Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Texture quality of The Sims 4 Bathroom Clutter Kit is terrible

I think the developers are already aware of how dissatisfied the community is with the texture quality of The Sims 4 Bathroom Clutter Kit, right? On twitter, people are talking about nothing else, and are comparing the whole situation to the ballpit episode.

I honestly don't know how something like that can be acceptable. This is really bad. The hairbrush is horrible. The textures on the side even worse.

Lz0axDr.jpg

oKFmGd1.jpg

Some players are even trying to improve things a little.

gU4KRdW.jpg

Please do something to improve the quality of this kit.
tenor.gif

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    EA seriously has no shame this is just horrible bathroom clutter is ballpit 2.0 they have learned nothing and still don't respect the players enough to put out quality content it's enough we lost Stuff Packs in favor of Kits now the kits give us texture less objects.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2023
    Very low textures and details. It's good that the community are reacting to it because EA should really not set the requirements this low and people shouldn't have to point this out.

Feels very different compared to some of their better kits that they have released.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2023
    I do feel bad for whoever made these items only to have whole communitys hate upon them :sweat_smile:

but I do agree that I find the lack of detail in these items absurd and unagreeable given these are pretty much the main items of this kit its not like something on the far background people are not expected to look at

(and its even decor items not some item you absolutely have to have in the game smh)

Thankfully its kit I am not planning to get anyway so I am spared this time

but I definitely do not want to see more of this in future packs thanks

tbh most absurd to me is why put the hairties etc on the box thing if you were gonna leave it like that it is just beyond me looks almost as if they didn't have time to finish what was started
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited January 2023
    I agree, I too feel bad for whomever made the items as its their work getting spoken about this way, BUT also this quality just isn't really acceptable considering the quality of all of the other previous kits.

It would have been nice if they collaborated with a CC creator for this kit. It feels like this kit was slapped together in time for release as a filler until the EP is released for purchase without caring about the quality. I was really excited for it too because I desperately wanted new stuff to decorate bathrooms with.

The hair tie/jewelry box literally feels like it was falsely advertised. They had to have edited the item so much in order to get those items on top to look 3D and to have texture in the promo photo from the summit when they are literally just flatly painted on top.
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    It's really sad that The Sims Team let something like this go unnoticed. Where's the quality control?
    tenor.gif
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    I think the developers are already aware of how dissatisfied the community is with the texture quality of The Sims 4 Bathroom Clutter Kit, right? On twitter, people are talking about nothing else, and are comparing the whole situation to the ballpit episode.

I honestly don't know how something like that can be acceptable. This is really bad. The hairbrush is horrible. The textures on the side even worse.

Lz0axDr.jpg

oKFmGd1.jpg

gU4KRdW.jpg

One of the reasons I won’t be getting this kit. Are we getting clutter kits for every room? 🤔

The box itself seems rushed. 🏃🏻‍♂️ Why aren’t the bands on the box 3D? Like the brush, it’s jarring and takes you out of the game. Let’s hope they patch it for those who buy it. 🤞

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Oof. I'm sorry, but this is really, really awful. No quality check? This isn't an indie game.

What in the world is going on over there? Have they moved all of the experienced devs over to Project Rene? Is this how the Sims 4 is going down, with lower and lower quality and more and more unchecked bugs?
    #Team Occult
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    At least the items look still a hundred times better than the carousels of the HSY fair.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    its awful
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited January 2023
    Simply put if these items aren’t going to do anything then they need to look good for me to choose to use them. For real money, they need to look really good. It really just is of no use to me like this and would be a waste of money. Which is a shame because I like a lot of the kits.

Maybe they could go back to working with youtubers because Plumbellas kit was great.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    :s:s:s:s
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

It confuses me to be honest. For who is this kit meant to be really?

I always believed that BB clutter kits are especially designed for folks who love adding more DETAIL to their game.
    Did the team not keep storytellers in mind? Many Storytellers take many many screenshots for their stories, including CLOSE- UPS!
    Is it not for Machinima producers?
    For simmers that play in first person mode?
    For Simmers who simply just love to gaze lovingly at the new hairdryer in their new build?
    For anyone who just appreciates…QUALITY?

Do we no longer deserve proper attention to detail? Why is there so much inconsistency in quality?
    Or is this kit ONLY for those who play The Sims 4 on an old school hand push lawnmower? Is it ONLY for folks who don’t care one way or another? That’s fine, but I personally don’t agree with poor and inconsistent visuals.

I can deal with low poly animated ambient objects, such as …ducks (they’re absolutely hilarious looking from up-close), but can I deal with a $5 kit offering a variety of purely decorative, low quality, static objects that should make my sim’s bathroom look all snazzy and jazzy? Yes, I can deal with that by simply not buying it. But I will complain. 😆
    I truly hope this issue, among other issues on the long list of issues, will be addressed…

I can fully understand that compromises must be made for optimization reasons, but doing that by giving use half- baked kits surely can’t be the way forward?
    How about this: let the compromise be NO KITS at all, and offer us better quality Stuff Packs, GPs and EPs instead!

I have no problem with kits whatsoever, in fact, I own a few nice ones and I would have gladly bought this kit if quality wasn’t an issue. But it is.
    I’d much rather wait a lot longer for a pack with excellent graphics and meaningful gameplay then sort of having to look at a seemingly rushed low poly kit and / or mess around with an utter bug fest that doesn’t really fit in with the rest of my clutter…

That’s just me and my two polygon cents. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • gooochyeeegooochyeee Posts: 2 New Member
    Not good, bad move by ea
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    While most of the kit I enjoy, I do agree that the stand in particular is horrible looking--I hope they release a fix/patch like they did for the ballpit :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2023

Lz0axDr.jpg

oKFmGd1.jpg

gU4KRdW.jpg

The brush looks like it has tiny spoons shoved into it. :D The work done here is very sloppy. :|
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    This is why I make my own content. :/
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.