make of this.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2022
    EA app is terrible when it comes to the Sims 3.

Ever since I switched over to it I haven't been able to keep my store content in the game. It keeps vanishing from my game and then showing as boxes in the launcher. I have tried everything I can think of, including a full re-install of the game, and nothing has fixed this issue for me. My only solution currently is to download and reinstall all the content each time I want to play, which is actually making me not want to play.

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Ever since I switched over to it I haven't been able to keep my store content in the game. It keeps vanishing from my game and then showing as boxes in the launcher. I have tried everything I can think of, including a full re-install of the game, and nothing has fixed this issue for me. My only solution currently is to download and reinstall all the content each time I want to play, which is actually making me not want to play.

they probably want you to move on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • RsandaRsanda Posts: 257 Member
    Just wanted to link to the Origin download here: https://www.dm.origin.com/download

This can still be used as a temporary solution. Hopefully EA will fix this issue until the Origin client is completely shut down.
    Not a native English speaker. Sorry for any mistakes
    Rsanda wrote: »
    Just wanted to link to the Origin download here: https://www.dm.origin.com/download

This can still be used as a temporary solution. Hopefully EA will fix this issue until the Origin client is completely shut down.

Thank you, I will give this a try.
  • sharmeshamsharmesham Posts: 5 New Member
    I understand your frustration. It took me EIGHT HOURS to get the Sims 3 to install and right now I’m having issues with the sims 3 worlds showing up in my game. I can’t even use cc anymore.

This is a MONUMENTAL screw up on EA’s part to the point I REFUSE to buy any new Sims games EVER and I’ve been playing this game series since it came out in 2000

Have you got the Smooth Patch? Because the very thing you described is happening to me, and it seems to be after installing the mod, Smooth Patch. I'm wondering if it is. Everything loaded on the load I did before installing it. Then after I installed it and launched, I got an error loading my save, but got to go back to main menu. I tried loading a new world, my drop down menu showed the world, Lunar Lakes which was for the save that got an error, was missing. I exited, launched again, checked the downloads tab, sure enough there's a bunch of stuff not installed anymore and in boxes.
    I selected all, to save time, and install. All of The Store cc items, including worlds, failed. It tells me to ensure my game has the latest software updates and try again.
    All of my own, game-created cc is ok.

It looks like maybe everything from The Store is either being affected by the mod, or the EA app. I will see how it goes without the mod and come back.
    edited December 2022

Have you got the Smooth Patch? Because the very thing you described is happening to me, and it seems to be after installing the mod, Smooth Patch. I'm wondering if it is. Everything loaded on the load I did before installing it. Then after I installed it and launched, I got an error loading my save, but got to go back to main menu. I tried loading a new world, my drop down menu showed the world, Lunar Lakes which was for the save that got an error, was missing. I exited, launched again, checked the downloads tab, sure enough there's a bunch of stuff not installed anymore and in boxes.
    I selected all, to save time, and install. All of The Store cc items, including worlds, failed. It tells me to ensure my game has the latest software updates and try again.
    All of my own, game-created cc is ok.

It looks like maybe everything from The Store is either being affected by the mod, or the EA app. I will see how it goes without the mod and come back.

It's definitely the EA app causing the issue.

My store content has been good ever since I switched back to Origin, and I do have the smooth patch as well.
    @Sharonia thanks for your reply :) another user, puzzler, on a new thread I started in 3, gave a link for the O.L. I didn't uninstall the game, only the EA App. Guess what? The O.L. showed the EA App had d.l.'d the mac verison of 3 and via the "manage add-ons". City 4, S2 and S4 were fine but 3 ... mac.
    Also, I had to write something here, because everytime I come back the rough draft of something else I was going to say but didn't,shows up in the comment box even though I delete it each time.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited January 2023
    Is anyone else getting an issue with The sims 3 with the EA app? I played for multiple hours last night but today it wouldnt let me login to my sims 3 store acct or launch the game, so i repaired it and now im getting this error with multiple packs that i own and is asking me to redownloadrth2qdvlnv29.jpg
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    Okay I got it to work again lol.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    I can't get the store content to work after the EA app! Does anyone have a fix for this.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,262 EA Community Manager
    I can't get the store content to work after the EA app! Does anyone have a fix for this.

There is an open ticket on this on Answers HQ here.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

There is an open ticket on this on Answers HQ here.

Sadly there is no help there for me. I do understand that we should be patient but that thread was started in October and considering some of us spent a lot of money for this store content, it shouldn't take more that long to fix this problem. Some of those worlds cost as much as an EP.

This EA app is killing my ability to enjoy my sins3 game. I am spending as much time scrolling through 46 pages of store content to redownload (or attempt to redoenload, because it also randomly says I don't own things that I DO) as I would actually playing.

This is burdensome beyond tolerability and I hope they are in the process of restoring to us our ability to access and use our content. If this goes on too much longer, good faith will be breached.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    This EA app is killing my ability to enjoy my sins3 game. I am spending as much time scrolling through 46 pages of store content to redownload (or attempt to redoenload, because it also randomly says I don't own things that I DO) as I would actually playing.

This is burdensome beyond tolerability and I hope they are in the process of restoring to us our ability to access and use our content. If this goes on too much longer, good faith will be breached.

Testing a fix for this right now actually.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Testing a fix for this right now actually.

Thank you for giving me hope, as I now must give up playing sims3 on my day off, because after an hour of redownloading, it timed out me logn and would not log me in again
    I tried several times to log in again and it just kept not doing it. When i returned to the downloads dashboard... all my downloaded sets that ispent the past hour scrolling through and redoenloading were reset back to not downloaded again.
    My chance to game this morning is gone, so it's time to face the work ich habe to do regardless. Stressed but your quick assurances give me hope that this will not go on much longer.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GothangelGothangel Posts: 128 Member
    i can't download pet and into the future
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I still can't reinstall or download my Sims 3 Store Contents. So not fair. :'(
    Will there be any refunds on Store content? What is the timeframe for the fix? Will there be refunds after that, failing?
    Hey all,

Sorry this was missed, but a fix for this was rolled out last month. You can follow the steps here to resolve the issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top